Bad Ford Dealers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Bad Ford Dealers

So last week on my bday, since i had the day off, i went to Ford and got a new hub bearing installed. They fixed the problem but messed up my new rims! Its not that bad but when they installed the lugs they scratched the outer area.
They said to get a quote to paint them, but no shop can guarantee they match the paint.
Mind you they scratched it once before and these rims are 500 a pop.
What would you guys do in my shoes? Make them pay for a new rim or just leave it alone, its not that bad but man i just got these and im not rich!
Plus! I have an appointment on the 27 to do my front lca which went bad and im honestly scared theyll **** it up more.
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Here is the images of my front 2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130324_165305.png
Views:	168
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	98097



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130324_165251.png
Views:	179
Size:	421.7 KB
ID:	98096
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
tonyd01gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ayden
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,065
If the dealer will pay for new rim. Then get them to order a rim. as you stated at $500 a pop . A lot of money.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd01gt View Post
If the dealer will pay for new rim. Then get them to order a rim. as you stated at $500 a pop . A lot of money.
I dont think they're going to give me 1k bro honestly
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Make them retouch them. Otherwise you won't get anything. You could try to file a small claims suit, but as they still function and the minor damage doesn't keep them from still being used, a lot of time for nothing.

Get some polishing compound and see if you can buff it out.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Make them retouch them. Otherwise you won't get anything. You could try to file a small claims suit, but as they still function and the minor damage doesn't keep them from still being used, a lot of time for nothing.

Get some polishing compound and see if you can buff it out.
Cant buff it because the paint is chipped to the metal not scractched
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
It sucks to say but I doubt u will get anything from them. I can see that happening to me if I do anything at a Ford dealer near me, they're not careful at all, they don't look at my car any different than a Fiesta and they won't be extra careful. Most likely that's just the consequence of taking it there, anytime I take my car anywhere, where they have to remove my wheels or do anything suspension related, I just go to where I got my wheels... They specialize in doing that stuff and they work on exotic cars all the time vs. a plain ole Ford dealer which sees a clean Mustang once in a blue... I'm biased, I don't like Ford dealers touching my car :-/
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
It sucks to say but I doubt u will get anything from them. I can see that happening to me if I do anything at a Ford dealer near me, they're not careful at all, they don't look at my car any different than a Fiesta and they won't be extra careful. Most likely that's just the consequence of taking it there, anytime I take my car anywhere, where they have to remove my wheels or do anything suspension related, I just go to where I got my wheels... They specialize in doing that stuff and they work on exotic cars all the time vs. a plain ole Ford dealer which sees a clean Mustang once in a blue... I'm biased, I don't like Ford dealers touching my car :-/
Yeah dude they ****ing don't care, they said they'll pay for damages, just to bring a quote, but man its ****ing ridiculous.
Do they need remove my wheels to change the front lcas
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Yeah dude they ****ing don't care, they said they'll pay for damages, just to bring a quote, but man its ****ing ridiculous.
Do they need remove my wheels to change the front lcas
What was the problem with your hub bearing? Do you mean wheel bearing? I think I have a wheel bearing going bad.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
OzzyLiriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

What was the problem with your hub bearing? Do you mean wheel bearing? I think I have a wheel bearing going bad.
Dude you can call me and ill explain its really hard to explain here lol, but my car sounded like it had a bad tire, when i changed both my tires and rims, i knew it was something else
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Dude you can call me and ill explain its really hard to explain here lol, but my car sounded like it had a bad tire, when i changed both my tires and rims, i knew it was something else
Ok I'll call you tomorrow.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Yeah dude they ****ing don't care, they said they'll pay for damages, just to bring a quote, but man its ****ing ridiculous.
Do they need remove my wheels to change the front lcas
Yea U do have to remove it... Makes it much easier to do
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.