Warning/ticket stories - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Warning/ticket stories

So any interesting stories out there of being pulled over in your new stang
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I got pulled over one night heading home from work! Came up to a stop light . I was in the left lane and other cars were in the lane! The police had a check point about 300 yards up the road!! The light turned green and the car in the right lane just sat there. So I took off and about that time the car next to me started to move so I had to speed up so I could move over or hot there blinking sign!! So got on it just alittle more and with my exhaust it gets loud when I go over 2500 RPM's!! When I get to the check point the police tell me to get out of the car, I ask why and the told me that I was racing the car behind me and gave me and the guy behind me a ticket for racing each other! We both started laughing!! He had a old Taurus and my car is a 2012GT 5.0. I have hi flow cats with the Magnaflow street comp tips!! It gets pretty loud when I get on it just a little !! Long story short!!! They dismissed the ticket
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've just had fix it tickets. One time officer gave me 5 on one stop.
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Was running with my team mate one night and we thought it would be cute to gun it over a bridge and as soon as the accelerator engaged, blue lights went up. I was in rear so I got the ticket. I honestly don't think he has any idea how fast I was going so he gave me a 1-10 over. $89 ticket, 2 points. I know it may seem like over kill, but I got a lawyer to handle it. I'd rather pay him than pay for raised insurance premiums.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got pulled over for not using a blinker. I have a bad habit of not using them, but more specifically when I am in a turn only lane (which was the case). The officer just so happened to be a long lost friend from high school that recognized my name on my license. He let me go with a warning, so I was happy about that.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Never actually got pulled over yet in my mustang. Knock on wood.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Been pulled over 3 times in the 5.0. Once for green license plate lights which i had no idea about until the cop told me. Just verbal fix it. Next time was about 2 weeks later for no license plate lights lol. Again just a verbal. The last time i was on my way home from work and had a little too much fun and got caught slammin gears thru town at like 2am lol. Luckily it was my cousin on duty and he has 2 foxes himself. I was with my buddy one time in his 01 cobra when he got pulled over for a rapid acceleration. The cop came up smiling and said he thought we were going to run. My buddy told him if he was going to run his tail lights would be a blur in the distance lol. The cop was pretty cool and laughed about it. He said since he didnt hear any tires squeal we were good to go and just gave him a warning.
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #8
Road Trip!

This was the public nuisance incident lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130305_024138.png
Views:	184
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	94087  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Iv had mine about a year and have got caught racing and going 60 in a 35 and kno ticket my cops is my cuzin tho haha
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Been pulled over 9 times in my mach 1. Never been ticketed or pulled for anything other than a random check or suspicious driving lol. One cop wrote me a ticket for illegal modification because of the shaker hood Scoop. He looked pretty silly when we explained it was completely stock. Cops in my town are big Ford guys. A couple stopped me just to look under the hood haha. I usually am happy to play along. One asked me about my exhaust setup because he wants it for his 99 cobra haha.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Never had a cop pull me over in the stang. Have had a lot of thumbs up.

But I also don't drive in the cities with speed cameras and cops that will pull you over for doing 1 mph over.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Haven't been stopped in the Mustang yet, but being a cop helps when I do rarely get pulled over
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
My first actual ticket was in the Mustang lol I deserved it haha I just always been lucky to get the nicest cops around
Old 03-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Myself have Been pulled over 2 times, once it was because I was going along side the state trooper and passed him. Didn't think anything of it, but guess it didn't sit well with him I suppose. Second time I was going 20mph over and saw undercover cop, so I just pulled myself over when I saw him come, I received a warning.
So knock on wood nothing major yet
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
no tickets yet not even a parking ticket haha
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I was 15 at the time, just passed my test and had my license for 3 days went to see some friends across town and on the way home took a short cut with a 2 mile stretch of road that usually most never went down unless they lived in the neighborhood to the side. half way down the road I was doing about 110mph in a 45mph speed limit. Never noticing the cop I turn off and back onto the main highway only for me to see blue lights and I was pulled over. I was shaking and sweating and could barely talk when he asked for my information. He came back knowing I had just gotten my license and wrote me a warning. Still to this day I do not know why he let me off, and still to this day my parents do not know. I am now 20 about to turn 21 in about a month and a half lol.
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
Myself have Been pulled over 2 times, once it was because I was going along side the state trooper and passed him. Didn't think anything of it, but guess it didn't sit well with him I suppose. Second time I was going 20mph over and saw undercover cop, so I just pulled myself over when I saw him come, I received a warning.
So knock on wood nothing major yet
Where I live cops must have lights affixed to their roofs and cars clearly marked or they cannot pull you over for traffic violations. It is to prevent someone pretending to be an undercover cop and then pulling women over and raping them or any other kinds of activities. Marked cars with lights on the roof. The full bar of lights not the little detachable one. If they don't have that you don't have to stop.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post
I was 15 at the time, just passed my test and had my license for 3 days went to see some friends across town and on the way home took a short cut with a 2 mile stretch of road that usually most never went down unless they lived in the neighborhood to the side. half way down the road I was doing about 110mph in a 45mph speed limit. Never noticing the cop I turn off and back onto the main highway only for me to see blue lights and I was pulled over. I was shaking and sweating and could barely talk when he asked for my information. He came back knowing I had just gotten my license and wrote me a warning. Still to this day I do not know why he let me off, and still to this day my parents do not know. I am now 20 about to turn 21 in about a month and a half lol.
Wow that's crazy
Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Where I live cops must have lights affixed to their roofs and cars clearly marked or they cannot pull you over for traffic violations. It is to prevent someone pretending to be an undercover cop and then pulling women over and raping them or any other kinds of activities. Marked cars with lights on the roof. The full bar of lights not the little detachable one. If they don't have that you don't have to stop.
+1
BlackSmoke02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
One night we were driving home after going out for dinner and a movie on I 80/94. I was doing 70 mph on a 55. I passed a couple of cars and one of them sped up to where I could see the driver thru the passenger window. We made eye contact and he motioned for me to pull over. I just floored the car and after a while he got behind me to the point he was tailgating. After a few seconds I saw the flashing lights go on inside the grille of his car. Of course I pulled over ASAP When he reached my window he demanded to know why I didn't pull over at first. I said I didn't know he was a trooper (unmarked car) and feared for our safety. That once I saw the flashing lights, I pulled over as soon as I could. No ticket of any kind just told me to slow it down
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Illinois has every kind of unmarked cop car you could think of, just in this area there must be a dozen or so different SUV or new Taurus cars. I was pulled over by a state trooper in a older Taurus.
But respect seems to go a long ways with them. Otherwise you just run into a prick that is jealous of you having the car and wants make your day miserable!
I knew I was busted so I waited a few mins on the side of highway for him to catch me, that was probably my best option. Or "brown nosing" method
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Anyone get pulled over for exhaust? My exhaust is very loud and I have had it for a good amount of time and never pulled over. People always tell me Iam going to get in trouble is this true? Ooooo and I have a perfect driving record knock on wood
Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Illinois has every kind of unmarked cop car you could think of, just in this area there must be a dozen or so different SUV or new Taurus cars. I was pulled over by a state trooper in a older Taurus.
But respect seems to go a long ways with them. Otherwise you just run into a prick that is jealous of you having the car and wants make your day miserable!
I knew I was busted so I waited a few mins on the side of highway for him to catch me, that was probably my best option. Or "brown nosing" method
That sucks. Can't do that in Ohio. That is scary because any old person with a police costume can pull you over technically.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
Anyone get pulled over for exhaust? My exhaust is very loud and I have had it for a good amount of time and never pulled over. People always tell me Iam going to get in trouble is this true? Ooooo and I have a perfect driving record knock on wood
Technically yes. Depends what the legal limits are. More than likely if your exhaust is loud your past it.

Where I live the cops don't care long as you are not revving hard or burning through the gears late at night or early in the morning.

They do have the right too though. Keep in mind how loud semis are and deisal trucks. My car is louder but not during normal driving.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
I think it has alot to do with what you drive. I was pulled over 5 or 6 times in my old 3.0 ranger, no cats no muffler, tip exited in front of passenger side rear tire. My mustang is twice as loud and i haven't been pulled over for that reason. I think they just expect it out of a car like that.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Where I am building, the next door neighbor is a trooper, I asked him what I can do with exhaust,
He said that as long as we're not trying breaks ear drums or being annoying like the Honda civics buzzing down the road, that I'd be fine, he thought of it more as "soothing" I'm not kidding his exact word, not mine.
Everyone is gonna be different though.
Wow, I never thought of that, someone acting as a cop rape/situation. World is messed up.
I'm not gonna lie, I have thought of acting as a cop to pull a prank. Harmless entertainment!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where I am building, the next door neighbor is a trooper, I asked him what I can do with exhaust,
He said that as long as we're not trying breaks ear drums or being annoying like the Honda civics buzzing down the road, that I'd be fine, he thought of it more as "soothing" I'm not kidding his exact word, not mine.
Everyone is gonna be different though.
Wow, I never thought of that, someone acting as a cop rape/situation. World is messed up.
I'm not gonna lie, I have thought of acting as a cop to pull a prank. Harmless entertainment!
Yeah it has happened a few times in Ohio that I know of. Literally the cop would have to have another cop find you and pull you over. They can't just take down your LP and ticket you. Not worth their time.

I also follow cops. With a dash cam on, when they are speeding. If the limit says 55 and they are doing 80 I follow at 80 with the dash cam on and if they slow down and pull up next too me I point to the dash can and they drive away pissed. Keep in mind this isn't legal to do everywhere which is sad. That is film a cop on purpose.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Never been pulled over. Been driving for a year and 7 months. Just got my Mustang last month though

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah it has happened a few times in Ohio that I know of. Literally the cop would have to have another cop find you and pull you over. They can't just take down your LP and ticket you. Not worth their time.

I also follow cops. With a dash cam on, when they are speeding. If the limit says 55 and they are doing 80 I follow at 80 with the dash cam on and if they slow down and pull up next too me I point to the dash can and they drive away pissed. Keep in mind this isn't legal to do everywhere which is sad. That is film a cop on purpose.
Haha that's great,
Pull up to them and their scarfing down burgers/drinking, texting and I think the biggest thing I notice all time, when they come home on lunch break they leave the squad car running the whole time.
I like that dash cam idea!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I just got a ticket about an hour ago.......This is going to kill any plans I had for my car, big time
BlackSmoke02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Got pulled over coming home from work doing 25 over gave me a warning cause I was less than a mile away from my house next day same guy pulled me over for 3 over and just walked up to my car handed me a warning and drove off. Pretty sure he's out to get me
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I got pulled over in my fusion after hockey and there isnt any showers at the rink i practice at so after explaining that to the cop he said i smelled to bad to go home and shower hahaaha
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha that's great,
Pull up to them and their scarfing down burgers/drinking, texting and I think the biggest thing I notice all time, when they come home on lunch break they leave the squad car running the whole time.
I like that dash cam idea!
Yeah I hate cops for this reason. I rarely have them bother me in any way, but the fact they speed, talk on their phones by holding them to there ear in a hands free state, no seat belts, etc. Onward it just makes me mad.

The first people to break the laws are the ones set to enforce it.

Also where I live you can record a conversation with anyone long as one party, so yourself, is aware the recording is happening. I got pulled over once and cussed out by a cop and since then I have been ready that if I ever get pulled over again I am recording the conversation and making them say there badge number out loud.

That cop that cussed me out told me I was doing 65 in a 35 that I was maybe doing 5 over in if that. He only wrote me a ticket for 5 over. Crooked.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:

Yeah I hate cops for this reason. I rarely have them bother me in any way, but the fact they speed, talk on their phones by holding them to there ear in a hands free state, no seat belts, etc. Onward it just makes me mad.

The first people to break the laws are the ones set to enforce it.

Also where I live you can record a conversation with anyone long as one party, so yourself, is aware the recording is happening. I got pulled over once and cussed out by a cop and since then I have been ready that if I ever get pulled over again I am recording the conversation and making them say there badge number out loud.

That cop that cussed me out told me I was doing 65 in a 35 that I was maybe doing 5 over in if that. He only wrote me a ticket for 5 over. Crooked.
What an ***! I don't know what I would do if I got a cop like that!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You can record whatever you want in a public place/area. You just cant use it in court unless the other party knew about it up front. Same thing with phone calls. But when you tell them theyre being recorded, their attitude often changes. Been there, done that, dash cam FTW.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
My first actual ticket was in the Mustang lol I deserved it haha I just always been lucky to get the nicest cops around
Being a cute chick in a hot car... You will get away with a lot more than most. Just saying.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar