Rice or nice? - Page 157 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #5461
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Because putting Halloween decorations on a $60,000 car is tacky.
Literally laughed out loud. Thank you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #5462
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Because putting Halloween decorations on a $60,000 car is tacky.

Well I'm putting em on a $4000 car that would match it so I guess I'm good

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t351203/

OfficialMakkyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #5463
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Why?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #5464
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	157908
Too much yellow?
Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #5465
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialMakkyZ View Post
Well I'm putting em on a $4000 car that would match it so I guess I'm good

Man.. You should just save your money!..
Instead of adding more ricey stuff to your car.. why don't you use the money and de rice it and make it nice?..
The transformer crap, rear bumper cover, tail lights... rim center caps.. I could go on.... and then the eyes if you buy them.. uggh cluttered with crap
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #5466
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangholio View Post
Attachment 157908

Too much yellow?

Rims I yellow make it too much yellow. Solid black rims would be much better.
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #5467
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
Man.. You should just save your money!..
Instead of adding more ricey stuff to your car.. why don't you use the money and de rice it and make it nice?..
The transformer crap, rear bumper cover, tail lights... rim center caps.. I could go on.... and then the eyes if you buy them.. uggh cluttered with crap

I +1000 this.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #5468
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
I +1000 this.

I dunno, I've really only gotten negative feedback from you two and a few people states away on Facebook. No one I've asked thinks it's "ricey" or "cluttered", especially since it has a legitimate theme.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #5469
Registered Member
Regular

Besides, everything I've done to it matches each other, so it all flows together. I removed the stripe and instead exchanged it for a fresh wax job. I could see why the stripe might make it seem more cluttered or even ricey. But now it's gone. Regardless, why does it matter if it's muscle or not? Sad truth is, unless it's a cobra or similar, it's ****ty on a track. I'm a ford guy forever, don't get me wrong. But I choose to appreciate the looks of a car based on if it LOOKS GOOD, not if other people think it's muscle or rice. That's just another way to separate us as mustang enthusiasts.

Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not driving a speckled green stang with giant 26" green metallic rims. THAT is rice to me. But just because I put a sticker on my car and paint a 3" circle on my rims to match, doesn't make my car look any more "rice" or look like anything less than the 99-04's we all know and love. My son and I both love transformers, and bond over the games, movies, and classic shows. So if I want make the car look like his own big red transformer, I'm going to do it. Sorry if that's too "rice" for ya, since it seems to matter so much. And yes I used black head and tail lights. They look absolutely great and I don't regret it at all.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just sick of getting on these threads to learn more about mustangs, chat with other enthusiasts, and learn some new tricks, and instead getting blasted because my mustang isn't cool enough, when I take a lot of pride into the work I put into my car, and the work I've yet to put into it. I understand scrutiny and criticism, but telling me to remove everything I've done to the car is only going to leave me with a plain stang. Which is great and all, but I prefer to stay unique to a certain degree. I think that's what makes this community great, and keeps me on the threads instead of just ending up as another picture someone took on the side of the road to make fun of my car.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #5470
beardless wonder
Staff

Quote:
Besides, everything I've done to it matches each other, so it all flows together. I removed the stripe and instead exchanged it for a fresh wax job. I could see why the stripe might make it seem more cluttered or even ricey. But now it's gone. Regardless, why does it matter if it's muscle or not? Sad truth is, unless it's a cobra or similar, it's ****ty on a track. I'm a ford guy forever, don't get me wrong. But I choose to appreciate the looks of a car based on if it LOOKS GOOD, not if other people think it's muscle or rice. That's just another way to separate us as mustang enthusiasts.

Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not driving a speckled green stang with giant 26" green metallic rims. THAT is rice to me. But just because I put a sticker on my car and paint a 3" circle on my rims to match, doesn't make my car look any more "rice" or look like anything less than the 99-04's we all know and love. My son and I both love transformers, and bond over the games, movies, and classic shows. So if I want make the car look like his own big red transformer, I'm going to do it. Sorry if that's too "rice" for ya, since it seems to matter so much. And yes I used black head and tail lights. They look absolutely great and I don't regret it at all.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just sick of getting on these threads to learn more about mustangs, chat with other enthusiasts, and learn some new tricks, and instead getting blasted because my mustang isn't cool enough, when I take a lot of pride into the work I put into my car, and the work I've yet to put into it. I understand scrutiny and criticism, but telling me to remove everything I've done to the car is only going to leave me with a plain stang. Which is great and all, but I prefer to stay unique to a certain degree. I think that's what makes this community great, and keeps me on the threads instead of just ending up as another picture someone took on the side of the road to make fun of my car.
It's your car so don't pay any attention 👍👍👍👍
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #5471
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I couldn't find an image of your vehicle on the mobile application. It can't be too bad.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:46 AM   #5472
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I couldn't find an image of your vehicle on the mobile application. It can't be too bad.

Sent from my XT1049 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I'll post updated pics later today

Old 05-28-2014, 08:13 AM   #5473
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd85 View Post
Each spoiler adds 10+ horsepower

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Looks Photoshopped to me. I certainly hope it is.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #5474
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Well said man !
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:11 PM   #5475
Registered Member
Regular

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1604768_661893213884430_7677382192233867318_n.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	158056  
Old 05-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #5476

Quote:
Thats rice.
VoodooKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:47 AM   #5477
Registered Member
Regular

This is my baby, Gun metal grey plasti dip. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1401367534295.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	158077  
94 GT 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 AM   #5478
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 GT 5.0 View Post
I personally have never been a fan of matte or satin greys because they look too much like primer to me.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #5479
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: North Carolina
I'm not a fan as well. It looks like the clear coat stage was skipped. I do like the ghost stripes effect you can get with matte & satin finishes. For example, subtile, nearly body color stripes, work for me. To each his own though. To paraphrase many, it's our cars, we do what we want. How much fun would it be if all our cars looked the same?
twk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #5480
Registered Member
Regular

the 94-98 mustang just looks crappy to me no matter what you do...
Reminds me of like a chevy cavalier or sunfire or something...
It just reminds me of something that seems cheap small crappy lol
Old 05-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #5481
beardless wonder
Staff

So much for being mustang enthusiasts. Pretty sad actually.
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #5482
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
the 94-98 mustang just looks crappy to me no matter what you do...
Reminds me of like a chevy cavalier or sunfire or something...
It just reminds me of something that seems cheap small crappy lol
I prefer 94-98 over 05 and up
UNDERWORLD778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #5483
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
So much for being mustang enthusiasts. Pretty sad actually.

I agree, very sad.
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #5484
Registered Member
Regular

94 - 98 mustangs have grown on me. Glad i own one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
hd85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #5485
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I actually like it, wheels make it look good.

If you want to see a Chevy Cavalier google pics of a GTO....
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #5486
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401392006605.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	158114

Stencil on the cooler?

I think they look sick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Gotta Have It Green GT 2013 | Recaro | Brembo | Track | 3.73 Rear End | Boss 302 Intake Manifold -Dynatech Long Tube Headers - Magnaflow Full Exhaust & Tru X Pipe 3 - JLT Intake- SCT 91 Tune - BMR Pan Hard Bar - SR Performance Sway Bar Kit - Steeda Strut Bar - MGW Shifter Kit - Hankook RS3 275 Rear - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - Roush Front Lip & Roush Full Side Skirts
Hulk 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #5487
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Usually those "decals" on the cooler, is actually painted on!.. Plus I could easily Rock this Shelby!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #5488
Road Trip!

Quote:

You don't have to explain yourself to people who hate on you over the internet
shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #5489
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks clink, every meet I take it to I always get a crowd to ask me about her and I always get compliments in the street as well. I personally love matte colors, satin not so much but I would definitely rock it if I had the chance. The dip itself does look a lot like primer so I added a little black to it to make it darker. Another plus is that I don't have to worry about some a**hole scratching my car in tight spaces, and if they do.. I have 2 cans at home for touch ups instead of getting a buffer machine and chemicals to take off a scratch

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
94 GT 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #5490
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
More like stay at home dad driver
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2400973725.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	158156  
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #5491
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
More like stay at home dad driver

Kinda feel bad for the completely emasculated guy.
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #5492
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: North Carolina
Ha ha.
If you have to have a sign telling everyone how bad ***, tough, fast, great, whatever, chances are that you are not.
twk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #5493
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 GT 5.0 View Post

Not bad, but it's more of an aluminum color than gun metal grey. Are those tail lights dipped too? I'm on my phone and it's a bit hard to tell. If so, that's pretty damn cool haha

Old 05-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #5494
Registered Member
Regular

Dodge Grand Caravan R/T. If you wanted a 280+ hp van to take your kids to school, the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T is just the car for you. they stuffed the 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T with the new 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine which outputs 283 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of torque. Even more, dodge says the new, and more powerful engine, offers more power for the same fuel consumption
Old 05-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #5495
Registered Member
Regular

Body styles, the 05 to I think like 09 a by far my favorite. I've been looking for an 05 GT for a while. 99-04's come in second, my only issue with them is they need AT LEAST the Mach chin spoiler. That rounded chin just doesn't look great to me. 94-98's have been growing on me lately, been seeing a few that've been modified a lot more often lately. If you don't take care of them, they can quickly become that ****ty, old 90s car that we all hate.
The only stang I can say I really don't like the look of would be the fox bodies. It might be unpopular opinion, I'm not really sure. But I couldn't drive a fox body. But damn, they sure can get it on a track!

And I'm not including the older style like 67's and stuff and also not including the newest models either, because they are both about as sexy as it gets and it's not really fair to compare. Haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar