Well, tint is coming off! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #71
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post

Never worked for CBP! Boarding Officer in the USCG! Did Port security, drug interdiction and container and ship inspections! Seized more drugs in a single year than most cops could ever see in their career. You tell me, keeping drugs from hitting the streets or breaking people's balls with stupid traffic laws?? The CBP tried to recruit me in my last year, turned it down. I received numerous commendations and awards in the Coast Guard for my law enforcement accomplishments. Wasn't my cup of tea, but I did what I signed up to do and followed orders.

And to the guy who said driving is a privilege, what Country do you think this is man? This is the United States of America, we're supposed to be a nation built upon FREEDOM. Way I see it, driving is a RIGHT, not a privilege. If Uncle Sam decides to give me a car and pay my insurance, than maybe I would concede your point. This is what happens see, when the people get so accustomed to being oppressed by the Government. Driving is a privilege, tinted windows are illegal, don't drink a beer sitting on your front lawn, keep your music down, taxes on soft drinks because they're "bad", wear your seatbelt because its SAFE for you, the second amendment is AMENDABLE, you don't have a RIGHT to own a rifle or a handgun or God forbid carry one for your own protection, that's what cops are for!! (When they aren't stopping cars that don't comply with auto laws!)

Because those are all the reasons so much blood was spilled for this Country right? So the Government can tell us what's safe, what's not and how to live! I feel less free and more under a state of constant government control every day...and it's sick.
I love you dude (no homo)
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #72
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

When losing an argument, always resort to correcting grammar.. Thank you, I'll keep that in mind sir.
I'm not losing anything buddy. In fact, I'm not arguing anything, except for the fact that cops could use their time more wisely and practice what they preach.

I'm correcting your grammar because its giving me a headache trying to read your posts. How do you think you could possibly be winning an argument when no one can understand what the hell your talking about?
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #73
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I'm going to major in business, I wonder if I should change to politics lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
LovinmyGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florence
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Arlington and Reading are the two worst. Reading is where I would get tailed regardless of time of day. 4 giant lane road that every other city it goes through is 35 but then is 25 through reading. If you go 26mph they will write you a ticket. I kid you not. Tell me that isn't corrupt. Your speedo could be off 1mph and you'd get a ticket from it.
Yea reading sucks its ridiculous.. I had a jeep wrangler and it was covered in mud.. got pulled over and a cop harassed the hell outta me bout a jeep tearin up the park in the valley and said he was gonna get measurements on my tires tread and s*** patted me down and searched my jeep all because a jeep (didn't have a color or plates) tore through a park.. I was pissed I lived in ky at the time visiting family In reading and I went muddin like 2 weeks earlier on a buddies farm.
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:31 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
maldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 1,563
That blows big donkey dicks..... You're car looks awesome with tinted windows.
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoScary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madison
Region: Alabama
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyllicious View Post
I disagree that cops spend 95 percent of their time harassing people. You should ride a few days and see how it really is. Albeit some cops are total ******s but a lot aren't.
Agree! You have absolutely no idea what a cops day is like. No idea at all. My wife's a cop so I get to hear/see what the public doesn't and it would open up your eyes. Next time you actually NEED a cop, you might appreciate them better.

If you think they are just out there to harass the public you have a twisted view of reality.

Cops don't make the laws in your state, your lawmakers do. Every traffic stop a cop makes is fraught with danger as many drivers have guns in their vehicles. An officer has to be able to see if the driver is reaching for a weapon so that's why there are tint laws. Every state has them.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
Anyone who believes a cops day is spent writing tickets and that they enjoy it...you ate mistaken at least for the most part. I am sure there are a few that truly enjoy traffic patrol etc. however saying 95% of cops time is spent harassing the public and 5% spent helping..at least in the state of Texas that could not be further from the truth. Those numbers should b flipped. I have 600 minutes of work each and every night I am on duty. Normally my traffic minutes are less than 60 it 10% and I would be considered "active" for my platoon. It is easy to forget when we are frustrated by a ticket or when an interaction w law enforcement doesn't go exactly our way. Please go ride w an officer. U may b able to see how stopping one car could have prevented that drunk from killing someone's loved one. Or how we can get called to a domestic disturbance in time to save a wife from having the life beat out of her while her young children watch helplessly. Police will never be seen in the correct light, and for the most part we accept that. We don't do this job to make u happy or get praise.

I personally don't agree w some of the traffic laws in my state, does that mean I ignore those and only obey others? No. Texas is a two plate state I can sympathize with the window tint I love my tint and am thankful it is legal in my state. The heat n the summers would b unbearable. However there has been various instances where troops have walked up to a car only to be shot through the overly tinted window. Or how about spotting little "Runaway Adam" who has been kidnapped because the windows are too dark. The laws in each state vary sometimes due to particular case law for the state. I know it may suck to you but may make a difference to someone else.

Go ahead and hate flame etc
Well said!
__________________
2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra SVT PP purchased 9/11/2012
Black with Gold "Supersnake style" Stripes + Recaro Seats + Borla ATAKs
Premium Electronics + Shaker 1000 Pro Audio
* Team Shelby * Mustang Club of America
* Rocket City Mustang Club * Limestone County Mustang Club
SoScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoScary View Post

Agree! You have absolutely no idea what a cops day is like. No idea at all. My wife's a cop so I get to hear/see what the public doesn't and it would open up your eyes. Next time you actually NEED a cop, you might appreciate them better.

If you think they are just out there to harass the public you have a twisted view of reality.

Cops dong make the laws in your state, your lawmakers do. Every traffic stop a cop makes is fraught with danger as many drivers have guns in their vehicles. An officer has to be able to see if the driver is teaching for a weapon so that's why there are tint laws. Every state has them.
Lol. There are rare few cops who are not that way but to blantently say cops are perfect just because you know one good cop? Idiotic. Next time I need a cop I am going to order a pizza too. I'll get the pizza and have eaten it by the time the cop arrives. I have a gun for that reason among others.

Most cops do enjoy harassing the public. No they may not make the laws, but when they purposely enforce laws that are silly and pointless. Whole another story.

Also they are a responsible party for some laws. As I stated before cops in our state crying like little girls are the reason we still have a front plate law.

There are a few cops in the extended part of our family and the few times I've seen them they say the same thing. They don't pretend it doesn't happen, they upfront admit most cops are crooked and out on a crazy power trip.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoScary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madison
Region: Alabama
Posts: 129
Actually I know dozens of cops.... The dept where my wife works has zero tolerance for crooked cops.
__________________
2013 Shelby GT500 Cobra SVT PP purchased 9/11/2012
Black with Gold "Supersnake style" Stripes + Recaro Seats + Borla ATAKs
Premium Electronics + Shaker 1000 Pro Audio
* Team Shelby * Mustang Club of America
* Rocket City Mustang Club * Limestone County Mustang Club
SoScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #79
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
A cop upholding the law doesn't make them crooked. But that doesn't mean their time is spent in the wrong areas. And I can tell you...tint isn't going to hurt anyone.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #80
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
So I've had my windows tinted for a little over a month, 1 ticket and 5 traffic stops later, I'm taking it off. It's such BS. I would just go lighter, but NJ/PA law is zero window tint on front windows. My hatred for the BS laws of the state continues to grow...and for prick cops who got nothing better to do with their time but stop me JUST because I have tinted windows. I always do the speed limit and abide by traffic laws. But I'm getting sick of the police tailing my car because they see $$$$ signs in tickets.

Funny thing is, all 5 traffic stops were by young cops. That's not saying something is it?
Why is a cop in the wrong for upholding a law?Just because you broke the law by putting on darker tint does not make the police wrong for inforcing it. You should have examined the laws for tint in your area before spending your money.

Police have it tough enough approching a stopped vehicle without having to not see into it. Police get shot because they have to approach a vehicle they cannot see into.

Too bad you got fined, but its your own fault.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
A cop upholding the law doesn't make them crooked. But that doesn't mean their time is spent in the wrong areas. And I can tell you...tint isn't going to hurt anyone.
My bad. I meant cops are corrupt when they uphold a law they break so easily. I wasn't clear on that.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #82
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
A cop upholding the law doesn't make them crooked. But that doesn't mean their time is spent in the wrong areas. And I can tell you...tint isn't going to hurt anyone.
Too dark of a tint will. If a police officer stops a vehicle, they need to be able to see into a car. Crooks seem to have more rights these days than the police. Imagine an officer trying to do their job. They approch a vehicle, can't see into the car, and some nut driver pulls a gun on the police.

Is that fair? I see nothing silly or pointless in enforcing a law that protects a police officer from putting them in a dangerous situation for them because some motorist wants a cool look. Put yourself in their position. Do you want to approch a vehicle that you just pulled over that you cannot see into? I bet not.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
Davey13GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Blackwood
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 260
Someday I will need the police? LMAO! Yet again, another sheep who thinks its the governments job to protect them! I don't need police officers to protect me! How did that work out for the Jews when Hitlers Police state disarmed them and herded them together for their own safety?

Don't get me wrong, Police Officers are needed to keep society clean from those who wish to infringe on the safety and way of life of the rest of us, but I don't rely on Police to keep me safe. Remember, when only seconds count, Police are just minutes away!

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

And I do have respect for Police Officers who serve the public, not the state. I could have easily gotten a civilian law enforcement job with my experience, but I wouldn't last long, because I have too much free will. I wouldn't enforce bogus laws designed to restrict liberties that shouldn't be infringed upon, or laws designed as revenue generators. No thanks. I would choose to serve the people, and that would get me fired real quick.
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #84
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

Too dark of a tint will. If a police officer stops a vehicle, they need to be able to see into a car. Crooks seem to have more rights these days than the police. Emagine an officer trying to do their job. They approch a vehicle, can't see into the car, and some nut driver pulls a gun on the police.

Is that fair? I see nothing silly or pointless in enforcing a law that protects a police officer from putting them in a dangerous situation for them because some motorist wants a cool look. Put yourself in their position. Do you want to approch a vehicle that you just pulled over that you cannot see into? I bet not.
That's exactly my point. Cops should be doing their job. Their job is to protect and serve. Not serve window tint tickets and set up money traps. If a cop is pulling a car over for just tint, they are jerks and not spending their time in the right area. For every cop that stops someone for tint, there is someone who needs help who now has to wait longer because he's giving a window tint ticket.

My wife was hit by a car while running, and it took the cop 20 minutes to show up, and her excuse was she was wrapping up a window tint ticket... That shows you where the priorities are right there.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
Anyone who believes a cops day is spent writing tickets and that they enjoy it...you ate mistaken at least for the most part. I am sure there are a few that truly enjoy traffic patrol etc. however saying 95% of cops time is spent harassing the public and 5% spent helping..at least in the state of Texas that could not be further from the truth. Those numbers should b flipped. I have 600 minutes of work each and every night I am on duty. Normally my traffic minutes are less than 60 it 10% and I would be considered "active" for my platoon. It is easy to forget when we are frustrated by a ticket or when an interaction w law enforcement doesn't go exactly our way. Please go ride w an officer. U may b able to see how stopping one car could have prevented that drunk from killing someone's loved one. Or how we can get called to a domestic disturbance in time to save a wife from having the life beat out of her while her young children watch helplessly. Police will never be seen in the correct light, and for the most part we accept that. We don't do this job to make u happy or get praise.

I personally don't agree w some of the traffic laws in my state, does that mean I ignore those and only obey others? No. Texas is a two plate state I can sympathize with the window tint I love my tint and am thankful it is legal in my state. The heat n the summers would b unbearable. However there has been various instances where troops have walked up to a car only to be shot through the overly tinted window. Or how about spotting little "Runaway Adam" who has been kidnapped because the windows are too dark. The laws in each state vary sometimes due to particular case law for the state. I know it may suck to you but may make a difference to someone else.

Go ahead and hate flame etc
I grew up in the 60s, the highest respected job you could have was being a police officer. I wonder what happened, could it be the double standards? One example, and I could give you hundreds. Indianapolis cop runs over 3 bikers, killing one, while drunk on duty. The cover up went all the way to the top, they even had an unqualified person do the bac test. It took many thousand protesting bikers to even get charges brought against the cop. It took 2 1/2 yrs for the guy to spend a night in jail, and that was only due to the puke being drunk driving in another county. BTW, the cop doing the biggest part of the cover up, is now second in command for your beloved state of Texas.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
LovinmyGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florence
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I grew up in the 60s, the highest respected job you could have was being a police officer. I wonder what happened, could it be the double standards? One example, and I could give you hundreds. Indianapolis cop runs over 3 bikers, killing one, while drunk on duty. The cover up went all the way to the top, they even had an unqualified person do the bac test. It took many thousand protesting bikers to even get charges brought against the cop. It took 2 1/2 yrs for the guy to spend a night in jail, and that was only due to the puke being drunk driving in another county. BTW, the cop doing the biggest part of the cover up, is now second in command for your beloved state of Texas.
That's messed up..
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #87
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
You can easily see into windows tinted 15%, so that throws our the argument of seeing into windows. I've said it and ill say it again. Police are around to protect us, not tell us what we can and can't do to OUR PROPERTY. The Constitution was based off of John Lockes idea of Life, Liberty, and Property. I should be able to do what I want to my car and not be hassled for it if no one is in danger.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I don't remember who said it.

When they came for the communist, I said nothing, because I'm not a communist.

When they came for the socialist, I said nothing, because I'm not a socialist.

When they came for the trade unionists, I said nothing because I'm no trade unionists.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak.

Stupid laws need to be broken, it's the only way to change things. If it weren't for my generation speeding, ya'll would still be driving 55mph.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
So I've had my windows tinted for a little over a month, 1 ticket and 5 traffic stops later, I'm taking it off. It's such BS. I would just go lighter, but NJ/PA law is zero window tint on front windows. My hatred for the BS laws of the state continues to grow...and for prick cops who got nothing better to do with their time but stop me JUST because I have tinted windows. I always do the speed limit and abide by traffic laws. But I'm getting sick of the police tailing my car because they see $$$$ signs in tickets.

Funny thing is, all 5 traffic stops were by young cops. That's not saying something is it?
Well it's your own fault for Having the tint so dark. Maybe if you went lighter it wouldn't be as bad
__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I don't remember who said it.

When they came for the communist, I said nothing, because I'm not a communist.

When they came for the socialist, I said nothing, because I'm not a socialist.

When they came for the trade unionists, I said nothing because I'm no trade unionists.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak.

Stupid laws need to be broken, it's the only way to change things. If it weren't for my generation speeding, ya'll would still be driving 55mph.
+1 and an excellent point.

People don't want to stand up for anything anymore and when they think they do, it is by holding up a sign that most people ignore anyway as they are generally rude protestors to the people they want to support them.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #91
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

Well it's your own fault for Having the tint so dark. Maybe if you went lighter it wouldn't be as bad
And when you conform like that the government sees that and then they think they can put even stricter laws on us. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

+1 and an excellent point.

People don't want to stand up for anything anymore and when they think they do, it is by holding up a sign that most people ignore anyway as they are generally rude protestors to the people they want to support them.
+100000000000000
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #92
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
There is no right or wrong is this discussion. It's all opinions. For all the ones saying Don't conform to laws like window tint......what have you done on this issue besides break the law and rant on a public forum?


Soccerluvr4........what have you done to fight laws like these in your state? It seems like you are willing to break the laws (or not conform is what you call it) because you don't think it's right but you haven't mention doing anything "Proactive". No one in this thread has talked about being Proactive. Everything has been Reactive.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
There is no right or wrong is this discussion. It's all opinions. For all the ones saying Don't conform to laws like window tint......what have you done on this issue besides break the law and rant on a public forum?

Soccerluvr4........what have you done to fight laws like these in your state? It seems like you are willing to break the laws (or not conform is what you call it) because you don't think it's right but you haven't mention doing anything "Proactive". No one in this thread has talked about being Proactive. Everything has been Reactive.
I did. Guess you should go back and find where I replied to your last post like this.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #94
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
You sent video tapes to the police station? What was the outcome of that? Did you follow up on it? Did you actually speak to anyone about the issues,tapes that you sent in or what was going to be done about those situations that were recorded? You are one person who replied to that out of all the people posting in this thread. Sending in anonomous videos without follow up is not being proactive (if that's what you did)
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gordito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CG
Region: Arizona
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Stupid laws need to be broken, it's the only way to change things. If it weren't for my generation speeding, ya'll would still be driving 55mph.
Thanks!
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
god I love Florida
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #97
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
There is no right or wrong is this discussion. It's all opinions. For all the ones saying Don't conform to laws like window tint......what have you done on this issue besides break the law and rant on a public forum?

Soccerluvr4........what have you done to fight laws like these in your state? It seems like you are willing to break the laws (or not conform is what you call it) because you don't think it's right but you haven't mention doing anything "Proactive". No one in this thread has talked about being Proactive. Everything has been Reactive.
How about during the American Revolution, all the protesting they did had no effect, it was when they acted that something happened. It has been said in this thread before. People can protest all they want with signs and stuff but it won't do anything.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #98
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
How about during the American Revolution, all the protesting they did had no effect, it was when they acted that something happened. It has been said in this thread before. People can protest all they want with signs and stuff but it won't do anything.

Can you answer the question? I'm not talking about protesting. Im asking what have YOU done to be proactive?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
So I've had my windows tinted for a little over a month, 1 ticket and 5 traffic stops later, I'm taking it off. It's such BS. I would just go lighter, but NJ/PA law is zero window tint on front windows. My hatred for the BS laws of the state continues to grow...and for prick cops who got nothing better to do with their time but stop me JUST because I have tinted windows. I always do the speed limit and abide by traffic laws. But I'm getting sick of the police tailing my car because they see $$$$ signs in tickets.

Funny thing is, all 5 traffic stops were by young cops. That's not saying something is it?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ yes indeed.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
This is why I LOVE ky. No emissions testing. No front plate. And very lose tint laws. But we do have the highest teen fatality rating but Jesus look at our roads and its bc parents don't teach there kids how to handle curves and they ride the brake through the whole curve
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You sent video tapes to the police station? What was the outcome of that? Did you follow up on it? Did you actually speak to anyone about the issues,tapes that you sent in or what was going to be done about those situations that were recorded? You are one person who replied to that out of all the people posting in this thread. Sending in anonomous videos without follow up is not being proactive (if that's what you did)
Who can say 100%. I did notice for a time period cops in those towns behaved more. Was that all me? Who knows and realistically not but maybe. No I didn't push it because things cooled down. I live in a different area of Cincinnati so I rarely drive over there enough anymore to care but it sounds from co workers of mine and other people i meet it is getting bad again. Exactly why I said I should have compiled a major video and gave it to news outlets and anyone else that would listen.

A few of the news stations around here would love to go after that kind of stuff just not everyone drives a car that gets profiled.

Hell look it up, Cincinnati police were impounding cars because their rims were too big. They got taken to court by individuals who had their cars impounded and that ***** stopped quick. That was a well known mess. They were impounding cars with 20"+ rims. Some of the cars, while not my taste, were nice cars. Their excuse is rims that size cannot safely be attached to the car and will come off and hit other drivers. Seriously, go watch the video with the black female cop saying this from Cincinnati.

It was around the same time I was looking at getting the stang and I had been looking at the camaro and challenger and they had options for 20" rims and I was looking at them impounding the car, factory stock, because of 20" rims....
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #102
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

Can you answer the question? I'm not talking about protesting. Im asking what have YOU done to be proactive?
Do you really think anyone is going to listen to an 18 year old in High School? Like Deadspot said, fight smart, not hard... Now let me ask you the same question.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

Can you answer the question? I'm not talking about protesting. Im asking what have YOU done to be proactive?
What do you consider to be proactive, writing politicians. Lol
By disobeying unjust laws, we are forcing lawmakers to be reactive.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #104
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Do you really think anyone is going to listen to an 18 year old in High School? Like Deadspot said, fight smart, not hard... Now let me ask you the same question.
Doesn't matter how old you are buddy. It's how you present yourself. To answer your question.....I have done nothing because I don't feel the need to fight stupid simple laws like tint ect.... You will understand later in life when you are older that there are more important things to worry about than tinted windows.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #105
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
What do you consider to be proactive, writing politicians. Lol
By disobeying unjust laws, we are forcing lawmakers to be reactive.
By disobeying what you think are unjust laws you are not forcing lawmakers to do anything. You are forcing LEO's to inforce simple laws when they could be doing something better......now that's wasting taxpayers money. You think a lawmaker gives a **** about the guy that refuses to follow the no tint law by having tint and then giving the LEO a hard time about it........hell no they don't. No matter how many times you fight that by not conforming it won't change. Do it the right way.......use your brain not your ego.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:42 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.