Dr. Abbott's therapy thread - Page 15 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #491
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm so upset and depressed today I had planned to go to a mustang meeting for MONTHS only to have a family emergency wipe out every cent I had saved up and not even have gas money to go... I even had the time off work and now I just get to sit at home by myself. It's hard to stay positive when you have $1.50 in the bank and don't get payed for 10 days...

With everything that's happend in the last year I'm just in a really dark place in my life right now and I'm not even sure how to look at the bright side.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #492
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
I'm so upset and depressed today I had planned to go to a mustang meeting for MONTHS only to have a family emergency wipe out every cent I had saved up and not even have gas money to go... I even had the time off work and now I just get to sit at home by myself. It's hard to stay positive when you have $1.50 in the bank and don't get payed for 10 days...

With everything that's happend in the last year I'm just in a really dark place in my life right now and I'm not even sure how to look at the bright side.
Keep your head up bro, life has its ups and downs. It will get better.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #493
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post

Trust me when I say I know how you feel. I've been in that deep dark place when it feels like there is so much weight on your shoulders. You wonder how much longer you can handle it. But you can't always look at the negative things, bro. Negative things will only cause more negative things. I had to move back home because I ran out of money. Guess what, I'm still broke. Work 40 hours a week, payed every week. I have enough to pay my bills, pay for a car that doesn't run, and food. I can't even get a loan to pay for a new engine or some of my small debts.

But I still find peace. Some how, some way. As long as you're still breathing, then you haven't lost te game. You have family. It shows that you care for them just by giving them all you have. You will be repaid one day. I can't guarantee when, or how. But you reap what you sew. Just fake a smile if you have too, because that's still better than no smile. Just stand tall, brother. This too shall pass.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #494
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Try not to judge life by small things. There is much more to life than just today. I do say live for today and not focus on tomorrow but in this case, I think it's easy to get caught up in the moment. It's easy to see things not go ur way and feel like giving up altogether. There is so much that waits for us tomorrow and things will go our way again. If we can just focus on what's good. U have one of the sweetest rides on this forum jgill. Don't let a weeks worth of money get u down or a loan to a family member. Don't base ur happiness on money at all. Base it upon how u feel about urself, about how u feel about ur family and how ur family feels about u. Find what makes u happy and let it keep ur focus.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #495
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Black on Black here's my story:

Oh my gosh, I'm still mad about it. She was nice not that attractive, but great personality, and loved my Mustang, she saw a picture of my dog on my phone and was like Ahhh... Yeah.. We were both taking historical geology lab, I was failing the course miserably
Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #496
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Black on Black here's my story:

Oh my gosh, I'm still mad about it. She was nice not that attractive, but great personality, and loved my Mustang, she saw a picture of my dog on my phone and was like Ahhh... Yeah.. We were both taking historical geology lab, I was failing the course miserably
Looks aren't half of a person. If you can find someone that loves you for you regardless of what she looks like, keep her.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #497
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Looks aren't half of a person. If you can find someone that loves you for you regardless of what she looks like, keep her.
Yeah I was stupid at the time but we would flirt and what not but ugh I was stupid!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #498
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I was stupid at the time but we would flirt and what not but ugh I was stupid!
Is never to late to go back. You don't have her number?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #499
Registered Member

Regular

I know I wasn't in the convo but one thing everybody needs to remember, looks will always fade and all u r left with is what's on the inside of a person.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:13 PM   #500
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
I know I wasn't in the convo but one thing everybody needs to remember, looks will always fade and all u r left with is what's on the inside of a person.
Couldn't have said it better myself

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

And btw you're the Dr lol
Old 06-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #501
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Is never to late to go back. You don't have her number?
No I switched phones and it got lost! That was years ago.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #502
Registered Member

Regular

99, u have got to put urself out there. That's y u r single. It has nothing to do with looks, or ur personality. It has everything to do with ur not making urself available.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #503
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

No I switched phones and it got lost! That was years ago.
Stalk her on facebook. I mean find her on facebook.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #504
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post

Hahaha
Old 06-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #505
Registered Member

Regular

Lol. That is one way to reach her but do it classy bro. If she's married, just walk away.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #506
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
99, u have got to put urself out there. That's y u r single. It has nothing to do with looks, or ur personality. It has everything to do with ur not making urself available.
Oh I know I could find a girl if I really applied myself, but honestly this is the first time in 3 years, I haven't been tied down with school.

Without going into detail my GPA was horrible not even a 2.0 for a while. I was on the brink of disaster, but it took me 4 semesters to get it up. So putting priorities first it was school, no degree, no success. I've been told you'd never make it through college, you need to be in tech school. I'm like no, I want it, so I'm going to go kill it and drag it home, so I did ! Hahaha

I'll get out there, I am starting to slowly.

Another issue I have is I'm living at home, I mean my parents are cool, but every date they want to know the details, etc. that's cool, but I'm a more personal guy. Like Id tell my best friend, but not my parents until we're steady.

I'm also looking for a new place to live, but I'm trying to work out the logistics right now.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #507
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post

Hahaha! Then post some creepy messages got it
Old 06-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #508
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Oh I know I could find a girl if I really applied myself, but honestly this is the first time in 3 years, I haven't been tied down with school.

Without going into detail my GPA was horrible not even a 2.0 for a while. I was on the brink of disaster, but it took me 4 semesters to get it up. So putting priorities first it was school, no degree, no success. I've been told you'd never make it through college, you need to be in tech school. I'm like no, I want it, so I'm going to go kill it and drag it home, so I did ! Hahaha

Another issue I have is I'm living at home, I mean my parents are cool, but every date they want to know the details, etc. that's cool, but I'm a more personal guy. Like Id tell my best friend, but not my parents until we're steady.

I'm also looking for a new place to live, but I'm trying to work out the logistics right now.
They will except u for u brother. If u r waiting for the perfect circumstances for somebody to be with u, it'll never happen. If they won't except u the way u r, living with parents or in a mansion, they don't deserve u.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #509
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

99 hey yourself right first brother, as long as you got a job the women will be there. Take care of your situation first then go hunting.
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #510
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post

99 hey yourself right first brother, as long as you got a job the women will be there. Take care of your situation first then go hunting.
Yep, when you have your life in order, the good ones will show themselves.
It's human nature for a girl, to look for someone that can provide for them, just like it is for a guy to want the hottest girl.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #511
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Story time!

So last weekend I went to a concert and I was nice enough to drive my six friends in my friends moms car. One of my friends is a bit of a stoner and smoked twice before/during the concert. I don't approve of weed so I told her to make sure I didn't see it, and it wasn't close to the car. (Which was stupid of me).

So yesterday, this friend of mines parents find weed in her car and ask her what the deal is. She denys its hers and says it's someone else's. she pins a boy from school that she's friends with. Furious her parents call their parents. Drama follows and she tells them she lied, and says that when she went to the concert the driver had the weed and offered to everyone in the car, since everyone refused he left it in the car. So she found it later and took it to give it back to the driver.

Well I'm the driver, and that did not happen. So today in school I get millions of texts and people coming up to me saying that she got busted with my weed and it was my fault... And so on.

I'm furious, how dare this girl pin this on me! I don't smoke and never plan on it. So what do I do? I text her dad this long message and tell him to call me when he's back from work. He calls me and is telling me not to believe the one kid telling the rumor and that she never accused me of this. Call ends.

Sooo, I tell my parents everything and they are even more mad then I was. They hate the idea since it ruins my image at my school since people believe what they hear. So my dad calls the father and explains that even if he claims this never happened its ruining my image and that I will have this over my head. He agrees that it isn't good and says he will do something about it.

So as I sit here, my friends and the people who know me knows I didn't partake in this. However for everyone else, I look bad. Not something I want happening if Im looking for a job in the federal government down the road.

Moral of the story you ask?
Tell the truth the first time, don't point fingers. She lost a lot of respect in my eyes and lost a ton of friends due to her pointing fingers. The pointing fingers doesn't get you anywhere.

Had to vent
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #512
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27 View Post
Story time!

So last weekend I went to a concert and I was nice enough to drive my six friends in my friends moms car. One of my friends is a bit of a stoner and smoked twice before/during the concert. I don't approve of weed so I told her to make sure I didn't see it, and it wasn't close to the car. (Which was stupid of me).

So yesterday, this friend of mines parents find weed in her car and ask her what the deal is. She denys its hers and says it's someone else's. she pins a boy from school that she's friends with. Furious her parents call their parents. Drama follows and she tells them she lied, and says that when she went to the concert the driver had the weed and offered to everyone in the car, since everyone refused he left it in the car. So she found it later and took it to give it back to the driver.

Well I'm the driver, and that did not happen. So today in school I get millions of texts and people coming up to me saying that she got busted with my weed and it was my fault... And so on.

I'm furious, how dare this girl pin this on me! I don't smoke and never plan on it. So what do I do? I text her dad this long message and tell him to call me when he's back from work. He calls me and is telling me not to believe the one kid telling the rumor and that she never accused me of this. Call ends.

Sooo, I tell my parents everything and they are even more mad then I was. They hate the idea since it ruins my image at my school since people believe what they hear. So my dad calls the father and explains that even if he claims this never happened its ruining my image and that I will have this over my head. He agrees that it isn't good and says he will do something about it.

So as I sit here, my friends and the people who know me knows I didn't partake in this. However for everyone else, I look bad. Not something I want happening if Im looking for a job in the federal government down the road.

Tell the truth the first time, don't point fingers. She lost a lot of respect in my eyes and lost a ton of friends due to her pointing fingers. The pointing fingers doesn't get you anywhere.

Had to vent
Yea stuff like his will always reveal your true colors about her and your friends. Cause I would be pissed at them if they didn't speak up for you and say you didn't partake in those activities. Because of they let that rumor spread and not clear you name when your not around check your friends really really really quick. I kept a small group of people I consider brothers an that was that if anybody spoke bad about me they spoke up if I wasn't around and I did the same for them. Don't stress the rumors like I said if you have real friends they will vouch for you...
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #513
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Story time!

Had to vent
Idk of you like country music but listen to this song. It's so true in life.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #514
Registered Member

Regular

Oh so true. Very nice help men. It will always remain true that everyone who calls u friend will not or is not ur friend.

If it escalates any further, tell them u will take a urinalysis. Poof problem solved. If this girl is smoking pot and its ok with her parents, not much can be done about it. If they are not okay, that is a different story.

Like its already been said, these kinds of rumors will die. Don't let that kind of rumor define who u r. If u just play it cool, it will go away. Don't keep it stirred.

Next time u know, if somebody has it with them, it doesn't come out in the car or doesn't take it at all or u don't hang with them. If they wanna go, they can go without it. Second thing. If somebody goes with u in somebody else's car, always do a quality control check. Pull over before u get back and jst make sure everything is ok. In all situations, u must CYA!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #515
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone! As for an update, the problem is solved. I can't go into specifics due to this being public! Sorry!
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #516
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks everyone! As for an update, the problem is solved. I can't go into specifics due to this being public! Sorry!
Understandable
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #517
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Understandable
Yeah and I'm not smart and made all my account names the same.... One google search and wham!
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 06-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #518
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah and I'm not smart and made all my account names the same.... One google search and wham!
Bahaha
Old 06-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #519
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bahaha
-_- go me...
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 06-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #520
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

-_- go me...
Lol. I think u can request a name change through a mod right?
Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #521
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol. I think u can request a name change through a mod right?
Really!! I'm getting on that one ASAP!
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 06-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #522
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah. Pretty sure. One of the other guys might know for sure but I'm pretty sure they can help u do that.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #523
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah. Pretty sure. One of the other guys might know for sure but I'm pretty sure they can help u do that.
It is possible, contact a mod
Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #524
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:

It is possible, contact a mod
Thanks! Just did!
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #525
Registered Member

Regular

Awesome! How long before it happens and how will we know its u? Lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar