March Metal Madness Championship Round - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
This is it, the final round that will decide what the best Metal album of all time is (for 2013). The two champs are Dream Theater and their masterpiece "Images and Words". On the other side is Metallica and their badass "Master of Puppets" album. Get in there and vote. It ends tomorrow at 10AM.

This is some good info I found. Spot on IMO. "Just my take as a musician for 27+ years.... this is the wrong album by DT to be entered into a metal contest. They have albums that are much more metal. Dream Theater is much less pop culture than Metallica as shown in having 10x less fans on Facebook. Metallica currently only has 2x more votes than DT, which in simple math terms shows that DT fans are about 5x more loyal. Metallica had my respect up until the Black Album or so. After Cliff died their songwriting quality went way down. Master of Puppets is a great album. Images and words is a ground breaking album. When you go see Metallica... it is a concert. When you go see DT... it is a phenomenon to witness some of the greatest musicians on the planet all rolled up into one band. Any knowledgable musician will tell you that every player in DT is way better than the respective players in Metallica. Master of Puppets more metal than Images and Words... Yes, but DT's most metal material stands up to it. By the age of 18 I could play most Metallica material. To this day, much Dream Theater material is still challenging. More talented band = Dream Theater by a landslide"
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar