Well, tint is coming off! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davey13GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Blackwood
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Let me guess...your on duty patrolling right now?
Better go ticket those tinted windows!!
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
Better go ticket those tinted windows!!
Don't forget to speed while getting to your speed trap spot, then slam on the brakes and pull off the highway with no signal and punish the next guy for doing the same!
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davey13GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Blackwood
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Don't forget to speed while getting to your speed trap spot, then slam on the brakes and pull off the highway with no signal and punish the next guy for doing the same!
LMAO
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
LMAO
with some of the **** I have been seeing lately, I am about to start driving with my go pro again everyday. Seemed like things had calmed down so I stopped bringing it everywhere, but I guess the nice weather just caused all the ******* cops to come out of hibernation again.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tmenzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Eighty four
Region: Alabama
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
What a bunch of crybabies......my car looks no different than any other on this forum and yet I rarely get pulled over. Rarely meaning once every 4/5 yrs and if I do get pulled over it's because of something I did wrong and I have no reason to argue about it. I dont run a front which is required but if I get pulled over for not having one I'm sure as hell not going to pull out my vagina and cry about it. It is what it is....period. If you don't like the state laws.......move. "Illegal" tinted windows,no front plate ect ect are reasons to pull over people to look for bigger and better things. Pretty stupid argument if you ask me.
When I read things like this online I'm blown away that an actual person said this.
Tmenzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davey13GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Blackwood
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 260
Next time I get pulled over, I'm going to stutter my speech so bad, that it takes 5mins to say "Iiiiiiiimmm sssssssssoooorrrryy offffffffiiiiisssssseeeerrrrrr"
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmenzz View Post
When I read things like this online I'm blown away that an actual person said this.
ikr sounds like a hand fed robot.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #43
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
have fun running with the sheep? do as your told now...don't question anything!
So.....serious question. What have you done in your state to help combat these so called silly laws besides be defiant to the officers that follow/pull you over and rant on public forums? This is a serious question,not just me being a "sheep".
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
This thread..
The idea of being pulled over 'just because I drive a Mustang' or whatever you wanna insert is ridiculous.. Just like DDTCM said, ppl, you, me, him, anyone, get pulled because we broke a law, period..
Driving is not a right, it's a privilege, period.. In this country we change laws using the system set forth by the constitution, not by breaking the law because we disagree with it, that just sheds bad light in the rest of us Mustang owners.

The only time breaking a law is justified is when it involved basic human rights.. Breaking traffic laws 'in protest' is just immature and helps nothing..

And to whomever said the laws should be 'all or nothing' from state to state, that's a very socialist POV..

We are pushing into 'politics' here, this forum doesn't allow that.. So with that food for thought, I'll bow out.. Later kids.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
So.....serious question. What have you done in your state to help combat these so called silly laws besides be defiant to the officers that follow/pull you over and rant on public forums? This is a serious question,not just me being a "sheep".
I actually used to send footage in from my go pro. I was nice too. I didn't send them in because they made one mistake either. They'd be videos of the cops speeding, weaving in and out of traffic with no turn signals, catch them chatting on their cell phones, cutting people off, had video of me speeding following the cop speeding for them to pull back next to me and point the go pro at them and watch them tear off. I never put any of it on youtube, never ended up sending it to the news. I honestly feel that was a mistake. The more these videos of the BS cops pull, not even just with driving but everyday life, the worse things are going to get. Personally all that ammo and guns the government was caught buying, I still believe they are preparing for war and by war I mean civil war. You don't have to be a genius to see the absolute hate for police country wide. It isn't limited to police but they sit right near the top of the list with how corrupt they are right now.

Can't say if it helped or not, but I always sent them in with a "heres your chance to do whats right, catch the same cop doing it twice the news sees it next" notes.

I think today I wouldn't be so nice. I'd compile them together and just keep giving them to the news outlets along with putting them up on youtube.

The sad thing is, I know where I live isn't as bad as other places. I've been to those other places. Probably still not even some of the worst places.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
This thread..
The idea of being pulled over 'just because I drive a Mustang' or whatever you wanna insert is ridiculous.. Just like DDTCM said, ppl, you, me, him, anyone, get pulled because we broke a law, period..
Driving is not a right, it's a privilege, period.. In this country we change laws using the system set forth by the constitution, not by breaking the law because we disagree with it, that just sheds bad light in the rest of us Mustang owners.

The only time breaking a law is justified is when it involved basic human rights.. Breaking traffic laws 'in protest' is just immature and helps nothing..

And to whomever said the laws should be 'all or nothing' from state to state, that's a very socialist POV..

We are pushing into 'politics' here, this forum doesn't allow that.. So with that food for thought, I'll bow out.. Later kids.
you misread what I said. I don't care if you are a mod, you should learn to slow down and comprehend what you read first before spouting off posts.

I said that for the tint law, if you are going to force 50% for the front two windows, you should force 50% for all windows. Can't say that you need 50% to be able to see inside of a Van to be safe, but then allow 5% tint of all other windows but the windshield.

I never said all states should have the same tint laws.

also while I am with you, driving is a right, deciding how I can treat my own personal property is not. Enforcing laws that protect everyone, sure do it. Forcing my car to have catalytic convertors doesn't protect people on the road, we can get into the environment argument, but that is hard to justify when other options cannot be looked at because Catalytic convertors are a must, even if better options exist. Having dark tint doesn't protect other drivers on the road. If my goal is to have a gun on me and shoot a cop, it will happen, regardless of if you have dark tint or not.

Having the gun hidden and then when the cop is looking at your papers pull the gun and shoot him, just doesn't make sense. There are to many variables to just choose one small factor, tint, and claim it the greatest evil.

Also if you don't protest laws, then who will? someone has to stand up against these crooked cops. If your too scared too, don't worry there are those of us who will.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 41
I have front plates, no tint, almost quiet exhaust, insurance, and a good lawyer if all else fails. Would you like a coke w/ that "Sir" sandwich officer......
You have to get in where you fit in. If nobody is running tint because its illegal, then you're attracting unnecassary attention to yourself if you have tint.
Same thing w/ everything else. Certain police officers have to generate revenue, and you make it easy for them.
fun4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #48
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
The idea of thinking a law is a law is why there are so many laws in the first place. If you just accept and follow laws then they are going to make more of them. What if in the 1700s when Britain had control over us, what if we just followed the laws and accepted them, where would we be today. Without any challenge in the law the government shows its muscle and tries to control us.

People need to be able to think and not just act as sheep, if there is no reason for a law then there should not be one, period. You can go ahead and just obey the governments every command in life but if you do then you are going to need a lot of lube because you are going to get ****ed up the *** so many times.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
also I do get followed and tailed because I drive a mustang. Same areas seeing the same cops and driving my 2007 Tundra or even my moms minivan the few times i've had to drive it, never had a cop look at me twice, can turn around same day and go by the same cop in my stang and they will be right behind me up my *** watching me for any mistake possible.

I drove a 2007 Tundra from early 2007 to early 2011 exclusively until I got the stang and I almost never got followed. I at least get followed once a week in the stang and that was even back when it had cats on and was quiet.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #50
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

And to whomever said the laws should be 'all or nothing' from state to state, that's a very socialist POV..

We are pushing into 'politics' here, this forum doesn't allow that.. So with that food for thought, I'll bow out.. Later kids.
Social pov? I would have to disagree. But... I believe that it was being pointed out how subjective and stupid tint laws are. They are not in place for safety, if they were, most states would be on the same page.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #51
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I have tinted headlights, tail lights, no front plate and no catalytic converters. Who am I endangering? Cars are more efficient than people think. In comparison the cows in CAFOs produce much more carbon gas from their farts than cars do. So if you say Catless cars are hurting the environment then you are just being a hypocrite when you buy fast food or any non organic meat.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #52
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

you misread what I said. I don't care if you are a mod, you should learn to slow down and comprehend what you read first before spouting off posts..
+1
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Can't wait to see the new pictures, those WITHOUT the tint!Thank God CBP tossed you out!
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I have tinted headlights, tail lights, no front plate and no catalytic converters. Who am I endangering? Cars are more efficient than people think. In comparison the cows in CAFOs produce much more carbon gas from their farts than cars do. So if you say Catless cars are hurting the environment then you are just being a hypocrite when you buy fast food or any non organic meat.
my point exactly. I forget who but I thought one of the vehicle manufactures proved they could produce cleaner cars without catalytic convertors but because the US laws won't adjust and change from a law made in the 70's we are actually holding back our clean and efficient cars by not allowing different tech types in.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

you misread what I said. I don't care if you are a mod, you should learn to slow down and comprehend what you read first before spouting off posts.

I said that for the tint law, if you are going to force 50% for the front two windows, you should force 50% for all windows. Can't say that you need 50% to be able to see inside of a Van to be safe, but then allow 5% tint of all other windows but the windshield.

I never said all states should have the same tint laws.

also while I am with you, driving is a right, deciding how I can treat my own personal property is not. Enforcing laws that protect everyone, sure do it. Forcing my car to have catalytic convertors doesn't protect people on the road, we can get into the environment argument, but that is hard to justify when other options cannot be looked at because Catalytic convertors are a must, even if better options exist. Having dark tint doesn't protect other drivers on the road. If my goal is to have a gun on me and shoot a cop, it will happen, regardless of if you have dark tint or not.

Having the gun hidden and then when the cop is looking at your papers pull the gun and shoot him, just doesn't make sense. There are to many variables to just choose one small factor, tint, and claim it the greatest evil.

Also if you don't protest laws, then who will? someone has to stand up against these crooked cops. If your too scared too, don't worry there are those of us who will.
First I'm not a mod(dictionary please), second window tint, the law at hand, is NOT the type of law to be protested by breaking it, very different then actual human rights.
You're flat out wrong, driving is not your right, it's a privilege that must be earned and has stipulations like insurance etc. actual human rights, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness have no stipulations.
The stipulations associated with driving are needed for the most part, I think we can agree a nation full of uninsured motorists is bad idea.
I would that you, need some understanding of how things actually work and how the constitution actually before 'spouting off' as you say..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
LovinmyGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florence
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 207
On my hour long drive to work everyday I drive through Cincinnati which has quite the police force, have never been harrassed or tailed/ ticketed, then I go through Arlington heights which is a small city .27 square miles. I see people pulled over just about every day in this area and I myself have been pulled over in the past.(learned to go 5 miles under limit in this area lol) but I would have to agree with nosympothy on this one, they had around 4500 tickets last year and cincy had a third of that.. I think certain cities are out to just harass and pickpocket us. I mean a city that small with 700 people living in it writing that many tickets isn't corrupt? Which they actually were.. but that's another story..
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #57
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

my point exactly. I forget who but I thought one of the vehicle manufactures proved they could produce cleaner cars without catalytic convertors but because the US laws won't adjust and change from a law made in the 70's we are actually holding back our clean and efficient cars by not allowing different tech types in.
My friend knows someone who has a Vette with a built motor and Twin turbos and no cats and his emissions were almost non-existent.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

First I'm not a mod(dictionary please), second window tint, the law at hand, is NOT the type of law to be protested by breaking it, very different then actual human rights.
You're flat out wrong, driving is not your right, it's a privilege that must be earned and has stipulations like insurance etc. actual human rights, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness have no stipulations.
The stipulations associated with driving are needed for the most part, I think we can agree a nation full of uninsured motorists is bad idea.
I would that you, need some understanding of how things actually work and how the constitution actually before 'spouting off' as you say..
You proved our point in your post, we have the right to property. So why do they feel like they can force us to make certain decisions with our property based on these unjust laws? Because they can, that's the whole point. With great power comes great responsibility, something our government doesn't seem to understand.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #58
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

My friend knows someone who has a Vette with a built motor and Twin turbos and no cats and his emissions were almost non-existent.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------



You proved our point in your post, we have the right to property. So why do they feel like they can force us to make certain decisions with our property based on these unjust laws? Because they can, that's the whole point. With great power comes great responsibility, something our government doesn't seem to understand.
I agree, and am not debating that. Breaking a tint law has ZERO affect towards rectifying that injustice is my point. Ppl bring the unjust laws down on themselves is my point.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #59
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

I agree, and am not debating that. Breaking a tint law has ZERO affect towards rectifying that injustice is my point. Ppl bring the unjust laws down on themselves is my point.
I agree to that.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
First I'm not a mod(dictionary please), second window tint, the law at hand, is NOT the type of law to be protested by breaking it, very different then actual human rights.
You're flat out wrong, driving is not your right, it's a privilege that must be earned and has stipulations like insurance etc. actual human rights, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness have no stipulations.
The stipulations associated with driving are needed for the most part, I think we can agree a nation full of uninsured motorists is bad idea.
I would that you, need some understanding of how things actually work and how the constitution actually before 'spouting off' as you say..
lol at pretty much all of that. I agree on some things. Others I don't. Insurance is a must, obviously. there is no fight there. Lets take seatbelts. It has been proven that depending on the situation seat belts can do more harm than good. Can break bones, get entangled trapping you in your car, etc. onward. Sometimes they do save you. How is me driving down the road without a seatbelt an endangerment to anyone else? Even other passengers? Specially when per Ohio Law for example, sitting in the back seat does not require a seat belt. Sitting in the front seat does require a seatbelt. How is that different? your chance of injury is still the same...you can still die, specially a younger kid, yet they don't have to wear seat belts in the back.

years ago people drove 80 on the highways, didn't wear seatbelts, etc. onward and lived just fine. Then lawyers found ways to sue and make money over things they shouldn't be able to and all these issues came about. Once you sneak one set of rules in then you can sneak more. I don't think I said they are breaking the constitution law. Though everyone seems cool with doing that anyway by trying to ban guns.

I think the real issue, and it has been shown, for safety on our roads is our driving schools. There is a reason many foreign countries have less strict laws on the road than we do, they are trained to drive better. We have bad drivers, corrupt police, silly laws, people who want things they should be allowed to have as they don't harm others, and you really just get chaos.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #61
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

I agree to that.
Only thing it does is feed 'the machine' and separate ppl from their free time and money.

I mean, if you know you've been targeted for having dark windows, been ticketed, made to remove it, in some cases more then once, how much sense does it make to keep putting the tint back on and keep getting ticketed and appearing in court or paying fines etc.
there are smarter ways to fight back.
Work smarter not harder.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post
On my hour long drive to work everyday I drive through Cincinnati which has quite the police force, have never been harrassed or tailed/ ticketed, then I go through Arlington heights which is a small city .27 square miles. I see people pulled over just about every day in this area and I myself have been pulled over in the past.(learned to go 5 miles under limit in this area lol) but I would have to agree with nosympothy on this one, they had around 4500 tickets last year and cincy had a third of that.. I think certain cities are out to just harass and pickpocket us. I mean a city that small with 700 people living in it writing that many tickets isn't corrupt? Which they actually were.. but that's another story..
Arlington and Reading are the two worst. Reading is where I would get tailed regardless of time of day. 4 giant lane road that every other city it goes through is 35 but then is 25 through reading. If you go 26mph they will write you a ticket. I kid you not. Tell me that isn't corrupt. Your speedo could be off 1mph and you'd get a ticket from it.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #63
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

I would that you, need some understanding of how things actually work and how the constitution actually before 'spouting off' as you say..
Trying to make a point with a confusing jumbled post is never a good idea. Sentence structure goes a long way.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

lol at pretty much all of that. I agree on some things. Others I don't. Insurance is a must, obviously. there is no fight there. Lets take seatbelts. It has been proven that depending on the situation seat belts can do more harm than good. Can break bones, get entangled trapping you in your car, etc. onward. Sometimes they do save you. How is me driving down the road without a seatbelt an endangerment to anyone else? Even other passengers? Specially when per Ohio Law for example, sitting in the back seat does not require a seat belt. Sitting in the front seat does require a seatbelt. How is that different? your chance of injury is still the same...you can still die, specially a younger kid, yet they don't have to wear seat belts in the back.

years ago people drove 80 on the highways, didn't wear seatbelts, etc. onward and lived just fine. Then lawyers found ways to sue and make money over things they shouldn't be able to and all these issues came about. Once you sneak one set of rules in then you can sneak more. I don't think I said they are breaking the constitution law. Though everyone seems cool with doing that anyway by trying to ban guns.

I think the real issue, and it has been shown, for safety on our roads is our driving schools. There is a reason many foreign countries have less strict laws on the road than we do, they are trained to drive better. We have bad drivers, corrupt police, silly laws, people who want things they should be allowed to have as they don't harm others, and you really just get chaos.
Seat belts and motorcycle helmets save far more live then they take. Fact

'If a mind must be convinced a helmet or seatbelt is a good idea, then that mind may not be worth convincing.'

While I agree seatbelts and helmets should be a choice, I always wear mine and when I ride my sport bike I always wear a snell approved helmet and leather.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Trying to make a point with a confusing jumbled post is never a good idea. Sentence structure goes a long way.
+1 LOL
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Trying to make a point with a confusing jumbled post is never a good idea. Sentence structure goes a long way.
When losing an argument, always resort to correcting grammar.. Thank you, I'll keep that in mind sir.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #67
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1987290577.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	110584

Have a good night.. Farewell.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #68
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Seat belts and motorcycle helmets save far more live then they take. Fact

'If a mind must be convinced a helmet or seatbelt is a good idea, then that mind may not be worth convincing.'

While I agree seatbelts and helmets should be a choice, I always wear mine and when I ride my sport bike I always wear a snell approved helmet and leather.
Exactly, it's our life that we are risking not wearing a seatbelt or helmet, why should they force us to? I always wear a seatbelt, even when others in the car aren't. But that's the point where the government stepped in too far.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davey13GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Blackwood
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Can't wait to see the new pictures, those WITHOUT the tint!Thank God CBP tossed you out!
Never worked for CBP! Boarding Officer in the USCG! Did Port security, drug interdiction and container and ship inspections! Seized more drugs in a single year than most cops could ever see in their career. You tell me, keeping drugs from hitting the streets or breaking people's balls with stupid traffic laws?? The CBP tried to recruit me in my last year, turned it down. I received numerous commendations and awards in the Coast Guard for my law enforcement accomplishments. Wasn't my cup of tea, but I did what I signed up to do and followed orders.

And to the guy who said driving is a privilege, what Country do you think this is man? This is the United States of America, we're supposed to be a nation built upon FREEDOM. Way I see it, driving is a RIGHT, not a privilege. If Uncle Sam decides to give me a car and pay my insurance, than maybe I would concede your point. This is what happens see, when the people get so accustomed to being oppressed by the Government. Driving is a privilege, tinted windows are illegal, don't drink a beer sitting on your front lawn, keep your music down, taxes on soft drinks because they're "bad", wear your seatbelt because its SAFE for you, the second amendment is AMENDABLE, you don't have a RIGHT to own a rifle or a handgun or God forbid carry one for your own protection, that's what cops are for!! (When they aren't stopping cars that don't comply with auto laws!)

Because those are all the reasons so much blood was spilled for this Country right? So the Government can tell us what's safe, what's not and how to live! I feel less free and more under a state of constant government control every day...and it's sick.
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Seat belts and motorcycle helmets save far more live then they take. Fact

'If a mind must be convinced a helmet or seatbelt is a good idea, then that mind may not be worth convincing.'

While I agree seatbelts and helmets should be a choice, I always wear mine and when I ride my sport bike I always wear a snell approved helmet and leather.
see your really on my side, just not wanting to fully admit it haha. When it comes to cars, motorcycles, etc. anything that does not harm another human being or the property of the state, the roads etc. should be an option. When I say the roads I mean you shouldn't get to drive around in chains in mid summer and tear the roads up, kinda obvious.

Tint hurts no one, no front plate hurts no one, seat belts hurts no one else, etc.

things that are distracting, phones, texting, etc. Agreed shouldn't happen.

the thing is, i've seen it in Ohio, happened up in Columbus, they brought up removing the front license plate requirement, and the police whined about how it would be harder for them to do their job without a front plate.

Once a law like that gets put into place, it is nearly impossible to get it removed. Not that it can't be removed, but it is very hard. Sometimes rebellion is the only way to fight back. As pointed out before, it broke us free from the british, not following everything they said and just saying out loud how you disagree with it.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.