Dr. Abbott's therapy thread - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Dr.Abbott I'm currently single, and I've been out of the dating arena for a while now, I'm wanting to get back in it, but where to do I meet quality women?

I'm 26 not much of a partier, or a drinker, but do enjoy a good party, and getting tipsy on occasion. So the bar/club scene is out of the question! I just can't think of anymore places. I tried a singles ministry at my last church and while they were nice people most of them were a little creepy. (Like desperate.) I'm definitely not desperate, just wanting female companionship that's not my dog.

Any advice?

My friends had previously tried to set me up on dates, but some of their picks were a little out there..
I know physical attributes aren't the end all but that's a great place to start you will always be interested in somebody you can't focus around, funny bcuz you will find most of them you're attracted to are unfortunately spoken for. Starbucks is a good place to find business minded women "she has goals of expansion", grocery stores "she can cook a very very good and rare quality now a days", and car wash "she takes pride in her appearance and car" these that I've named are good marrying type... One night stands : liquor stores "one more sip she'll let me dip", club scenes "I can't hear her and don't remember her name", Walmart "?!?" ... Lol you seem like a good guy with moral fibers it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody at some point...
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #177
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Dr.Abbott I'm currently single, and I've been out of the dating arena for a while now, I'm wanting to get back in it, but where to do I meet quality women?

I'm 26 not much of a partier, or a drinker, but do enjoy a good party, and getting tipsy on occasion. So the bar/club scene is out of the question! I just can't think of anymore places. I tried a singles ministry at my last church and while they were nice people most of them were a little creepy. (Like desperate.) I'm definitely not desperate, just wanting female companionship that's not my dog.

Any advice?

My friends had previously tried to set me up on dates, but some of their picks were a little out there..
Just remember, the only girl u have not went out with is the one u haven't asked. Don't be afraid to try. The worst thing that can happen is her say no. Keep it that simple. Don't take it personal and let it deter u if a lady says no. Be selective. Don't limit urself to any certain place to meet someone. If u r anywhere and u see a lady that catches ur eye that Ud like to take out, be confident, ask her. So now, u need to at least try. In the next 2 days, u should talk to a lady Ud never talk to and establish conversation and report back to us. Be confident and smile. Don't cross ur arms and keep ur movements to a minimum. Be natural and fluent.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post

Just remember, the only girl u have not went out with is the one u haven't asked. Don't be afraid to try. The worst thing that can happen is her say no. Keep it that simple. Don't take it personal and let it deter u if a lady says no. Be selective. Don't limit urself to any certain place to meet someone. If u r anywhere and u see a lady that catches ur eye that Ud like to take out, be confident, ask her. So now, u need to at least try. In the next 2 days, u should talk to a lady Ud never talk to and establish conversation and report back to us. Be confident and smile. Don't cross ur arms and keep ur movements to a minimum. Be natural and fluent.
Go get em 99
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #179
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

That's great advice thanks Dr. Abbott. I'm going to that this week!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've never asked a girl out in my life lol. I figure if they ask me than they must really be interested. I just keep it chill and be as interesting as possible

Put a girl in the "friend zone" and they usually can't stand it for more than a few weeks lol

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #181
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
I've never asked a girl out in my life lol. I figure if they ask me than they must really be interested. I just keep it chill and be as interesting as possible

Put a girl in the "friend zone" and they usually can't stand it for more than a few weeks lol
You've never asked a girl out? How did you get them to ask you out?
Old 05-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Like I said just be friendly nice and interesting but never take it any further idk its always worked for me lol

Old 05-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Like I said just be friendly nice and interesting but never take it any further idk its always worked for me lol

Old 05-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #184
Registered Member

Regular

That might work but once in the friend zone, sometimes always in the friend zone. 99, make it the goal this week to make casual conversation with a total stranger that is a female. Sometimes confidence is not bread into our DNA and must be practiced. I promise. It'll help. Do it and give us a report. Don't forget, all they can say is no.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Word from a woman

I've always picked the guy with guts over my best friend of 5 years or current best friend

Just because you do nice things for us does not mean we are required to repay you, it's a gift not a trade (my biggest pet peeve)

Not all girls are the same, instead of teddy bears and flowers I want to go out jet skiing, rock climbing, racing - I'd rather wrench with you than go see a movie
Old 05-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #186
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
Word from a woman

I've always picked the guy with guts over my best friend of 5 years or current best friend

Just because you do nice things for us does not mean we are required to repay you, it's a gift not a trade (my biggest pet peeve)

Not all girls are the same, instead of teddy bears and flowers I want to go out jet skiing, rock climbing, racing - I'd rather wrench with you than go see a movie
I honestly wish there were ladies like you my age around where I live
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

I honestly wish there were ladies like you my age around where I live
Just talk to some I'm sure you'll find one somewhat like me
Old 05-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #188
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

There are 3 girls at my school that like me and I'm like that. But I'm a senior and they are freshmen, so I'm not going near that with a 10 foot pole.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #189
Road Trip!

Quote:

Just talk to some I'm sure you'll find one somewhat like me
I can only hope
Old 05-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #190
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

You will end up settling for someone that's not good for you. I know its hard for some of us, but as the Dr. said, you must learn to talk to them. Even if you find one, and you don't know how to talk to them, chances are they're not gonna hang around long. The key to talking to them is, being a very good listener, keep them talking about ther self. Ask questions, who, what,where,when and why will always keep the conversation going. Learn body language, we all speak it, and it will allow you to go straight to the ones that are interested. Good luck son, I know its a hard row to hoe for a shy person, but its the only way to get what you want. You will also see more job opportunities once you've learned the basics.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Just be yourself and start up a conversation, somebody that you can talk too for hours is a great sign
Old 05-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #192
Registered Member

Regular

The thing is, present your self as a confident u. Be confident not cocky. There is a difference. Great advice once again ladies and gentlemen.

Don't go into it as a player by any means. Just be yourself and sure about u. Even if u lack confidence in yourself, show urself as a confident person with certain thoughts about different situations. Know where u stand. As stated, keep the conversation rolling and about them always helps. If it is hard to keep the attention for long, u can mix it up. If that don't work, don't feel like a failure, just move on, next time the same thing might work.

Make it your mission to establish communication. Set your standards high.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Good advice! I know I try to stay away from the girls that are always "looking at their feet."

On an unrelated note, DAYUMM! This thread has exploded since the last time I was on here.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
Good advice! I know I try to stay away from the girls that are always "looking at their feet."

On an unrelated note, DAYUMM! This thread has exploded since the last time I was on here.
Lol we helping ppl son good ppl on here
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #195
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
The thing is, present your self as a confident u. Be confident not cocky. There is a difference. Great advice once again ladies and gentlemen.

Don't go into it as a player by any means. Just be yourself and sure about u. Even if u lack confidence in yourself, show urself as a confident person with certain thoughts about different situations. Know where u stand. As stated, keep the conversation rolling and about them always helps. If it is hard to keep the attention for long, u can mix it up. If that don't work, don't feel like a failure, just move on, next time the same thing might work.

Make it your mission to establish communication. Set your standards high.
Haha I'm confident!
Old 05-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #196
Registered Member

Regular

Then we expect to hear something soon. Don't ever go anywhere looking like a slouch. U can never tell when the moment will come. We got ur back.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then we expect to hear something soon. Don't ever go anywhere looking like a slouch. U can never tell when the moment will come. We got ur back.
+100
Old 05-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #198
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Just an update I didn't talk to anyone yet today because I didn't go anywhere except the gas station and a pet sitting clients house
Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #199
Registered Member

Regular

U know we got ur back bro, there's no rush but u know u gotta get out there. Even at the store, keep ur eyes open.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #200
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
U know we got ur back bro, there's no rush but u know u gotta get out there. Even at the store, keep ur eyes open.
Oh I know. I just couldn't find anywhere to go, I didn't have much to do other than figure out why my carpet was soaking wet..

This Mustang is going to be the death of me! I fix one thing the other goes.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #201
Road Trip!

Quote:

Oh I know. I just couldn't find anywhere to go, I didn't have much to do other than figure out why my carpet was soaking wet..

You figure out why?
Old 05-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just an update I didn't talk to anyone yet today because I didn't go anywhere except the gas station and a pet sitting clients house
Kool operation : "date to impregnate" is a go!!! Lol get'em tiger
Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

New conv top maybe leaking ? Idk just a guess
Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #204
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Lol. On a joking side, it is a necessary tool moving forward. We are gonna need that pony to get u setup!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol. On a joking side, it is a necessary tool moving forward. We are gonna need that pony to get u setup!
Lol that's a good point. A mustang always helps plus if she notices the mustang maybe she even likes cars and that's a major +!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol that's a good point. A mustang always helps plus if she notices the mustang maybe she even likes cars and that's a major +!
+100
Old 05-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #207
Registered Member

Regular

My wife loves to hate ours. She loves it when we are in it but spending a penny on it, poof, it hate lol.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #208
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post

Kool operation : "date to impregnate" is a go!!! Lol get'em tiger
Yeah no hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post

New conv top maybe leaking ? Idk just a guess
No it's not new I just dyed it I think it stems from something the body shop didn't do when they put the fender on

Quote:

Quote:

That is not even a question it's a must! Every girl I've met hates my cars, or hates the hobby. So usually it's her or the car, and every time the car has won.

Quote:
My wife loves to hate ours. She loves it when we are in it but spending a penny on it, poof, it hate lol.
Haha now see I could maybe deal with that.. But I definitely dislike dominate women!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #209
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No it's not new I just dyed it I think it stems from something the body shop didn't do when they put the fender on
Looks good, you must've done a good job on it.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #210
Road Trip!

Quote:
Not a ****ing happy kitty right meow >
Let it out!

>^*^< meow

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:

Everything I don't know who I can trust anymore

That is EXACTLY what I need, not even freaking joking -_-
Look at it this way I think you can pretty much trust any one of us on here!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar