Warning/ticket stories - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Need more people and places like that, it keeps us out of trouble cause we have somewhere to go to do that stuff, sounds really fun btw
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post
Need more people and places like that, it keeps us out of trouble cause we have somewhere to go to do that stuff, sounds really fun btw
I couldn't agree more. It was awesome, that's where I learned to drive lol
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

I learned how to drive on ice in a empty frozen over school parking lot, had a little fun first of course but you learn alot and keep everyone out of harm except for yourself but thats the decision you make and id make the same one again.. But i think there should be more smaller road tracks for younger adult/teens and also amateur drag strips, cause usually the kids and teens that owns cars like mustangs are more out to stay away from trouble if they have a place to go and do it in a safe environment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I learned how to drive on ice in a empty frozen over school parking lot, had a little fun first of course but you learn alot and keep everyone out of harm except for yourself but thats the decision you make and id make the same one again.. But i think there should be more smaller road tracks for younger adult/teens and also amateur drag strips, cause usually the kids and teens that owns cars like mustangs are more out to stay away from trouble if they have a place to go and do it in a safe environment
Yeah, I think everyone should have to drive through all road conditions before getting a license.

There's a drag strip about 20 minutes from me that does amateur drag every Friday evening, and pro, modified, and street unlimited is on saturdays.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

We have rockingham and the 4wide zmax dragways but idk if zmax does a amateur night
Old 04-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #216
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We have rockingham and the 4wide zmax dragways but idk if zmax does a amateur night
The one by me isn't owned by a big company I don't think, its marion county international speedway
Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

Yea agreed, if you go do it just anywhere, probably asking for it. Common sense is a must, and in today's society it's definitely lacking that
So you're saying I don't have common sense cause I went to an abandoned parking lot to slide around a little bit? Okay dude
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

I see nothing wrong with having fun in an abandoned parking lot. I personally would of told the officer I was practicing my defensive driving. Wish I had a place big enough to try that.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post
I see nothing wrong with having fun in an abandoned parking lot. I personally would of told the officer I was practicing my defensive driving. Wish I had a place big enough to try that.
By law if it is abandoned but technically owned by someone if it isn't the group calling in and reporting you and it isn't the state owning the property I don't believe they can do anything too you. Well at least I know Ohio is that way.

The owner has to report you or say you were tress passing. If not then how does the cop know YOU don't own the parking lot. Which if he did try to ticket you gives you the ability to sue the hell out of them
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #220
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

By law if it is abandoned but technically owned by someone if it isn't the group calling in and reporting you and it isn't the state owning the property I don't believe they can do anything too you. Well at least I know Ohio is that way.

The owner has to report you or say you were tress passing. If not then how does the cop know YOU don't own the parking lot. Which if he did try to ticket you gives you the ability to sue the hell out of them
Yea cops have no jurisdiction on private property, which is why stop signs in parking lots are pretty much "suggestions", cops can't do anything.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Yea cops have no jurisdiction on private property, which is why stop signs in parking lots are pretty much "suggestions", cops can't do anything.
How does that work? Just try going to wallmart parking lot and do a burnout or a hard launch. They will write you a ticket faster than you can hit the brakes.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #222
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post

How does that work? Just try going to wallmart parking lot and do a burnout or a hard launch. They will write you a ticket faster than you can hit the brakes.
It depends on your state and if they allow cops to cite on private property. Technically if they don't have jurisdiction they will still find some way to cite you. You will have to challenge the ticket saying that you were on private property.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Even though a Wal mart parking lot is considered private property the police can and do enforce traffic code on said such type parking lots. A Wal Mart parking lot is used and open to the general public which is completely different than Uncle Bob's three acre's of land.

The key to that is open to the general public for everyday use. If the answer is yes then police can issue citations for burning tires on the parking lot.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

So that means they can issue tickets for doing doughnuts and driving in the snow in the same parking lot no matter How empty it is.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

And I would be careful about fighting the ticket with the whole private property thing. You might get hit with the ticket AND trespassing...

Old 04-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So that means they can issue tickets for doing doughnuts and driving in the snow in the same parking lot no matter How empty it is.
Yes. Law enforcement can . Not saying they would but yes legally the police could. There is no stipulation in the law that speaks of time of day , how much traffic or weather conditions. Doing donuts in a empty high school parking lot 3 a.m. with 7 inches snow is the same as doing donuts 3a.m. on empty state highway with 7 inches of snow from a citation legal standpoint.

Now with that being said , my fellow brother in blue would be a real tool bag officer to write a ticket for donuts on empty school parking lot with snow on ground.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Yes. Law enforcement can . Not saying they would but yes legally the police could. There is no stipulation in the law that speaks of time of day , how much traffic or weather conditions. Doing donuts in a empty high school parking lot 3 a.m. with 7 inches snow is the same as doing donuts 3a.m. on empty state highway with 7 inches of snow from a citation legal standpoint.

Now with that being said , my fellow brother in blue would be a real tool bag officer to write a ticket for donuts on empty school parking lot with snow on ground.
That's what I thought. My dad would always take us out to learn how to drive in the snow in empty lots. We never got in-trouble. But I always figured it was Technically illegal on some level

Old 04-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #227
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's what I thought. My dad would always take us out to learn how to drive in the snow in empty lots. We never got in-trouble. But I always figured it was Technically illegal on some level
Practice driving with dad is super good on parking lots.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #228
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post

So you're saying I don't have common sense cause I went to an abandoned parking lot to slide around a little bit? Okay dude
No I'm not saying you, never directed to you, just saying there are idiots out there that do stupid things, and don't think about it.
I would have gone to a abandon lot too,
I was the one person agreeing with you saying its ridiculous that you got reported, because that's where I learned to control a car in snow or rain, I went to parking lots. But there are tons people out there that don't think and in today's society, I'm not lying or I'm not wrong in saying younger generations are lacking some common sense. Not saying you
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well in a school parking lot if it is a city school it will be as the cop has jurisdiction there. Technically they can't do anything to you on a private school parking lot unless they have a call from the school saying they are too stop you. If you take it too court it will fall through as they didn't have permission to do so ahead of time and you cannot then be prosecuted for that after they already wrongfully ticketed you.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well in a school parking lot if it is a city school it will be as the cop has jurisdiction there. Technically they can't do anything to you on a private school parking lot unless they have a call from the school saying they are too stop you. If you take it too court it will fall through as they didn't have permission to do so ahead of time and you cannot then be prosecuted for that after they already wrongfully ticketed you.
But can't you be ticked for trespassing then??

Old 04-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But can't you be ticked for trespassing then??
Only if the owner says you are...plus I don't think so if you go to court for a ticket for doing something on private property and it gets dismissed they can't just turn around and find something else to peg you with.

Same things with criminals. If the "evidence" gets thrown out once it cannot be resubmitted for the same crime.

I dunno it is a goofy mess. They really would have to track down the owner and have them prosecute but the owner won't have proof you were there so I don't believe they can since the ticket would be thrown out and can't be used against you for them calling you tress passing.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #232
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Only if the owner says you are...plus I don't think so if you go to court for a ticket for doing something on private property and it gets dismissed they can't just turn around and find something else to peg you with.

Same things with criminals. If the "evidence" gets thrown out once it cannot be resubmitted for the same crime.

I dunno it is a goofy mess. They really would have to track down the owner and have them prosecute but the owner won't have proof you were there so I don't believe they can since the ticket would be thrown out and can't be used against you for them calling you tress passing.
Yea too much work for a simple ticket unless the cop really hated you lol

Old 04-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #233
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea too much work for a simple ticket unless the cop really hated you lol
End of the month quota,

When I was in high school I was running late, I was in hurry and flipped off the seat belt coming into parking lot, and state trooper was sitting right at the entrance of the lot, he wrote me up right there. Talk about needing a ticket right away, just sit in the parking lot where newer drivers are, he'd get em all day long
Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Law enforcement, with jurisdiction, can (in most states, like Ohio) press charges without needing someone. To make an easy example, dv. If the victim does not want to press charges, le can. If there is a call, and any signs, someone is getting charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123

End of the month quota,

When I was in high school I was running late, I was in hurry and flipped off the seat belt coming into parking lot, and state trooper was sitting right at the entrance of the lot, he wrote me up right there. Talk about needing a ticket right away, just sit in the parking lot where newer drivers are, he'd get em all day long
95% of places do not have quotas. OSP does not. There are average productivity levels, but heres the thing- 5 tickets in a shift is a joke. And most places do not care about tickets, they want interaction. If an officer NEVER gave a ticket, it could be reasonable- as long as there is public interaction.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #235
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Law enforcement, with jurisdiction, can (in most states, like Ohio) press charges without needing someone. To make an easy example, dv. If the victim does not want to press charges, le can. If there is a call, and any signs, someone is getting charges.

95% of places do not have quotas. OSP does not. There are average productivity levels, but heres the thing- 5 tickets in a shift is a joke. And most places do not care about tickets, they want interaction. If an officer NEVER gave a ticket, it could be reasonable- as long as there is public interaction.
There is those police stations that have to be " the best " so the have to meet a certain quota se by the captain to keep the highest average of tickets..
Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Well like you said with jurisdiction. They do not have so on private property. Long as the property is zoned properly there would be no jurisdiction without the owner calling. If a business had a parking lot and you knew the owner and he said you could spin donuts and what not in the parking lot on weekends when they business is closed a cop can't do a thing about it. The owner gave you the go ahead.

Just like the house I am at now we are legally allowed to fire guns on the property and no cop can stop us. Now to keep the neighbors happy we don't do it at night, but if I want to walk into my backyard and fire a gun into the air 10 times and a cop was driving by he can't do a thing!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote:

There is those police stations that have to be " the best " so the have to meet a certain quota se by the captain to keep the highest average of tickets..
Or you have the little towns that grab everybody for speeding because they know you will just pay the fine instead of going to court there where you will loose anyway.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well like you said with jurisdiction. They do not have so on private property. Long as the property is zoned properly there would be no jurisdiction without the owner calling. If a business had a parking lot and you knew the owner and he said you could spin donuts and what not in the parking lot on weekends when they business is closed a cop can't do a thing about it. The owner gave you the go ahead.

Just like the house I am at now we are legally allowed to fire guns on the property and no cop can stop us. Now to keep the neighbors happy we don't do it at night, but if I want to walk into my backyard and fire a gun into the air 10 times and a cop was driving by he can't do a thing!

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Or you have the little towns that grab everybody for speeding because they know you will just pay the fine instead of going to court there where you will loose anyway.
Thats where im at... Exactly where im at
Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thats where im at... Exactly where im at
The small towns? Even tho Cinci is large there is a few small suburbs that do this. One is centered on a giant 4 lane road that is 35-40 MPH before and after the town but in the town itself is 25 and they will literally pull you over for 1mph over. I won't drive there anymore as they tale me waiting for me too go 1 over so they can ticket me. I've pulled in gas stations and where ever else and walked back to the road and stared at them with my phone out pointed at them. They think I have been recording them then and freak out and drive away.

Stuff like that is why people hate cops. They don't give you the benefit of the doubt they want you to slip up so they can ticket you.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #239
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The small towns? Even tho Cinci is large there is a few small suburbs that do this. One is centered on a giant 4 lane road that is 35-40 MPH before and after the town but in the town itself is 25 and they will literally pull you over for 1mph over. I won't drive there anymore as they tale me waiting for me too go 1 over so they can ticket me. I've pulled in gas stations and where ever else and walked back to the road and stared at them with my phone out pointed at them. They think I have been recording them then and freak out and drive away.

Stuff like that is why people hate cops. They don't give you the benefit of the doubt they want you to slip up so they can ticket you.
We have a 2 lane major highway that goes through( normally 55 ) locust city limits it goes to 35.. And the judge finally told the cops if they dont stop writing tickets for going 2mph over speed limit he was gonna fine the station for anymore they wrote.. They still pull you for 3 to 4 over..
Old 04-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
TIcketed on Private Property

Quote:

Not necessarily. If an officer obtains evidence but it is ruled UNADMISSABLE, it can be tossed. HOWEVER, if it can be proved that the evidence would have been obtained throughout another source, it then would be admissible.

Very few private owners of property when contacted by the police, almost always cooperate with the police. If they didn't every time the police saw someone on their property, they wouldn't bother checking on what they were doing on the property. That could translate into a lot more crimes.

YOU WANT TO BE SAFE? Before you go running around playing race car, contact the local police and ask them if you can utilize the parking lot for practicing in bad weather (snow and ice driving). It should be also easy to find out who owns the property. Check with the county, they should have the owner since someone is paying property taxes.

Since you attempted to contact the police, this might help you should you ever get pulled over, always good to know a police officer, a lot cheaper on tickets.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #241
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

No I'm not saying you, never directed to you, just saying there are idiots out there that do stupid things, and don't think about it.
I would have gone to a abandon lot too,
I was the one person agreeing with you saying its ridiculous that you got reported, because that's where I learned to control a car in snow or rain, I went to parking lots. But there are tons people out there that don't think and in today's society, I'm not lying or I'm not wrong in saying younger generations are lacking some common sense. Not saying you
Okay my bad man. I misread your message. Couldn't tell your tone from the text you know. Thanks for agreeing with me. And yes. There are some very stupid people out there
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post

Okay my bad man. I misread your message. Couldn't tell your tone from the text you know. Thanks for agreeing with me. And yes. There are some very stupid people out there
No problem, yea there are crazy people out there
Old 04-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #243
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea exactly, they want you mess up, and when you don't, you drive by, smile and wave they get even more mad!

What's the recorder for? just curious what it could do for us drivers.
I guess haven't studied to much of what their authority is and our rights are.
All I know is when I get a ticket, I deserve the punishment of the fine
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

False. If one is doing something dangerous, they can be cited.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar