Warning/ticket stories - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
You can record whatever you want in a public place/area. You just cant use it in court unless the other party knew about it up front. Same thing with phone calls. But when you tell them theyre being recorded, their attitude often changes. Been there, done that, dash cam FTW.
Not completely true , got into some bad stuff that i had no way out of i recorded and was able to use it in court and walk away with nothing.
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post

Being a cute chick in a hot car... You will get away with a lot more than most. Just saying.
Bahaha! As long as they are nice to me I don't mind the ticket lol haha
Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post

Not completely true , got into some bad stuff that i had no way out of i recorded and was able to use it in court and walk away with nothing.
Well you can use it if the other party doesnt object. Dunno the details of your experience.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:

Well you can use it if the other party doesnt object. Dunno the details of your experience.
I think there is a fine line as to what is advisable and what is not. They use security camera footage all the time in court. I don't know the law at all on this, but it seems to be a touchy subject sometimes.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote:

I think there is a fine line as to what is advisable and what is not. They use security camera footage all the time in court. I don't know the law at all on this, but it seems to be a touchy subject sometimes.
*admissible
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

*admissible
As I understand it, it comes down to reasonable expectation of privacy. On your own property, you have a fair amount, on someone else's property or in public, a lot less. It could be argued that a cop wouldnt reasonably be expected to be recorded during a traffic stop, though, so I try to nip all that in the bud and put it out there.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My recording was from a phone call. Didn't think it would be legal cause i didn't have any agreement from him saying i can record i just let him talk and asked local police if i was able to use it in court they responded " why wouldn't u be able to"? Sometimes the law is on your side and sometimes they catch you flying by in your stang
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Depends on the state and laws. Many states allow you to record with only one parties permission and use in court. Other states force you to tell both parties regardless of how it is used.

Hence why companies always tell you. They don't known what state you are in.

Had i recorded that I wouldn't have even gone to court right away. I would have gone and seen the sheriff and played it for him and give them a chance to do the right thing.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post

My recording was from a phone call. Didn't think it would be legal cause i didn't have any agreement from him saying i can record i just let him talk and asked local police if i was able to use it in court they responded " why wouldn't u be able to"? Sometimes the law is on your side and sometimes they catch you flying by in your stang
Lol, I guess I shouldnt assume all states have that law.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, I guess I shouldnt assume all states have that law.
I got pulled over not even speeding first week i got my car.. My dad goes 15 over in his 68 firebird the cops smiles at him
Old 03-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Got pulled over yesterday night for burning tire in front of some rice burners and took off and reached a speed of about 105 on a 45. Cop was right behind me the entire time niether my brother or i even noticed him. Here in California its a misdemeanor to burnout and plus I was going about 50 over. He said he'd let me go easier if he checked my car and didnt find any guns or weed or anything. He didn't tow my car or take me to jail for the burn out but did ticket me for going 80 on a 45 instead of 105. He said he thought it was about to become a high speed pursuit and was already going to call for backup until he turned his lights on and i started to pull over. He said he was kinda dissapointed it wasnt a pursuit. Haha Just waiting for mail to come in and see how much the fine is
BlackSmoke02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
No tickets in the mustang yet. Last ticket was about 4 years ago driving home for the summer in college. Was mobbing around a corner in my 4x4 Ranger when the officer caught me going like 25 over. Thank god he wrote me down to only 9 over. The worst part though is when I sent that ticket in they realized that I owed them like $200 bucks because when I was 18 I got a ticket and differed it and then got another ticket 3 months later but never paid the original ticket amount. I started off that summer broke lol.
brooksyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yeah I hate cops for this reason. I rarely have them bother me in any way, but the fact they speed, talk on their phones by holding them to there ear in a hands free state, no seat belts, etc. Onward it just makes me mad.

The first people to break the laws are the ones set to enforce it.

Also where I live you can record a conversation with anyone long as one party, so yourself, is aware the recording is happening. I got pulled over once and cussed out by a cop and since then I have been ready that if I ever get pulled over again I am recording the conversation and making them say there badge number out loud.

That cop that cussed me out told me I was doing 65 in a 35 that I was maybe doing 5 over in if that. He only wrote me a ticket for 5 over. Crooked.
Yea usually seems that way, they keep the law but are breaking it at the same time, there's another cop down the road where I'm hearing from my tenant that lives next to him, that he's been beating on the wife, and drinking. What can you do, it's their were word against a civilians.
I will admit there's a lot of true-blue policemen doing the right thing, easy going, pretty cool about things. Hence probably the guys that pull us over going 20+, knock on wood given us more warnings than the actual ticket amount.
Oh that drivers class program has saved me on my insurance rate. Praise the lord for that class!
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke02 View Post
Got pulled over yesterday night for burning tire in front of some rice burners and took off and reached a speed of about 105 on a 45. Cop was right behind me the entire time niether my brother or i even noticed him. Here in California its a misdemeanor to burnout and plus I was going about 50 over. He said he'd let me go easier if he checked my car and didnt find any guns or weed or anything. He didn't tow my car or take me to jail for the burn out but did ticket me for going 80 on a 45 instead of 105. He said he thought it was about to become a high speed pursuit and was already going to call for backup until he turned his lights on and i started to pull over. He said he was kinda dissapointed it wasnt a pursuit. Haha Just waiting for mail to come in and see how much the fine is
No offense but all the more reason not to go to California. Cop sounded like a ****** but burnouts are misdemeanors? My moms mini van will do a "burnout" if you stomp the gas down.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

No offense but all the more reason not to go to California. Cop sounded like a ****** but burnouts are misdemeanors? My moms mini van will do a "burnout" if you stomp the gas down.
What he did is against the law in all 50 states...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

I know what I did was wrong and inexcusable. And I do take fault for it. Im not trying to say it was right or that I deserve for it to be dropped. If anything I thank them very much for letting me off easier than what it really was. Praise the Lord for the good cops. I will say im not the only one, theres people here that'll burn for almost a blocks worth of distance. But I decided to do it at the wrong place and wrong time and I got busted.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke02

I know what I did was wrong and inexcusable. And I do take fault for it. Im not trying to say it was right or that I deserve for it to be dropped. If anything I thank them very much for letting me off easier than what it really was. Praise the Lord for the good cops. I will say im not the only one, theres people here that'll burn for almost a blocks worth of distance. But I decided to do it at the wrong place and wrong time and I got busted.
My comment was directed at the other guy. I think you realized the mistake lol.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Well some states just have more severe or harsher punishments than others. I know in Illinois if I squeal my tires or smoke em out, it's consider wreck less driving / racing.
But that's the same punishment as going 20 +mph over.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My comment was directed at the other guy. I think you realized the mistake lol.
Lol okay just making my point though
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You talking about burnouts or the speeding? And I do think the cop was wrong. Not that the guy was right either. But to want it to be a chase and about to call in more cops before turning his lights on? That isn't right. Not even a little bit. Turn your lights on and if they don't stop then act differently.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
Well some states just have more severe or harsher punishments than others. I know in Illinois if I squeal my tires or smoke em out, it's consider wreck less driving / racing.
But that's the same punishment as going 20 +mph over.
See and that is stupid because I've had tires on trucks and minivans squeal just trying to gain traction on bad roads.

Hell I squealed the heck out of the first manual car I drove! Wasn't racing just trying to learn to drive a stick shift!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You talking about burnouts or the speeding? And I do think the cop was wrong. Not that the guy was right either. But to want it to be a chase and about to call in more cops before turning his lights on? That isn't right. Not even a little bit. Turn your lights on and if they don't stop then act differently.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

See and that is stupid because I've had tires on trucks and minivans squeal just trying to gain traction on bad roads.

Hell I squealed the heck out of the first manual car I drove! Wasn't racing just trying to learn to drive a stick shift!
I hear ya on that one. But I would like to think that's where the understandable personality of a cop comes in to play.
When I was a senior in highschool, I got a seatbelt ticket in the student parking lot, because as I pulled into the lot I flipped my belt off,
He was sitting inside the parking lot waiting for people. So probably not smart thing but he had it coming, all I said was trying to earn monthly quota, he's like watch it, but yes..
Counting the number of tickets I've gotten would be 4, and about 7-8 warnings
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hear ya on that one. But I would like to think that's where the understandable personality of a cop comes in to play.
When I was a senior in highschool, I got a seatbelt ticket in the student parking lot, because as I pulled into the lot I flipped my belt off,
He was sitting inside the parking lot waiting for people. So probably not smart thing but he had it coming, all I said was trying to earn monthly quota, he's like watch it, but yes..
Counting the number of tickets I've gotten would be 4, and about 7-8 warnings
Interesting. In Ohio they cannot give you tickets for your seat belt unless they pull you over for something else. You also only have to wear it in the front seats. You can sit in the bed of trucks with no seatbelts.

I've had 2 tickets and 0 warnings. I've chosen not to mess with cops too much unless I have the dash cam on or something else to protect me.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Way too many tickets to count ugh -_-

1. Warning 115 in a 45
2. Speedcam 58 in a 45
3. Accident - car totaled (not even my fault as I was cut off but still charged)
4. Speedcam - never paid slipped by
5. Suspended plates that were not suspended Due to insurance ****ing up and lots of angry phone calls
6. Tinted lights that are 50 state legal, cop ripped off taillight cover, almost ripped his throat...
7. 110 tagged 88 in a 65 dropped to 74
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just got my license back after been suspended for a month for going 52 over
FOX21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I got stopped once for running a red light, while suspended, a block from the courthouse where I was going to deal with a driving while suspended charge, lol. :shame: Im not really sure how I made it through my twenties as stupid as I was.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
580 owed to Marion county court as well as a driving program and sus licence. Lucky number 13 with dad on the force. Many a warnings so its was overdue I guess
Cornkush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornkush View Post
580 owed to Marion county court as well as a driving program and sus licence. Lucky number 13 with dad on the force. Many a warnings so its was overdue I guess
Was it for speeding ticket?

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
Way too many tickets to count ugh -_-

1. Warning 115 in a 45
2. Speedcam 58 in a 45
3. Accident - car totaled (not even my fault as I was cut off but still charged)
4. Speedcam - never paid slipped by
5. Suspended plates that were not suspended Due to insurance ****ing up and lots of angry phone calls
6. Tinted lights that are 50 state legal, cop ripped off taillight cover, almost ripped his throat...
7. 110 tagged 88 in a 65 dropped to 74
You only got a warning for 115 in a 45!?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke02 View Post

Was it for speeding ticket?

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

You only got a warning for 115 in a 45!?
Yeah not even a month with my first mustang, black cop gorgeous blue eyes super nice, just cracked jokes made him laugh and he was fine, wish there were more cops like that
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post

Yeah not even a month with my first mustang, black cop gorgeous blue eyes super nice, just cracked jokes made him laugh and he was fine, wish there were more cops like that
That isn't right....
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
That isn't right....
you don't seem happy with anyones stories lol

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

you don't seem happy with anyones stories lol
Lol
Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Got stopped by a stop light in square of town beside my buddy in a civic si so we was revving them up and light turns green I launch off tire squealing, two black lines following me and the rubber smell, don't get more than 30 yards cop coming the other way.. The catch me and surround me with 3 cops, one comes up and ask me if I did it, I said yeah and proud of it, he left me off with a warning(:
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That isn't right....
Well, it is what it is, he had no radar and no proof of me speeding, just said it seemed like I was going fast, just said to please slow down and drive safe.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #68
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Still never even been pulled over lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post
Got stopped by a stop light in square of town beside my buddy in a civic si so we was revving them up and light turns green I launch off tire squealing, two black lines following me and the rubber smell, don't get more than 30 yards cop coming the other way.. The catch me and surround me with 3 cops, one comes up and ask me if I did it, I said yeah and proud of it, he left me off with a warning(:
They like surrounding people with 3+ cop cars,
I had one cop interrogate me, the other ones look around the car, just because I was going fast. Like a pack of wolves!

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Still never even been pulled over lol
Knock on wood
Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

They like surrounding people with 3+ cop cars,
I had one cop interrogate me, the other ones look around the car, just because I was going fast. Like a pack of wolves!

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Knock on wood
Your so right, they just surround you like there gonna all attack.. I was like calm down I was going to admit to it anyways cause it was one hell of a launch off lmao
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar