Dr. Abbott's therapy thread - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Now we are getting to the real problem. Even the president has a backup. U gotta train one of these monkeys to be able to handle at least the most important stuff.
Hahahaha I've tried that. I have "trained" Prolly 8-10 ppl and all of them are ***** retards. I only have one other person that can "cover" for me. And all he does is stand there and act like he can do my job. It takes me at least a day to clear up his fck ups.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'd be like, ur out. Lol. Then come up with a series of questions for anybody else u might train with a set of on the job skills that they have to be able to perform before they are even considered. U know how it is brother. Workin like that will make an old man out of u before ur time.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd be like, ur out. Lol. Then come up with a series of questions for anybody else u might train with a set of on the job skills that they have to be able to perform before they are even considered. U know how it is brother. Workin like that will make an old man out of u before ur time.
Lol I'm already balding at 25, stress is a killer.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

It is a killer. It also can lead to hi blood pressure and stress can affect everything. Metabolism, appetite, and pretty much everything else. Make them give u some good help. Tell them u r not there to complain but u want some help.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

Hahahaha I've tried that. I have "trained" Prolly 8-10 ppl and all of them are ***** retards. I only have one other person that can "cover" for me. And all he does is stand there and act like he can do my job. It takes me at least a day to clear up his fck ups.
If you guarantee a job and housing I'll be your protégé lol
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

See, we already found u some good hardworking people. U got this!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post
If you guarantee a job and housing I'll be your protégé lol
+1, me too, how much does it pay? lol

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post

+1, me too, how much does it pay? lol
This guy has the right idea lol
Old 05-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Hey black, glad to see dr Abbott's therapy thread worked out for u.

U now have kick a** employees.

Tell everybody u know, come to dr Abbott lmao.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

lmao, Jokes aside, i seriously do need a better job, i hate the hours i have...now that its summer and all the car shows are going on and stuff...working 12s on the weekends sucks

LCMC Member
Old 05-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah man. What kind of work do u do?
Old 05-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

My guess would be security guard. That's what his bio says atleast.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
My guess would be security guard. That's what his bio says atleast.
Yea, that would be it, I was in the AF for 4 years as a Aircraft Hydraulics Tech but never got my A&P so I can't do that in the civillian world. Don't really want to anyway. I'm Trying to get the stuff together to start back to school and get my prereqs done, and while doing that get a phlebotomy class out of the way and get my foot in the door at a hospital. I need a better in-between job though.

But I guess I shouldn't complain to much. At least I have a job. 12.29/hr for what I do at work isn't bad. I work a 12 on sat and sun then 2 8hr shifts during the week and thats not bad until summer time when everyone meets on friday and saturday nights with car shows on saturdays.

LCMC Member
Old 05-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
lmao, Jokes aside, i seriously do need a better job, i hate the hours i have...now that its summer and all the car shows are going on and stuff...working 12s on the weekends sucks
Wow that's rough.

I just need A job lol
Old 05-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

lol yea, when I was in the military I brought home about $3000/month, now I only bring home $1500-2000/ month....and still have some of the bills from when I was in the military.

Wouldn't be so bad if my wife could find a job, but noone wants to hire someone with no work history, not even the fast food restarunts are calling her....(which is actually making me wonder wtf she is doing to her apps for that, because I put in an app for a second job and got called the next day)

The job market does suck though

LCMC Member
Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
lol yea, when I was in the military I brought home about $3000/month, now I only bring home $1500-2000/ month....and still have some of the bills from when I was in the military.

Wouldn't be so bad if my wife could find a job, but noone wants to hire someone with no work history, not even the fast food restarunts are calling her....(which is actually making me wonder wtf she is doing to her apps for that, because I put in an app for a second job and got called the next day)

The job market does suck though
Wow that's insane.

Yes it does, I think I have the same problem your wife, no work history. I had an interview with the local AutoZone, but never got a call after the interview, I think I knew to much and the manager prolly felt their job could be threatened if they hired me lol
Old 05-12-2013, 11:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

lol yea, The other problem is everwhere seems to want someone with experience AND a degree. Used to they would hire you regardless of experience, if you could learn you were hired. A degree just bumped you up the list. The problem with them wanting both, it doesn't really exist. Most people don't have BOTH a degree and the experience. Like a buddy I work with, he has 10+ years of experience and knows exactly how to do a job he was looking at, but they wouldn't hire him because he didn't have the degree....its bull**** and its why the job economy is ****

LCMC Member
Old 05-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #53
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Now we are getting to the real problem. Even the president has a backup. U gotta train one of these monkeys to be able to handle at least the most important stuff.
Dr. Abbot is correct. When I worked at a small shoe store we had a full time guy who was great he did it all one day he went on vacation the owner had to do his stuff for a week.

You'd think it was rocket science. So my co-worker trained me to do it

yeah I didn't get more money, but I learned how to input inventory which was something I could put on my résumé so convince your boss to fire & hire, or hire someone capable of doing it. If your boss is who you rode with to ATL then they can afford to bring on an able bodied person.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #54
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Wow that's rough.

I just need A job lol
Where have you applied? How are you going about your search?

Don't be afraid to talk about what you do on your family farm! Your making decisions everyday. You may have to start P/T. Are any feed stores hiring? if you want to work f/t try car sales. Also banks are always hiring! Being a bank teller can make some serious dough.

You could try waiting tables it's not glamorous but it's a job..

MCD's, Wendy's, KFC Taco Bell? They're not glamorous jobs but its start.

Also try working retail Abercrombie and Fitch is always hiring here, Hollister, American Eagle, etc.. All those retailers are always hiring. Especially towards Christmas time mid- September you may have to start seasonally but experience, education, and experience, and more experience.

Also on the survey tests click SA or SD

avoid agree, disagree, and neutral when possible. Don't be afraid to call the places.

In my case recently I applied for a sales consultant job at Office Max, I got an interview by calling! I started off by taking the online questionnaire, on a Thursday afternoon, I called Tuesday afternoon, and said, hi so and so I want to follow up on an application I submitted on Thursday. He asked what's your name? I said Andrew S. he said, ok I'm not seeing you in my system call me back at this time Thursday.

So I did we had a quick chat, he said, how would you like to come in Monday afternoon around 2pm? I said, that sounds great thanks so, and so I'm looking forward to it. He was nice it was the STAR (situation, task action, reaction) method which I hate, but I smiled went in knowing the situations, I've encountered, and stated the facts.

I got the job hopefully startling tomorrow or Thursday! The pay was lower than I wanted but it's not a hard job and I'll get spiffs.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Where have you applied? How are you going about your search?

Don't be afraid to talk about what you do on your family farm! Your making decisions everyday. You may have to start P/T. Are any feed stores hiring? if you want to work f/t try car sales. Also banks are always hiring! Being a bank teller can make some serious dough.

You could try waiting tables it's not glamorous but it's a job..

MCD's, Wendy's, KFC Taco Bell? They're not glamorous jobs but its start.

Also try working retail Abercrombie and Fitch is always hiring here, Hollister, American Eagle, etc.. All those retailers are always hiring. Especially towards Christmas time mid- September you may have to start seasonally but experience, education, and experience, and more experience.

Also on the survey tests click SA or SD

avoid agree, disagree, and neutral when possible. Don't be afraid to call the places.

In my case recently I applied for a sales consultant job at Office Max, I got an interview by calling! I started off by taking the online questionnaire, on a Thursday afternoon, I called Tuesday afternoon, and said, hi so and so I want to follow up on an application I submitted on Thursday. He asked what's your name? I said Andrew S. he said, ok I'm not seeing you in my system call me back at this time Thursday.

So I did we had a quick chat, he said, how would you like to come in Monday afternoon around 2pm? I said, that sounds great thanks so, and so I'm looking forward to it. He was nice it was the STAR (situation, task action, reaction) method which I hate, but I smiled went in knowing the situations, I've encountered, and stated the facts.

I got the job hopefully startling tomorrow or Thursday! The pay was lower than I wanted but it's not a hard job and I'll get spiffs.
I've applied almost everywhere in my town and a couple places just south of town.

I hadn't thought of the bank or car sales, thanks!

Congrats on the job!!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #56
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Wow that's insane.

Yes it does, I think I have the same problem your wife, no work history. I had an interview with the local AutoZone, but never got a call after the interview, I think I knew to much and the manager prolly felt their job could be threatened if they hired me lol
Quote:
lol yea, The other problem is everwhere seems to want someone with experience AND a degree. Used to they would hire you regardless of experience, if you could learn you were hired. A degree just bumped you up the list. The problem with them wanting both, it doesn't really exist. Most people don't have BOTH a degree and the experience. Like a buddy I work with, he has 10+ years of experience and knows exactly how to do a job he was looking at, but they wouldn't hire him because he didn't have the degree....its bull**** and its why the job economy is ****
Yeah it is! I can't stress education + experience enough, but associates Education helps but you need experience to.

My grandparents are like you'd be foolish to waste money on furthering your education.

I said,well if I didn't have work experience, yes. I got an associates degree but I'm going to work towards my BS degree.

Sorry Dr.Abbot but I just had to get this out of me! I keep getting told by the older people 60+ continuing my education is worthless.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Yeah it is! I can't stress education + experience enough, but associates Education helps but you need experience to.

My grandparents are like you'd be foolish to waste money on furthering your education.

I said,well if I didn't have work experience, yes. I got an associates degree but I'm going to work towards my BS degree.

Sorry Dr.Abbot but I just had to get this out of me! I keep getting told by the older people 60+ continuing my education is worthless.
I'm 51 and furthering your education is the most important thing you can do. An assoc degree means little now days, get that bs.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Alright guys need some honest opinion.

On the verge of dumping the boyfriend. Had a nice phone call which included lots of him crying and begging and I'm sick of it.

I'm 18 he's 19, we both go to Arizona state university. I'm a sophomore he's a senior. It's our 7 month anniversary today.

I can't put up with his crap anymore. All he does is yell, scream and argue. I am extremely sensitive to these things and will often break down crying if someone raises their voice at me. As which has happened these past 7 months. I'm terrified of him, anytime I try to tell him how I feel he will blow up blaming his failures and insecurities on me.

Not to mention the sex is terrible.

He is full of rage. My car has been deteriorating with very few mods these past few months, he never wants me to take my car to shows, I haven't hung out with the stang guys since we started dating. Everything is BMW, as he drives one. We're always working on his car perfecting it while jetwolf sits there from the side street looking on covered in dust and creaks.

Our relationship started as him asking three times to date me as to which I replied "no." He then started bawling and I felt bad for him and thinking it would only last a few weeks I said fine.
That few weeks were fun, blowing crazy money on me and always out racing. Then he got comfortable and started raging and just sitting around the house never doing anything.

He made me completely cut off contact with anyone he didn't like. Which caused me to loose like half of my friends.

The only good part of this relationship is that he will be very successful later on and he has a lot of good contacts.

But honestly. It isn't worth it.
Everyone is telling me to break up with him, they ask why I'm still with him and worry.
But having a connection mixed with love and fear is difficult to break, as I don't know what is do having such a sudden change in someone who consumed every hour of my day.

Speak up peeps go
Old 05-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
wow tht sucks my advice is do what makes you the happiest at the end of the day, he sound extremely controlling and obviously has anger issues and a selfish mindset because all he dose is make you work on his car an dosnt let you work on yours. example one is that he cries alot meaning he's immature and has a childish mindset witch is impart due to having money people become like that . my opinion would be to dump the guy and not feel remorse and even though some love exists it may not be enough to balance out the problems. but it's all up to you at the end of the day you make the decision
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Bad sex is enough to dump him, I'll let Dr Abbott list all the other reasons. Run, don't walk !!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

can't attribute it all to sex sometimes has to be deeper
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 05-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
can't attribute it all to sex sometimes has to be deeper
Relationships don't work with bad sex, ask Dr Abbott.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
Alright guys need some honest opinion.

On the verge of dumping the boyfriend. Had a nice phone call which included lots of him crying and begging and I'm sick of it.

I'm 18 he's 19, we both go to Arizona state university. I'm a sophomore he's a senior. It's our 7 month anniversary today.

I can't put up with his crap anymore. All he does is yell, scream and argue. I am extremely sensitive to these things and will often break down crying if someone raises their voice at me. As which has happened these past 7 months. I'm terrified of him, anytime I try to tell him how I feel he will blow up blaming his failures and insecurities on me.

Not to mention the sex is terrible.

He is full of rage. My car has been deteriorating with very few mods these past few months, he never wants me to take my car to shows, I haven't hung out with the stang guys since we started dating. Everything is BMW, as he drives one. We're always working on his car perfecting it while jetwolf sits there from the side street looking on covered in dust and creaks.

Our relationship started as him asking three times to date me as to which I replied "no." He then started bawling and I felt bad for him and thinking it would only last a few weeks I said fine.
That few weeks were fun, blowing crazy money on me and always out racing. Then he got comfortable and started raging and just sitting around the house never doing anything.

He made me completely cut off contact with anyone he didn't like. Which caused me to loose like half of my friends.

The only good part of this relationship is that he will be very successful later on and he has a lot of good contacts.

But honestly. It isn't worth it.
Everyone is telling me to break up with him, they ask why I'm still with him and worry.
But having a connection mixed with love and fear is difficult to break, as I don't know what is do having such a sudden change in someone who consumed every hour of my day.

Speak up peeps go
If your not happy now you wont be in ten years. It may be hard now to tell the truth it will be the best for both of you. No point of being sad or upset your whole life. Make the best of it while you are here
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

exactly and i know but alex can be worked at
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 05-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Well. It's over. I'm single, he called me back and admitted it like a man and I respect him for it.

For now I feel like I'm going to puke. :/
Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

take a cruise always calms me down
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 05-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
take a cruise always calms me down
It's 12:39 am and I don't want to wake the neighborhood lol
Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

hahaa and i took one like an hour ago and it was 2 i set of some at alarms but who cares lol
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
Old 05-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
Well. It's over. I'm single, he called me back and admitted it like a man and I respect him for it.

For now I feel like I'm going to puke. :/
Trust me, you will look back at this moment and smile. To be honest I Can't sack up an ask you out like man should without crying? Big a$$ flag, jealousy in a relationship don't go "Hand n Hand" if he can't be proud that his Girl Is just as successful then he ain't no man sweets. His lack of self-confidence is why he suffers in the bedroom with intimacy. Cuz when you know you packing you ain't lacking... Lol but all in all take care of yourself mental abuse is just a bad as physical get away from the weeds or they won't let you grow .... If he acts up put a "restraining order on dat azz"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

One thing that I really like about this whole situation, everybody steps up and speaks from the heart with life lessons. That's the kind of advice that people honestly need. That being said,

99Ford. U r the man. Don't ever apologize for giving real advice. When u feel ur right that strongly, don't ever hold it in. Your advice couldn't have been given any better by anyone else. Moral of the story, we all have to start somewhere. Never be too good for any job. Why? Because at the end of the week, we are never too good for the payday. Flipping burgers or performing surgery, we need people doing them all and I wonder how many dr's worked a fast food job before they ever did the first brain surgery? Make money! That's what it's about. Help urself. You have to want to help you before anybody can ever truly help u.

Jet-

These guys have given you some great advice. Dr. Abbott will tell u that honestly, the absolute best thing you can do is, be selective (picky). If the next guy comes along and doesn't sweep u off your feet, let him keep walkin. If anybody ever treats u in a way that is not how u want to be treated, don't stay for another minute. Why? There are too many people out there to ever let someone not treat u the way I want to be treated. That said. Don't set unreal expectations, we are all human.

A brilliant man once said that out of anger and harsh words comes confusion. If you think about it, it's true. Not immediate sometimes but confusion about being in that situation and about our choices.

Remember this, everyday when u wake up, u make a decision about the person u r and the person u will be in the future. The divisions you make an the people you surround yourself with with affect and influence your future.

Never let anybody treat u in a way you don't want to be treated. Be picky.

Last words, I'm sure u already know, u can't choose people to be with based upon their inner circle or who they know. Pick the person u want because of who they are inside and how that make u feel. U and who u choose will create your own inner circle, a group of people who compliments both of u.

There is only one u, be picky with who u let close.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar