Wrapped Car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Wrapped Car

Want to get my 02 vert wrapped instead of repainted. And colors your guys suggest it's black now and around how much will it coast
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post
Want to get my 02 vert wrapped instead of repainted. And colors your guys suggest it's black now and around how much will it coast
Let me know bro because I want the same, I found a place to plasti dip my car for 600$ but they don't do inside door jams and what not and 600$ is for white or matte black..I was thinking matte black but I'd rather have my car wrapped, heard its upwards of 2k though.
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
I would do like an orange color or white color. I am thinking about doing the same thing but I'm tired of the matte black look so I am going with a repaint
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
I would do like an orange color or white color. I am thinking about doing the same thing but I'm tired of the matte black look so I am going with a repaint
I was thinking comp orange or screaming yellow
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Let me know bro because I want the same, I found a place to plasti dip my car for 600$ but they don't do inside door jams and what not and 600$ is for white or matte black..I was thinking matte black but I'd rather have my car wrapped, heard its upwards of 2k though.
Plasti dip you're car for 600??!! You gotta be kidding me right.. The supplies to dip you're whole car are no more than 100 bucks. I dipped mine for right under 100 bucks. A good wrap should be in the ball park of 1-1300
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post

Plasti dip you're car for 600??!! You gotta be kidding me right.. The supplies to dip you're whole car are no more than 100 bucks. I dipped mine for right under 100 bucks. A good wrap should be in the ball park of 1-1300
How was dipping you're car as in the process and time and cans
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
We dipped mine with a gun. Took about an hour and super easy, just took of headlights, tails, and covered windows. My friends we dipped with cans and we used about 9-10 spray cans, between 3 tools 2 hours
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
We dipped mine with a gun. Took about an hour and super easy, just took of headlights, tails, and covered windows. My friends we dipped with cans and we used about 9-10 spray cans, between 3 tools 2 hours
How many coats / gallons and you can use a normal spray gun right also do you have to worry about chips like minor ones one the hood
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post

How many coats / gallons and you can use a normal spray gun right also do you have to worry about chips like minor ones one the hood
Did 2 thick coats and used a little over a gallon, no need to worry about chips
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post

Did 2 thick coats and used a little over a gallon, no need to worry about chips
Last question lol did you do in a garage or out side
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1329926179.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	462.1 KB
ID:	114601

Garage, didn't want lint or garbage being blown onto it
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:11 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.