Texas Soldier Arrested for ‘Rudely Displaying’ Weapon - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Texas Soldier Arrested for ‘Rudely Displaying’ Weapon

Texas Soldier Arrested for ‘Rudely Displaying’ Weapon | National Review Online

What kind of bull**** world is this when we get arrested for following the law

I truly hope the LE that is on here is as truly disgusted as I (and I am sure fellow veterans/service members) are. Personally I believe the LE involved in this incident should be fired. NEVER is LE exempt from the law, I don't care what rank. Even the President has to follow it, so why they would say something like that makes no sense to me.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I'm disgusted because I am a veteran and a volunteer officer trying to become a paid officer... His pride was hurt so he arrested him... I really hope he is sued for this
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I swear ppl are so ignorant I can Hear the idiot who called in on him Now ..." There's a guy carrying a "assault weapon " bc it's black with things attached to it and its scary looking " omg plz arrest him it pisses me off the idiotic democrats use the recent tragedy to control us when Adam Lanza NEVER !!! EVER used a ar-15 to kill those kids I swear the ignorance of liberals rant over lol oh and thanks for your service ^
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I agree. if you look at the statistics, the majority of gun violence is committed with a handgun. NOT a rifle. And anyone who's ever been in the military, it's only an 'assault rifle' if it has burst/full auto. Nothing the LEGAL public can get ahold of is 'assault' anything. the whole gun control thing is BULL. The cop better be glad the guy didnt have bad PTSD, you NEVER just TAKE a weapon from someone, let alone a vet. BAD BAD BAD juju

LCMC Member
Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
I swear ppl are so ignorant I can Hear the idiot who called in on him Now ..." There's a guy carrying a "assault weapon " bc it's black with things attached to it and its scary looking " omg plz arrest him it pisses me off the idiotic democrats use the recent tragedy to control us when Adam Lanza NEVER !!! EVER used a ar-15 to kill those kids I swear the ignorance of liberals rant over lol oh and thanks for your service ^
Thanks... Yes the media has footage of them taking the assault rifle ( ak47) I believe it is out of the car in the parking lot... The kids ( if there were any ) were shot with pistols... I say this because I did my research and there is evidence pounding to this being a conspiracy... Look up the YouTube videos if sandy hook conspiracy... You can see a father who's little girl died laughing a few seconds before a press conference then forcing himself to cry... That's not the behavior of a parent who had his daughter killed... Anyways I'm gonna stop rambling...
Aruiz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm really not into the whole conspiracy thing. but what I know of what obama has done (something about killing americans on home soil, and the gun rights thing ofc, and a few others) I would not put it past them. He has fought so hard to infringe on our constitutional rights that i could see him setting this up with the gun control advocates. Just like, for instance, there is information coming out that they are trying to blame the 2nd amendment advocates for the bombing in boston. My thoughs "ARE YOU FU***NG KIDDING ME?"

LCMC Member
Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
All the ID*OT boy had to do was hand him the rifle. Let him run the serial number to make sure it wasn't stolen. Check his ID to make sure there weren't any warrants out and down the road he will go.
People wonder why they get themselves in trouble when they display such an attitude.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

except the cop didnt do that, the cop didn't ask to see the rifle, nor any documentation. the cop just tried to take the rifle. judging from your response you just watched the video. Sorry but if I was him and a cop just reached out and grabbed my weapon without warning I'd probably be a bit pissed off too.

Thats what the guy was trying to get across to the Sgt, was that he just tried to snatch the weapon from him, that if he had simply asked for the rifle he would have handed it over

but in this day and age people are to quick to react. Scares me to think, how long is it going to take before a guy like this gets shot just for turning around (like a cop asks) just because he's holding an 'assault' rifle...

LCMC Member
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I dunno, my opinion may be a minority here, but it says clearly that the cop asked the guy, what are you doing with that rifle, and the guy was kind of a smart *** about it. "well what does it matter." sure the cop should have asked for him to disarm instead of reaching to take the gun. But yeah. You should really know not to ever fight against an officer. Especially when a gun is involved.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

i'll give you the whole being a smartass thing, but still....to be arrested?

LCMC Member
Old 04-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
i'll give you the whole being a smartass thing, but still....to be arrested?
Dude can you imagine the complete chaos and stupidity a cop sees on a daily basis, gun control or not permit or not he can't just let a guy walk down the road with an "assault rifle". He doesn't know who you are or what your intentions are, how do you expect him to react? All I'm saying is he can't assume he's not a threat until he feels safe. If I was a cop I'd do they same thing if somebody was carrying that *****...
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post

Dude can you imagine the complete chaos and stupidity a cop sees on a daily basis, gun control or not permit or not he can't just let a guy walk down the road with an "assault rifle". He doesn't know who you are or what your intentions are, how do you expect him to react? All I'm saying is he can't assume he's not a threat until he feels safe. If I was a cop I'd do they same thing if somebody was carrying that *****...
I agree that the cop was right in stopping him but then they went too far in arresting the guy. He was cooperating with them and trying to explain what happened to the sgt and they didn't really wanna hear any of it.
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Still doesn't give the cop the right to claim that the law doesnt apply to them and crap like that. stupid **** or not, in this country you're innocent until proven guilty, and now he's going to have to fight the court system for no reason, all because he was doing something legally.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric e View Post
I agree that the cop was right in stopping him but then they went too far in arresting the guy. He was cooperating with them and trying to explain what happened to the sgt and they didn't really wanna hear any of it.
please don't miss understand. I agree completely that he has a right to stop him, that I'm not contesting. What pisses me off is the fact they they didn't just ask for the weapon, he just tried to take it. That is no way to treat a law abiding citizen. secondly, nowhere in there was he trying to be threatening, the cop had absolutely NO reason to fear for his life.

LCMC Member
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

please don't miss understand. I agree completely that he has a right to stop him, that I'm not contesting. What pisses me off is the fact they they didn't just ask for the weapon, he just tried to take it. That is no way to treat a law abiding citizen. secondly, nowhere in there was he trying to be threatening, the cop had absolutely NO reason to fear for his life.
No I totally agree with you! That cop was way out of line. They knew he messed up and were trying to find some kind of excuse for the cop.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
No I totally agree with you! That cop was way out of line. They knew he messed up and were trying to find some kind of excuse for the cop.
yea, and like I said before, Its a damn good thing the guy didn't have PTSD. (or at least not have it under control) To be an Iraq and Afgan vet, people come back from there pretty screwed up, no telling how much worse that could have been...

LCMC Member
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

How does he know he's a law abiding citizen from first glance ? At any given moment he could turn that gun on him, I thought it was a concealed handgun law this guy is walkin up the road with an assault rifle in plain sight WTF? I'm not arguing, but I don't understand how some scream about gun control and losing rights when his tone was not calm with the officer he's asking to get jack with... Everyone knows when your being a smart ***, cops will give you a hard time regardless
Old 04-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

it is not illegal to open carry a rifle........first off. an AR-15, AR-10 is also a common hunting rifle, by your logic you cant go hunting in texas....because you can walk down the road with a RIFLE, NOT an assault rifle. An AR-15 IS NOT an assault rifle, but the cop didn't give him a chance. Even though the guy did what was asked of him, he was still treated like a criminal for doing NOTHING wrong. Again, there is nothing illegal about walking down the road in texas with a rifle....

LCMC Member
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
How dare that fat bastard touch a soldier like that with such disrespect and violate his rights as an American and a war hero doing nothing wrong. This country I was born in disgraces me with pieces of **** like that treating people who protect turds like that so they can eat a hot dog and donut in peace.

I know everybody will have assumptions about what I just wrote. It's called freedom of speech. Which will also be taken away from us soon with this administration.

It hurts when you see stuff like that.

I've served my country as a US Marine Aviator and Combat Veteran. I've also been a LEO and a Firefighter Helicopter Rescue Pilot.

So for those of you that sit at home at mom and dads house and play Nintendo and think about Mary Jane Rotten Crotch...... Save it! I don't wanna hear you cry that guns should be banned in the US.

Sorry, but that's my PTSD kicking in.

God Bless our Troops.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog
How dare that fat bastard touch a soldier like that with such disrespect and violate his rights as an American and a war hero doing nothing wrong. This country I was born in disgraces me with pieces of **** like that treating people who protect turds like that so they can eat a hot dog and dognut in peace.

I know everybody will have assumptions about what I just wrote. It's called freedom of speech. Which will also be taken away from us soon with this administration.

I've served my country as a US Marine Aviator and Combat Veteran. I've also been a LEO and a Firefighter Helicopter Rescue Pilot.

So for those of you that sit at home at mom and dads house and play Nintendo and think about Mary Jane Rotten Crotch...... Save it! I don't wanna hear you cry that guns should be banned in the US.

God Bless our Troops.
I like what you say, only because you quoted Full Metal Jacket. Heres my opinion on things. People All have the right of freedom of speech. And i think we, as americans, are all now just starting to realize this fact. I'm American born and bread, and i love my Country. So don't take this the wrong way, but Most Americans are really stupid. Like. When you have a whole bunch of morons, all embracing something like freedom of speech, things get out of hand really quick. All you need is one moron who is Loud enough, and soon, other morons are liable to start following. We as a country, are incredibly ignorant. And most of us realize in this day in age, that we do have the freedom of free speech. But what we don't realize, is we also have the right to remain silent. Just because you "can" say something, doesn't mean you should.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I am all for guns and the right to own them and carry them and i am 100% behind our troops but if a cop sees a guy walking down the road with a rifle like that and when the cop tried to grab it and the guy resisted and went to grab the gun i see that as being a problem. I understand the its a totally different world during war but its here in america where there has been multiply shootings the cop has a right to apprehensive about this situation and if the guy isn't doing anything illegal and has no reason for being afraid of cops then whats wrong with just answering a few questions ? I don't agree with how the cops handled the situation but it seems like the whole thing could have been avoided
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I call bullsi!t on this. So now every hunter & their sons should be prepared to have police forcefully try to disarm them?

The perp did have an attitude. Had he been polite, this most likely would have ended differently.

I believe that it is entirely possible that the US govt is responsible in some way for the Boston bombing. I see Obama working very hard to try to frighten & disarm citizens. Makes me wonder if this is to make the transition to martial law easier.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
I am all for guns and the right to own them and carry them and i am 100% behind our troops but if a cop sees a guy walking down the road with a rifle like that and when the cop tried to grab it and the guy resisted and went to grab the gun i see that as being a problem. I understand the its a totally different world during war but its here in america where there has been multiply shootings the cop has a right to apprehensive about this situation and if the guy isn't doing anything illegal and has no reason for being afraid of cops then whats wrong with just answering a few questions ? I don't agree with how the cops handled the situation but it seems like the whole thing could have been avoided
In the video the guy said the cop never asked him any questions until the sgt got there
Old 04-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

And the officer used very poor judgement assessing the situation. A father & son walking in a somewhat rural area with a rifle. I would say that the intentions would be more questionable if they were in downtown Dallas. But a father & son in the country? This cop is a moron! He should be reprimanded!

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
Again. The cop had no right to reach out and snatch the gun though. Ask for it? Yes. Question him? Yes. But again. I don't care if your the president, you don't reach for my gun without warning, you're liable to be shot because o see that as an act of aggression and a threat towards my life

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
How dare that fat bastard touch a soldier like that with such disrespect and violate his rights as an American and a war hero doing nothing wrong. This country I was born in disgraces me with pieces of **** like that treating people who protect turds like that so they can eat a hot dog and donut in peace.

God Bless our Troops.
+100

And thanks for serving. I can't believe vets get treated like this. Don't know if you read this, but he's not the first in that area eithee

LCMC Member
Old 04-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post

God Bless our Troops.
Holy ***** dude, "I say again" how does the cop know this man served in the armed forces? This guy gets up every morning and doesn't know if he's coming back to his wife or family once he heads out the door. The guy never said im in the military, he has no medals on, no gear, just an assault rifle + a red banana + *****ty sunglasses while walkin down the road with and underage boycott "yea that looks normal". I respect the troops, but saying you served doesn't make you hero there's good and bad everywhere. really its doing the right thing that is honorable and helping others in their time of need is what makes you a hero. but the whole freedom of speech rant is old cause half of these jack asses don't know how to utilize it correctly without political agenda or insulting someone they know ***** about...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Again. The cop had no right to reach out and snatch the gun though. Ask for it? Yes. Question him? Yes. But again. I don't care if your the president, you don't reach for my gun without warning, you're liable to be shot because o see that as an act of aggression and a threat towards my life

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

+100

And thanks for serving. I can't believe vets get treated like this. Don't know if you read this, but he's not the first in that area eithee
I agree with that, the cop should if said something but it seems like this whole thing could have be avoided easily
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The cop should not have grabbed the gun. Period. Even though the man was doing nothing wrong just carrying it, if anything the cop should have simply asked him to disarm. He is stupid for trying to grab a gun from a soldier, of course instincts are going to kick in.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
texas