So I'm startin to like my car. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
So I'm startin to like my car.

I've had my car since October 2012 and I'm starting to like it. I've never been a fan of the mullet generation mustangs but when I started to look for a car this one was the best and it met most of my requirements. I wanted something with a big motor that was old, impractical, and that I could take up to Canada and at least get my money back out of it. Well, it doesn't have as big of a motor as I hoped but it is a v8, and it isn't as old or impractical as I hoped, but it kinda was and I'll be able to get my money back out of it in Canada. Anyways, as soon as I bought it I've been trying to either trade it for something else, or sell it for more than I bought it for. I've looked at an old mustang with the 351w, an old thunderbird with a 390, a newer gmc Sonoma, a mg midget, an old supercharged chevelle and I've found that nothing is as good as my car. An that's why I'm starting to like it. It is a rust free, v8, t-tops car that I have had absolutely no trouble with. It is going to need a new wheel bearing before this summer, but whatever. It does need to be repainted, but before I do that I need to get new hatch and I would like to get a new cowl hood, a saleen wing a new front bumper and that grill thing. That might take a while though because all the money I get is from my little car detailing business which I'm lucky to get 3 cars a week. If anybody knows where I could get a saleen wing cheap that'd be great!
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Montana
I like your car too. What is cool is it is not the same as every other car coming down the street but it is still a stang! I would keep it looking original but make it haul, but it is your car. Treat it well and love it!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm gonna keep the og parts, I just wanna make it mine.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Turn it into a beast and everyone will love it ... I love oldie but goodies it shows true class ... I'm just addicted to the s197's and the 13' models
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Turn it into a beast and everyone will love it ... I love oldie but goodies it shows true class ... I'm just addicted to the s197's and the 13' models
Haha same here! In 05 when I saw the newly redesigned Mustang, my heart skipped a few beats, my jaw dropped to the floor, and I said, I want this car! I dreamt about the (orange-yellow) GT/CS convertible with exhaust, and black leather. I didn't know anything about the car other than factory specs!

As it turns out I ended up with an 06 Red, and double tan, and a V6 pony package I really spent too much on it.

But it's amazing when you get in a Mustang your part of a family, and you start to appreciate the Mustang II and the Fox. It's amazing to own a slice of history. The longest running production car in history. 50 years

So I feel where you're at. I'll always own a Mustang. Even for it being a slower than new V6 when I'm not driving it, I can't stand it.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Haha same here! In 05 when I saw the newly redesigned Mustang, my heart skipped a few beats, my jaw dropped to the floor, and I said, I want this car! I dreamt about the (orange-yellow) GT/CS convertible with exhaust, and black leather. I didn't know anything about the car other than factory specs!

As it turns out I ended up with an 06 Red, and double tan, and a V6 pony package I really spent too much on it.

But it's amazing when you get in a Mustang your part of a family, and you start to appreciate the Mustang II and the Fox. It's amazing to own a slice of history. The longest running production car in history. 50 years

So I feel where you're at. I'll always own a Mustang. Even for it being a slower than new V6 when I'm not driving it, I can't stand it.
Yea I felt the same way in 05', I finally saved up enough to get an 08' haven't looked back since. Once she's paid for I'm keeping it, maybe pass it down to my future son or daughter hahahahaha . Then I'm getting another stang till the day I die...
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar