Got a ticket need advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Got a ticket need advice

Hey everyone...i was cruising on the highway a few weeks ago then i saw a statey a couple miles down sitting there so i slowed down to 65 and all of the sudden the statey gets in the middle lane and flips his lights on so i pull over and he tells me the airplane clocked me at 83mph. So he gave me a ticket....the problem here is that i received another ticket back in september for running a red light......and im still 17...so i talked to the prosecutor and i said deny. Im taking it to court because isnt it a law that the cop needs to have proof that it was you speeding? I dont trust some airplane up in the sky telling the statey who is speeding...
Bballing0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Air inforcment is 100% court legal

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballing0416 View Post
Hey everyone...i was cruising on the highway a few weeks ago then i saw a statey a couple miles down sitting there so i slowed down to 65 and all of the sudden the statey gets in the middle lane and flips his lights on so i pull over and he tells me the airplane clocked me at 83mph. So he gave me a ticket....the problem here is that i received another ticket back in september for running a red light......and im still 17...so i talked to the prosecutor and i said deny. Im taking it to court because isnt it a law that the cop needs to have proof that it was you speeding? I dont trust some airplane up in the sky telling the statey who is speeding...
Actually, they are outfitted to trap your speed just as well as any LE vehicle. So if he says the aircraft clocked you at 83, it probably really did clock you that fast. Do you know how fast you were going before you slowed to 65? Knowing that you ahve aircraft in the area clocking you, you probably shouldn't speed as much, most of the time you can get away with +5 or so, but if the limit was 65.....

just my 2 cents

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Aircraft? What since when do they clock you how fast you go? Never heard of that before
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post
Aircraft? What since when do they clock you how fast you go? Never heard of that before
They have had it for awhile I've seen them here in jersey on 295
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post

They have had it for awhile I've seen them here in jersey on 295
I go on 295 every day... I see nothing in the sky? Is it a legit plane or remote controlled? Stupid question but I really never heard of it before
Old 05-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I go on 295 every day... I see nothing in the sky? Is it a legit plane or remote controlled? Stupid question but I really never heard of it before
Well it's mostly by Camden area when in up that way for work I see it. Looks like a normal plane just flies around in circles
Old 05-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post

Well it's mostly by Camden area when in up that way for work I see it. Looks like a normal plane just flies around in circles
Smh wtf has this world come too. Using planes and sh*t to clock people speeding. Lets pray that nothing happens to me lol
Old 05-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Smh wtf has this world come too. Using planes and sh*t to clock people speeding. Lets pray that nothing happens to me lol
I know man it sucks luckily I don't take the highway that often in my car usually take the girls jeep grand Cherokee.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My advice is find good insurance now
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:

Most that I know of are legit planes, I'm sure some of them are remote too. They also have helicopters

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123

They've been doing it since the 70s. Ever hear of a bear in the air on smokey & the bandit.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Lol where the hell do I live in? A shoebox? I can't believe I never knew about this
Old 05-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Name:   images.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  7.0 KB
05 MUSTANG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
But on a serious note when I get my speeding ticket I took it to court and all I admitted guilt and they dropped the points and I just had to pay the ticket i was doing 68 in a 50
05 MUSTANG GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 MUSTANG GT View Post
But on a serious note when I get my speeding ticket I took it to court and all I admitted guilt and they dropped the points and I just had to pay the ticket i was doing 68 in a 50
Yeah I mean you can fight it and get away my uncle has fought a beat the planes
Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
You can fight all you want, just make sure you know more about the event than the officer. A judge's job is to determine who has the best case, not who is telling the truth; that's a jury's job. If the officer doesn't show up, you're free to go. If he does, you damn well better know everything there is to know about how the airplane speed sensors work and exacting details about how thermal air currents can distort the radar sensors (assuming they do). Were you in a group of cars and can put reasonable doubt that the plane clocked you or were you being an idiot and flying down the highway because you think you're invincible?
A ticket is a big deal for you or me, it's just 3 or 4 scribbled notes in a book for the officer. If you can make him look incompetent, you will get off.
Before you decide to fight, make sure you can afford court fees for when you lose. Aircraft-enforced tickets are rarely overturned because of the way they are measured.
My advice: quit making the mustang community look bad and be more careful before you kill someone. Running reds and doing 20 over is just reckless. Seriously, stop, what if someone was crossing the intersection that you ran a red on?
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
See if you have any lawyers in your area that deal with traffic violations.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Oh......... And "SLOW DOWN" Mario
Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

NJ state parkway has clear signs that says "Aircraft Speed Monitor Zone"
Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
NJ state parkway has clear signs that says "Aircraft Speed Monitor Zone"
I never been on the NJ PKWY lol. And I've been here for 21 years
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post
You can fight all you want, just make sure you know more about the event than the officer. A judge's job is to determine who has the best case, not who is telling the truth; that's a jury's job. If the officer doesn't show up, you're free to go. If he does, you damn well better know everything there is to know about how the airplane speed sensors work and exacting details about how thermal air currents can distort the radar sensors (assuming they do). Were you in a group of cars and can put reasonable doubt that the plane clocked you or were you being an idiot and flying down the highway because you think you're invincible?
A ticket is a big deal for you or me, it's just 3 or 4 scribbled notes in a book for the officer. If you can make him look incompetent, you will get off.
Before you decide to fight, make sure you can afford court fees for when you lose. Aircraft-enforced tickets are rarely overturned because of the way they are measured.
My advice: quit making the mustang community look bad and be more careful before you kill someone. Running reds and doing 20 over is just reckless. Seriously, stop, what if someone was crossing the intersection that you ran a red on?
+1000
I was almost tboned if i hadnt had ran off the road to avoid it from someone running a red
Old 05-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Also the speed trap is proof enough, pretty much if the officer says or your clocked at a speed then you shouldn't have been going that speed.
Im not sure how the laws are in your state but traffic laws are pretty generic.
When having a fast car you need to be mature enough to drive it and obey the law, if you have the speed bug go to the track or strip not risking peoples lives on public streets speeding and running reds
Old 05-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
You're really lucky they didn't get you at 85; 20 over is a felony in some states.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I only got one ticket and fought it because I was doing 70 in a 65 and the cop said I was doing 90 I took him to court and told them I want to see when the radar was last inspected and I won
Old 05-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Next time, insist that the officer who clocked you signs the ticket before you sign it.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure
You're really lucky they didn't get you at 85; 20 over is a felony in some states.
+1 ur *** is grass in NC if u do that. They will take ur car
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt
Next time, insist that the officer who clocked you signs the ticket before you sign it.
What difference does that make? These internet myths are getting funny.

Next you're gonna say if the officer signs with the left hand the ticket is void.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Don't waste your money on an attorney, your going to lose anyway. Go to the prosecutor's office and find out what your options are. Did you go to traffic school for the red light? Plead poverty, try to see if you can do some community service in light of the fine.

You need to pay a little more attention to your driving. Find out what the prosecutor can do and don't show up looking like a gangster. Or you can always try the I get an attorney and fight it. If you do win, that only means you won a battle, not the war. I spent many years in unmarked and marked units. I took special interest in those that liked to waste my time showing up to court. I have and many officers have long memories.

Planes are still getting a big workout nabbing speeders in Ohio and Florida.

Planes are still getting a big workout nabbing speeders in Ohio and Florida.

Last year, the Ohio Highway Patrol said it issued more than 16,000 speeding tickets based on aircraft observations, down only a little from a five-year high of 18,000 written in 2009.

Read more at Ohio troopers nab speeders from sky - Toledo Blade
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I just got out of a speeding ticket for $300 including court costs. My lawyer got it reduced to "improper equipment" non moving violation and I didn't even have to take the day off work. I had another one 6 months earlier too that was taken care of.
Rejekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
What difference does that make? These internet myths are getting funny.

Next you're gonna say if the officer signs with the left hand the ticket is void.
Hahaha. You're about half right LF. Years ago, here in Ca, it was rumored (pre internet) that if you asked for the pilot to sign the ticket that the CHP would tell you that if they have to shut down the freeway and land the plane, you would be charged for the costs incurred. As stated earlier, this is their business. They have it down to a science. Except for the rare case, the best you can hope for is to go to court and pray that the officer doesn't show. Good luck with that. They get paid well to go hang around the courthouse all day.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejekt View Post
I just got out of a speeding ticket for $300 including court costs. My lawyer got it reduced to "improper equipment" non moving violation and I didn't even have to take the day off work. I had another one 6 months earlier too that was taken care of.
Contact info for your lawyer please. Lol.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post
Should've cleared some things up about the red light....i was turning left and there were two
Cars in front of me also turning left and so i decided to turn also but by the time i went it was red and the cop decided to write me up.. And going 18 over on the highway in the fast lane isnt going to make me lose control..c'mon now im in love with my mustang you think im gonna be nonchalantly cruising through red lights? Haha
Bballing0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Your insurance is going to be scary... I'm 21. Have a GT And one ticket for speeding when I was 19. My insurance is like $380 a month.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't even have to go looking for the lawyer. They sent me about 50 letters with offers to take care of it for me in the first week I had the ticket.

Fight it, get a laywer and they will take care of it.
Rejekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

And going 18 over on the highway in the fast lane isnt going to make me lose control..c'mon now im in love with my mustang you think im gonna be nonchalantly cruising through red lights? Haha

With that attitude you better keep your attorney on a retainer. The forum will be seeing you again asking for help.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

talk to the officer an see if you can cut a deal be tactful and dont argue with him/her i had one case in highschool and before we entered the courtroom i approached him gave him my "sob story" on why i needed a license and he worked a deal with the judge i didnt get off scott free but i kept my license and insurance

Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC (Ret.)
satin06silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar