Warning/ticket stories - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99

It wont touch my insurance cost at all? They wont find out, i just have to pay court cost on the 2nd.. So just like 190$
Sorry, I was generalizing with speeding in general- the insurance is way more than just a ticket.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Lol yep and guess what someone called me today and said he was selling his 70' mach 1 mustang project, but get this the radiator reads 351w but the windshield vin reads boss 302! I can get it for $1000. )))))))))))))))))))
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Sorry, I was generalizing with speeding in general- the insurance is way more than just a ticket.
Yeah ik i didnt want my insurance to sky rocket and he knew that too so he told me everything i need to do so i wouldnt affect it

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Lol yep and guess what someone called me today and said he was selling his 70' mach 1 mustang project, but get this the radiator reads 351w but the windshield vin reads boss 302! I can get it for $1000. )))))))))))))))))))
Black jade?? Or clone
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post
Yeah ik i didnt want my insurance to sky rocket and he knew that too so he told me everything i need to do so i wouldnt affect it

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Black jade?? Or clone
Nah I have a 69 mach 1 black jade but this guy has a orange 70 withthe dash vin reading a g for b2. Ill look at it tommorow and if its a TRUE boss imma go take a loan out lol. Heck even if its pretty rusted someone would pay more than 1k for it on ebay
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

Nah I have a 69 mach 1 black jade but this guy has a orange 70 withthe dash vin reading a g for b2. Ill look at it tommorow and if its a TRUE boss imma go take a loan out lol. Heck even if its pretty rusted someone would pay more than 1k for it on ebay
Id keep it and fix it, i love 69-70 mustangs let alone a boss 302
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #181
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Id keep it and fix it, i love 69-70 mustangs let alone a boss 302
Yeah he said it has a lot of rust and has been sitting for a long time since he bought it in the 80s when he turned 18 for a project. He said it needs complete redoing but if it has enough pieces and authentitates as a real boss I'm going to grab it!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:

The cost isnt the biggest deal to me i was more worried about the insurance
Yep me too, hence reason why I think that class is worth the money, so the insurance co. doesn't find out
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Grabber View Post
I'm not a police officer but I was told they keep there cars running so if they get a call they don't come out and there car won't start.
Yea, that's why we do it at my dept. anyway. A prime example...Saturday the day-shift officer turned his off after coming back to the office. Went to start it up and the battery was dead, so he had to grab another car. It had been getting where it was slow to turn over at the start of the shift after sitting all night, we think there's a problem with the camera system turning on/off by itself along with the radios...stupid wiring gremlins. Anyway..that's why a lot of dept's do it. A little more gas consumption vs. being able to get to someone that needs help is a no brainer IMO.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #184
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon
Was driving my cobra down the highway today( no insurance whatsoever) doing 80 in a 60 and boom a trooper was sitting right there pointing at me. I instantly slowed down and he just flashed his lights once if caught I would've had a huge ticket for possible reckless driving and no insurance :0
So you're the reason we pay out the *** for insurance. Thanks.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #185
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009 View Post

Yea, that's why we do it at my dept. anyway. A prime example...Saturday the day-shift officer turned his off after coming back to the office. Went to start it up and the battery was dead, so he had to grab another car. It had been getting where it was slow to turn over at the start of the shift after sitting all night, we think there's a problem with the camera system turning on/off by itself along with the radios...stupid wiring gremlins. Anyway..that's why a lot of dept's do it. A little more gas consumption vs. being able to get to someone that needs help is a no brainer IMO.
That makes sense.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorDog009

+1

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
116 in a 65 yesterday. No $ amount on the ticket is good thing, right? Right???
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
That should be a license suspension? If i not correct for that amount of speed in that zone
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #189
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Lucky he didn't haul your *** off to jail.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Lucky he didn't haul your *** off to jail.
Yeah it shouldve been automatic revoke license, impound car, and jail
Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

