Warning/ticket stories - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #351
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

I understand, no worries.. That was big debate in my last traffic class 1 month ago, because technically were suppose to keep up with traffic pace. And if you don't you could get a ticket, well around o'hare, traffic goes near 80 at times, so where does the cops draw the line. But so be it. As long as I don't get the gold ticket slip I am fine..
I'd say I'm up little over a $1k for ticket costs
Yeah, over here it really depends on the cops. Highway patrol is really lenient when it comes to speed as long as you're not driving reckless. But if a motorcycle cop gets on your ***, that's a whole mother monster, those guys are the biggest ******s put there (in my experience) but I have never gotten a speeding ticket and I hopefully won't.
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #352
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

Yeah, over here it really depends on the cops. Highway patrol is really lenient when it comes to speed as long as you're not driving reckless. But if a motorcycle cop gets on your ***, that's a whole mother monster, those guys are the biggest ******s put there (in my experience) but I have never gotten a speeding ticket and I hopefully won't.
Knock on wood!

Our state has been posting signs saying "start seeing motorcycles"
Is that what that means? More cop cycles, if anyone could add on that
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #353
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Knock on wood!

Our state has been posting signs saying "start seeing motorcycles"
Is that what that means? More cop cycles, if anyone could add on that
Knock on wood indeed.

Maybe they want more people to ride bikes? Less traffic, less gas. If it means more cop cycles, then good luck to you brother.

I think that some motorcycle cops are ******bags because the rigorous courses they have to complete. I think they feel more entitled in my opinion. But that's just me

Sorry for the stars. Ill keep my posts cleaner, sometimes I forget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #354
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Knock on wood indeed.

Maybe they want more people to ride bikes? Less traffic, less gas. If it means more cop cycles, then good luck to you brother.

I think that some motorcycle cops are ******bags because the rigorous courses they have to complete. I think they feel more entitled in my opinion. But that's just me
Okay got the answer,

Here she be: http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pre...ils.cfm?ID=459

To sum it up, they want you to share the road, and offering courses to cycle users..
Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #355
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Okay got the answer,

Here she be: http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pre...ils.cfm?ID=459

To sum it up, they want you to share the road, and offering courses to cycle users..
Makes sense. Some drivers don't pay attention to motorcycles on the road. They should stress that when you're getting your license at the DMV. I admit that I didn't pay much attention to motorcycles until I decided to ride. Now I check my mirrors and give cyclists room to get by.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #356
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893

Makes sense. Some drivers don't pay attention to motorcycles on the road. They should stress that when you're getting your license at the DMV. I admit that I didn't pay much attention to motorcycles until I decided to ride. Now I check my mirrors and give cyclists room to get by.
I give room for cyclists, its the ones who weave in and out of traffic that deserve to be hit. I've been passed by bikes I never saw because they were literally going double the limit.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #357
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

I give room for cyclists, its the ones who weave in and out of traffic that deserve to be hit. I've been passed by bikes I never saw because they were literally going double the limit.
Right, if they can't respect the road, then I can't respect their space
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #358
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How about cyclists that go up the middle of lane in traffic. Just want hear different opinions
Old 05-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #359
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How about cyclists that go up the middle of lane in traffic. Just want hear different opinions
They're allowed to go down the middle, just not exaggeratedly fast as lowflyn said.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #360
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They're allowed to go down the middle, just not exaggeratedly fast as lowflyn said.
Oh they are, never knew that or looked into it
Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #361
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh they are, never knew that or looked into it
If I read my drivers handbook correct, they are allowed to go in the middle when there is traffic and at a safe speed.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #362
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893

If I read my drivers handbook correct, they are allowed to go in the middle when there is traffic and at a safe speed.
Certain states only
Our's:
Old 05-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #363
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I live in Cali and the far left lane is 70-80% carpool lane (2 or more people), that's during certain times and when it's not during that time it's just another lane.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote:

Certain states only
+1 that's a state law

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #364
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Bottom line when I was in a marked unit, IF I PULLED YOU OVER, YOU GOT A TICKET! For those with rocks for brains, you committed a violation and the ticket will hopefully stop you from doing it again. I could care less about your insurance going up.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #365
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Bottom line when I was in a marked unit, IF I PULLED YOU OVER, YOU GOT A TICKET! For those with rocks for brains, you committed a violation and the ticket will hopefully stop you from doing it again. I could care less about your insurance going up.
Everyone's favorite cop
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #366
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

Everyone's favorite cop
+1 lol

HID end all thread
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #367
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
I bet it got you ROCK hard as well!!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

39 in a 35...GET EMMMMMMM
Old 05-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #368
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
And we wonder why people hate cops....

What's a cops role? To assume you will break the law and make sure they are already there to catch it.

Imagine if companies were that way. Hey you made a small mistake. Your fired. No warnings. No hey did you know. Just cya out the front door!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #369
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If they left me be cop for a day.. Id be sittin there waiting for the cops in my county to break the speed limit to give them a taste of their medicine
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #370
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post
If they left me be cop for a day.. Id be sittin there waiting for the cops in my county to break the speed limit to give them a taste of their medicine
+1 I'd target the hell out of other cops. They really are one of the worst kind of criminals.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #371
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

+1 I'd target the hell out of other cops. They really are one of the worst kind of criminals.
Like i had one ride my a$$ so close i couldnt even see the lights from their headlights, i so badly wanted to make him rearend me but 1) i didnt wanna mess up my mustang 2) it wouldve been his word vs mine ( and the can make some crazy sh@t up! ) most not ALL but most cops abuse their power as a officer and look for the people they hated in highschool or was jealous of to mess up so they can have "revenge".. But there is the select few of cops who use their badge honestly and properly to enforce the law
Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #372
Registered Member
Regular

I think the hate goes both ways. There's some corrupt cops I agree, and they mess it up for the rest of the honest police officers. Some people share their horror stories about cops to their friends and on the information spreads. And then people are rude to cops when they get pulled over and that makes the cop more callous towards people. That's the way I see it and its a never ending cycle.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #373
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think the hate goes both ways. There's some corrupt cops I agree, and they mess it up for the rest of the honest police officers. Some people share their horror stories about cops to their friends and on the information spreads. And then people are rude to cops when they get pulled over and that makes the cop more callous towards people. That's the way I see it and its a never ending cycle.
I didnt really judge cops till one day your ride by the same one in a old 69 bug an no acknowledgement and then in a 01 Gt and he sits their and rides you till you break the law some how, but that just 1 cop, the state troops around here are super nice people that do their JOB and their job dont define them, so some are actually great people doing their job.. While others are just as bad as the crooks they arrest of most days
Old 05-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #374
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post
I didnt really judge cops till one day your ride by the same one in a old 69 bug an no acknowledgement and then in a 01 Gt and he sits their and rides you till you break the law some how, but that just 1 cop, the state troops around here are super nice people that do their JOB and their job dont define them, so some are actually great people doing their job.. While others are just as bad as the crooks they arrest of most days
Yeah, the small percentage ruin it for the whole force.

I am always respectful to law enforcement regardless. Last year I was with my ex and we went to get Starbucks an parked in the parking structure at the mall. I went up and down the structure a couple of times because we were deciding where to go so after a while I finally parked. We stay in the car listening to music and drinking coffee. 5 minutes later a cop knocks on my window telling me to roll it down. Then tells me to get out. He profiles me and asks me a couple of questions age, tattoos etc. I was 18 and my ex was 17 at the time. He talked to her and came back to me and said I had two strikes because I didn't have my license and she was "underage" I wasn't even driving and he was going to tow my car with a 30 day hold. I didn't try to fight him, I just apologized and didn't disrespect him. He finally just let me go and told me to get out.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #375
Legacy Member
Legacy

Lol...the hate towards officers in this thread is strong.

Make sure you never call one, especially if your life is in danger. Wouldn't want a power tripping criminal coming to your rescue.
Our's:
Old 05-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #376
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Make sure you never call one, especially if your life is in danger. Wouldn't want a power tripping criminal coming to your rescue.
They are mainly talking about how cops don't practice what they preach, I see cops all the time not use their blinkers. On top of that I saw a cop go over 3 lanes without a blinker. I also had one speed by me the other day in the freeway, I was doing 60 in a 65 and he just went right by me, no lights or anything. And then they try to ticket us for that same stuff.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote:

Yeah, the small percentage ruin it for the whole force.

I am always respectful to law enforcement regardless. Last year I was with my ex and we went to get Starbucks an parked in the parking structure at the mall. I went up and down the structure a couple of times because we were deciding where to go so after a while I finally parked. We stay in the car listening to music and drinking coffee. 5 minutes later a cop knocks on my window telling me to roll it down. Then tells me to get out. He profiles me and asks me a couple of questions age, tattoos etc. I was 18 and my ex was 17 at the time. He talked to her and came back to me and said I had two strikes because I didn't have my license and she was "underage" I wasn't even driving and he was going to tow my car with a 30 day hold. I didn't try to fight him, I just apologized and didn't disrespect him. He finally just let me go and told me to get out.
Your ex was within 2 years of your age so it was legal to date her, hell you could have sex with her and be fine.

HID end all thread
Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #377
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

They are mainly talking about how cops don't practice what they preach, I see cops all the time not use their blinkers. On top of that I saw a cop go over 3 lanes without a blinker. I also had one speed by me the other day in the freeway, I was doing 60 in a 65 and he just went right by me, no lights or anything. And then they try to ticket us for that same stuff.
Some not all. Sometimes I see cops like at 3 am riding around without lights to catch people speeding. And other cops flying by traffic for no reason and the main thing I hate is the blinkers. But some do their job well.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Your ex was within 2 years of your age so it was legal to date her, hell you could have sex with her and be fine.
Yeah he had no right. I just didn't want any problems. He couldn't get me for driving without a license because I want driving and we were only a couple of months apart age wise. He was just fishing so I could argue and then he could get me for whatever else he wanted to. So I basically beat him by being respectful :p
Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #378
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Some not all. Sometimes I see cops like at 3 am riding around without lights to catch people speeding. And other cops flying by traffic for no reason and the main thing I hate is the blinkers. But some do their job well.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Yeah he had no right. I just didn't want any problems. He couldn't get me for driving without a license because I want driving and we were only a couple of months apart age wise. He was just fishing so I could argue and then he could get me for whatever else he wanted to. So I basically beat him by being respectful :p
Well if the keys were in the ignition and you were in the drivers seat he could technically get you for that.

HID end all thread
Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #379
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well if the keys were in the ignition and you were in the drivers seat he could technically get you for that.
Strike one I guess. But he didn't check the car out at all he was too busy profiling me so he had no idea.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #380
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well we both said the is a percentage that ruin most good cops reputation because they leave a bad feeling with you, im not saying an nor is he saying all cops are bad, but there is a percentage that do make it harder on everyone, the state trooper that pulled me was one if the nicest person i met, very respectful and was just doing his job, and i respected him, actually told me how to get out of my ticket.. Heck i even shook his hand after givin me the ticket and told him hope he had a nice day.. But we are jusy saying there is those one cops that ruin the reputation and trust in the good cops
Old 05-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #381
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not singleing anyone out with this, so don't it that way, but this is a forum, arguing a point on a forum in hopes of getting someone else to switch sides and agree with you is about the dumbest idea since squeeze peanut butter.

If you are speeding, you're breaking the law.
If you're in a lane for a purpose other than the intended one, you are breaking the law.
If you are impeding other drivers, you are breaking the law.
If you are an ******* that likes to cut people off because you have a high and mighty complex, not only are you breaking the law, but you're an ******* that should have your license suspended.

Most, if not all road laws are basically common sense.
I, by no means have a spotless driving record, and all of my points are moving traffic violations. Of the times I've been pulled over, 1 I can say with all certainty I was not in the wrong, the rest fall on my shoulders and I've taken the points and paid the fines for my violations.

But, continuing to argue a point, and argue about immaturity on a forum is an excercise in futility, noone is going to sway their beliefs, and I seriously doubt that anyone that IS wrong, or in the wrong is going to suddenly agree and change their tone. All this arguing over a moot point is going to do is get this thread locked.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #382
Registered Member
Regular

Old news man. We be talkin 'bout the 5-0 now
Old 05-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #383
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Want a real fun experience? I was with my girl and went to pick my buddy and his friend up from work out of town, were headed back to town on the freeway, and I get pulled over because my plates hadn't been switched to my new car, cop pulls my girl out of the car because she doesn't carry her ID, and she's in the car with 3 tattooed guys in their 20s. Long story short, I was told to go home and park my car til I got the plates switched and got a warning. The cop thought she was a victim of human trafficking or kidnapping. She was in the passenger front seat.. I said to him if I was trafficking or carrying a hostage they'd at least be in the middle of the back or the trunk.. I don't want a hostage to have that easy access to all the things that control my vehicle.

Chock that up to another time my sarcasm got a interesting reaction.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Old news man. We be talkin 'bout the 5-0 now
I'm just saying, I've seen many a good thread shut down. But, it warms my heart as a mustang owner to see others join forces with a common goal lol
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #384
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

Want a real fun experience? I was with my girl and went to pick my buddy and his friend up from work out of town, were headed back to town on the freeway, and I get pulled over because my plates hadn't been switched to my new car, cop pulls my girl out of the car because she doesn't carry her ID, and she's in the car with 3 tattooed guys in their 20s. Long story short, I was told to go home and park my car til I got the plates switched and got a warning. The cop thought she was a victim of human trafficking or kidnapping. She was in the passenger front seat.. I said to him if I was trafficking or carrying a hostage they'd at least be in the middle of the back or the trunk.. I don't want a hostage to have that easy access to all the things that control my vehicle.

Chock that up to another time my sarcasm got a interesting reaction.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I'm just saying, I've seen many a good thread shut down. But, it warms my heart as a mustang owner to see others join forces with a common goal lol
Haha now that's a story. Sorry for the sarcasm. But yeah everyone wants to be right on the Internet and we always want to have the last word. My apologies. Now lets get back on the debate about cops and tickets?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #385
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha now that's a story. Sorry for the sarcasm. But yeah everyone wants to be right on the Internet and we always want to have the last word. My apologies. Now lets get back on the debate about cops and tickets?
No hard feelings man, I can't say I haven't been involved in internet arguements.. I try to keep my arguments to political subjects, cars.. meh lol
However, if another person asks me why I drive a grand am I may strike them. I have an sn95.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar