Warning/ticket stories - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post
This has saved me more than once. Would love to find the person and buy them a drink!
If I pass a cop , I do it all the time I flash my highbeams , people are always thankfull and sometimes wave at me , it slows them down which is a good thing plus they don't get a ticket . Everyone should it makes for safer roads.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
most people where i'm at are to worried about themselves to do something like that, i do it, not sure how many people pay attention to it though, i think most people have forgoten things like that. Like in the county you'll see people still turning their blinkers on to let you know they're slowing down because the person in front is turning. or for that matter the rare occasion that people actually use THEIR blinker to let you know THEY are turning...

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #283
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Come to Cali and drive, its pretty much a competition everywhere. You put on your blinker for a lane change and the person will speed up so you can't get over.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
most people where i'm at are to worried about themselves to do something like that, i do it, not sure how many people pay attention to it though, i think most people have forgoten things like that. Like in the county you'll see people still turning their blinkers on to let you know they're slowing down because the person in front is turning. or for that matter the rare occasion that people actually use THEIR blinker to let you know THEY are turning...

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

To be a great driver you have to learn to avoid the bad ones with evasive maneuvers ha.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #285
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
One time i got a $20 ticket....wasnt even a good movie
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Come to Cali and drive, its pretty much a competition everywhere. You put on your blinker for a lane change and the person will speed up so you can't get over.
That's any big city it seems. Cincinnati is that way now. Need to get over to get off and they will speed up and sit 5 feet from the car in front of them so you can't get over. I just don't get the point in being such an *******. I'll do it with camaro and challenger drivers...but that is because of the rivalry. .
Old 04-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
So I had my drivers improvement class for my ticket today, and the drivers teacher said Ohio was the worst or most place where give tickets. He was talking on the tollway, where from one toll booth to the next booth, they could register the time it took you and determine your speed. And give you a ticket.
Also the city bought 4-5 helicopters, and spent $450k on them, where they used those as speed traps, basically sending tickets to you.

Then state of Illinois in last year or so has spent 10 million on red light traffic cams also work zone speed limit cameras now.
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
jeeze

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
So I had my drivers improvement class for my ticket today, and the drivers teacher said Ohio was the worst or most place where give tickets. He was talking on the tollway, where from one toll booth to the next booth, they could register the time it took you and determine your speed. And give you a ticket.
Also the city bought 4-5 helicopters, and spent $450k on them, where they used those as speed traps, basically sending tickets to you.

Then state of Illinois in last year or so has spent 10 million on red light traffic cams also work zone speed limit cameras now.
If you are driving down 23 and see a ghetto bird or plane, check your speedo.. the way they tell if your speeding thru there is they clock you by the white lines and do the math for an estimated speed.. then send you a ticket in the mail.

And yeah, columbus is that way anymore.. I went down to pick n pull in south columbus and even on the side roads people were ******** like that. Some old lady in a minivan did that 3 times at three different exits to me and then started yelling out her window, so I motioned to slow down, rolled my window down as if to talk to her, then punched it around her to my exit. People piss me off.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Not exactly a ticket story, but last weekend I had the 5-0 pull up beside me at a red light. I saw him out of my peripheral, but didn't think much of it. He rolls down his window and yells out "Hey" to me as I'm waiting for the light to turn green. Anxiously turn to look at him, and all he can say to me is.

COP: Yo man, you want race?

I LOL'd.

He followed it up with a "Nice, car guy. Drive safe."
Klaximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Passing a 15mph car in a 25. Got a ticket for 45 in a 25 and passing. Wasn't a residential street. $800 ticket. Did traffic school. First and only ticket of 4 years.
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I sure miss the old days of pulling people over for tinted windows, speeding, sound, racing, etc....Then the whining about their insurance....Brings a tear to my eyes....If only I worked on commission, I would be a millionaire and them some....
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #293
ME Bloodhound
Staff

If cops got paid on how many tickets they gave then i would sure as hell become a cop lol, i would sit on the side of the road and get people for even 1 over lol. I would even pull over ricers and make something up while doing it.

HID end all thread
Old 05-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
if I have a car behind me on the fast lane and I'm just cruising, thinking and stuff, they get mad and turn to the next lane to try and pass me.
As soon as I see a car do that on my rear view, I step on the gas to catch up to the car in front of me. Just a habit I guess haha
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

