Warning/ticket stories - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post

Yeah not even a month with my first mustang, black cop gorgeous blue eyes super nice, just cracked jokes made him laugh and he was fine, wish there were more cops like that
Hey Hmiller, did you read this. Like I said Cute chick hot car.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #72
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post

Hey Hmiller, did you read this. Like I said Cute chick hot car.
Haha yes I did lol I just act all sweet and stuff say yes sir to him haha
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I got a ticket on Wednesday afternoon. So much BS. I had just left a good family friend's funeral and was driving back to work. I was going 60 in a 50 with the cruise on which I have done in that area for literally 3 years on my way to work every day and have never had a problem considering most people go 65-70 because its a huge 4 lane road along the river. It had snowed overnight but the road was literally just wet from berm to berm because it was 38 degrees at the time and half the snow had melted already that was in the grass. He came up to the window and literally asked for my license and said he was giving me a ticket for speeding in dangerous conditions. No questions about why I was speeding, why I was pulled over, anything. Since when is a wet road "dangerous conditions"? First ticket I've had in literally 5 years and the dumbest part is that I wasn't even in my Mustang, I was in my Flex.
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I got pulled over for doing 80 in a 30. He saw me coming and turned his charger sideways in both lanes so I could not pass him. He then got out and began cussing me out. I rolled down the window just half an inch. He said to roll the window all the way down. I asked why and he said so he can hear me so I replied you can obviously hear me just fine. After almost 20 minutes of him running my plates he tried to give me a speeding ticket but my detector didn't go off so I know he didn't have time to radar me. I asked for the speed and he couldn't give it to me so he wrote me a ticket for blacked out taillights instead.
JNigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNigus View Post
I got pulled over for doing 80 in a 30. He saw me coming and turned his charger sideways in both lanes so I could not pass him. He then got out and began cussing me out. I rolled down the window just half an inch. He said to roll the window all the way down. I asked why and he said so he can hear me so I replied you can obviously hear me just fine. After almost 20 minutes of him running my plates he tried to give me a speeding ticket but my detector didn't go off so I know he didn't have time to radar me. I asked for the speed and he couldn't give it to me so he wrote me a ticket for blacked out taillights instead.
Can't they just make up a number?

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

Never thought that'd be a reason to have a detector, just to make sure their telling truth, but what's stopping him from just concocting up idea or number,
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Never thought that'd be a reason to have a detector, just to make sure their telling truth, but what's stopping him from just concocting up idea or number,
Because then their breaking the law also
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I hate to see cops drive by me speeding in town and I look over and they are ****ing texting... Happens more often than you'd think...

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

They legally have to show you the speed they radared you at or you can argue they made it up and you can get out of the tickets. I've been pulled over 12 times in the past 8 months with zero tickets.
JNigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They legally have to show you the speed they radared you at or you can argue they made it up and you can get out of the tickets. I've been pulled over 12 times in the past 8 months with zero tickets.
Cops just love to pic on the cars they will never have haha
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post

+ten
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Never been pulled over in the stang but I've had 2 camaros get pulled over right beside me because they were trying to show off and I was ingnoring them! Funny story lol

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Both speeding tickets I have are in my 4 cyl gasser mazda 6. Y'all lucky people better stay out of NC, troopers will eat you alive here.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post
Both speeding tickets I have are in my 4 cyl gasser mazda 6. Y'all lucky people better stay out of NC, troopers will eat you alive here.
Dude your not kidding I'm in NC, never come near locust.. My god they give you a ticket for going 1mph over the speed limit...
Old 03-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude your not kidding I'm in NC, never come near locust.. My god they give you a ticket for going 1mph over the speed limit...
Unless I am mistaken they can't pull you over for 1 over as that is within tolerance of there gun being off from calibration. Or well if they do you can take that to court easy.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Unless I am mistaken they can't pull you over for 1 over as that is within tolerance of there gun being off from calibration. Or well if they do you can take that to court easy.
That is true, but they have the power over us and they damn sure use it to their advantage. My friend got stopped the other day about a complaint about his pontiac sunfire that was called in 3 days prior. Trooper told him to go straight home, and he was going to follow him. If he didnt he was going to take his keys. That's the bs we deal with.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote:

That is true, but they have the power over us and they damn sure use it to their advantage. My friend got stopped the other day about a complaint about his pontiac sunfire that was called in 3 days prior. Trooper told him to go straight home, and he was going to follow him. If he didnt he was going to take his keys. That's the bs we deal with.
Same trooper that gave me my last ticket literally in my driveway for 23 over
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The cops in locust had 30+ people in the court house everyday... The judge finally told the cops if they don't raise their tolerance he will find new cops..
Old 03-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #87
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Thing about Cali is that everyone speeds so they don't pull people over for speeding unless you are flying by/through traffic. Freeway is 65, but if you aren't doing 80 then your being passed (even by cops)

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Thing about Cali is that everyone speeds so they don't pull people over for speeding unless you are flying by/through traffic. Freeway is 65, but if you aren't doing 80 then your being passed (even by cops)
Lucky.. So lucky..
Old 03-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The cops in locust had 30+ people in the court house everyday... The judge finally told the cops if they don't raise their tolerance he will find new cops..
When I was in traffic court Monday, the same cop had 15 people in there. He was the only trooper! Almost all the troopers are undercover here. Only good thing about my county is sheriffs don't have radars in their cars. But they do have 2 undercover 05-10 gt's.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #90
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Lucky.. So lucky..
On my way from school every day i drive usually 10 maybe 15 over, so does everyone else. And thats not highway, i drive through a more urban/suburban area.

HID end all thread
Old 03-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

When I was in traffic court Monday, the same cop had 15 people in there. He was the only trooper! Almost all the troopers are undercover here. Only good thing about my county is sheriffs don't have radars in their cars. But they do have 2 undercover 05-10 gt's.
Where are you in nc? If you don't mind me asking

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote:
On my way from school every day i drive usually 10 maybe 15 over, so does everyone else. And thats not highway, i drive through a more urban/suburban area.
Mines so loud at low rpm ranges you can hear it on a clear day bout mile away so going fast dont help the cause lol
Old 03-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #92
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Mines so loud at low rpm ranges you can hear it on a clear day bout mile away so going fast dont help the cause lol
Straight pipes?

HID end all thread
Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm about 15 mins out of greenville. I have no cats on mine! LT headers, o/r prochamber, flowmasters! Vroom vroom! I'm thinking about a muffler delete and running side exhaust. hhmmm, decisions, decisions.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Straight pipes?
No cats or egr, straight pipes

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm about 15 mins out of greenville. I have no cats on mine! LT headers, o/r prochamber, flowmasters! Vroom vroom! I'm thinking about a muffler delete and running side exhaust. hhmmm, decisions, decisions.
Same here bro same exact exhaust set up
Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I live in Ohio and everyone does 80 on the highways regardless of posted limit.

Cops only sit out at slower times during the day. So like 2-5p.m. then leave. If you even see them then. Most the time they are only out at the end of the month. With the exception of a few small towns that on purpose have giant 4 lane roads with 25mph limits just too get tickets.

Cops in our areas have been taken too court and sued for causing accidents because they used to love to park behind things so you wouldn't see them till it was too late. Everyone hits the brakes when you see the cops even if you are not speeding. Has caused some accidents.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I live in Ohio and everyone does 80 on the highways regardless of posted limit.

Cops only sit out at slower times during the day. So like 2-5p.m. then leave. If you even see them then. Most the time they are only out at the end of the month. With the exception of a few small towns that on purpose have giant 4 lane roads with 25mph limits just too get tickets.

Cops in our areas have been taken too court and sued for causing accidents because they used to love to park behind things so you wouldn't see them till it was too late. Everyone hits the brakes when you see the cops even if you are not speeding. Has caused some accidents.
Yeah in my town they put a 4 lane road and it's 35mph all the way though.. The cops all have camaro and mustang cars.. It's so annoying compared to how sheriffs will let you got bout 5 to 10 over and the local cop won't let you go 2.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

I'm surprised I haven't had a noise complaint about my loud exhaust.

My mom got pulled over for dropping an m&m. She tried to catch it then swerved, cop gave her a ticket for running a stop sign. She sent the fine to the address on the back. She got pulled a couple months later and handcuffed for driving with suspended license. Morale of the story, don't send your fine to the address on the back of the citation, it's not for that purpose lol

We only have 2 part time town cops lol
Old 03-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm surprised I haven't had a noise complaint about my loud exhaust.

My mom got pulled over for dropping an m&m. She tried to catch it then swerved, cop gave her a ticket for running a stop sign. She sent the fine to the address on the back. She got pulled a couple months later and handcuffed for driving with suspended license. Morale of the story, don't send your fine to the address on the back of the citation, it's not for that purpose lol
Yeahh my exhuast is so loud, I'm surprised I haven't got a noise complaint or a ticket either, but how are you gonna hate on american muscle(; haha
Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeahh my exhuast is so loud, I'm surprised I haven't got a noise complaint or a ticket either, but how are you gonna hate on american muscle(; haha
That's what I'm saying haha! Then again, I'm trying to go louder
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's what I'm saying haha! Then again, I'm trying to go louder
We're in the country that's out obligation haha
Old 03-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We're in the country that's out obligation haha
I could always say I use it to warn the deer. Haha, then again with as many trucks with straight pipes around here, I should be ok. That would make for a stupid ticket though
Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #102
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz

I could always say I use it to warn the deer. Haha, then again with as many trucks with straight pipes around here, I should be ok. That would make for a stupid ticket though
It actually works though. I used to drive the same rural highway every weekend. (10pm to 2am). Never saw a single deer when i took the cobra, always came across several in the middle of the road in the stock work truck
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I have one Another has a '12 Z06, and my best friend has a H/C '01 Z28.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
you need to learn how to drive

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009 View Post

I have one Another has a '12 Z06, and my best friend has a H/C '01 Z28.
Shush haha, maybe y'all respect us with cars cause y'all have some too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar