Let me clear the air here. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Texas
Let me clear the air here.

First and foremost, some might remember we use to sponsor this forum. I have helped plenty of people here. We left on good terms IMO with the site owner. I still visit this forum from time to time to see whats going now.

Now onto the real reason I am here. I work in the web and social media department for LatemodelRestoration.com. I was emailed a link about some things that were being said by a few people. Went to the track today

We do not "sponsor" McQueen. We actually don't have ANY "sponsored" race cars. I know who he is, and what his account looks like. McQueen does buy parts from us. We do not give them to him for free. Now, I have never talked to him personally, nor have I ever helped him out. Jeff is the guy that takes care of that. He sent us some pictures of his car at the track, so we made a post about him and his car on our Facebook page.

We value the business from each and every person that spends their hard earned money with us. We never bash anyone, and thank everyone that does business with us. If it wasn't for you guys, we wouldn't be able to keep our lights on, much less sponsor forums.

If anyone has any questions about all of this, post them up. Ill answer them. If you want to PM me about it, you can do that as well.

Thanks,
Jarrod
Jarrod@latemodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
I stumbled upon that thread and it was a nasty one. But nothing said would change my opinion of LMR. I bought my staggered 18 inch Bullitt wheel and tire package from LMR, I am very happy with the quality of the product and the customer service was first rate. Late Model Restoration is a great company, and I look forward to doing business with them in the future.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1075 View Post
I stumbled upon that thread and it was a nasty one. But nothing said would change my opinion of LMR. I bought my staggered 18 inch Bullitt wheel and tire package from LMR, I am very happy with the quality of the product and the customer service was first rate. Late Model Restoration is a great company, and I look forward to doing business with them in the future.
+1...I do gotta say I'm a bit upset there not an ME sponsor anymore, always did business with AM, but LMR has been my new go to the past few weeks, and from the great CS, quick shipping, great prices, and quality products, they're my new GO-TO for my mustang parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i wish we had discount codes from LM

theres alot of parts on my checklist on LM

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
i wish we had discount codes from LM

theres alot of parts on my checklist on LM
Arghhh me too +100000...COME BACK TO ME LMR!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod@latemodel View Post
First and foremost, some might remember we use to sponsor this forum. I have helped plenty of people here. We left on good terms IMO with the site owner. I still visit this forum from time to time to see whats going now.

Now onto the real reason I am here. I work in the web and social media department for LatemodelRestoration.com. I was emailed a link about some things that were being said by a few people. Went to the track today

We do not "sponsor" McQueen. We actually don't have ANY "sponsored" race cars. I know who he is, and what his account looks like. McQueen does buy parts from us. We do not give them to him for free. Now, I have never talked to him personally, nor have I ever helped him out. Jeff is the guy that takes care of that. He sent us some pictures of his car at the track, so we made a post about him and his car on our Facebook page.

We value the business from each and every person that spends their hard earned money with us. We never bash anyone, and thank everyone that does business with us. If it wasn't for you guys, we wouldn't be able to keep our lights on, much less sponsor forums.

If anyone has any questions about all of this, post them up. Ill answer them. If you want to PM me about it, you can do that as well.

Thanks,
Jarrod
That does restore some faith in your company.

Thanks for validating that one (maybe 2) ME members were flat out liars and were misrepresenting you.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

We are on many mustang forums. Anything from S197forum to Corral. I don't want to take anything away from Mustang Evolution since we are no longer a sponsor here. If you are on any of those forums, check our vendor section to see what all is posted.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We are on many mustang forums. Anything from S197forum to Corral. I don't want to take anything away from Mustang Evolution since we are no longer a sponsor here. If you are on any of those forums, check our vendor section to see what all is posted.
Thanks Jarrod
Old 04-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Thanks Jarrod
No problem man!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

No problem man!
Thanks for this thread that means a lot I have to say there's always going to be some bad apples out there that will give a company a bad image. I have to say after reading this it has restored my faith in LMR I do order parts from you guys and will continue to do so!

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Why the hell do people lie? Its a waste of breath or typing lol. If your not sponsored, your not sponsored lol. LMR sponsor me, I need everything lol. It takes a real man to say he was wrong......waiting......
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

I didn't read every post that was made in that thread, but I read most of it. I'm not saying McQueen is a bad guy or anything (I don't know him, nor have I ever helped him when he has bought parts from us), but I have a different view of the word "sponsor".

If someone is paying me or giving me free product, paying for my race fee's, hotel room, gas or whatever it might be, that is being a "sponsored" car. He might very well be sponsored by another company, but we don't have any sponsored guys out there running a full circuit.

I am not here to bash him. I think McQueen has a pretty sweet car actually. Sure, he runs our windshield banner, and we made a post about him on our Facebook. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I didn't read every post that was made in that thread, but I read most of it. I'm not saying McQueen is a bad guy or anything (I don't know him, nor have I ever helped him when he has bought parts from us), but I have a different view of the word "sponsor".

If someone is paying me or giving me free product, paying for my race fee's, hotel room, gas or whatever it might be, that is being a "sponsored" car. He might very well be sponsored by another company, but we don't have any sponsored guys out there running a full circuit.

I am not here to bash him. I think McQueen has a pretty sweet car actually. Sure, he runs our windshield banner, and we made a post about him on our Facebook. Nothing wrong with that at all.
No but his attitude towards members here has been less than up to par, and when he has spent months along with his buddy claiming you guys sponsor them, I am sure you can see why some people felt it looked bad for your company.

I am sorry this turned into such a mess for your company and me pushing him as hard as I did, but I felt someone claiming a sponsorship shouldn't act the way he did.

Thank you for stepping in here and clearing the air. I think you showed a lot of us his true character.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I have nothing but good things to say about LRS and their team. I am a staff member on Central Texas Stangs and we sometimes do group parts runs to LRS. They have been very hospitable to us and the people who we bring along. Karson is who I have dealt with in the past and I can say he went more than out of his way to refund my money in a timely manner (45 minutes to be exact) when I received my Kooks LTs without the Jethot coating I requested.

Signed,
Nothin but love for LRS.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I as well appreciate a company that is stand up and step forward. To know that it meant enough to the company to issue a statement, means a lot to all who were thrown back by comments made.

Apologies to the company as we have now learned these people do not represent you or your company. The initial statements from other parties were to make people believe otherwise.

I know most of us guys work as hard as we possibly can for everything we have, not just our cars.

I have a renewed respect for Late Model Restoration and will pass along the information regarding how stand up and straight forward the company has been.

Thank you for your time.
-Steve
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar