Warning/ticket stories - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #246
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

False. If one is doing something dangerous, they can be cited.
http://www.duicentral.com/blog/2012/...vate-property/

For example- doing something dangerous; DUI, wreck less op, dv.

No one "wants" to press charges.

The state/county/city/officer can. You don't have to agree with it, believe it, or think it's right. But it may happen. It has before, and will happen again.

Maybe I should be more clear. Do you in all honesty think that it is legal to drink and drive, recklessly drive your car, or beat your wife, and if no one "wants to press charges" it is all okay and everything is fine?

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #247
Registered Member
Regular

Your posting stuff for California. Doesn't mean jack for where I live. Everyone knows California is law retarded.

I would bet if you fired a gun on private property in California you'd find the cops after you.

That just isn't the case here. It isn't a matter of looking the other way.

It has been looked into heavily. There is a reason everyone here has guns and shoots them everyday. They can and non amount of calling the cops can stop it.

I know we have backed off the subject of cars, but telling me what the strictest state does, does not apply to the entire US.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #248
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy
Your posting stuff for California. Doesn't mean jack for where I live. Everyone knows California is law retarded.

I would bet if you fired a gun on private property in California you'd find the cops after you.

That just isn't the case here. [b]It isn't a matter of looking the other way.
I did a 30 sec google search, let me be more thorough. What state are you in?

Before I continue, let me expand a little more. I am trying to help you understand a theory, or principle, or reason- not a specific task or rule or law.

As in, if you are doing something dangerous, then the state can press charges. I live in Ohio, so I couldn't say anything on California laws.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The state/county/city/officer can. You don't have to agree with it, believe it, or think it's right. But it may happen. It has before, and will happen again.

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote:

Maybe I should be more clear. Do you in all honesty think that it is legal to drink and drive, recklessly drive your car, or beat your wife, and if no one "wants to press charges" it is all okay and everything is fine?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #250
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I was driving home after a wedding about midnight on a nice 4 lane winding road when a cop pulls me over - says he has me on 4 counts - driving 57 in a 50, driving in the left lane and not passing, no front plate and driving with my driving lites on when it is not inclement weather. Do you think he was fishing?? After a DUI test ( i was not drinking that night) he talked about my GT/CS and let me go Scott Free!!!
pilatti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #251
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Personally I believe you should be able to do what you want as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. Beating your wife obviously not.

Drink and drive on private property? All for it. Long as you are not going to harm anyone nearby. So if you had a 15 acre lot of land and wanted to do doughnuts drunk in the middle of the lot by all means have at it.

The idea in this country of private anything is going away. Makes me sad. Government wants to control everything you say and do and personally I am against that 100%.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #252
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Personally I believe you should be able to do what you want as long as it doesn't harm anyone else. Beating your wife obviously not.

Drink and drive on private property? All for it. Long as you are not going to harm anyone nearby. So if you had a 15 acre lot of land and wanted to do doughnuts drunk in the middle of the lot by all means have at it.

The idea in this country of private anything is going away. Makes me sad. Government wants to control everything you say and do and personally I am against that 100%.
+100 yea that's why I live out in the woods. My grandmas house used to be surrounded by Forrest and a lake it was beautiful just maybe 10 years ago. Now they are surrounded by warehouses on every side and they complaint about everything we do outside. We got the cops called on us for shooting off fireworks on the 4th of July and they told us we had to stop because they had a complaint and it was "disturbing the peace" they do everything they can to piss my grandparents off so they will sell thier land for more warehouse space... Nothing we do on thier land is "private" because they are just waiting to phone the cops the first time we start up a loud car or do anything...

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #253
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

+1111 I agree completely I know this isn't car related but I was lighting of fire works on my property and got cops called saying I can't light them on my property that my family owns. Happen with my four wheeler to all the time
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #254
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilatti1 View Post
I was driving home after a wedding about midnight on a nice 4 lane winding road when a cop pulls me over - says he has me on 4 counts - driving 57 in a 50, driving in the left lane and not passing, no front plate and driving with my driving lites on when it is not inclement weather. Do you think he was fishing?? After a DUI test ( i was not drinking that night) he talked about my GT/CS and let me go Scott Free!!!
You ran into a nice cop , lucky .

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post
+1111 I agree completely I know this isn't car related but I was lighting of fire works on my property and got cops called saying I can't light them on my property that my family owns. Happen with my four wheeler to all the time
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #255
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with the protection of privacy, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else, why should the "authorities" have any kind of a say in it.

The laws have just gotten steadily closer to violation of the constitution, and a quite a few of them ARE in violation of it.

On a lighter sidenote, there's actually a law in the town I live in that says its illegal to walk down main street backwards eating a donut on Sunday. That's not a joke.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
I agree with the protection of privacy, as long as you aren't hurting anyone else, why should the "authorities" have any kind of a say in it.

The laws have just gotten steadily closer to violation of the constitution, and a quite a few of them ARE in violation of it.

On a lighter sidenote, there's actually a law in the town I live in that says its illegal to walk down main street backwards eating a donut on Sunday. That's not a joke.
I would do that this Sunday if I were you
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #257
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post

I would do that this Sunday if I were you
Few years back a group of friends and I bouth a dozen krispy kremes and walked backwards down the road...the cop said it was a health hazard to those involved
Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

I think it is important, because although some people may be careful, or actually trying to learn driving dynamics, some people are idiots. But I agree it is sad when it is done for reasons other than the welfare of the public. Definitely a hard line to balance those who need protection, and infringing on peoples rights.

15 acres? Go have a blast. Fuel station/grocers off a busy road? It needs to go somewhere else.

I am not saying if it is right or wrong, but an officer can write a ticket if he can articulate or cite why. Whats important, is the judge- and how YOU fight it.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Few years back a group of friends and I bouth a dozen krispy kremes and walked backwards down the road...the cop said it was a health hazard to those involved
Pretty funny. I'm a cop and hate donuts but can definately find humor in that.
Jason127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason127 View Post

ha
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason127 View Post

I didn't believe any of the cops on the force from the last 20-30 years would even know about such a stupid violation.. it was on ripleys believe it or not tv show in the late 90's early 2000's on one of their can you believe it segments lol
Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #262
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
every state has Stupid Laws like that for instance

Alabama:
- It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

- Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.

- You may not drive barefooted.

- It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.

- It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.

- Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.

- Masks may not be worn in public.

- Putting salt on a railraod track may be punishable by death.

- Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

- Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.

- It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.

- Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.

- Incestuous marriages are legal.

- It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church

- You must have windshield wipers on your car.

- You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.

Anniston:
- You may not wear blue jeans down Noble Street.

Jasper:
- It is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.

Lee County:
- It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.

Mobile:
- It is unlawful to wear women's pumps with sharp, high heels.

- It is unlawful to howl at ladies inside the city limits.

Montgomery:
- It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street, for fear of it spooking horses. (Repealed)

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #263
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
every state has Stupid Laws like that for instance

Alabama:
- It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

- Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.

- You may not drive barefooted.

- It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.

- It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.

- Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.

- Masks may not be worn in public.

- Putting salt on a railraod track may be punishable by death.

- Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

- Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.

- It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.

- Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.

- Incestuous marriages are legal.

- It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church

- You must have windshield wipers on your car.

- You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.

Anniston:
- You may not wear blue jeans down Noble Street.

Jasper:
- It is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.

Lee County:
- It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.

Mobile:
- It is unlawful to wear women's pumps with sharp, high heels.

- It is unlawful to howl at ladies inside the city limits.

Montgomery:
- It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street, for fear of it spooking horses. (Repealed)
Wowwww lol!

That's actually where the term "Rule of thumb" comes from, it used to be a nationwide law in the 30's.

and a law against booger flicking? Really?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

lmao i know right

LCMC Member
Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #265
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
lmao i know right
That one about beating your wife with a stick the size of your thumb. I actually recently found out that is in the bible and is also where the term "rule of thumb" came from. But most of those are stuff to laugh at not to fine people over... I can understand the salt on railroad tracks though because it will cause them to rust.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

That one about beating your wife with a stick the size of your thumb. I actually recently found out that is in the bible and is also where the term "rule of thumb" came from. But most of those are stuff to laugh at not to fine people over... I can understand the salt on railroad tracks though because it will cause them to rust.
If you're in ohio, a little table salt on railroad tracks is nothing lol
Old 04-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #267
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

True... I live in Cali lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #268
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

True... I live in Cali lol
I envy your weather and scenery, but not the heaps of redundant laws lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

True story. This year was baaaaad.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

True story. This year was baaaaad.
yeah, no doubt. but after the last few winters we had we were overdue for a real s&*tstorm lol
Old 04-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #271
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah, no doubt. but after the last few winters we had we were overdue for a real s&*tstorm lol
Yessir and we got it. My lower half of my car would go white at times from all the salt! I was washing her once a week almost. Thankfully wed get snow then salt of course then rain not long after.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #272
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yessir and we got it. My lower half of my car would go white at times from all the salt! I was washing her once a week almost. Thankfully wed get snow then salt of course then rain not long after.
exactly! I was at the car wash every couple days just spraying the salt off
Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 AM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ha. I just got one not long ago. I had no excuse. I was speeding. 69 in a 45. $240. Sucks! Oh well. It's gunna get paid next week so I don't have to show up in court again.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #274
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Last night around 11 I was coming back from town with pizza and there was NO traffic well I'm doing about 70-75 on an empty 2 lane 55 and this other car comes over the hill bout a quarter mile away and flashes his lights warning me. I slow down to 50 and sure enough right over the hill there's a cop.

Wish I knew who the other driver was so I could thank him!

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #275
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
Last night around 11 I was coming back from town with pizza and there was NO traffic well I'm doing about 70-75 on an empty 2 lane 55 and this other car comes over the hill bout a quarter mile away and flashes his lights warning me. I slow down to 50 and sure enough right over the hill there's a cop.

That's great,
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #276
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love I when people do that

LCMC Member
Old 04-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #277
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love I when people do that
I am one of them. I don't see people do it as often anymore. Makes me sad.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #278
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I can't do it becausw I have low beam only hids. Sadly no one around here does it anymore, if I'm not mistaken law enforcement can stop you for that.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #279
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post
I can't do it becausw I have low beam only hids. Sadly no one around here does it anymore, if I'm not mistaken law enforcement can stop you for that.
Yeah they can which is BS in my opinion. I do it anyway since most cops are hidden and once your to the point of warning people the cop can't see you anymore.

Plus wouldn't it be easy to argue that you went to put your Bright's on and saw someone coming and switched them off? Seems like a pretty assholeish move to make.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #280
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:

This has saved me more than once. Would love to find the person and buy them a drink!
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar