Warning/ticket stories - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
So I have a question! Who pays for the police gasoline?
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #142
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
So I have a question! Who pays for the police gasoline?
Probably the city, which means our tax dollars... Which in tern means that we are paying for cops to give us tickets.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Probably the city, which means our tax dollars... Which in tern means that we are paying for cops to give us tickets.
Okay this what gets me a bit ticked! When I see troopers or any kind of policemen sitting in a fast food place/truck stop/ or personal residence leaving the car running for that hour break.

Tonight I saw 4 cars all running for an hour while they socialize in subway tonight. I see this all the time around here

I know they wouldn't do that on their personal vehicle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Okay this what gets me a bit ticked! When I see troopers or any kind of policemen sitting in a fast food place/truck stop/ or personal residence leaving the car running for that hour break.

Tonight I saw 4 cars all running for an hour while they socialize in subway tonight. I see this all the time around here

I know they wouldn't do that on their personal vehicle
Hey they don't pay for the gas what do they care? Personally it is a terrible system as there really is not any recourse or dealing the Law to the Law as the Law is protected from the Law.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

I think it would be a common sense kind of thing.

I understand "why should they care" but still thats where common sense should kick in and tell you, "hey gonna be awhile, better turn off car not to waste tax payers money"

Anyone feel same way seeing this?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
I'm sure they have good reason for leaving them run. It's obviously part of procedure. Every cop in the nation leaves their car running. There are a couple of guys on here who are cops. Wonder if they will chime in.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post
I'm sure they have good reason for leaving them run. It's obviously part of procedure. Every cop in the nation leaves their car running. There are a couple of guys on here who are cops. Wonder if they will chime in.
Yea I agree with you there, if it's part of procedure or logical reason then i understand. but "not wanting to get into a cold car" isn't one of them..haha
Yes if they'd like to chime in, I'm all for that.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I'm not a police officer but I was told they keep there cars running so if they get a call they don't come out and there car won't start.
13Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Grabber View Post
I'm not a police officer but I was told they keep there cars running so if they get a call they don't come out and there car won't start.
That's a good reason for it
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Red white and blue we all know as the color of freedom. Then why do we see them when we get pulled over ?
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post
Red white and blue we all know as the color of freedom. Then why do we see them when we get pulled over ?
+1
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #152
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post
They represent freedom until they are flashing behind us lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

They represent freedom until they are flashing behind us lol
Tax dollars working at it's finest.haha
Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

I got two tickets in my life and I've been driving since I was 17 lol. One was going 41 on a 25 and then I got into a fender bender and got a ticket for careless driving -______- only cause it was my fault. I went to court and paid off the ticket and points but it was a hefty fine Got the speeding ticket at a HS. I was just cruising a long didn't notice how fast I was going and I see a cop right, I was a good two miles a head of him. He speeds up puts his lights on blows a red light to catch me. I was nervous AF cause it was the first time I ever got pulled over. Of course the cop seeing me as a kid didn't let slide. He gave me a ticket which that ticket came to a 4 point ticket. Went to court for it and got dropped to a 31 on a 25 which now dropped the point to a 2 point ticket. All this was before I had my mustang.
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post
I got two tickets in my life and I've been driving since I was 17 lol. One was going 41 on a 25 and then I got into a fender bender and got a ticket for careless driving -______- only cause it was my fault. I went to court and paid off the ticket and points but it was a hefty fine Got the speeding ticket at a HS. I was just cruising a long didn't notice how fast I was going and I see a cop right, I was a good two miles a head of him. He speeds up puts his lights on blows a red light to catch me. I was nervous AF cause it was the first time I ever got pulled over. Of course the cop seeing me as a kid didn't let slide. He gave me a ticket which that ticket came to a 4 point ticket. Went to court for it and got dropped to a 31 on a 25 which now dropped the point to a 2 point ticket. All this was before I had my mustang.
When I was 17 my first time being pulled over, two cops were there, one cop was respectful, the other one wanted to press full charges,
I only got a warning,
He gave me excuse for being young and the experience was good enough punishment.
He cited me for 4 potential tickets, speeding, evading, wreck less and pass curfew. So he says..
I got too lucky, I'm surprised he gave you a ticket
Old 03-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I got a good one. When I had my own place i had this girl staying with me. Well 2 days after her being there, this white truck shows up parked beside a field down the road. That night, I saw it riding through my trailer park. Next day, this truck follows me all the way to work, turns out to be this girls ex. Well same stuff for the next couple of weeks, called the cops. Every time we did he would disappear for a few hours. Looked like someone was giving him a heads up. One night, I got off at 9. Not even home 30mins and he rides by. This girl isn't even at my house anymore (gave her the boot over this bs). Called my roomate and told him to meet up at the house. We hop in his jeep, and drive to the end of my road where a travel store is and he is sitting there. We pull in behind him and he just takes off. Figured why not, make him piss his pants. We followed him for a ways down the back roads, an inline 6 cherokee was keeping up with his v8 chevy. After a while, right when we were about to turn around, I spot these headlights. Not just any headlights, but crown vic headlights with a bull guard. "Aaaaaah hell" he pulls to the side of the road and whips his car around behind us and cuts the lights on. We pull over and he walks up and says "I stopped you for speeding, can I see your license please, and your license too" referring to me. Right off the bat, I knew it was bogus, our sheriff's don't have speed radars. My friend didn't have his license on him, so he handed his registration to him. This cop, was shaking so badly, his maglite beam was all over the paper. I busted out laughing, completely. He walks back to his car, I asked my friend if there was anything illegal in his jeep "naw, just cleaned her out today" good thing cause they searched us haha! 9 knives and a baseball bat. They let us free, we're driving home. We literally pass this guy directly in front of my house. We turn around and he just takes off. Didnt bother to chase him again. Next night, he tries this all over again, and I just didn't pay it any mind. Yes, he's driving in front of me, but I'm heading to town to meet my friend. Sister was with me this time. I pull into a food lion and wait for my friend and this city pd pulls up behind me and walks over to me and says "weren't you just stopped for stalking last night?" Me being clueless, just said I was stopped for speeding. But I wasn't driving. So how did you know the vehicle I was in was pulled last night? Told me, the other guy was pulled over and being talked too down the road. My friend came from that direction and drove right passed him. No cop behind him or anything. Cop just told me to leave it be and not to worry about it. How am I not supposed to worry about a guy literally sitting outside of my house watching me?

Morale of the story, if a girl has ex drama. Leave her alone haha! I had rumors coming back to me saying I was selling cocaine out of my house and the ATF were going to raid me. Now every cop in beaufort county knows what my mazda looks like, and it shows! Haha!

Yes, I may have took a few things to the extreme, but once someone sits outside of your house all hours of the day and night, watching you, it gets old. Doesn't help that the local cops wouldn't do anything about the situation.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

If I had a guy doing that too me I'd chase him down too! That stuff is stupid. Then again, I am also the person to walk out in my yard with my gun and act like I am cleaning it while staring their way. Haha.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Holy tits 1shot ain't nobody worth that!

I would've pranked the **** out of him lol
Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
Holy tits 1shot ain't nobody worth that!

I would've pranked the **** out of him lol
Its an experience! You ought to of saw the cops eyes once he pulled out the first bowie knife haha! Laugh about it to this day
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Went to get my Windows tinted on a Saturday and the guy said he only have legal and 5% if he was doing it that day, so i said go with 5 cause my other tint was peeling and looked bad, so it took 3 hours to do because it was so bad off, got done looked great...pulled out pulled a U turn at the stoplight right next to the shop, rode literally a half mile to the next stop light and as i was slowing down a cop was pulling me over,
said i had "Limo Tint" 50$ fine 240$ court.
Cop was a dbag. Tint job turned to about $400 real quick lol

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

ADS meter read 6.4% haha!
CAMARO_KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post

Its an experience! You ought to of saw the cops eyes once he pulled out the first bowie knife haha! Laugh about it to this day
Great story man! Be funny to see cop pulling out all those knives..
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO_KILLA View Post
Went to get my Windows tinted on a Saturday and the guy said he only have legal and 5% if he was doing it that day, so i said go with 5 cause my other tint was peeling and looked bad, so it took 3 hours to do because it was so bad off, got done looked great...pulled out pulled a U turn at the stoplight right next to the shop, rode literally a half mile to the next stop light and as i was slowing down a cop was pulling me over,
said i had "Limo Tint" 50$ fine 240$ court.
Cop was a dbag. Tint job turned to about $400 real quick lol

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

ADS meter read 6.4% haha!
Makes you wonder if they just sit outside the tint shop on purpose just to nab people getting "illegal" tints.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Makes you wonder if they just sit outside the tint shop on purpose just to nab people getting "illegal" tints.
I wouldn't be surprised, I see them sitting behind walls or covered areas just waiting to get the unexpected driver.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

right? i was wondering v the same thing...now i can rol my windows down an it dont look so dark, but im sure yall know you got to give it a few days to settle in before you can roll your window down. if my boy wasnt the one who owns the shop i would have ben suspicious of them working with the police. But knock on wood thats the only ticket i have had on my stang since July when i bought it
CAMARO_KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

First time ever getting a actual ticket in the mustang!!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00
My first ticket was in my grandfather's 1954 buick century custom. Racing a camaro lol shhh dont tell him. Try to get out of by saying im late for my own wedding.after saying i wasnt even in dress clothes.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Well i ran out of luck and got my first ticket.. Just was a beautiful day and wasnt paying any attention and did 70 in a 55 is what the state trooper said.. But he was nice and has it when i go to court itll be dropped and ill just to pay 220$.. Atleast it wont affect my insurance or anything
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post
Well i ran out of luck and got my first ticket.. Just was a beautiful day and wasnt paying any attention and did 70 in a 55 is what the state trooper said.. But he was nice and has it when i go to court itll be dropped and ill just to pay 220$.. Atleast it wont affect my insurance or anything
I'm curious, my ticket doesn't require court appearance. Just pay the fine and I'm done,
But it doesn't give me the option for supervision.
Does that mean insurance co. will find out or affect my rate?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm curious, my ticket doesn't require court appearance. Just pay the fine and I'm done,
But it doesn't give me the option for supervision.
Does that mean insurance co. will find out or affect my rate?
Maybe diff state laws? I just know he said that he put that i was nice, compliant and cooperated and basically told me then when i go up there just say improper equip. And itll dismiss the ticket and my insurance wont find out and ill just have to pay the fine/court cost

What was your ticket?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Maybe diff state laws? I just know he said that he put that i was nice, compliant and cooperated and basically told me then when i go up there just say improper equip. And itll dismiss the ticket and my insurance wont find out and ill just have to pay the fine/court cost

What was your ticket?
Mine was 70/55 he knocked it down from 80, and since I had my mustang in storage the winter time I only had my truck insurance, told him my card is coming in this week, so he dismissed that ticket also.
I just have to pay $120 fine cost, no court appearance,
Usually they give an option to take the class,

He was a understanding county sheriff.
I was just driving home after a few hour trip, long day, tired from full day of golf, and he recognized that. He Didn't assume I was just burning rubber.

But Kinda hard not to go 80, car likes that speed..lol
Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mine was 70/55 he knocked it down from 80, and since I had my mustang in storage the winter time I only had my truck insurance, told him my card is coming in this week, so he dismissed that ticket also.
I just have to pay $120 fine cost, no court appearance,
Usually they give an option to take the class,

He was a understanding county sheriff.
I was just driving home after a few hour trip, long day, tired from full day of golf, and he recognized that. He Didn't assume I was just burning rubber.

But Kinda hard not to go 80, car likes that speed..lol
I was coming from clinicals and same for me having to wait on tag but i dont have a spare car and i was going wednesday when i got cash to pick up the tag and was just not paying attention and guess i just pressed on the pedal harder and so i have to take my registration card and get the speed ticket dismissed and pay court cost.. Ohh and mine was a state trooper but he was nicer than any other cop i ever had, heck he even told me how to get everything dropped lol
Old 04-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow...lol. In my tundra a few years ago I was doing 20 over and crossed a 4 lane highway completely in one swerve and a cop grabbed me and the ticket for both was like 170...

Reckless driving and 20 over.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow...lol. In my tundra a few years ago I was doing 20 over and crossed a 4 lane highway completely in one swerve and a cop grabbed me and the ticket for both was like 170...

Reckless driving and 20 over.
The cost isnt the biggest deal to me i was more worried about the insurance
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99

The cost isnt the biggest deal to me i was more worried about the insurance
Do you not consider the cost of insurance in with it?

A friend I drive with is strapped for cash, and I remind them - I am not getting them out of it, and if they have enough for a ticket and higher rates for five years.

Like a DUI. A ticket alone osn't the worry...killing someone, insurance, and further issues. Not worth it. Five years of taxis will be cheaper than one DUI.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Do you not consider the cost of insurance in with it?

A friend I drive with is strapped for cash, and I remind them - I am not getting them out of it, and if they have enough for a ticket and higher rates for five years.

Like a DUI. A ticket alone osn't the worry...killing someone, insurance, and further issues. Not worth it. Five years of taxis will be cheaper than one DUI.
It wont touch my insurance cost at all? ( this was stated by the trooper himself ) They wont find out, i just have to pay court cost on the 2nd.. So just like 190$

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
deleted
Lucky..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar