Dr. Abbott's therapy thread - Page 13 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #421
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Honestly , not to me. I've seen it flip like a light switch.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

It does suck being in a situation like that though
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

tell us about it?
It's like one day they want to marry you and the next they're calling you a whore and all of these vicious things, really shows how much they loved you...
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #422
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Words that are meant to hurt only hurt if u let them. The only reason mean people say mean things is because they know it will affect u. If people stop being affected and not acknowledge the existence of such things, they will stop. Being called a name should not even dignify a response from u. Remember this, if u want things to truly end, only u can make them truly end. Shut them out. Make them disappear. Harsh and outlandish things are only said to get the wow factor and make u respond and react. Stop doing that and poof their gone. Want an ex to be an ex? Treat them like they are in the past not in the future. This goes for everybody. If people verbally bash u, scare u, mistreat u, u can stop them. U do not have to choose to live that way.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #423
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Words that are meant to hurt only hurt if u let them. The only reason mean people say mean things is because they know it will affect u. If people stop being affected and not acknowledge the existence of such things, they will stop. Being called a name should not even dignify a response from u. Remember this, if u want things to truly end, only u can make them truly end. Shut them out. Make them disappear. Harsh and outlandish things are only said to get the wow factor and make u respond and react. Stop doing that and poof their gone. Want an ex to be an ex? Treat them like they are in the past not in the future. This goes for everybody. If people verbally bash u, scare u, mistreat u, u can stop them. U do not have to choose to live that way.
how do you just not let it get to you though doc? i feel when someone says something about me it bothers me or i have to get back. help me out here doc lol i try to act as if they dont exist but people dont stop they never learn they need to grow up but some people are just immature

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #424
Registered Member

Regular

It's simple. U surround urself with people who u know are positive reinforcement. If those people who put u down or say those things about u are the people u hang around, are they really ur friend to begin with? Being a real friend is more than just words or being there when its time for fun. A real friend is there when there is no money and there are no good times to be had.

If people calling us names is what really sets us off in life, we will spend our whole life being angry at someone. If we allow people who say they love us to treat us bad or continually bring us down, who do we really have to blame? Life is too short to hang on to words that are empty. Love and friendship both come with action.

If ur friends and people we love are the same ones the treat us this way, it's time to step back and view our situation.

If these people are not in our inner circle, we simply choose to not associate. Words are only words. Don't be mistaken, I'm not saying let people run all over you. If the people are not friends, let them say their will and move on, the next time, it might just be time to stand up and say, that's not true and move on.

Best rule of thumb. Treat people how we wanna be treated. If angered, take just one second and think. Talk to others how we wanna be talked to.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #425
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
A friend, will come bail you out of jail.

A true friend, will be sitting there beside you, saying, damn that was fun.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #426
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
A friend, will come bail you out of jail.

A true friend, will be sitting there beside you, saying, damn that was fun.
That's exactly right!

It's a hard lesson to learn that not everyone we call a friend will be around. It makes me wonder how many lifelong friends people have. Can u count them on one hand?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #427
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

That's exactly right!

It's a hard lesson to learn that not everyone we call a friend will be around. It makes me wonder how many lifelong friends people have. Can u count them on one hand?
That's a good point
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #428
Registered Member
Regular

And BTW look what the doc ordered
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130602_232238.png
Views:	31
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	111859   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130602_232346.png
Views:	30
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	111863  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130602_232434.png
Views:	27
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	111864  
Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #429
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's simple. U surround urself with people who u know are positive reinforcement. If those people who put u down or say those things about u are the people u hang around, are they really ur friend to begin with? Being a real friend is more than just words or being there when its time for fun. A real friend is there when there is no money and there are no good times to be had.

If people calling us names is what really sets us off in life, we will spend our whole life being angry at someone. If we allow people who say they love us to treat us bad or continually bring us down, who do we really have to blame? Life is too short to hang on to words that are empty. Love and friendship both come with action.

If ur friends and people we love are the same ones the treat us this way, it's time to step back and view our situation.

If these people are not in our inner circle, we simply choose to not associate. Words are only words. Don't be mistaken, I'm not saying let people run all over you. If the people are not friends, let them say their will and move on, the next time, it might just be time to stand up and say, that's not true and move on.

Best rule of thumb. Treat people how we wanna be treated. If angered, take just one second and think. Talk to others how we wanna be talked to.
yes absolutely and this is what i mean. people that are not your friends that do this. people that you were once friends with but talked about you so now you ignore them but they continue to say things behind your back. i act like these people dont exist but it seems to never end.

it gets me personally really mad and i will say something back most of the time other times i just ignore. but thats human nature we feel we must say something back. i was always brought up as you said treat people the way they treat you. if someone is treating me like a pos than i will treat them as such. unfortunately it just angers me in the process and i try to just keep these people out of my life but who knows why they keep popping up, jealousy? or some people just get off on making people mad? i truly dont know

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #430
Registered Member

Regular

U will find that most people who have fun treating people that way, don't find it fun when others don't get bothered by it. Honestly, look at them each and every time it happens and tell them to grow up. It gets easier with age. Sometimes maturity doesn't come to people until life really gives them a wake up call.

Anytime they do that to u, just login and let us know. We will be ur positive reinforcement. They will stop poppin up. Tell them it might have been cute when they were 12 but it's not cute anymore.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
And BTW look what the doc ordered
One for u, one for me, and one for 99?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #431
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
U will find that most people who have fun treating people that way, don't find it fun when others don't get bothered by it. Honestly, look at them each and every time it happens and tell them to grow up. It gets easier with age. Sometimes maturity doesn't come to people until life really gives them a wake up call.

Anytime they do that to u, just login and let us know. We will be ur positive reinforcement. They will stop poppin up. Tell them it might have been cute when they were 12 but it's not cute anymore.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Good advice doc. I don't let people get to me like I used to. You live a way less stressful life when you just let the little things go.

And I got it at Walmart for $168, its $200 at Verizon. And what they don't tell you is when you buy it at Walmart, they are going to give you a $50 gift card ;p
Old 06-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #432
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
How do you guys deal with stress??

Usually when i workout it helps a lot but not all the time and stress is overwhelming me...from full time college, a full time job doing 90+ hours a week and trying to make money for a house with the fiancé. Been crazy lately. Havent had a good nights sleep in awhile and im sure its from the stress of it all. As you can see its almost 2:30am and i get up at 7am everyday but this is a daily thing. 4 hours of sleep a night cant be good...just anything you all do to help with it would be greatly appreciated
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #433
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

Usually when i workout it helps a lot but not all the time and stress is overwhelming me...from full time college, a full time job doing 90+ hours a week and trying to make money for a house with the fiancé. Been crazy lately. Havent had a good nights sleep in awhile and im sure its from the stress of it all. As you can see its almost 2:30am and i get up at 7am everyday but this is a daily thing. 4 hours of sleep a night cant be good...just anything you all do to help with it would be greatly appreciated
I hope everything works out for you I've been there with the 90+ hours a week it drained me till nothing was left. I was working 2 jobs to try and support the family. I think the best thing I had Was music. I learned to play the guitar and its probably the most relaxing thing I've ever done.. Drawing also helps me a LOT even tho I can't draw for **** I just made crazy tatoo type black and white designs whole pages full.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #434
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

Stress is something different for everybody. We all deal with stress in different ways. U have to find what works for u and stick with it. That sounds a lot like me. Full time college, full time job, I have a wife and a daughter with more bills than I care to discuss.

Is she gonna marry u? If yes, that's a stress reliever. Do u have a job? If yes, that's a stress reliever. U got a beautiful car? That's a stress reliever. We gotta stop focusing on what all needs done or has to be done or thinking about tomorrow and think about today. If tomorrow comes to ur mind, push it back and think about today and keep it simple.

U have to turn ur mind off.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #435
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

good advice doc thank you, i feel maybe because im younger (18) it bothers me more than it would if i was older. i have a tendency to let things annoy me very easily..i dont like it or plan on it but it is just who i am. lately i have seem to be better and i act as if people that i dont want in my life simply do not exist and i just ignore them if i see them. people say that is the mature thing to do so i try it

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang17 View Post

good advice doc thank you, i feel maybe because im younger (18) it bothers me more than it would if i was older. i have a tendency to let things annoy me very easily..i dont like it or plan on it but it is just who i am. lately i have seem to be better and i act as if people that i dont want in my life simply do not exist and i just ignore them if i see them. people say that is the mature thing to do so i try it
18*

2003 GT
Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #436
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Stress is something different for everybody. We all deal with stress in different ways. U have to find what works for u and stick with it. That sounds a lot like me. Full time college, full time job, I have a wife and a daughter with more bills than I care to discuss.

Is she gonna marry u? If yes, that's a stress reliever. Do u have a job? If yes, that's a stress reliever. U got a beautiful car? That's a stress reliever. We gotta stop focusing on what all needs done or has to be done or thinking about tomorrow and think about today. If tomorrow comes to ur mind, push it back and think about today and keep it simple.

U have to turn ur mind off.
Appreciate it man. nice little thread here lol.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #437
Registered Member
Regular

So who is dr Abbott?

Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #438
Registered Member

Regular

That's me jgill. Lol.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #439
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
So who is dr Abbott?
Quote:
That's me jgill. Lol.
:p
Old 06-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #440
Registered Member

Regular

While I carry the name Abbott, we are all helping people. That's what life should be about.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #441
Registered Member
Regular

I don't help people very often...

Old 06-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #442
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your missing out on lifes greatest joy. Nothing makes me feel better than buying Christmas for a strangers poor kids, or giving money to the soup kitchen for a Christmas meal, all done anonymously.

I'm by no means rich, but I damn sure got it made.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #443
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Make it ur mission this week jgill to help someone. It doesn't always have to be financial. That's usually the easiest way to help tho. Help someone and don't think of wanting anything in return and don't brag about it. That's a feeling that no one can ever take from u. No matter how bad things may seem sometimes u can always think of that and have joy.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #444
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Make it ur mission this week jgill to help someone. It doesn't always have to be financial. That's usually the easiest way to help tho. Help someone and don't think of wanting anything in return and don't brag about it. That's a feeling that no one can ever take from u. No matter how bad things may seem sometimes u can always think of that and have joy.
Helping others will make you feel so much better. It will make you forget about your problems
Old 06-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #445
Registered Member

Regular

Exactly. U really will see how fortunate u r. It's himbling.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #446
Registered Member
Regular

Sometimes I feel like I almost have to be mean to keep what I've got. I do feel fortunate because I grew up with NOTHING but i almost feel like I have to defend it..

Old 06-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #447
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1 best feeling in the world.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #448
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Your missing out on lifes greatest joy. Nothing makes me feel better than buying Christmas for a strangers poor kids, or giving money to the soup kitchen for a Christmas meal, all done anonymously.

I'm by no means rich, but I damn sure got it made.
+1000
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #449
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like I almost have to be mean to keep what I've got. I do feel fortunate because I grew up with NOTHING but i almost feel like I have to defend it..
The things that u have worked so hard for, the ones that are paid for, nobody can ever take them from u.

If something happened and they were all gone tomorrow, what would we do? We would still work. We would still go on. Those things don't define who u r. What's inside u defines u.

Try to find someone who needs. It doesn't have to be money. Even if its just time or knowledge. Share with someone that otherwise u never would have shared with. Ill just tell u now. That great feeling u get from it, is addictive.

I think our stories are a lot alike jgill.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #450
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:

The things that u have worked so hard for, the ones that are paid for, nobody can ever take them from u.

If something happened and they were all gone tomorrow, what would we do? We would still work. We would still go on. Those things don't define who u r. What's inside u defines u.

Try to find someone who needs. It doesn't have to be money. Even if its just time or knowledge. Share with someone that otherwise u never would have shared with. Ill just tell u now. That great feeling u get from it, is addictive.

I think our stories are a lot alike jgill.
+1 kindness always comes back around .. And sometimes at the most prized moment
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #451
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post

+1 kindness always comes back around .. And sometimes at the most prized moment
Money
Old 06-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #452
Moderator Emeritus