screw ford dealerships - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
screw ford dealerships

this is a lot, but i think well worth it.

so i go to take my baby in to get the oil changed. its new still so i go to ford its under warranty and i wanna keep it that way. so i go there only bc my brother does all the paint and body work at the dealership. thought i would get some good service. well here is my terrible experience at the FORD CITY DEALER IN CHAMPAIGN IL. well first things first. i pull up and my car sounds pretty sweet and looks amazing IMO. lol. every tech in there stops what they are doing and stares at my car. i have a staggered setup for wheels n tires. guy sets me up and says do you want us to wash it vacuum it and rotate the wheels. i go DO NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN OIL. he goes what about the wheels. i go they are staggered you cant rotate them. he goes oh yea we wont do it then. so they take my car and me and my brother are outside just BSing around. looking at the mustangs and some trucks on the lot. when i hear my car getting reved up by the car wash they have on their lot. i go wtf, i know thats mine. so i go straight into the service managers office. and i ask him if it is policy to rev up customer cars bc they sound good. he says idk what you are talking about. i go there is one of YOUR techs revving my car up. i do no apprecciate it and i said all i wanted was an oil change. why is it by the car wash. are your techs joy riding my car?? and he is lost for words. completely lost and retarded. and i just got out of the marine corps so i can chew some a** right off the top of my head. so i start ragging on how he is running his operation and how dirty the place is. how bad the customer service was. lets just say i got out of there with nothing but smiles and apologies without paying a dime for my oil change. which was 88 bucks btw. all in all i couldnt believe the unprofessionalism there was at this place. the manager didnt know what his employees were doing. the employees didnt know what they were doing. the cashier was all rude and confused. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE....never going back.

PS not sure if this is the right spot for this post. but had to relay my experience on to make sure people keep a close eye on their car when someone else takes it. bc they joyride and beat it up.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Wow. You handled that better than I would have lol

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Wish i could hear the other side of the story

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckooo13 View Post
this is a lot, but i think well worth it.

so i go to take my baby in to get the oil changed. its new still so i go to ford its under warranty and i wanna keep it that way. so i go there only bc my brother does all the paint and body work at the dealership. thought i would get some good service. well here is my terrible experience at the FORD CITY DEALER IN CHAMPAIGN IL. well first things first. i pull up and my car sounds pretty sweet and looks amazing IMO. lol. every tech in there stops what they are doing and stares at my car. i have a staggered setup for wheels n tires. guy sets me up and says do you want us to wash it vacuum it and rotate the wheels. i go DO NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN OIL. he goes what about the wheels. i go they are staggered you cant rotate them. he goes oh yea we wont do it then. so they take my car and me and my brother are outside just BSing around. looking at the mustangs and some trucks on the lot. when i hear my car getting reved up by the car wash they have on their lot. i go wtf, i know thats mine. so i go straight into the service managers office. and i ask him if it is policy to rev up customer cars bc they sound good. he says idk what you are talking about. i go there is one of YOUR techs revving my car up. i do no apprecciate it and i said all i wanted was an oil change. why is it by the car wash. are your techs joy riding my car?? and he is lost for words. completely lost and retarded. and i just got out of the marine corps so i can chew some a** right off the top of my head. so i start ragging on how he is running his operation and how dirty the place is. how bad the customer service was. lets just say i got out of there with nothing but smiles and apologies without paying a dime for my oil change. which was 88 bucks btw. all in all i couldnt believe the unprofessionalism there was at this place. the manager didnt know what his employees were doing. the employees didnt know what they were doing. the cashier was all rude and confused. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE....never going back.

PS not sure if this is the right spot for this post. but had to relay my experience on to make sure people keep a close eye on their car when someone else takes it. bc they joyride and beat it up.
Your car is like a second wife lol, you don't let other people rev her up or anything along those lines, you handled that good
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
cant trust anyone anymore... I wish there was a more high end auto shop that you could go to and always get amazing service from people who CARE about your car, know what they are doing, and dont screw it up....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
cant trust anyone anymore... I wish there was a more high end auto shop that you could go to and always get amazing service from people who CARE about your car, know what they are doing, and dont screw it up....
Sounds like American muscle needs to open up a shop nationwide
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Sounds like American muscle needs to open up a shop nationwide
They really should they have a loyal fan base
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I have many problem with ford dealership on every ford I have owned and that would be 6 now. They really need to look at there customer service and treat the customer better at least in your area and mine. Idk what it is but I really have nothing but problems with them.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

the problem is they hire anyone, regardless .... (low qualifications for many especially oil change people) and thus they get what they pay for, same for walmart etc
Old 03-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Hey bud it's just as bad up in Bloomington il at our ford dealership. Sorry to hear that happened to ya
NDstang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have an AWESOME shop in my town they do EVErything and the 2 guys that run it are some of the best mechanics I've ever known. They can do everything from rebuilding an entire engine to full paint jobs to a simple oil change and thier rate is $45 an hour.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I have a shop about 45 min away that mostly does mustangs, only real shop I would trust and they do great work and love mustangs
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
Road Trip!

I think you overreacted. I mean come on all they were doing was admiring your car..
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Best thing is find a local shop not owned by a big name company they do the best work IMO, but if your like me you don't let just anyone touch let alone drive or rev your car, if you want to hear it ill rev it... don't get in my seat and help your self to my car I worked hard to get, I completely respect how that guy reacted I would have done the same thing too
Old 03-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I would have done the same thing. Ill never let someone joy ride my car. Asking me for permission is different. If you ask ill let you rev it once. Don't just jump in something and rev what isn't yours. The audacity
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

i did handle it well. all my friends said the same thing. as far as telling a man how to run his own shop i probably over reacted. but it was heat of the moment stuff. haha. needless to say they didnt screw up the oil change. but yes they will hire anyone who passes a drug screening to work on the oil changes.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Old 03-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I had one guy come up to me in a parking lot and start touching my car talking about how cool it was I was like "***** get your hands off my stuff!!"

Some people just want to touch and mess with and play around with stuff that doesn't belong to them. There's enough idiots out there the car shop is the last place they should be its called RESPECT!

Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuckooo13 View Post
i did handle it well. all my friends said the same thing. as far as telling a man how to run his own shop i probably over reacted. but it was heat of the moment stuff. haha. needless to say they didnt screw up the oil change. but yes they will hire anyone who passes a drug screening to work on the oil changes.
Hire car guys that respect cars is what I say especially customers own cars, cause our cars are our pride and joy
Old 03-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

99mustang99 is right. just hire people that respect other peoples stuff. it isnt hard, i detailed cars and they stayed over night. i never touched them minus cleaning it. had a z06 one night and some nice mercedes. never once drove it or did anything to abuse it.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I worked as a valet for a few months and got to drive all kinds if cool cars Audi R8's Ferraris Porsche's lots of nice mustangs and camaros and some of the stuff the other guys that worked there did I just couldent believe. They had a guy that hardly knew how to drive a manual parking an R8 grinding the gears.... I quit that jobs 3 months in

Old 03-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yuckooo13. Now that's respect +111

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
I worked as a valet for a few months and got to drive all kinds if cool cars Audi R8's Ferraris Porsche's lots of nice mustangs and camaros and some of the stuff the other guys that worked there did I just couldent believe. They had a guy that hardly knew how to drive a manual parking an R8 grinding the gears.... I quit that jobs 3 months in
Company's have no standards anymore especially in the car area of work..
Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I would call ford up and complain to them about their service, might get some new free stuff! And from a business perspective, they will for sure contact them about your incident

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Wish i could hear the other side of the story
+1
DigitalBman is offline   Reply With Quote