Okay so one day I was driving home from form In-N-Out going pretty fast on a curvy street. Then came the red light. Hadn't been through that part of town for a while and I was taking the route I usually do to go home. So as I got to the red light I immediately signaled to turn right and did so pretty quick. Right when I turned I saw a "road closed" sign in that street and a highway patrol car in the closed street so I stopped and the patrol rolled up in front of me. One of them ******baggedly went around my car inspecting it thoroughly. And the other went to talk to me. I didn't have a license at that time but I did have insurance as registration. He was cool and told me to go get it soon while the other guy yelled out "your tires are bald" and then told me to roll up my window to try and get me for tint too. Long story short, got off Scott free and told me the reason he didn't give me a ticket and impound my car was because there was no cones blocking the street, just a road closed sign and just told me to slow down. But I've never been pulled over just pulled into some cops
Old 05-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #296
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

if I have a car behind me on the fast lane and I'm just cruising, thinking and stuff, they get mad and turn to the next lane to try and pass me.
As soon as I see a car do that on my rear view, I step on the gas to catch up to the car in front of me. Just a habit I guess haha
I do that, the other day someone was riding my *** for no reason, I was just cruising in 4th doing the speed limit. Wasn't even on the freeway, when I saw him cut lanes to pass me I dropped it to 2nd, dusted him and flipped him the bird.

HID end all thread
Old 05-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So your an ******* who sits in the fast lane, which is really a passing lane, then when people get mad at you for not following the rules of the road you play with them?

Riiiiiiiiight.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #298
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

So your an ******* who sits in the fast lane, which is really a passing lane, then when people get mad at you for not following the rules of the road you play with them?

Riiiiiiiiight.
The inside lane (fast lane) is not for cruising, it is for passing. If you are cruising in this lane you deserve a ticket
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Riiiiiiiiight.
Sorry guys, sometimes I space out when I'm driving in the fast lane and I have another car a couple hundred feet from me. I don't like riding people's asses to move over like some people. I also like to have space in front of me in case something happens and i cant stop in time. The "limit" here is "65" on the highway. I never go under that. In the fast lane my average speed is always 75-80. And here people just LOVE to be ******** and drive bumper to bumper to bumper going 80. So.... I deserve a ticket for driving safe and slow at 75 in a 65 zone? Okay

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

The inside lane (fast lane) is not for cruising, it is for passing. If you are cruising in this lane you deserve a ticket
Cruising at 75 in a 65 zone am I supposed to gun it every chance I get?
Old 05-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #300
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893

Sorry guys, sometimes I space out when I'm driving in the fast lane and I have another car a couple hundred feet from me. I don't like riding people's asses to move over like some people. I also like to have space in front of me in case something happens and i cant stop in time. The "limit" here is "65" on the highway. I never go under that. In the fast lane my average speed is always 75-80. And here people just LOVE to be ******** and drive bumper to bumper to bumper going 80. So.... I deserve a ticket for driving safe and slow at 75 in a 65 zone? Okay

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Cruising at 75 in a 65 zone am I supposed to gun it every chance I get?
Read your dmv handbook...
Our's:
Old 05-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

Jeez, all the guys with the newer and more expensive cars are always the more uptight ones :p jumping to conclusions because someone doesn't specify every little single detail. Well, there are some humble members on here too not judging them all

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote:

Read your dmv handbook...
Sorry, don't feel like driving down to my local DMV to get one. And you do know that some traffic laws differ from state to state right? And if a car is going much faster than me and courteously puts their blinker on to pass me I got right on ahead and let them pass. But if they're ******** and just merge out, gun it, and try to cut me off. Then of course I won't let them pass for being ********.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Per the law the passing lane is that, passing. Regardless of your speed you are not to sit in that lane unless passingm you could be doing 100 in a 65 and the person behind you on your bumper wanting to do 120 and you are breaking the law more than they are. You are sitting in a passing lane and speeding. They are just speeding.

Passing lane. Days I love when I drive my 3 ton truck because I will ride your tail for sitting in the fast lane cruising and if it is at night the brights are on in your back window too.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Per the law the passing lane is that, passing. Regardless of your speed you are not to sit in that lane unless passingm you could be doing 100 in a 65 and the person behind you on your bumper wanting to do 120 and you are breaking the law more than they are. You are sitting in a passing lane and speeding. They are just speeding.

Passing lane. Days I love when I drive my 3 ton truck because I will ride your tail for sitting in the fast lane cruising and if it is at night the brights are on in your back window too.
Sorry, had no idea this was the autobahn

If you want to do 120 on a highway, fine by me. I personally won't go over 90 to avoid a speeding ticket and an accident. But try not to put my life at risk and others by being an *******. The road is for everyone, not just you. Like I said, pass me up I couldn't give a flying s**t, just don't do it like an ******* or I'll be an ******* as well.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Wait a minute? Passing lane? You're only allowed to be in that lane when you're passing? If that's so then a quarter of the highway should be ticketed
Old 05-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #304
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Jeez, all the guys with the newer and more expensive cars are always the more uptight ones :p jumping to conclusions because someone doesn't specify every little single detail. Well, there are some humble members on here too not judging them all

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Sorry, don't feel like driving down to my local DMV to get one. And you do know that some traffic laws differ from state to state right? And if a car is going much faster than me and courteously puts their blinker on to pass me I got right on ahead and let them pass. But if they're ******** and just merge out, gun it, and try to cut me off. Then of course I won't let them pass for being ********.
My newest car is a 2007 focus...not sure who that was being directed towards...
Passing on the right is illegal also.

Some people really need to review driving laws
Our's:
Old 05-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry, had no idea this was the autobahn

If you want to do 120 on a highway, fine by me. I personally won't go over 90 to avoid a speeding ticket and an accident. But try not to put my life at risk and others by being an *******. The road is for everyone, not just you. Like I said, pass me up I couldn't give a flying s**t, just don't do it like an ******* or I'll be an ******* as well.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Wait a minute? Passing lane? You're only allowed to be in that lane when you're passing? If that's so then a quarter of the highway should be ticketed
Yeah your right. Most people don't follow the law. A large part of that is the terrible driving schools in this country. Did you not see on the news people getting ticketed for sitting in the passing lanes? Its changing and it is awesome. Forget cops getting people for speeding. Speeding is less scary than people who backup highways by cruising in the passing lanes.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #306
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My newest car is a 2007 focus...not sure who that was being directed towards...
Passing on the right is illegal also.

Some people really need to review driving laws
Let me rephrase that expensive cars. You have a cobra correct? There you go. Thanks, driving instructor.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Let me rephrase that expensive cars. You have a cobra correct? There you go. Thanks, driving instructor.
You don't have to be mad that your the one breaking the law....
Old 05-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #308
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Judging by this thread I probably should be...

Do you realize you can be ticketed for driving the speed limit at night or in the rain? The limit is only applicable in optimum driving conditions.

You would probably be one of the people who get frustrated when I come to a complete stop at a stop sign or before turning right on red when legal...
Our's:
Old 05-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #309
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah your right. Most people don't follow the law. A large part of that is the terrible driving schools in this country. Did you not see on the news people getting ticketed for sitting in the passing lanes? Its changing and it is awesome. Forget cops getting people for speeding. Speeding is less scary than people who backup highways by cruising in the passing lanes.
Yeah and I follow the laws if speed limits. Driving schools? Haha no one goes to driving school. Once you're 18 here in Cali you can just go apply for a license, take a written test, then a driving test and BOOM, you're a licensed driver. It should be mandatory to take lessons at least and take courses on safety. Sadly no one does. The only reason I don't speed on the fast lane is because of the "speed limit" heck. I'd be happy if I didn't have to worry about a ticket. I just can't afford to get a ticket. If there was no limit I would drive as fast as I please on the fast lane. No more pointless arguing. I've made my point and you've made yours. We both have our opinions. I agree with you but and wish it could be that way but politicians don't know anything about driving. They have their chauffeurs drive them everywhere. I just don't want to get screwed over with a ticket
Old 05-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Judging by this thread I probably should be...

Do you realize you can be ticketed for driving the speed limit at night or in the rain? The limit is only applicable in optimum driving conditions.

You would probably be one of the people who get frustrated when I come to a complete stop at a stop sign or before turning right on red when legal...
Yezzir. You can be ticketed for going over if the driving conditions aren't safe.

And I stated before, I go 75-85 In a 65 zone, but you say I should go faster? Ill admit I'm not the best driver, but highway patrol in my area are doushebags and I don't want to be caught speeding.

No, I would not get frustrated. In fact I wouldn't care. I don't have road rage. I make complete stops, but I admit once in a while I don't. Who doesn't?
Old 05-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

I've been stating laws not opinions....
Old 05-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Some if these seem like opinions to me. But anywho, I'm not mad, just defending what I'm trying to say

So what you're telling me is that I have no choice but to break the law? Drive fast in the passing lane and get a ticket. Drive slow in the passing lane and get a ticket. Drive the speed limit in the passing lane and get a ticket? Where's the logic? Oh geez sorry, mamas rung the bell time for lunch. I think I'll stay back in my part of the forums and ask for technical help instead. Since I can't post something without being criticized somewhere else. Thanks for making me feel welcome guys
Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Sam no hay pedo, que no te moleste.. He will now merge right when someone behind him wants to pass..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Some if these seem like opinions to me. But anywho, I'm not mad, just defending what I'm trying to say

So what you're telling me is that I have no choice but to break the law? Drive fast in the passing lane and get a ticket. Drive slow in the passing lane and get a ticket. Drive the speed limit in the passing lane and get a ticket? Where's the logic? Oh geez sorry, mamas rung the bell time for lunch. I think I'll stay back in my part of the forums and ask for technical help instead. Since I can't post something without being criticized somewhere else. Thanks for making me feel welcome guys
You pass in the passing lane. If you are not passing cars in the left lane too you while driving you are not passing and should be in the furthermost right lane.

If someone wants to drive faster than you, it is customary to move over and let them pass, then move back out and continue passing.

You have no right to drive in the passing lane unless passing. The highway could be empty with zero cars around and you in the fast lane driving speed limit and a cop could be sitting on the side of the road and ticket you for it.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130505_171922.png
Views:	55
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	106229

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar