Dr. Abbott's therapy thread - Page 51 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #1751
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Women are crazy bro...
Yes indeed bruddu

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
yes do the opposite of what a woman tells you. Always!
So wait, she said not to. So opposite is I should, yes¿
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #1752
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Yes indeed bruddu ---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ---------- So wait, she said not to. So opposite is I should, yes¿
uhhh...?? lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #1753
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
uhhh...?? lol
that's exactly how I am right meow
{Never Enough HP}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #1754
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
That really blows yo
Yea it's only been atwo months and I told her in February ill give her another chance if she changed guess she Moved on good thing too
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #1755
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Dr. Abbott's therapy thread

Don't know what to do, think, or say. Had a 6yo pierce my heart last night. I know they don't understand, and in this case, she is not to blame. But I was hurt none the less.

This is a long one so... Sorry in advance.

I get home from work and my gf is crabby. She wants to talk. Here's what happened.

She went to go pick up her girls (6 & 9yo) from their dad's. He tells her to come in, they have to talk. Tells her that he sat the girls down and asked them if they wanted to spend Christmas with their mommy and daddy together. He said that the girls said yes. So he told her that she is to be over at his house on Christmas at 5:00 for supper or he is not letting her have the girls at all that day. (he has them tonight and tomorrow morning). (She has sole custody of them and he has yet to make his first child support payment (says he'd rather be on jail than give her a dime))

I can't believe he would put these kids in the the middle more than they already are. Doing that is not fair to them, they don't understand relationships at this age. (I am divorced (for 7 years now) and have a 12yo) Me or my ex have never pulled crap like this, thank god)

Now the second part.
The 4 of us are eating supper (my daughter is with her mom this night) I ask the girls "are you excited for Christmas?" The youngest says "no, I want to have it with my mom and dad at the same time". My heart fell 10 stories.

This came from the little girl that will not go to her dad's alone and will not hug him goodby! She is the one who waits by the front door and greets me every day after work with a hug. She will come snuggle up to me on the couch and kiss me on the cheek.

I was at a loss for words. What do you say to a 6yo in that moment. I can only imagine what he said to her about me to have her say something like this. I know they don't understand at this age and so I don't have any hard feelings toward her. Am mad at him for her sake. She shouldn't have to be in this situation. None of us should.

At 35 I've never wanted to hurt anybody, but right now I want to inflict some physical pain equal to all the mental pain he has caused in this last year.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #1756
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post
Don't know what to do, think, or say. Had a 6yo pierce my heart last night. I know they don't understand, and in this case, she is not to blame. But I was hurt none the less.

This is a long one so... Sorry in advance.

I get home from work and my gf is crabby. She wants to talk. Here's what happened.

She went to go pick up her girls (6 & 9yo) from their dad's. He tells her to come in, they have to talk. Tells her that he sat the girls down and asked them if they wanted to spend Christmas with their mommy and daddy together. He said that the girls said yes. So he told her that she is to be over at his house on Christmas at 5:00 for supper or he is not letting her have the girls at all that day. (he has them tonight and tomorrow morning). (She has sole custody of them and he has yet to make his first child support payment (says he'd rather be on jail than give her a dime))

I can't believe he would put these kids in the the middle more than they already are. Doing that is not fair to them, they don't understand relationships at this age. (I am divorced (for 7 years now) and have a 12yo) Me or my ex have never pulled crap like this, thank god)

Now the second part.
The 4 of us are eating supper (my daughter is with her mom this night) I ask the girls "are you excited for Christmas?" The youngest says "no, I want to have it with my mom and dad at the same time". My heart fell 10 stories.

This came from the little girl that will not go to her dad's alone and will not hug him goodby! She is the one who waits by the front door and greets me every day after work with a hug. She will come snuggle up to me on the couch and kiss me on the cheek.

I was at a loss for words. What do you say to a 6yo in that moment. I can only imagine what he said to her about me to have her say something like this. I know they don't understand at this age and so I don't have any hard feelings toward her. Am mad at him for her sake. She shouldn't have to be in this situation. None of us should.

At 35 I've never wanted to hurt anybody, but right now I want to inflict some physical pain equal to all the mental pain he has caused in this last year.
wow, that's sad man, I feel bad and its not even me ...was the mom at the table with ya'll during this? if so did she say anything or talk to you/them after?

sounds like he is brainwashing them to like him over you or you being with the mom, which is wrong. my sister ex has done this to their boy but she took it to authorities and got it sorted out.
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #1757
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
wow, that's sad man, I feel bad and its not even me ...was the mom at the table with ya'll during this? if so did she say anything or talk to you/them after?

sounds like he is brainwashing them to like him over you or you being with the mom, which is wrong. my sister ex has done this to their boy but she took it to authorities and got it sorted out.

Her mom had sat them down and talked with them before I had gotten home. Sounds like she did a good job explaining things. However, how do you help a 6yo understand this stuff...?

She was at the table, both our jaws hit the floor and were rendered speechless. After we picked up our jaws, she first said "honey we talked about all this" then asked "would you like to have a Christmas with Michael & Trinity?" She said "yes...but..." And then didn't want to talk anymore.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #1758
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Her mom had sat them down and talked with them before I had gotten home. Sounds like she did a good job explaining things. However, how do you help a 6yo understand this stuff...?

She was at the table, both our jaws hit the floor and were rendered speechless. After we picked up our jaws, she first said "honey we talked about all this" then asked "would you like to have a Christmas with Michael & Trinity?" She said "yes...but..." And then didn't want to talk anymore.
Michael & Trinity being you and your daughter? I would just talk to them some more and let them understand what Christmas means to you for them to spend it with you, and your daughter. but that's hard to get them to understand and not put unneeded guilt or bribing there deascion, that makes me mad that their dad is doing this to them and putting this on your family.
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #1759
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Maybe it's just me but I would have "dad" know for sure that any arrangements or plans made would run through the parents, not the children. If it took having him contacted by representation then that is what I would do. If nothing is done or said, what would keep him from moving on to more or larger things like inviting them all on trips or vacations? It sounds like a way to not only control the children but also control mom as well. Maybe it's just me but I would make sure the first time he did this was the last.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #1760
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
Michael & Trinity being you and your daughter? I would just talk to them some more and let them understand what Christmas means to you for them to spend it with you, and your daughter. but that's hard to get them to understand and not put unneeded guilt or bribing there deascion, that makes me mad that their dad is doing this to them and putting this on your family.

Yes me, Michael and my daughter Trinity.

This is a good idea. I will defiantly talk with the girls tonight before they head to their dad's. I will put no decisions on them, just let them know how grateful I am to have them share their Christmas with me and my daughter. Thank you.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #1761
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Maybe it's just me but I would have "dad" know for sure that any arrangements or plans made would run through the parents, not the children. If it took having him contacted by representation then that is what I would do. If nothing is done or said, what would keep him from moving on to more or larger things like inviting them all on trips or vacations? It sounds like a way to not only control the children but also control mom as well. Maybe it's just me but I would make sure the first time he did this was the last.

"Dad" IS VERY controlling. Biggest reason she left him.

If it were up to me I would have the proper authorities let him know what's what. But unfortunately I can only suggest this to my gf. I have tried to explain to her that she has to nip this stuff in the but now before I gets worse. This is not the first time he has done this kind if crap. He as demanded that she come to his house and so sexual favors for him. At what point do I step in??? She has expressed to me that anything I do will only infuriate him further and he will retaliate!

Although I never would, I'd love to throw him a blanket party.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #1762
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Dr. Abbott's therapy thread

Quote:
"Dad" IS VERY controlling. Biggest reason she left him.

If it were up to me I would have the proper authorities let him know what's what. But unfortunately I can only suggest this to my gf. I have tried to explain to her that she has to nip this stuff in the but now before I gets worse. This is not the first time he has done this kind if crap. He as demanded that she come to his house and so sexual favors for him. At what point do I step in??? She has expressed to me that anything I do will only infuriate him further and he will retaliate!

Although I never would, I'd love to throw him a blanket party.

Whoa I was reading and wasn't that infuriated untill I saw the sexual favors wtf man did she do it? And be carefull with him dont be afraid to get him mad you have the legal system in your favor
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #1763
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
Whoa I was reading and wasn't that infuriated untill I saw the sexual favors wtf man did she do it? And be carefull with him dont be afraid to get him mad you have the legal system in your favor

No she did not do it. We wouldn't still be together if she did.

I wanted her to file for an order for protection and have sexual harassment charges filed. He did this while they were in the middle of their divorce. She didn't want to make him mad for fear he would not cooperate in getting the divorce finished. <--her thoughts not mine. I can see she is very very afraid of this guy. He HAS done everything in his power make things hell for her.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #1764
Registered Member

Regular

Sounds like all he has left now is the kids. If she wants to take control, she can. U said she has custody. I'd tell him if he ever wanted to see them again, he wouldn't pull anymore crap like this. Ever. She has the control now. She just needs to take it.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #1765
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like all he has left now is the kids. If she wants to take control, she can. U said she has custody. I'd tell him if he ever wanted to see them again, he wouldn't pull anymore crap like this. Ever. She has the control now. She just needs to take it.

She has experienced so many years of his control to see she has these options. I also don't want to be the one to tell her what she should do. She has had enough of that with him. <-- this was suggested by one of her girlfriends... So...
Old 12-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #1766
Registered Member

Regular

I think there is a difference in trying to control her and trying to help her. If she knows you and trusts you, she will be able to tell the difference. You know in these situations, you are really in a bad spot. I hooe you have everything resolved and do not have any issues moving forward.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #1767
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think there is a difference in trying to control her and trying to help her. If she knows you and trusts you, she will be able to tell the difference. You know in these situations, you are really in a bad spot. I hooe you have everything resolved and do not have any issues moving forward.

Thanks for the ear and the advise everyone. Things went smoother than anticipated.

To be honest, I'd love to set him up with my ex. Most controlling b**** on the planet. Would be good entertainment.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #1768
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Just do your best to get her to understand she has the control, and if he threatens her to keep the kids from her again try to get her to go to the authorities. That is COMPLETELY against the law for him to do that. I completely understand the situation you are in with her though. My wife of 3 years still can't take a compliment, or understand that she is a very beautiful woman or that she can fend for herself for most things. Her father did a real number on her. It's rough and aggrivating, but you just have to keep letting her know you're there for her.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:03 AM   #1769
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Doc one of my best friends and I live together with a mutual friend, but this mutual friend acts like a child. He constantly complains about everything we do. Honestly if we have a beer, or a drink we're becoming an alcoholics.

He's a nice guy, but I can't take the childish behavior anymore. It's gotten to the point where my best friend and I just don't even want to hang out with this guy let alone live with him.

I suppose my question is how to break it to him that a) he needs to grow up, and (b) we don't want to live with him?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #1770
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Doc one of my best friends and I live together with a mutual friend, but this mutual friend acts like a child. He constantly complains about everything we do. Honestly if we have a beer, or a drink we're becoming an alcoholics.

He's a nice guy, but I can't take the childish behavior anymore. It's gotten to the point where my best friend and I just don't even want to hang out with this guy let alone live with him.

I suppose my question is how to break it to him that a) he needs to grow up, and (b) we don't want to live with him?
hey man we have decided that your immature for us and its time to go our separate ways, you have _________ to move out
{Never Enough HP}
Old 01-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #1771
Road Trip!

Quote:

Eviction notice on his door, and all his crap on the lawn

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:32 AM   #1772
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
Eviction notice on his door, and all his crap on the lawn Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
I vote this way haha
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #1773
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
hey man we have decided that your immature for us and its time to go our separate ways, you have _________ to move out
I like that haha
Old 01-13-2014, 12:30 AM   #1774
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Perhaps that would work to
Old 01-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #1775
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Anyone else notice the Barbie dream phone signature. I'm rolling right now nice one
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #1776
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
Anyone else notice the Barbie dream phone signature. I'm rolling right now nice one
Haha I looked it up
Old 01-14-2014, 05:18 AM   #1777
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha I looked it up
Really lmfao
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #1778
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Really lmfao
yeah haha
Old 03-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #1779
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
What happened to this thread?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #1780
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
What happened to this thread?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I was thinking the same thing just 10 min ago :p
Old 03-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #1781
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I guess everyone for over their problems lol

Sent from a Galaxy s4 far away.
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #1782
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post
I guess everyone for over their problems lol

Not even close
Old 03-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #1783
Registered Member
Regular

The voices in my head tell me I don't need therapy.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #1784
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Not even close
Trust me, I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
The voices in my head tell me I don't need therapy.
That's when you need the most therapy.

93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:12 PM   #1785
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing just 10 min ago :p
The real question is where the **** have you been?
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar