Respect for all mustangs. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Respect for all mustangs.

I felt the need to make a thread. Every mustang I see ill wave or show some sign of acknowledgement, sometimes they'll blow me off And if its a 5.0 they won't even wave back. Kind of disappointing. But tonight I had a 2013 Shelby Gt500 pull up next to me during my midnight cruise and have me a thumbs up. Much respect for guys like that, I feel like all mustang owners should be like that!
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
True dat. One night I was driving home and a roush pulled up right next to me on the freeway. No other cars were around and we drove side by side, no racing or showing off. We probably drove for 20 minutes till they got off the exit. My girl was asleep so she had no idea but there was a sense of pride I felt that only a mustang owner would feel.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I recently unfollowed a group on Instagram that was all about mustangs and frequently talked bad about v6's. Can't stand the way some people feel entitled to talk down to v6's. Idc what kind of stang ill convoy as far as I can or wave at the very least. were family.
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have had people stop at gas stations to talk about my car before. I always wave or give a thumbs up/rev my engine a little as a hello
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I had a guy in a 308 Ferrari follow me Into a gas station and we talked for about an hour. He really liked my car. And I agree a mustang is a mustang they are all great cars.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Not much stang pride here sadly, a lot of immature teen kids drivin v6's (nothing bad about v6's) with a gt500 attitude who drive recklessly and try to race gt's
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I wave at every mustang I see even though I hardly ever get waved back at. In my town there are a few old lady's with red v6s that don't have any mustang pride. I think I've been waved at a total of 3 times
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I used to have a 350z and every single z on the road would go nuts when they saw another z. Lights flashing engine revs waving all that stuff. So I carried over that mentality with my gt. people either don't even look my way or ones that drive a gt500 or roush or 5.0 just move away or change lanes to ignore me. Soooo lame. Need some Philly mustang pride badly
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm in coastal Texas and will blink my lights at all pony cars, some blink back or wave some don't. I guess people are preoccupied.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
There are a lot of Mustangs in my area but very little pride it seems. No one waves back, it's like they don't even see you.

I did have one guy with a very nice Boss pull out as I was coming down the road toward him. Got over in his lane and was moving slowly toward me. As I got close he got into it and waved, best sounding Mustang I have heard in my area.
sarge450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depack21 View Post
I wave at every mustang I see even though I hardly ever get waved back at. In my town there are a few old lady's with red v6s that don't have any mustang pride. I think I've been waved at a total of 3 times
I agree. Not bashing on women drivers but the majority of them have zero mustang pride.
United States Air Force
Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie12V6 View Post
I agree. Not bashing on women drivers but the majority of them have zero mustang pride.
Agreed like they don't even notice my car exists (to be fair a lot of women driving newer/v6's probably don't know I'm driving a mustang unless they see MUSTANG on my bumper)

(Chicago)
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I always acknowledge other Stangs on the road, most nod back in respect some wont even look in my direction "whatever". I just feel as a Mustang owner there's a sense of being down to earth type of attitude towards others. I do get a little snobbish when I see people with bejeweled out mustangs with too much going on though. I have no problem with V6's, but I do get alot of props, but also get disrespected for having an Auto from some owners. but I'm like "hey it's mine f' you if you don't like it"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
I have stopped looking for and giving waves bc I know I'm not gonna get one back... Every once in a while I will be looking at their car and notice a wave. When I do see them and they have already passed Ill roll down the window and stick my arm out. A lot of women might not do the waving first .. I know I don't unless its another grabber blue then I'm like both hands! Ha
Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Majority of mustangs I see are v6 that are just another car to them. Even some stock GT's are the same way. Only top end mustangs here say what's up like cobras, gt500's, roush, saleens
Old 06-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Majority of mustangs I see are v6 that are just another car to them. Even some stock GT's are the same way. Only top end mustangs here say what's up like cobras, gt500's, roush, saleens
Yea I got #2 with V6's and one GT at my apt complex neither of them say "what's up", an another V6 at my job he doesn't speak either .... "Oh well"
Old 06-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post

Yea I got #2 with V6's and one GT at my apt complex neither of them say "what's up", an another V6 at my job he doesn't speak either .... "Oh well"
You got an 831 are u in Cali. It sounds like u live where I do. 2 v6's including mine and 1 gt. I drove by the gt and he didn't even nod. I stopped waving when i realized 99% of the peeps where too cool for me.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamp1 View Post

You got an 831 are u in Cali. It sounds like u live where I do. 2 v6's including mine and 1 gt. I drove by the gt and he didn't even nod. I stopped waving when i realized 99% of the peeps where too cool for me.
Naw Im in Houston, most are pretty kool but them not so much
Old 06-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
We have a good mustang community here in utah, good muscle community in general, almost all the v8 stangs acknowledge you in some way. I even get head nods or waves from camaro and vette guys
Kevo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
In ky almost everybody except the kids I got to high school with are into cars I mod at all car guys except the brand fanboys that hate on everything not chevy bc I think all true car guys are family like I helped a old man in a mods 60s thunderbird fix his car at a car show bc he's broken down and didn't charge him bc he was another car guy btw that car was immaculant
Old 06-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #21

Region: New York
Live in NYC. Today while driving saw two Mustang GTs driving together so I waved and got it back. Felt good.
DannyRC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:28 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRC24 View Post
Live in NYC. Today while driving saw two Mustang GTs driving together so I waved and got it back. Felt good.
That's awesome man. Glad to hear some GTs are keeping the spirit with the sixers.
United States Air Force
Old 06-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
I wish it was like that here in phoenix. Either I'm trying to waive at the wrong people or they don't care. I drive s v6 but still got that pride. I hate that when I'm on my friends eclipse everyone says hi or revs their engine but nope not with the stang.
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
I wish it was like that here in phoenix. Either I'm trying to waive at the wrong people or they don't care. I drive s v6 but still got that pride. I hate that when I'm on my friends eclipse everyone says hi or revs their engine but nope not with the stang.
I wave at the v6s too but usually get nothing back, not many drive them for pride though..mostly daily drivers, some arent even ford fans. Sixxers can be bad *** too though! My uncle has a 425hp pro charged v6 that thing is a beast
Old 06-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
Road Trip!
Regular

Well that sucks maybe I can do that or get a gt till then hopefully someone will notice my pony. Ima get them me decal hopefully I get some waives with that lol
Old 06-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Get a dual outlet muffler and slap some gt badges on it my buddy has a v6 camaro that looks like a v8 and he just tells people its so quiet because its stock exhaust

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

What year is it?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
Road Trip!
Regular

Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I usually don't wave at v6's because a majority don't care and only use their car to get around, and I end up looking like an idiot with my hand flying everywhere
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
I usually don't wave at v6's because a majority don't care and only use their car to get around, and I end up looking like an idiot with my hand flying everywhere
I feel that way when I wave to other V6s too. I have a V6 but I take care of mine and you can tell so I usually get waves back from the bigger boys.
United States Air Force
Old 06-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo91 View Post
Get a dual outlet muffler and slap some gt badges on it my buddy has a v6 camaro that looks like a v8 and he just tells people its so quiet because its stock exhaust

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

What year is it?
That's real corny. I'm fully against the whole make it look like something it's not. It's one thing to make it look like a roush or Shelby, but I don't go putting a roush logo on my window or a cobra badge on it. No offense to anyone that does it but that just isn't right
hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post

That's real corny. I'm fully against the whole make it look like something it's not. It's one thing to make it look like a roush or Shelby, but I don't go putting a roush logo on my window or a cobra badge on it. No offense to anyone that does it but that just isn't right
+1 it Urks me when people do that..
United States Air Force
Old 06-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbs View Post

To each their own. I wouldnt do it to my car either, just saying he might get a little more attention if people see the 2 tailpipes and assume its a gt from a distance
Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo91 View Post

To each their own. I wouldnt do it to my car either, just saying he might get a little more attention if people see the 2 tailpipes and assume its a gt from a distance
Or he could do a true dual exhaust
United States Air Force
Old 06-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that too, just keep quiet mufflers so it doesnt sound like rice lol
Old 06-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular