Well, tint is coming off! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Well, tint is coming off!

So I've had my windows tinted for a little over a month, 1 ticket and 5 traffic stops later, I'm taking it off. It's such BS. I would just go lighter, but NJ/PA law is zero window tint on front windows. My hatred for the BS laws of the state continues to grow...and for prick cops who got nothing better to do with their time but stop me JUST because I have tinted windows. I always do the speed limit and abide by traffic laws. But I'm getting sick of the police tailing my car because they see $$$$ signs in tickets.

Funny thing is, all 5 traffic stops were by young cops. That's not saying something is it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-431405223.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	533.6 KB
ID:	110499  
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Whole country is a police state. Police are not here to protect the people. They are here to steal from the people.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Whole country is a police state. Police are not here to protect the people. They are here to steal from the people.
Couldn't agree more!!! 95% of a typical cops job is spent pissing off the public who are not threat to anyone. The other 5% is spent actually doing something about people who ARE a threat to the public. "To protect and serve" my ***. More like "To harass the public for funds for the state"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'd move. If the state is that strict, they don't need my tax dollars to operate on. Come to Tennessee bro, if u get a ticket for ur windows being dark, ill pay it. If u get a ticket for ur car being loud or catless, ill pay it. Never heard of anything like that here. As long as u don't raise h*ll, u r good to go here.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #5

Region: Georgia
I disagree that cops spend 95 percent of their time harassing people. You should ride a few days and see how it really is. Albeit some cops are total ******s but a lot aren't.
dyllicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
I'd move. If the state is that strict, they don't need my tax dollars to operate on. Come to Tennessee bro, if u get a ticket for ur windows being dark, ill pay it. If u get a ticket for ur car being loud or catless, ill pay it. Never heard of anything like that here. As long as u don't raise h*ll, u r good to go here.
See the thing here even, Cincinnati and Kentucky cops are pretty cool usually. Mostly Kentucky cops. Its when you hit those stupid little suburbs that think they are better than everyone else. They will pull you over for anything. The one near where I used to live, I'd get tailed everytime I drove through there. It hit the point I'd pull into a parking lot and walk out to the sidewalk and stare at the cop with my phone out looking like I was recording until they'd drive away. I had wondered about actually recording them every time and seeing about filing a harrasment lawsuit against them. Was just childish. They wanted me to do something wrong. Never was let's assume he obeys the law, he must break it, he drives a mustang. The bad thing is you get so worried about the cop following you, that you are more likely to do something stupid from not paying attention.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

See the thing here even, Cincinnati and Kentucky cops are pretty cool usually. Mostly Kentucky cops. Its when you hit those stupid little suburbs that think they are better than everyone else. They will pull you over for anything. The one near where I used to live, I'd get tailed everytime I drove through there. It hit the point I'd pull into a parking lot and walk out to the sidewalk and stare at the cop with my phone out looking like I was recording until they'd drive away. I had wondered about actually recording them every time and seeing about filing a harrasment lawsuit against them. Was just childish. They wanted me to do something wrong. Never was let's assume he obeys the law, he must break it, he drives a mustang. The bad thing is you get so worried about the cop following you, that you are more likely to do something stupid from not paying attention.
I get tailed through a small town near me just for having a Mustang. They haven't seen my tint. Yet.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Ha come to my area and cops really ignore ya. I was tailing a new edge v6 in my 99 cobra doing 80 and the cop sitting just flashed his lights. There was no way to slow down cause he popped right up so he knew what we were runnin.
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
More like 95% of a cops day is pulling over people who are too "STUPID" or too ARROGANT to obey the traffic laws. A lot of research goes into laws to keep "INNOCENT" people from getting injured.

Your words Davey13GT: "I always do the speed limit and abide by traffic laws."

Looks like you want to obey those laws that you only like!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
More like 95% of a cops day is pulling over people who are too "STUPID" or too ARROGANT to obey the traffic laws. A lot of research goes into laws to keep "INNOCENT" people from getting injured.

Lol....should we list the insane amount of retarded laws that exist. I don't think someone with tinted windows is going to endanger me on the road. Or someone with loud exhaust.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

You need to move to Indiana lol. 15% all the way around. Pass cops all the time and no one bothers me!...knock on wood! I had 15% on my 07 GT and got pulled over for speeding and he didnt say anything to me about tint. 30% is legal here but they can kiss my ***! Lol.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Yes, it's called "Free Will". Just because a law is a law, doesn't mean it's just. There are numerous laws in effect nationwide that have no purpose other than to generate revenue for the state.

I am a US Military veteran and I did 4 years of Federal Law Enforcement. The difference being my job as a Federal Officer was customs and border enforcement, not harassing the public over bull**** petty laws.

I park my car at an airport 4 days a week, but I guess I no longer have a "right" to an expectation of privacy of my car or the "right" to protect my leather interior from sun damage because the almighty "State" deems tinted windows shouldn't be allowed. You can be a sheep all you want my friend, but I refuse to abide by laws that make no sense. I still have a brain.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I will agree with you! It is a stupid law..anything above 5% should be legal...they can still see inside at 15% or above!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post
I will agree with you! It is a stupid law..anything above 5% should be legal...they can still see inside at 15% or above!
Some say its for the officers safety, well that's just an excuse to justify the law. They could easily say that if you have tinted windows and are stopped by a police officer, that you must put your windows down. No, it's all about generating revenue. I've been pulled over for my tint and only for my tint. I was doing nothing illegal. But hey, lets just keep allowing our RIGHTS as American citizens to be chipped away. It's want the NWO wants!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I agree. Cops dont know what they are walking up on..windows tinted or not. That isnt an excuse....I have many cop friends but a lot of them think it is BS too!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

They pull the same crap with license plates. They talk about how important a front plate is yet plenty of places don't have them and they do just fine. Go from Ohio right into Kentucky and you really see it. Kentucky is such a nicer place than Ohio and they allow darker tint, no front plates, they don't sit every 5 miles of roadway running radar everyday trying to catch you for 5 over.

Less accidents in Kentucky. People are nicer. Seems to be less shooting. Love it. And I am not counting Cincinnati by itself because downtown cincinnati crime rate is terrible. Maybe all these cops should fix that over the people driving 5 over.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They pull the same crap with license plates. They talk about how important a front plate is yet plenty of places don't have them and they do just fine. Go from Ohio right into Kentucky and you really see it. Kentucky is such a nicer place than Ohio and they allow darker tint, no front plates, they don't sit every 5 miles of roadway running radar everyday trying to catch you for 5 over.

Less accidents in Kentucky. People are nicer. Seems to be less shooting. Love it. And I am not counting Cincinnati by itself because downtown cincinnati crime rate is terrible. Maybe all these cops should fix that over the people driving 5 over.
+1. Glad I live in a state that doesnt require that or inspections! However ill be making a trip to ft knox here next weekend. Hopefully everywhere I pass through..I dont have any issues!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT

Yes, it's called "Free Will". Just because a law is a law, doesn't mean it's just. There are numerous laws in effect nationwide that have no purpose other than to generate revenue for the state.

I am a US Military veteran and I did 4 years of Federal Law Enforcement. The difference being my job as a Federal Officer was customs and border enforcement, not harassing the public over bull**** petty laws.

I park my car at an airport 4 days a week, but I guess I no longer have a "right" to an expectation of privacy of my car or the "right" to protect my leather interior from sun damage because the almighty "State" deems tinted windows shouldn't be allowed. You can be a sheep all you want my friend, but I refuse to abide by laws that make no sense. I still have a brain.
Well said, I must agree.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Cops just want to write tickets.

I think it's stupid that I can have 30 percent tint in Florida, but I can't in Ohio. That alone tells you it's not a good law. The reason why it's a law is because the state knows people will break it and they need a source of income. If cops are so scared to pull people over, they should stop pulling people over for dumb stuff like tint. The city cops are better in Ohio because they have real crime to fight. The bull crap county cops are the ones you see at dunkin doughnuts waiting for someone to pop up without a front license plate, or not come to a complete stop at a stop sign.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone who believes a cops day is spent writing tickets and that they enjoy it...you ate mistaken at least for the most part. I am sure there are a few that truly enjoy traffic patrol etc. however saying 95% of cops time is spent harassing the public and 5% spent helping..at least in the state of Texas that could not be further from the truth. Those numbers should b flipped. I have 600 minutes of work each and every night I am on duty. Normally my traffic minutes are less than 60 it 10% and I would be considered "active" for my platoon. It is easy to forget when we are frustrated by a ticket or when an interaction w law enforcement doesn't go exactly our way. Please go ride w an officer. U may b able to see how stopping one car could have prevented that drunk from killing someone's loved one. Or how we can get called to a domestic disturbance in time to save a wife from having the life beat out of her while her young children watch helplessly. Police will never be seen in the correct light, and for the most part we accept that. We don't do this job to make u happy or get praise.

I personally don't agree w some of the traffic laws in my state, does that mean I ignore those and only obey others? No. Texas is a two plate state I can sympathize with the window tint I love my tint and am thankful it is legal in my state. The heat n the summers would b unbearable. However there has been various instances where troops have walked up to a car only to be shot through the overly tinted window. Or how about spotting little "Runaway Adam" who has been kidnapped because the windows are too dark. The laws in each state vary sometimes due to particular case law for the state. I know it may suck to you but may make a difference to someone else.

Go ahead and hate flame etc
WhiteShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

Too bad you didn't happen to "see" something in the road and slam on your brakes when they were tailing you. I need a new rear bumper so I would do that.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Your argument on tint is invalid. If that was the case then they wouldn't allow what they do. Let me give you Ohio as an example because I live here. You can have a van with windows all along the side. The front two windows can be no more than 50%. Any other window besides the windshield can be whatever you want. You can do 5% tint if you desire.

What keeps someone from sitting in the back of that and shooting a cop or kidnapping a kid?

I feel like it needs to be all or nothing if you are going to say it is for the safety of the cop or the safety of kids etc. Else wise there is just as much risk.

Also, I think we should pull a log of all the rediculous laws Texas has, every state has them, and see how many you break everyday and how you will say some excuse why you don't have to follow them.

Also, cops around here never do anything about the tailgators, people who weaving traffic like crazy, people who cut you off, but they sure love to get people for speeding.

You cops can't pick and choose what laws you punish either, but you sure do a good job deciding for yourself. Just go on any of the cop forums and you will see the cops themselves heavily pick and choose what laws they enforce. To say most cops are not corrupt is a complete lie just because you may not be.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Too bad you didn't happen to "see" something in the road and slam on your brakes when they were tailing you. I need a new rear bumper so I would do that.
Ehhh our state is funny with that now. The person who slams on the breaks even when getting tailgated had a high chance of being at fault now.

Because that makes sense.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Corrupt cops are becoming a new trend and it is sickening! Look at Indiana news. Indianapolis...IMPD has some real winners and they just keep getting better. Child porn, DUI's (multiple), and much more. All over our state. However as a paramedic I have worked amongst some great cops and still have several friends who are cops. I will totally agree with the tint law being stupid....and frankly I see it one way. It is my car, my money, and I will do what I want to it. Ill take my chances with a ticket....I dont agree with you saying you couldnt see a kid who had been kidnapped in a car with tinted windows because frankly you would never seem them even without tint unless you pull them over. I have done ride alongs and dated a Indiana State Trooper for a long time.....there is one thing I will say...Police have a very dangerous job.. IMHO one of the most dangerous jobs and kinda of like EMS they never know what they are gonna run into and it could be their last shift. So for that I have the utmost respect for police officers and I dont normally break the law but in this case in regards to tint...I have no regrets doing so!! But cops do break laws too....I just wish all this craziness with cops multiple DUI'S etc would stop. You are an example to the public and if they cant trust you then you are in trouble.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
How about the blinker law? And cell phone law? And safely changing lanes? I see cops all the time cut lanes without a blinker and use their phone. Cops break the laws just as much as other people. What happened to "practice what you preach"?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How about the blinker law? And cell phone law? And safely changing lanes? I see cops all the time cut lanes without a blinker and use their phone. Cops break the laws just as much as other people. What happened to "practice what you preach"?
+1000 exactly what I was talking about when I said cops break laws....see it ALL the time
Old 05-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't forget the speeding. Watching them blow past you doing 20+ over the speed limit just to pull in and meet some other cops for lunch.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #27
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

What a bunch of crybabies......my car looks no different than any other on this forum and yet I rarely get pulled over. Rarely meaning once every 4/5 yrs and if I do get pulled over it's because of something I did wrong and I have no reason to argue about it. I dont run a front which is required but if I get pulled over for not having one I'm sure as hell not going to pull out my vagina and cry about it. It is what it is....period. If you don't like the state laws.......move. "Illegal" tinted windows,no front plate ect ect are reasons to pull over people to look for bigger and better things. Pretty stupid argument if you ask me.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
What a bunch of crybabies......my car looks no different than any other on this forum and yet I rarely get pulled over. Rarely meaning once every 4/5 yrs and if I do get pulled over it's because of something I did wrong and I have no reason to argue about it. I dont run a front which is required but if I get pulled over for not having one I'm sure as hell not going to pull out my vagina and cry about it. It is what it is....period. If you don't like the state laws.......move. "Illegal" tinted windows,no front plate ect ect are reasons to pull over people to look for bigger and better things. Pretty stupid argument if you ask me.
And this is why things in our country continue to get worse. Sorry but the defeated attitude you have is why things don't change. Also just because you live somewhere lax doesn't mean everyone does. I should take pictures next time I see it and post it up of the cops that sit outside tint shops waiting for people to drive off with a "possible" illegal tint.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
Anyone who believes a cops day is spent writing tickets and that they enjoy it...you ate mistaken at least for the most part. I am sure there are a few that truly enjoy traffic patrol etc. however saying 95% of cops time is spent harassing the public and 5% spent helping..at least in the state of Texas that could not be further from the truth. Those numbers should b flipped. I have 600 minutes of work each and every night I am on duty. Normally my traffic minutes are less than 60 it 10% and I would be considered "active" for my platoon.

Go ahead and hate flame etc
If I lived in Texas I would tell you to stop wasting MY f-ing tax dollars on pulling people over for stupid things...every time you stop a car with tint too dark or no front plate, you pass up the opportunity to stop a weaving drunk driver that can kill someone. It takes at least 20 minutes to pull someone over and write a ticket like that. That's time that could and should be invested in stopping crime or protecting innocent people.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Pulling someone over for tint is a waste of tax dollars. I got pulled over for having a tinted license plate cover 3 times in one month. I took the cover off, but all three times the cops didn't check for anything else, just trying to write a quick ticket. I got all three dropped btw, because they knew it was a waste of time to take to court.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #31
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

:boohoo:
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Clap clap
WhiteShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
:boohoo:
have fun running with the sheep? do as your told now...don't question anything!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

My cousin was a police officer and he left the field because he couldn't stand his Chief! The police Chief used to harass the officers about not writing a certain quota of tickets. The things he told me about how things worked made me sick.

And New Jersey is one of the worst states for cops. Our township cops spend their whole day parked all over the damn place just filling quota's! If cops would start treating the people with respect rather than acting like they're above the law, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

And yea, my car is a target because window tint is illegal and lets be real, a fully blacked out 2013 Mustang draws some eyes. Even doing the speed limit and driving like Grandma I still get harassed by cops. My buddy who did the tint owns a tint shop. His local cops harass him intentionally. He just took his tint off and yesterday got stopped by a ****** local cop who knew he owned the tint shop. Brad had his windows down and cop says "Put your windows up", so he did, no tint. Brad says you harass me again I'm filing a complaint.

The public needs to stop acting like a bunch of sheep and start pushing back. This is OUR Country and we shouldn't stand idly by to get forced into a police state. Just what Obama wants...
Old 05-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post

Clap clap
Let me guess...your on duty patrolling right now?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar