Warning/ticket stories - Page 13 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #421
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToHellAndBack View Post
Hey guys I have a question. If a minor gets stopped for speeding and gets a warning do the parents get notified? I just got stopped for the first time and the officer wrote me a warning and said if I get stopped again within a year I will get a ticket. I'm 16 but the car is in my dad's name for insurance reasons. Will the police notify my parents because I'm a minor?
No, a warning has no effect in your record what so ever. Youre clear. Just slooowwwww doooowwwnnnnnnn!
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #422
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ok thanks. I got clocked doing 30 in a 25 so it's not major
Old 07-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #423
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Hey guys I have a question. If a minor gets stopped for speeding and gets a warning do the parents get notified? I just got stopped for the first time and the officer wrote me a warning and said if I get stopped again within a year I will get a ticket. I'm 16 but the car is in my dad's name for insurance reasons. Will the police notify my parents because I'm a minor?
They don't have too. Nothing in law says they have to tell your parents you were stopped. With that said young sir, you should man up and tell your parents you got stopped for speeding and given a warning. Your parents may be angry for a day or two however you will gain respect from them and its a sign of maturity on your part. Trust me, Not only am I a parent of two children, I've been a police officer for almost 16 years.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote:
30 in a 25 mph zone. Good grief and they stopped you. Heck, I don't stop and ticket cars unless there doing 40 in a 25 zone. Good grief. Remind me to never visit your town. Lol. What town is that by the way. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #424
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm 20 and I got clocked at 89 on a 65. Officer said he'd give me 85 on 65 (which is what second officer clocked me at) first thing I did when I got home is told my parents. "80 on a 65" :whistles: let's be honest, if parents knew you were almost going 90 they'd flip.
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #425
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
I'm 20 and I got clocked at 89 on a 65. Officer said he'd give me 85 on 65 (which is what second officer clocked me at) first thing I did when I got home is told my parents. "80 on a 65" :whistles: let's be honest, if parents knew you were almost going 90 they'd flip.
My dad didn't overreact too much, when I told him I went 89 in a 55. He didn't like I was in his truck tho. Not like he could do anything about it, im on my own. But I'm not gonna lie those hemi's sound pretty good

30 In a 25!!!!
Did he even ask "do you know why I pulled you over" I would of flipped a brick, really 5 over. That really necessary?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

They don't have too. Nothing in law says they have to tell your parents you were stopped. With that said young sir, you should man up and tell your parents you got stopped for speeding and given a warning. Your parents may be angry for a day or two however you will gain respect from them and its a sign of maturity on your part. Trust me, Not only am I a parent of two children, I've been a police officer for almost 16 years.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

30 in a 25 mph zone. Good grief and they stopped you. Heck, I don't stop and ticket cars unless there doing 40 in a 25 zone. Good grief. Remind me to never visit your town. Lol. What town is that by the way. Lol
Amen to that! Gain lots of respect!! They'll trust in you more in long run too, because your manning up to the situation
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #426
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
The only reason I'm saying its probably somewhat major is because it sounds like it is in a residential area
Speeding tickets (at least here) are doubled in those places
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #427
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

The only reason I'm saying its probably somewhat major is because it sounds like it is in a residential area
Speeding tickets (at least here) are doubled in those places
Here is my educated guess on this and I speak from as a police officers point of view. We see a young kid in a mustang. Police need probable cause to stop a vehicle. 1 mph over posted speed limit is all the probably cause needed to stop. That officer couldn't give a rats fuzzy a$$ about you doing 30 mph in 25 zone. With that said, he wss looking to stop the young lad in the mustang and see if any criminal activity was afoot.

The cop was most likely looking to see if he smelled marijuana emanating from your car. Most drug arrests and many warrant services are from people getting stopped for dumb/minor traffic infractions.

I stop thousands of vehicles for having there registration plate light failing to emit a light from a distance of less than 50 feet or say cracked windshield. Now, I don't care a bears crap about a tag light being out or your cracked windshield. BUT I now have probable cause to stop you and get all up in your business. Im looking to see if you may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Check to see if you have any open warrants, illegal drugs in the car, driving license status to see if your valid or suspended.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #428
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Within a week I got pulled over in my Nissan and my mustang haha
Doing 77 in a 70 in my Nissan and the trooper gave me a warning a week later was in my stang and got pulled over for no seatbelt & I had pulled out in front of the cop, that was also just a warning. Luckiest I've ever gotten in my life
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #429
Registered Member
Regular

Just got my first ticket. Cop said, "Wow, i really didn't expect this stop to go this well." I was going 35 in a 30. But i know my speedo reads low. Got me 43 in a 30. I aint even mad. Guy caught me fair and square.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #430
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Here is my educated guess on this and I speak from as a police officers point of view. We see a young kid in a mustang. Police need probable cause to stop a vehicle. 1 mph over posted speed limit is all the probably cause needed to stop. That officer couldn't give a rats fuzzy a$$ about you doing 30 mph in 25 zone. With that said, he wss looking to stop the young lad in the mustang and see if any criminal activity was afoot.

The cop was most likely looking to see if he smelled marijuana emanating from your car. Most drug arrests and many warrant services are from people getting stopped for dumb/minor traffic infractions.

I stop thousands of vehicles for having there registration plate light failing to emit a light from a distance of less than 50 feet or say cracked windshield. Now, I don't care a bears crap about a tag light being out or your cracked windshield. BUT I now have probable cause to stop you and get all up in your business. Im looking to see if you may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Check to see if you have any open warrants, illegal drugs in the car, driving license status to see if your valid or suspended.
Good to know we have a police officer on the forum to give personal experience and insight
Old 07-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #431
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

Good to know we have a police officer on the forum to give personal experience and insight
Going on 16 years and counting till I hit my 25th year. Then retire from police work. Lol
Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #432
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Going on 16 years and counting till I hit my 25th year. Then retire from police work. Lol
If I remember correctly, you posted an exhaust vids
And your kids kept saying something along the lines of "we're gonna die"
Hahaha that was some funny stuff XD
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #433
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea that's plenty of experience!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #434
Registered Member
Regular

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/worst-dr...133016034.html
Old 07-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #435
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

If I remember correctly, you posted an exhaust vids
And your kids kept saying something along the lines of "we're gonna die"
Hahaha that was some funny stuff XD
Lmao. That added some flare to the video. Ba ha ha ha.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #436
Registered Member
Regular

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/most-egr...133035069.html

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar