Next gen systems! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Next gen systems!

Hey guys, just wanted to make a quick thread about the next gen systems. I was planning in ordering a Xbox one tomorrow morning, but this whole "spy camera and mic" thing has got me weirded out.

Any thoughts on that? Think people are blowing its seriousness out of proportion? Or should I steer clear?

I would love to stay with Xbox but idk if I can now.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to make a quick thread about the next gen systems. I was planning in ordering a Xbox one tomorrow morning, but this whole "spy camera and mic" thing has got me weirded out.

Any thoughts on that? Think people are blowing its seriousness out of proportion? Or should I steer clear?

I would love to stay with Xbox but idk if I can now.
No matter what you're on, you're already being spied on. The xbox one seems a little "naziest" so to speak. Literally pay for basically a 360 that looks different. It's not worth it imo. But hey, I prefer sony over xbox any day.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I hear ya, im an xbox fan but Im really uncomfortable with the kinect always being on...seems like another way for the government to spy on you cause I read that it has to have access to the internet once a day. But besides that, it seems like they have focused too much on the media center aspect rather than the gaming. And they will be raising live prices while playstation remains free, and microsoft will also make you purchase a "right to play pass" with used games because they want in on the used market profits...I think ps4 has my vote this time around
Kevo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
God
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
all this "goverment spying on you" talk is creeping me out
Old 06-13-2013, 03:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Look at some of the apps on your phone. It clearly states that by allowing the install it's able to record audio, take pictures and videos at any time without you knowing. just about anything that has a camera and internet access can be overroad.

Back on topic, I believe sony just knocked the next gen consoles out of the ball park. They literally crapped on microsoft and nintendo. They honestky put a lot of thought and work into this new system. Price is fair, has a crap ton of memory and an excellent graphics card. I'm waiting to see what prices the games will fall in to. I still believe the ps3 hasn't even been topped out yet. People were downloading and installing windows xp on it. But unfortunately, the main person who wrote up the tutorial and all that was arrested for it. Crazy right?! If you bought it, it's considered your personal property. Why can't we mod things how we want too without any worries.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Spying? First ive heard of it. Thats creepy as f***.

What happened to the right of privacy.
Id rather go outside and use my imagination like when i was 5...at least i didnt have to worry about being spied on
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

yeah gotta be careful with those apps. Privacy doesn't exist in the technology era, ive even seen things as crazy as micro drones disguised as birds keeping surveillance on people...any modern car with a nav system or on-star can be tracked. I wish I could live my twenties in the 80s

I looked at specs, ps4 has a better graphics card and though they both have 8 gigs of RAM, most of it is used on the gaming itself on ps4 and the xbox only uses like a 3rd of it for gaming if i remember right
Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo91 View Post
yeah gotta be careful with those apps. Privacy doesn't exist in the technology era, ive even seen things as crazy as micro drones disguised as birds keeping surveillance on people...any modern car with a nav system or on-star can be tracked. I wish I could live my twenties in the 80s

I looked at specs, ps4 has a better graphics card and though they both have 8 gigs of RAM, most of it is used on the gaming itself on ps4 and the xbox only uses like a 3rd of it for gaming if i remember right
X9

You remembered right, but it's less than a 3rd. They only use 2 gigs of ram to run the whole system. We have a hightech computer at our hands and we can't even use it.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah lol whats the point! I dunno about you but im not getting on my xbox for facebook and downloading music and surfing the web, i get on it for games
Old 06-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Spying? First ive heard of it. Thats creepy as f***.

What happened to the right of privacy.
Id rather go outside and use my imagination like when i was 5...at least i didnt have to worry about being spied on
9/11 happened The gov basically does whatever the hell it wants to
Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
put tape over the camera on the connect boom privacy. why is everyone so worried about this Xbox! can almost guarantee everyone buys ps4, and a year later is pissed because the Xbox will be better. ya it's different unlike the playststion just give it a chance! they wouldn't make something that was going to fail. not anything similar but people complaining is the exact same. people *****ed cause ultra is now 499$ and people went ape**** for a week. now everyone forgot about the price and can't wait lol. same
with this pricey at first but will win in the Long run.
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
put tape over the camera on the connect boom privacy. why is everyone so worried about this Xbox! can almost guarantee everyone buys ps4, and a year later is pissed because the Xbox will be better. ya it's different unlike the playststion just give it a chance! they wouldn't make something that was going to fail. not anything similar but people complaining is the exact same. people *****ed cause ultra is now 499$ and people went ape**** for a week. now everyone forgot about the price and can't wait lol. same
with this pricey at first but will win in the Long run.
Microsoft wouldn't make something that's going to fail? I take it you haven't heard of Windows 8 then.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo91 View Post
I hear ya, im an xbox fan but Im really uncomfortable with the kinect always being on...seems like another way for the government to spy on you cause I read that it has to have access to the internet once a day. But besides that, it seems like they have focused too much on the media center aspect rather than the gaming. And they will be raising live prices while playstation remains free, and microsoft will also make you purchase a "right to play pass" with used games because they want in on the used market profits...I think ps4 has my vote this time around
To play playstation multiplayer now it's $60 a year.
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I mainly play online multiplayer and the Xbox one is going to be best for that. That's why I'm staying with it. And all these "restrictions" PS4 guys are complaining about, most of them don't even know how they work. In a nut shell, used games now for xbox will now give the developers a chunk of the resale instead of GameStop taking all of it. Sounds fair. And DRM and downloading games is what pc gamers live on now with steam, and they all love it.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post

Microsoft wouldn't make something that's going to fail? I take it you haven't heard of Windows 8 then.
I haven't used windows since apple came out so I'm talking about Xbox not computers. guarantee Xbox One >
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Oh ok, thats news to me
Old 06-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
PS4 for me.. I want Gran Turismo 6! And they can record or take pics of my butt and snitchel all they want, I don't care
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post
Look at some of the apps on your phone. It clearly states that by allowing the install it's able to record audio, take pictures and videos at any time without you knowing. just about anything that has a camera and internet access can be overroad.

Back on topic, I believe sony just knocked the next gen consoles out of the ball park. They literally crapped on microsoft and nintendo. They honestky put a lot of thought and work into this new system. Price is fair, has a crap ton of memory and an excellent graphics card. I'm waiting to see what prices the games will fall in to. I still believe the ps3 hasn't even been topped out yet. People were downloading and installing windows xp on it. But unfortunately, the main person who wrote up the tutorial and all that was arrested for it. Crazy right?! If you bought it, it's considered your personal property. Why can't we mod things how we want too without any worries.
The ME app does exactly that.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I just want forza 5.....
SilverPonyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPonyGT View Post
I just want forza 5.....
Forza 5!!!! Gonna be so sick I can't wait
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Lol at auto correct
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Lol at auto correct
Lmao I didn't even noticed. I just fixed it now
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I can't wait for bf4 and black flag
Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

To play playstation multiplayer now it's $60 a year.
Plus is $60 psn is still free.

And since I have both current systems though I just sold the 360 I can say that psn isn't that far behind live now as it currently stands.

I agree that Sony took a dump on Microsoft. Ps4 > Xbox 1 IMO

I will say the Xbox remote is still best for FPS
Live is slightly better. That's about it.

Ps3 currently plays mkv and xvid and avi files where the 360 wouldn't always because of the codecs. I use it as a media center as it is.

I'm sure both will be good but Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post

Plus is $60 psn is still free.

And since I have both current systems though I just sold the 360 I can say that psn isn't that far behind live now as it currently stands.

I agree that Sony took a dump on Microsoft. Ps4 > Xbox 1 IMO

I will say the Xbox remote is still best for FPS
Live is slightly better. That's about it.

Ps3 currently plays mkv and xvid and avi files where the 360 wouldn't always because of the codecs. I use it as a media center as it is.

I'm sure both will be good but Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.
To play most mainstream multiplayer you have to have plus is what I meant. Comparison wise, i don't see any innovation from Sony that's greater than the new Xbox outside of gaming.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar