Dr. Abbott's therapy thread - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
I love you guys <3

Sincerely thanks for all of the advice, you all give great points from different views from all life experiences.

I will be looking back at these replies from time to time!
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #72
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Before u let the next guy in, make him read this thread. Tell him the guy ur looking for gas to meet all this criteria.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Before u let the next guy in, make him read this thread. Tell him the guy ur looking for gas to meet all this criteria.
Lol, BTW ^ great advice from all these ppl Jet. I saw this on a movie once, but it was a very good and true quote, that I ask myself and others quite a bit.

"Can you live without them?" If you can live without them, then there is no use wasting both of your time. If you can live without them, then you WILL eventually end up without them so sooner is always better than later. And just for the future, money does not equal happiness. Just bc anyone is successful and has connections doesn't mean they can treat you like sh1t. I hate men that do this. I am not saying ALL successful men do this, but most of them treat women like crap, bc they know that they can get and have what they want. Anyways enough of my rambling good luck with the single life and don't rush into another bad relationship, make sure the next guy is worthy of you.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
One thing that I really like about this whole situation, everybody steps up and speaks from the heart with life lessons. That's the kind of advice that people honestly need. That being said,

99Ford. U r the man. Don't ever apologize for giving real advice. When u feel ur right that strongly, don't ever hold it in. Your advice couldn't have been given any better by anyone else. Moral of the story, we all have to start somewhere. Never be too good for any job. Why? Because at the end of the week, we are never too good for the payday. Flipping burgers or performing surgery, we need people doing them all and I wonder how many dr's worked a fast food job before they ever did the first brain surgery? Make money! That's what it's about. Help urself. You have to want to help you before anybody can ever truly help u.

Jet-

These guys have given you some great advice. Dr. Abbott will tell u that honestly, the absolute best thing you can do is, be selective (picky). If the next guy comes along and doesn't sweep u off your feet, let him keep walkin. If anybody ever treats u in a way that is not how u want to be treated, don't stay for another minute. Why? There are too many people out there to ever let someone not treat u the way I want to be treated. That said. Don't set unreal expectations, we are all human.

A brilliant man once said that out of anger and harsh words comes confusion. If you think about it, it's true. Not immediate sometimes but confusion about being in that situation and about our choices.

Remember this, everyday when u wake up, u make a decision about the person u r and the person u will be in the future. The divisions you make an the people you surround yourself with with affect and influence your future.

Never let anybody treat u in a way you don't want to be treated. Be picky.

Last words, I'm sure u already know, u can't choose people to be with based upon their inner circle or who they know. Pick the person u want because of who they are inside and how that make u feel. U and who u choose will create your own inner circle, a group of people who compliments both of u.

There is only one u, be picky with who u let close.
+infinity and beyond
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

And to all the other replies about my situation, thanks guys. I never said what I do, but I work for a small fresh cut meat market. I cut 90% of everything that walks out the door. I make every piece of sausage and jerky that goes out. I have to fulfill every special order that we get. All of this bc the owner doesn't want the other butcher to mess it up. He is a nice guy and does not want to fire someone. < that's understandable but at a point you just have to let them go. If I am there with the other butcher, the owner will still make me cut everything bc he knows if I cut it, it will look good and be consistent. Anyways, I have to go to work now and make a couple hundred pounds of sausage and bout 50 lbs of jerky. see yall in a bit.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #76
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
I love you guys <3

Sincerely thanks for all of the advice, you all give great points from different views from all life experiences.

I will be looking back at these replies from time to time!
Savvy there are a ton of guys out there. I know it won't take one long to snatch you up
Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #77
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
And to all the other replies about my situation, thanks guys. I never said what I do, but I work for a small fresh cut meat market. I cut 90% of everything that walks out the door. I make every piece of sausage and jerky that goes out. I have to fulfill every special order that we get. All of this bc the owner doesn't want the other butcher to mess it up. He is a nice guy and does not want to fire someone. < that's understandable but at a point you just have to let them go. If I am there with the other butcher, the owner will still make me cut everything bc he knows if I cut it, it will look good and be consistent. Anyways, I have to go to work now and make a couple hundred pounds of sausage and bout 50 lbs of jerky. see yall in a bit.
Hey for the advice can we get some sausage yum!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Hey for the advice can we get some sausage yum!
Lol if I ever get a weekend off I will bring you some to ATL that might not ever happen though lol, you should make a few calls
Old 05-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #79
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
It's 12:39 am and I don't want to wake the neighborhood lol
I'm glad it worked out Savannah! Now get out there and hang with your Mustang peeps!! ;D And like everyone else said be picky, and if they can't ask you like a man leave em standing where they are.

And isn't that what neighborhoods are for lol Neighborhoods and loud exhaust!

Quote:
Sounds like you really do need some help who knows how to do your job and do it as good as you can, that being said when can I come up?
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

I'm glad it worked out Savannah! Now get out there and hang with your Mustang peeps!! ;D And like everyone else said be picky, and if they can't ask you like a man leave em standing where they are.

And isn't that what neighborhoods are for lol Neighborhoods and loud exhaust!

Sounds like you really do need some help who knows how to do your job and do it as good as you can, that being said when can I come up?
Lol where u at?
Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #81
Registered Member

Regular

Glad we have this thread.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #82
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

Lol where u at?
Arcadia Florida lol
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #83
Registered Member

Regular

See. That's not too far. Ga fla. y'all r neighbors.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad we have this thread.
+<3
Old 05-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #85
Registered Member

Regular

U better today????
Old 05-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
U better today????
Yeah emotions are still in shock lol
Old 05-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #87
Registered Member

Regular

Time will heal all the pain. I promise. U know now u owe it to urself to be picky. I know it hurts.

U should call up all ur mustang friends and go out. Don't have to be expensive. Just for fun.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Time will heal all the pain. I promise. U know now u owe it to urself to be picky. I know it hurts.

U should call up all ur mustang friends and go out. Don't have to be expensive. Just for fun.
That's what I'm doing, except they drive BMWs lol mustangs are later this week, I love them both!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

That's what I'm doing, except they drive BMWs lol mustangs are later this week, I love them both!
Any m series?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
See. That's not too far. Ga fla. y'all r neighbors.
That's not exactly neighbors

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130513_193150.png
Views:	73
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	107924
Old 05-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

Any m series?
Not today, every Saturday we have a dozen lol
Old 05-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Well I didn't stall at all, all last week I feel more confident now driving the mustang, I don't even get nervous any more when I jump in.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Well I didn't stall at all, all last week I feel more confident now driving the mustang, I don't even get nervous any more when I jump in.
That your first manual??
Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That your first manual??
Lol that's what I'm sayin. I know it is, but I just wish I had a new 5.0 to "learn" in
Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That your first manual??
Quote:
Lol that's what I'm sayin. I know it is, but I just wish I had a new 5.0 to "learn" in
Yeah it is... I just didn't want to waste a couple of grand on an old car to learn in, and I didn't want to put anybody on the spot by asking them to teach me in their car.. I honestly thought driving a manual transmission was going to be easier But I think I got it now..
Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah it is... I just didn't want to waste a couple of grand on an old car to learn in, and I didn't want to put anybody on the spot by asking them to teach me in their car.. I honestly thought driving a manual transmission was going to be easier But I think I got it now..
Its a little tricky at first. Took me a week to learn. But once you learn you wont forget
Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol a transmission costs more than a couple grand
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its a little tricky at first. Took me a week to learn. But once you learn you wont forget
Yeah, sounds about right.. I've only driven mine like 8 times(I drive a work truck everyday, so its not a DD).. So that's like a little bit over a week that it took me to get it

Quote:
Lol a transmission costs more than a couple grand
Yeah... I try not to worry too much about it.. I'll just have to deal with it when the time comes.. Hopefully not soon though But I'll let you know.. It can be part of a study on how long a transmission will last on a new 5.0 when you don't know how to drive a manual transmission
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, sounds about right.. I've only driven mine like 8 times(I drive a work truck everyday, so its not a DD).. So that's like a little bit over a week that it took me to get it

Yeah... I try not to worry too much about it.. I'll just have to deal with it when the time comes.. Hopefully not soon though But I'll let you know.. It can be part of a study on how long a transmission will last on a new 5.0 when you don't know how to drive a manual transmission
Lol it will take a LOT to wreck a tranny, I was just messing with you, but the clutch on the other hand will need to be changed sooner.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol it will take a LOT to wreck a tranny, I was just messing with you, but the clutch on the other hand will need to be changed sooner.
Haha, yeah... "I swear to you sir, I'm good at driving stick, this one just went bad! You have to believe me!" That's going to be me at the Ford dealership.. They're going to be like "do we look like we were born yesterday? WARRANTY DENIED on a new clutch!"
Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha, yeah... "I swear to you sir, I'm good at driving stick, this one just went bad! You have to believe me!" That's going to be me at the Ford dealership.. They're going to be like "do we look like we were born yesterday? WARRANTY DENIED on a new clutch!"
The clutch is a "wearable" part just like tires and brake pads so that would not fall under your warranty. Just thought I would let you know that.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

The clutch is a "wearable" part just like tires and brake pads so that would not fall under your warranty. Just thought I would let you know that.
You sure about that, It's part of the drive line, but it does make sense.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alrighty, thanks man.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

You sure about that, It's part of the drive line, but it does make sense.
Positive
Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Positive
Yep, googled it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation