Ecigs vs. cigs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ecigs vs. cigs

Any smokers out there doing the big switch to electronic cigarettes i did it to quit smoking well guess what it worked for me after 9 years of smoking but now im hooked on Ecigs but not as much but every now and then i quit last may and it will be a year this may and only had three Ecigs so far, and yes i am smoking one as im texting this so lets get this going and help put an end to harmful smoke
Tork6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I smoked one of those disposable cigarettes, and it felt like i was smoking a toy. I'm 21 now, been smoking since i was 15, and i'm sort of interested in an E-cigarette after all these years. But i have no idea what they are really. Are they filled with nicotine? Do they smell like smoke?
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
No smoke smell its only vapor. And they come in different nicotine levels to none at all, it's a liquid. Plus you can get different flavors with certain brands. I have the Blu one
Outlawmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawmack
No smoke smell its only vapor. And they come in different nicotine levels to none at all, it's a liquid. Plus you can get different flavors with certain brands. I have the Blu one
Yup your rite and also depends on what brand u buy u can just save the part you throw away and buy the liquid ( comes in different flavors ) and refill them so u save money .. So far i saved more money on this then reg cigs and great if your trying to quit but im kinda hooked just cuz i like to smoke really but not every day now
Tork6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I quit smoking for over a year, i got hardcore into "vaping" purchased the best e cig money can buy, the "proVari", you can set the voltage (heat) that the nic juice burns at, i went back to cigs evetually , now that almost 300$ (at the time) e cig sits in my draw, ive been thinking about placing a big order to get back into it soon..for anyone interested i highly suggest joining the forum ECF, you'll learn anything and everything e cig related there, i was avery active member for awhile.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had one about a year back. Smoked for years then tried the e-cig to help me quit. Took about 9 months of slowly lowering my nicotine levels then a little longer to drop the habit of having it all the time. I will admit that when I have a bad day or something and I want a smoke I grab the e-cig with no nicotine and it still has a calming effect. It is purely a mental thing but it helps keep me from going back the tobacco. I have the totally wicked brand, think it cost around $100 a year or two ago
Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I thought about trying ecigs, I hate the smell of them but love menthol cigs. The wife and co workers grill me everyday about quitting, I went to smoking 2 cigars a day for about two months to cut back smoking so much. Fell off the wagon lately though but it's like anytime I'm taking care of my ride (waxing, mods,) I want a smoke to kill time. But I hate hate hate the smell "go figure"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I used to smoke cigarettes too, switched about a year and a Half ago for the ecigs. They r helping out pretty good and I started to decrease the nicotine level and I'm smoking less and less. IMO I think they r good to stop quitting, u just have to want to quit otherwise u will get hooked on them too..
Vicello93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
I thought about trying ecigs, I hate the smell of them but love menthol cigs. The wife and co workers grill me everyday about quitting, I went to smoking 2 cigars a day for about two months to cut back smoking so much. Fell off the wagon lately though but it's like anytime I'm taking care of my ride (waxing, mods,) I want a smoke to kill time. But I hate hate hate the smell "go figure"
You probably know this, but the cigar is not that great of a trade. Your probably not smoking coheba's all the time but one if those can easily have more tobacco than a whole pack of smokes. The longer grain tobacco also produces a thicker smoke that has more tar and carcinogens (things that contribute to cancer).

I was a menthol guy myself and found the menthol e-cig to be nice. I also found a guy that makes his own flavors and sells the liquid. I always bought the flavor, nicotine, and poly-glycol (filler that creates vapor) separately and then mixed my own. I got pretty hooked on spearmint of all things and would start my day with a mix of coffee and spearmint flavor. It was delicious and smelled amazing. I'm totally serious too, the flavors are usually concentrates used for candy and you thin it out with the glycol so you can imagine all the flavors that there can be...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar