Warning/ticket stories - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #316
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Most of the laws are common sense, but at some point in time we will all break them and we may get caught or not but we are all not perfect by any mean so no one should judge some one elses mistakes on here no matter your rank as a dmv instructor or just a DD
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #317
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99
Most of the laws are common sense, but at some point in time we will all break them and we may get caught or not but we are all not perfect by any mean so no one should judge some one elses mistakes on here no matter your rank as a dmv instructor or just a DD
The point is we all have pet peeves and that is a major one for alot of people.
My other major one is people not using cruise on the interstate
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #318
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

The point is we all have pet peeves and that is a major one for alot of people.
My other major one is people not using cruise on the interstate
And im not saying your wrong, i hate cruisers in the left "fast lane" too cause in the country where i live people just like to use cruise and drive so most of my driving is actually in the left lane cause im usually passing drivers, but i understand both sides
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #319
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

The point is we all have pet peeves and that is a major one for alot of people.
My other major one is people not using cruise on the interstate
Agreed. People driving slow in the fast lane is my biggest pet peeve with people riding my *** on the highway while I am speeding and in the slow lane a close second.

Its like you get one or the other. People who love to sit in the fast lane and drive slow or people who refuse to use the passing lanes to pass and sit in the slow lane up some bodies ***.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #320
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Agreed. People driving slow in the fast lane is my biggest pet peeve with people riding my *** on the highway while I am speeding and in the slow lane a close second.

Its like you get one or the other. People who love to sit in the fast lane and drive slow or people who refuse to use the passing lanes to pass and sit in the slow lane up some bodies ***.
So true man!
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #321
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Agreed. People driving slow in the fast lane is my biggest pet peeve with people riding my *** on the highway while I am speeding and in the slow lane a close second.

Its like you get one or the other. People who love to sit in the fast lane and drive slow or people who refuse to use the passing lanes to pass and sit in the slow lane up some bodies ***.
Ebrake causes them to back off fairly quickly (I do not condone this behavior)
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #322
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Ebrake causes them to back off fairly quickly (I do not condone this behavior)
Especially lifted trucks with HIDs that get behind me...
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #323
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Ebrake causes them to back off fairly quickly (I do not condone this behavior)
I scared the living hell out of one guy when he backed off a little from a brake check when I down shifted and did in engine break. I then floored it before he could hit me. He backed wayyyyyy the hell off after words. I was doing 80 in a 65 in the slow lane. With 2 other open lanes.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #324
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ghostedmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville
Region: Alabama
Posts: 918
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
My opinion on all this, is if you are on a road where the speed limit is 70, and you are going 70, then you have every right to be in the "fast lane" it's a speed LIMIT, not speed minimum, which means that’s the maximum legal speed you can go, and personally If I’m in the "fast lane" and I’m going 70, I don’t care if the next closest person in the left lane(s) are going 70, 69, 20, if I’m passing people AT ANY RATE, I have every right to be there, and if you want to speed past me and go OVER the legal limit, by all means have at it, but I'm not going to move over just because you should have left earlier, or you can’t obey the speed limit, but I do think that anyone doing less than the speed limit should be in the left lane though.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't ever speed, but I'm also not one of those people who do 80 in a 70 and then tailgate you because you're doing 70 in the fast lane, I'll just stay my 2sec back and find my way around you. The people that are doing 80 in a 70 and then flash you because you're doing the speed limit (and still passing the 65-69MPHers mind you) are what piss me off.

Regardless of situations and difference in opinions we are (mostly) all adults here, and should treat each other. There is no need to make someone feel unwelcome, talked down to, belittled etc. just because they have a different opinion. Also, Laws are different in each state, county and city, just because your laws are the way they are for you, doesn't make someone else wrong about the way they drive. Keep that in mind guys/gals
__________________
Redfire '04 V6 - K&N CAI, Divorced duals, Bama Tune, EGR Delete, Gauge cluster LED overhaul.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #325
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
My opinion on all this, is if you are on a road where the speed limit is 70, and you are going 70, then you have every right to be in the "fast lane" it's a speed LIMIT, not speed minimum, which means that’s the maximum legal speed you can go, and personally If I’m in the "fast lane" and I’m going 70, I don’t care if the next closest person in the left lane(s) are going 70, 69, 20, if I’m passing people AT ANY RATE, I have every right to be there, and if you want to speed past me and go OVER the legal limit, by all means have at it, but I'm not going to move over just because you should have left earlier, or you can’t obey the speed limit, but I do think that anyone doing less than the speed limit should be in the left lane though.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't ever speed, but I'm also not one of those people who do 80 in a 70 and then tailgate you because you're doing 70 in the fast lane, I'll just stay my 2sec back and find my way around you. The people that are doing 80 in a 70 and then flash you because you're doing the speed limit (and still passing the 65-69MPHers mind you) are what piss me off.

Regardless of situations and difference in opinions we are (mostly) all adults here, and should treat each other. There is no need to make someone feel unwelcome, talked down to, belittled etc. just because they have a different opinion. Also, Laws are different in each state, county and city, just because your laws are the way they are for you, doesn't make someone else wrong about the way they drive. Keep that in mind guys/gals
THANK YOU and you too Gordito. No me molesto, nomás no me dejo que me hagan tonto
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #326
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
My opinion on all this, is if you are on a road where the speed limit is 70, and you are going 70, then you have every right to be in the "fast lane" it's a speed LIMIT, not speed minimum, which means that’s the maximum legal speed you can go, and personally If I’m in the "fast lane" and I’m going 70, I don’t care if the next closest person in the left lane(s) are going 70, 69, 20, if I’m passing people AT ANY RATE, I have every right to be there, and if you want to speed past me and go OVER the legal limit, by all means have at it, but I'm not going to move over just because you should have left earlier, or you can’t obey the speed limit, but I do think that anyone doing less than the speed limit should be in the left lane though.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't ever speed, but I'm also not one of those people who do 80 in a 70 and then tailgate you because you're doing 70 in the fast lane, I'll just stay my 2sec back and find my way around you. The people that are doing 80 in a 70 and then flash you because you're doing the speed limit (and still passing the 65-69MPHers mind you) are what piss me off.

Regardless of situations and difference in opinions we are (mostly) all adults here, and should treat each other. There is no need to make someone feel unwelcome, talked down to, belittled etc. just because they have a different opinion. Also, Laws are different in each state, county and city, just because your laws are the way they are for you, doesn't make someone else wrong about the way they drive. Keep that in mind guys/gals
I dont like your opinions, but they are still that compared to the law. As I posted above it isn't rated on speed limits but flow of traffic. If you have people behind you in the fast lane and you are blocking the flow of traffic you are breaking the law.

As also stated it has already started, cops are beginning to ticket people for doing this. So you might want to stop driving based on your opinions or we will see you on here complaining because you got ticketed for driving in the fast lane holding up traffic. Already been another member on here who got such a ticket.

If you feel belittled by my comments telling you what the law is, you've got bigger issues in your life than this forum and should deal with those first.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #327
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
It's a forum, dude. People have different opinions, no one has the same mindset. Honestly, if people take what they see on the Internet and take it seriously, then I don't know what to say. Yada yada, haven't been pulled over for what you say is illegal, you don't live in California where people don't drive the way you want them to, and ill drive the safest way I know how. If I wanted a lesson with crappy, know-it-all instructors who only see the world through their eyes, I would have gone back to high school. I'm outta piss, you win, this pissing contest is over back to the original topic of POSTING STORIES OF TICKETS/WARNINGS
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #328
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
It's a forum, dude. People have different opinions, no one has the same mindset. Honestly, if people take what they see on the Internet and take it seriously, then I don't know what to say. Yada yada, haven't been pulled over for what you say is illegal, you don't live in California where people don't drive the way you want them to, and ill drive the safest way I know how. If I wanted a lesson with crappy, know-it-all instructors who only see the world through their eyes, I would have gone back to high school. I'm outta piss, you win, this pissing contest is over back to the original topic of POSTING STORIES OF TICKETS/WARNINGS
That's cool man. If you want to live an unlogical world that is fine. Just don't ever whine here when you get a ticket.

I mean with your argument if one man kills another and goes to court and his opinion was the guy needed to just die, that means it isn't breaking the law right?!

Your the one the whole time getting upset because some people on the internet said you are breaking the law
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #329
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
I need a translator for some of that please? Anybody? I barely speak English, little alone Spanish.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #330
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ghostedmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville
Region: Alabama
Posts: 918
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I dont like your opinions, but they are still that compared to the law. As I posted above it isn't rated on speed limits but flow of traffic. If you have people behind you in the fast lane and you are blocking the flow of traffic you are breaking the law.

As also stated it has already started, cops are beginning to ticket people for doing this. So you might want to stop driving based on your opinions or we will see you on here complaining because you got ticketed for driving in the fast lane holding up traffic. Already been another member on here who got such a ticket.

If you feel belittled by my comments telling you what the law is, you've got bigger issues in your life than this forum and should deal with those first.
Its obvious you didn't read all of what I typed out, let me highlight it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
If I’m in the "fast lane" and I’m going 70, I don’t care if the next closest person in the left lane(s) are going 70, 69, 20, if I’m passing people AT ANY RATE, I have every right to be there,


I'm starting to get irritated by arrogant ignorance, I dont care what cop it is, if they give you a ticket for following the law, it will get thrown out. What i stated above is still following the law, here is what you cannot seem to understand by what I stated. You will not get a ticket for impeeding the flow of traffic from 99% of LE if you are going the speed limit in the left lane if the majority of people are also going to speed limit. You are not going to get a ticket for impeeding the flow of traffic from 99% of LE if you are passing ANYONE at ANY RATE in the left lane. You will not get a ticket for impeeding the flow of traffic from 99% of LE because a hand full of people are going over the speed limit and you are in their way. YOU WILL however get a ticket from 99% of police for impeeding the flow of traffic if you are going a rate of speed in ANY LANE that is causing congestion. This does not mean that you will get a ticket for going the speed limit in the "fast lane."

Now, there is always the 1% of LE that is having a bad day and will give you a ticket for picking your damn nose, but just because someone you know got a ticket for picking his damn nose does not mean that everyone on ****ing earth will. Pay attention to what you read and get off your high horse.
__________________
Redfire '04 V6 - K&N CAI, Divorced duals, Bama Tune, EGR Delete, Gauge cluster LED overhaul.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #331
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
I didn't read all of what you said this time because you didn't read what I said. What you keep saying isn't how the law works.

If you are holding up the flow of traffic in the passing lane you are breaking the law. You could be passing people for 6 miles straight but if you have a group of people all up your *** your holding up the normal flow of traffic.

People in the slow lane could be doing 60, your doing 80 and people behind you wanting to do 90 and you are holding up the flow of traffic.

Before trying to be a smartass you should really learn to read. Since, ya know, ya want to tell me I can't read.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #332
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ghostedmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville
Region: Alabama
Posts: 918
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
For example here is a snippet from alabama,

Quote:
Impeding traffic flow refers to driving at such a slow speed as to impede the normal or reasonable movement of traffic. This type of statutes is frequently referred to as "slow speed" statutes. The statute does not apply when the slow speed is necessary due to special conditions, such as ice, snow, or an emergency scene. The purpose for the statute is rooted in recognition that the slow driver may be the cause of fatal highway accidents as well as the fast driver. The impeding traffic statute is considered a penal statute, and for that reason, it is strictly construed in favor of the motorist. The prohibition against slow-moving traffic on a highway is not limited in its application only to situations where traffic is approaching from the opposite direction. Any slow-moving traffic which would result in hazard to life, limb, or property, regardless of whether the traffic it impedes approaches from the front or rear, or from both directions, is enjoined.
Not everywhere is the same, also, get your information from a reliable source, if you really want to find out, go look at actual laws,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 GEORGIA LAW
2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 40 - MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
CHAPTER 6 - UNIFORM RULES OF THE ROAD
ARTICLE 9 - SPEED RESTRICTIONS
§ 40-6-184 - Impeding traffic flow; minimum speed in left-hand lanes
More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on googlebuzzShare on emailTweetO.C.G.A. 40-6-184 (2010)
40-6-184. Impeding traffic flow; minimum speed in left-hand lanes


(a)(1) No person shall drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation.

(2) On roads, streets, or highways with two or more lanes allowing for movement in the same direction, no person shall continue to operate a motor vehicle in the most left-hand lane at less than the maximum lawful speed limit once such person knows or should reasonably know that he is being overtaken in such lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed, except when such motor vehicle is preparing for a left turn.

(b) Whenever the commissioner of public safety or the commissioner of transportation or local authorities determine on the basis of any engineering and traffic investigation that slow speeds on any part of a road under their respective jurisdictions impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, such commissioners jointly, or such local authorities, may determine and declare a minimum speed limit below which no person shall drive a vehicle except when necessary for safe operation, and that limit shall be effective when posted upon fixed or variable signs.
__________________
Redfire '04 V6 - K&N CAI, Divorced duals, Bama Tune, EGR Delete, Gauge cluster LED overhaul.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #333
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Your thing from Alabama is very select to promote your point and doesn't explain the full detail of the law, just one specific condition of it.

Second your post on Georgia law actually says what I have been saying the whole time.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #334
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ghostedmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville
Region: Alabama
Posts: 918
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I didn't read all of what you said this time because you didn't read what I said. What you keep saying isn't how the law works.

If you are holding up the flow of traffic in the passing lane you are breaking the law. You could be passing people for 6 miles straight but if you have a group of people all up your *** your holding up the normal flow of traffic.

People in the slow lane could be doing 60, your doing 80 and people behind you wanting to do 90 and you are holding up the flow of traffic.

Before trying to be a smartass you should really learn to read. Since, ya know, ya want to tell me I can't read.
The "normal" flow of traffic refers to the individualls going the speed limit. Not the 3 or 4 behind you that want to go over the speed limit. The NORMAL flow of traffic is what the majority of people are doing. By your logic if 50 people are doing 70 (speed limit of 70) 40 people are doing 65 and 10 people are doing 90 the normal flow of traffic is 90... but ITS NOT, the normal flow of traffic is 70!

Again I say, the NORMAL FLOW OF TRAFFIC refers to the speed the MAJORITY of people are doing.
__________________
Redfire '04 V6 - K&N CAI, Divorced duals, Bama Tune, EGR Delete, Gauge cluster LED overhaul.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #335
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
I need a translator for some of that please? Anybody? I barely speak English, little alone Spanish.
Lol he said there's no problem, don't worry about it. And I just told him yeah there's no problem, I just don't like it when people make me look like I'm dumb haha I gotcha Ubnbit
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #336
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ghostedmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville
Region: Alabama
Posts: 918
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Second your post on Georgia law actually says what I have been saying the whole time.
No it doesnt

Quote:
(2) On roads, streets, or highways with two or more lanes allowing for movement in the same direction, no person shall continue to operate a motor vehicle in the most left-hand lane at less than the maximum lawful speed limit once such person knows or should reasonably know that he is being overtaken in such lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed, except when such motor vehicle is preparing for a left turn.
Can you see the part in bold this time? that is EXACTLY what I've been saying this whole time. As long as you are going the maximum lawful speed limit you are perfectly legal to be in the left lane
__________________
Redfire '04 V6 - K&N CAI, Divorced duals, Bama Tune, EGR Delete, Gauge cluster LED overhaul.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #337
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post

The "normal" flow of traffic refers to the individualls going the speed limit. Not the 3 or 4 behind you that want to go over the speed limit. The NORMAL flow of traffic is what the majority of people are doing. By your logic if 50 people are doing 70 (speed limit of 70) 40 people are doing 65 and 10 people are doing 90 the normal flow of traffic is 90... but ITS NOT, the normal flow of traffic is 70!

Again I say, the NORMAL FLOW OF TRAFFIC refers to the speed the MAJORITY of people are doing.
Normal flow of traffic is reffering to the fast lane. If you are in the fast lane doing 70 and there are people driving 65 in the slow lane, how can you say the 10+ people behind you were not driving 80 or don't intend to drive 80?

You are then deciding that you know what the "normal" flow is. A cop is going to look at you leading a pack of people all crammed up each others *** and will go after you for it.

At the end of the day, you are trying to justify that you drove the way that makes you happy even if it ruins 10+ other peoples lives by holding them up. You cannot say you know what others want.

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

Lol he said there's no problem, don't worry about it. And I just told him yeah there's no problem, I just don't like it when people make me look like I'm dumb haha I gotcha Ubnbit
I didn't make you look dumb, I made you look incorrect. If you can't comprehend the difference maybe you are dumb?
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #338
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
Lol. Appreciate the translation! I am now fully caught up!
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #339
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
I got an idea! Lets ask a cop!


That being said, I know a highway motorcycle patrolman who I talked extensively about driving under the influence. We touched traffic just a bit, all he said is that he pulls people over if they are in the fast lane traveling at unsafe speeds and recklessly eg; 80-90 I have not read anywhere that says you can have blatant disregard for the law because you want to go faster. One of my first posts that I kept on repeating was I DONT TRAVEL FASTER THAN 90 ON THE HIGHWAY AND IF SOME ******* TRIES TO CUT ME OFF TO GET IN FRONT OF ME I DONT LET THEM. I DONT SLOW THE TRAFFIC FLOW IF THERE IS A CAR 200 FEET IN FRONT OF ME. I DO NOT NOT NOT IMPEDE THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC. Now I admit I shouldn't have used the word "cruising" in my first post because that's what got the two driving instructors on this forum upset. I get your point of going slow in the fast lane but I don't get how it's illegal and called going slow if I'm passing cars on the right lanes, going 20 over, and have a car 200 damn feet in front of me. One of your last posts says you hate tailgaters so wtf? You want me to tailgate apart from thinking that the California highway is the German autobahn? Come down to California to get a taste of what Cali driving is all about then judge my driving
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #340
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ghostedmind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville
Region: Alabama
Posts: 918
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Arrogant ignorance at its finest. "at the end of the day" you just cant shut up either, if a cop looks at me going 70, passing people going 65 with a line of people behind me whos to say hes going to assume they want to go faster, further more, WHO THE HELL CARES, according to the law an impeding the flow of traffic ticket for going the SPEED LIMIT in the left lane will get thrown out, a cop wont give you a ticket because he THINKS the people behind you want to go 80. And yes, i'm totally ruining their life because i'm forcing them to follow the speed limit LAW. what you are saying makes no sense because you are trying to say that cops are telling you its ok to speed. you are trying to say that cops are telling you its ok to break the law. Guess what, I'm not going to change the way I drive and I'm not going to get a ticket for impeeding the flow either. And beyond that EVEN IF I DID, I will be on here laughing my *** off at the cop all the way to court because it WILL be thrown out.

Quote:
I didn't make you look dumb, I made you look incorrect. If you can't comprehend the difference maybe you are dumb?
BTW, There is no way in hell that was necessary and it just shows what an arrogant *** you are.
__________________
Redfire '04 V6 - K&N CAI, Divorced duals, Bama Tune, EGR Delete, Gauge cluster LED overhaul.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #341
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I didn't make you look dumb, I made you look incorrect. If you can't comprehend the difference maybe you are dumb?
Thank you for the insult. Ahh man. That was a translation I made for Ubnbit. We all think we're correct here.
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #342
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
I got an idea! Lets ask a cop!

That being said, I know a highway motorcycle patrolman who I talked extensively about driving under the influence. We touched traffic just a bit, all he said is that he pulls people over if they are in the fast lane traveling at unsafe speeds and recklessly eg; 80-90 I have not read anywhere that says you can have blatant disregard for the law because you want to go faster. One of my first posts that I kept on repeating was I DONT TRAVEL FASTER THAN 90 ON THE HIGHWAY AND IF SOME ******* TRIES TO CUT ME OFF TO GET IN FRONT OF ME I DONT LET THEM. I DONT SLOW THE TRAFFIC FLOW IF THERE IS A CAR 200 FEET IN FRONT OF ME. I DO NOT NOT NOT IMPEDE THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC. Now I admit I shouldn't have used the word "cruising" in my first post because that's what got the two driving instructors on this forum upset. I get your point of going slow in the fast lane but I don't get how it's illegal and called going slow if I'm passing cars on the right lanes, going 20 over, and have a car 200 damn feet in front of me. One of your last posts says you hate tailgaters so wtf? You want me to tailgate apart from thinking that the California highway is the German autobahn? Come down to California to get a taste of what Cali driving is all about then judge my driving
LOL you really don't read what I write at all. I said I hate tailgators in the far right lane when you are already speeding. That is what the fast lane is for. Also it is one thing to be following a leader in the fast lane and be held up by them. I never said that was an issue. If you have clear roads ahead or more than just safe car lengths and people behind you, you should move out of the fast lane.

You can hate on me all you want, but there is a reason the U.S. has some of the worst drivers in the world.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
Arrogant ignorance at its finest. "at the end of the day" you just cant shut up either, if a cop looks at me going 70, passing people going 65 with a line of people behind me whos to say hes going to assume they want to go faster, further more, WHO THE HELL CARES, according to the law an impeding the flow of traffic ticket for going the SPEED LIMIT in the left lane will get thrown out, a cop wont give you a ticket because he THINKS the people behind you want to go 80. And yes, i'm totally ruining their life because i'm forcing them to follow the speed limit LAW. what you are saying makes no sense because you are trying to say that cops are telling you its ok to speed. you are trying to say that cops are telling you its ok to break the law. Guess what, I'm not going to change the way I drive and I'm not going to get a ticket for impeeding the flow either. And beyond that EVEN IF I DID, I will be on here laughing my *** off at the cop all the way to court because it WILL be thrown out.

BTW, There is no way in hell that was necessary and it just shows what an arrogant *** you are.
It isn't your job to enforce the law. If you want to enforce the law become a police officer. Then you can break the law and never get in trouble for it. Also that last comment was definitely nessicary since he keeps slandering my words.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #343
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

LOL you really don't read what I write at all. I said I hate tailgators in the far right lane when you are already speeding. That is what the fast lane is for. Also it is one thing to be following a leader in the fast lane and be held up by them. I never said that was an issue. If you have clear roads ahead or more than just safe car lengths and people behind you, you should move out of the fast lane.

You can hate on me all you want, but there is a reason the U.S. has some of the worst drivers in the world.
I did read actually. Nothing better to do while in the crapper

Lets clear things up. Here in Cali, the fast lane is just another lane. You are not encouraged to be in the right two lanes because that's where semis go, and cars are encouraged to take up the rest of the freeway. I've been on the fast lane in the middle of the night and a cop pulls up to my side and just speeds on by, it's just Cali driving man, don't take it up the a**. Who said anything about hate? Or being upset? Like I said this is a forum, people share their opinions whether you like them or not.

Yes there are horrible drivers. And not one of us are "perfect" drivers by a long shot.
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #344
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Also, the part that really gets me is, I speed and I know it is against the law, but I'll accept my actions for it. If I get a ticket etc. So be it. My fault.

If you guys got pulled over for impeding traffic and cruising in the passing lane you would argue with the cop until blue in the face and cry and complain about it and take it to court and fight why you shouldn't be ticketed for breaking the law.

That is the biggest difference I see here and your attitudes the whole time show it.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

I did read actually. Nothing better to do while in the crapper

Lets clear things up. Here in Cali, the fast lane is just another lane. You are not encouraged to be in the right two lanes because that's where semis go, and cars are encouraged to take up the rest of the freeway. I've been on the fast lane in the middle of the night and a cop pulls up to my side and just speeds on by, it's just Cali driving man, don't take it up the a**. Who said anything about hate? Or being upset? Like I said this is a forum, people share their opinions whether you like them or not.

Yes there are horrible drivers. And not one of us are "perfect" drivers by a long shot.
Actually California follows the uniform vehicle code. Which says the opposite of what you are saying. Just because you haven't been ticketed for it doesn't mean it doesn't break the law. I've been driving 80 in a 65 for 70 miles a day 3+ days a week for 6 months. Just because I've never been pulled over doesn't mean I am not breaking the law.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #345
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
http://youtu.be/dqiiNe8oYSo

Made this just for you guys, so you can get a taste of Cali driving. As you can see half the highway should be pulled over but since this is how everyone drives here, it's how I drive. Just FYI all those people were going 70 in the fast lane while I went 90. Care to inform them of the laws? Sorry bud that's the way we drive here it's not correct, but it is what it is
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #346
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
http://youtu.be/dqiiNe8oYSo

Made this just for you guys, so you can get a taste of Cali driving. As you can see half the highway should be pulled over but since this is how everyone drives here, it's how I drive. Just FYI all those people were going 70 in the fast lane while I went 90. Care to inform them of the laws? Sorry bud that's the way we drive here it's not correct, but it is what it is
So why can you go 90?
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #347
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

So why can you go 90?
Have you been reading the discussion about fast lanes?
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #348
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

Have you been reading the discussion about fast lanes?
But doesn't justify going 90, I understand keeping up with traffic, that's way it's here going to o'hare airport in chitown. Ive been forced to go 80, because others were going that speed, had no choice, But you were cruising on past them. Not like the others were going that speed. Just saying
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #349
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

But doesn't justify going 90, I understand keeping up with traffic, that's way it's here going to o'hare airport in chitown. Ive been forced to go 80, because others were going that speed, had no choice, But you were cruising on past them. Not like the others were going that speed. Just saying
I was proving my point. If you read last the couple of last pages you'll see what I'm talking about
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #350
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

I was proving my point. If you read last the couple of last pages you'll see what I'm talking about
I understand, no worries.. That was big debate in my last traffic class 1 month ago, because technically were suppose to keep up with traffic pace. And if you don't you could get a ticket, well around o'hare, traffic goes near 80 at times, so where does the cops draw the line. But so be it. As long as I don't get the gold ticket slip I am fine..
I'd say I'm up little over a $1k for ticket costs
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.