That's optional here. I just showed him some leg.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #192
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's optional here. I just showed him some leg.
what state are you in?? cuz i need to live there!!
CAMARO_KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I got my Mustang impounded for 7 days for exessive speeding , exessive speeding means 60km over the limit they don't revoke your license her in British Columbia Canada where I live thank GOD for that , they do however give you a fine of 480$ , plus tow bill and storage fee for seven days $350, on top of that 300$ once per year for three years , so total cost is $1730 I am however going court to dispute this , as I was speeding but not exessive speeding , usually the cop doesn't show up in court and it get's thrown out , something a lot of people don't know.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornkush View Post
580 owed to Marion county court as well as a driving program and sus licence. Lucky number 13 with dad on the force. Many a warnings so its was overdue I guess
You in marion ohio?
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

I got pulled over in my girls 99 grand am coming off an overpass, there was a brand new 2012 camaro ss in front of me going at least 80.. I was going 42 in a 40, cop pulled me over and said he was driving in the opposite direction and caught me on mobile radar going 65... I demanded to see the radar gun and footage and asked him why he wasn't tailing the camaro going 80 right in front of me.. his excuse was that the footage hadn't recorded and he didn't see the camaro (yet he was coming in the opposite lane and saw me?)

Yet another $180 fine to add to the list..

I got a warning for my 93 jeep grand cherokee, it was all jacked up and had straight side pipes straight off the headers out behind the front wheels, drove past a sheriff on foot going into a local fair and the cop very calmly flagged me to stop, walked up to my car and said that he couldn't hear himself think and if he gets reports of the dead walking later than night he was blaming me because my exhaust could wake the dead. Lol
Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
I got pulled over in my girls 99 grand am coming off an overpass, there was a brand new 2012 camaro ss in front of me going at least 80.. I was going 42 in a 40, cop pulled me over and said he was driving in the opposite direction and caught me on mobile radar going 65... I demanded to see the radar gun and footage and asked him why he wasn't tailing the camaro going 80 right in front of me.. his excuse was that the footage hadn't recorded and he didn't see the camaro (yet he was coming in the opposite lane and saw me?)

Yet another $180 fine to add to the list..

I got a warning for my 93 jeep grand cherokee, it was all jacked up and had straight side pipes straight off the headers out behind the front wheels, drove past a sheriff on foot going into a local fair and the cop very calmly flagged me to stop, walked up to my car and said that he couldn't hear himself think and if he gets reports of the dead walking later than night he was blaming me because my exhaust could wake the dead. Lol
LOL at the second part. I bet that was LOUD.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

LOL at the second part. I bet that was LOUD.
it was hard to keep a straight face when he said that lol

And it was.. my girl used to live about half mile down the road, and when I was working 1st and she was still in highschool, we'd both be leaving around the same time, she could hear my truck fire up from her house and hear me take off lol
Old 04-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #198
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post

it was hard to keep a straight face when he said that lol

And it was.. my girl used to live about half mile down the road, and when I was working 1st and she was still in highschool, we'd both be leaving around the same time, she could hear my truck fire up from her house and hear me take off lol
Yeah I can believe it. You can hear my car accelerating a few miles away. Starting up tho not a chance even a half mile away.

Straight pipes are an amazing thing!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I can believe it. You can hear my car accelerating a few miles away. Starting up tho not a chance even a half mile away.

Straight pipes are an amazing thing!
Indeed lol
Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I've had the worst luck with cops in my stang. The first one was my fault I admit. I went snow drifting and the people in the parking lot across the street called the cops... Got a warning for that and the cop told me it was time to grow up. Second time, I was on a 3 lane highway and there was an old lady in the left lane and 18 wheeler in middle. So I signaled and moved to the far right lane and then signaled again until I was in the left lane. Then waited in traffic and eventually a cop got through the traffic and claimed I was driving wreck less. I asked why I couldn't utilize all 3 lanes and he changed topics and said I was speeding....in stand still traffic..... Wrote me a $110 for wreck less driving. Later that day got a parking ticket for parking in the wrong direction in Philly. 10 other people on my street were parked the same way and were within 40 ft from me. None of them got tickets
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #201
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks dood. I don't see the problem with snow drifting in an empty parking lot. Worst you are gonna do is damage your own car.

Also the switching lanes thing. I found out the hard way too that switching all three lanes to quickly is reckless driving when I was driving my tundra everyday. I don't get how because what if you need over your supposed to switch a lane and sit for a little bit then switch again?

I did it on a completely open road in broad daylight with no one around but apparently the cop on the side of the road I didn't see. He had that look on his face of "I am teaching this punk a lesson!" All because I switched 3 lanes in one fluid motion and didn't stop and wait and then switch again.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That sucks dood. I don't see the problem with snow drifting in an empty parking lot. Worst you are gonna do is damage your own car.

Also the switching lanes thing. I found out the hard way too that switching all three lanes to quickly is reckless driving when I was driving my tundra everyday. I don't get how because what if you need over your supposed to switch a lane and sit for a little bit then switch again?

I did it on a completely open road in broad daylight with no one around but apparently the cop on the side of the road I didn't see. He had that look on his face of "I am teaching this punk a lesson!" All because I switched 3 lanes in one fluid motion and didn't stop and wait and then switch again.
They're bad on that here.. the residents have learned to take a left into the middle of 3 lanes and then signal for the far right lane..they don't seem to mind that
Old 04-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea really!! That's the best place to learn how your car is gonna react in the snow, better to learn there then in traffic.
And the perk is to have fun/adrenaline rush too.

That's the dumbest warning.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #204
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123

Yea really!! That's the best place to learn how your car is gonna react in the snow, better to learn there then in traffic.
And the perk is to have fun/adrenaline rush too.

That's the dumbest warning.
...I'd think he would be happy with a warning, instead of trespassing or wreck less op.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

...I'd think he would be happy with a warning, instead of trespassing or wreck less op.
Agreed.

Thought I agree with best place to learn, they are private so if people want to be ******s they will be.

Like I said if I see someone doing it in a completely empty parking lot, who cares. If they are doing it with cars around, time to call the cops because there is bound to be damaged cars.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
So I was coming home from work today, stopped at a traffic light. I noticed a cop was trying to come into my lane behind me. So he does. Once I chose over a major road he throw up his red and blue lights. I got pulled over for expired registration. The cop was a nice fellow and told me to just renew it tomorrow and you'll be fine! No ticket and was the first time I got pulled over in my stang. And he also complimented on my car
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Oh and on top of the snow drifting and lane switching I forgot to include the time I came to a stop sign, which I normally roll, noticed a cop coming in the cross road so I came to a complete stop behind the line and let the person across the way go before me, then proceeded through the intersection. Got pulled over and he said. Any reason why you blew through that intersection like a maniac..... I said I'm sorry but I did not go through that stop sign. He said he had video evidence and I said could you please check it again because I am certain I did not go through. He came back and said. You're right, you came to a complete stop but this is a warning to drive safe....my lane switch cop brought this warning up to me...fml
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post
I've had the worst luck with cops in my stang. The first one was my fault I admit. I went snow drifting and the people in the parking lot across the street called the cops... Got a warning for that and the cop told me it was time to grow up. Second time, I was on a 3 lane highway and there was an old lady in the left lane and 18 wheeler in middle. So I signaled and moved to the far right lane and then signaled again until I was in the left lane. Then waited in traffic and eventually a cop got through the traffic and claimed I was driving wreck less. I asked why I couldn't utilize all 3 lanes and he changed topics and said I was speeding....in stand still traffic..... Wrote me a $110 for wreck less driving. Later that day got a parking ticket for parking in the wrong direction in Philly. 10 other people on my street were parked the same way and were within 40 ft from me. None of them got tickets
You got a bad cop , it happens unfortunately.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #209
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Agreed.

Thought I agree with best place to learn, they are private so if people want to be ******s they will be.

Like I said if I see someone doing it in a completely empty parking lot, who cares. If they are doing it with cars around, time to call the cops because there is bound to be damaged cars.
Yea agreed, if you go do it just anywhere, probably asking for it. Common sense is a must, and in today's society it's definitely lacking that
Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #210
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

Yea agreed, if you go do it just anywhere, probably asking for it. Common sense is a must, and in today's society it's definitely lacking that
There's a huge open parking lot on the north end of town, before the surface got all tore up from neglect and plow trucks, that's where everybody would go to have fun in the snow, also where a lot of people around got their first taste of drifting. But anyways, the owners of that place didn't mind, in fact the one guy would cheer people on if he was at the building, cops would drive by giving thumbs up.. it was cool man

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar