2013 Fantasy Football Thread - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #246
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm on Verizon and it says in the permissions, services that cost you money.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #247
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

I'm on sprint and didn't pay for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I'm on Verizon and it says in the permissions, services that cost you money.
Weird! I have VERIZON also and I got it free also, the was 2 yrs ago tho , who knows! Anyway you might be able to check out nfl.com and they may have them there!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #248
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post

Are you talking about Julius Thomas? If so how what kind of impact do you think he's gonna have?

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I thought the nfl mobile app was only free if you had VERIZON network?
Demarious Thomas. Julius Thomas is pretty intriguing though. He's got good size. He could be this year's breakout te. Tons of mouths to feed in Denver, but you know they aren't running the ball too much
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

You can just go to the depth charts on nfl app
I use 2.

This list here is great because it combines amd averages all the professional opinions, as opposed to just one source. It also has a really cool "who should I start" feature, that allows you to select any 2 players and it compares them side by side. Definitely very helpful if you're stuck on a decision. Heres the site.
http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/

And the other one i use is Matthew Berry's list from the espn ratings. I feel he is very accurate.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Demarious Thomas. Julius Thomas is pretty intriguing though. He's got good size. He could be this year's breakout te. Tons of mouths to feed in Denver, but you know they aren't running the ball too much
Yeah, i was talking about demarious thomas. Ive been thinking of taking a gamble and picking up Julius Thomas in a league or two though as well. Definitely a tough play, but has upside. And hes available everywhere. I just dont see him being that big of an impact with all the talent im that wr corp already. I thinking he will put up similar starts as tamme did last year, even considering he is a much better athlete.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #250
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quick question. What do you get if you win or get points since I see that's what they go by? Never played it just always hear about it
Old 09-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #251
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Quick question. What do you get if you win or get points since I see that's what they go by? Never played it just always hear about it
You mean at the end of the season?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #252
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Winner in my other league gets $4,000. Winner of this league gets to be the ME champ. Both are pretty awesome in their own rights
Old 09-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #253
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just like xxPIKExx said, it all depends on the league. Money leagues will have a buy in per team, and the winnings will be divided out however it was determined by the league members before the start of the season. I usually play 2nd place gets entry fee money back, 1st place gets the rest of the pot.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Winner in my other league gets $4,000. Winner of this league gets to be the ME champ. Both are pretty awesome in their own rights
$4,000 is a nice chunk of change! The biggest pot im playing in this year is only $3000 (12-team $250 buy in).
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #254
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Just like xxPIKExx said, it all depends on the league. Money leagues will have a buy in per team, and the winnings will be divided out however it was determined by the league members before the start of the season. I usually play 2nd place gets entry fee money back, 1st place gets the rest of the pot.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

$4,000 is a nice chunk of change! The biggest pot im playing in this year is only $3000 (12-team $250 buy in).
It's 12 man $500 buy in. 4k to first. $1500 to second and $500 to the team who scores the highest single game point total of the year. Keeps everyone playing all year. It's fun but it gets bloody come playoff time
Old 09-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #255
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
12 man, 150 buy in. 5 dollars per loss. 5 dollars per free agent trades 10 dollars for trading between other teams.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

How do I pick a player up that's not on anyone's roster?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #257
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How do I pick a player up that's not on anyone's roster?
If your on the app just click on that player and it will say add player , click on that and you might have to drop a player to make room depending on your roster
Old 09-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If your on the app just click on that player and it will say add player , click on that and you might have to drop a player to make room depending on your roster
Does it work the same way on the league site?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Does it work the same way on the league site?
Yes!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes!
Thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

I give up
Old 09-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #262
Registered Member
Regular

Hey boys ! How bout that Julius Thomas! I picked that dude up during the week and I'm really kicking myself in the butt right now! Lol!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #263
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey boys ! How bout that Julius Thomas! I picked that dude up during the week and I'm really kicking myself in the butt right now! Lol!!
God what a bunch of BS lol. Luckily i didnt play against him in any leagues this week. But did play peyton and welker in 3. In my big money league my opponent had peyton AND welker... Needless to say i think im taking a loss this week.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

Glad I couldn't figure out how to pick up a fa before the game. I was considering Dallas Clark, he looked like chit. There's still some things I don't understand, but at least now I can move my bench and pick up FAs.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #265
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

God what a bunch of BS lol. Luckily i didnt play against him in any leagues this week. But did play peyton and welker in 3. In my big money league my opponent had peyton AND welker... Needless to say i think im taking a loss this week.
It's hard to beat a 7 touchdown night! The man still got it! And them Thomas boys is looking pretty good, them Broncos are gonna be a tough team this year!

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Glad I couldn't figure out how to pick up a fa before the game. I was considering Dallas Clark, he looked like chit. There's still some things I don't understand, but at least now I can move my bench and pick up FAs.
If you tried drafting a player before the game that's probably where the issue was, I think you can make moves up to an hour or two before game time then you get locked out till after the game is finished
Old 09-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's hard to beat a 7 touchdown night! The man still got it! And them Thomas boys is looking pretty good, them Broncos are gonna be a tough team this year!

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

If you tried drafting a player before the game that's probably where the issue was, I think you can make moves up to an hour or two before game time then you get locked out till after the game is finished
I just didn't know how to navigate the site.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #267
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Glad I always pick up Peyton early. Hopefully he continues to be productive.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #268
Registered Member
Regular

Can someone tell me what all these abbreviations mean at the top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-07_15-22-34.png
Views:	49
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	127816
Old 09-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can someone tell me what all these abbreviations mean at the top.
Proj is projected points (how many points they are projected to score)

Oprnk is that players opponents defense rank

%st is percent started (percentage of fantasy football owners who are starting that player)

%own is percent owned (the percentage of espn leagues that player is owned in)

Hope that helps!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Proj is projected points (how many points they are projected to score)

Oprnk is that players opponents defense rank

%st is percent started (percentage of fantasy football owners who are starting that player)

%own is percent owned (the percentage of espn leagues that player is owned in)

Hope that helps!
It did a bunch, thanks.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #271
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
My only other starting running back is now out.... Anybody want to trade a starting running back for dalton or Wilson
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #272
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Nobody? Not a single starting running back?
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #273
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Hey guys been on ME for about 16 months and just now ran across this thread. I'm big into fantasy football. I commish four yahoo leagues and currently have one team available. It is in a eight player keeper league. The old manager quit one week before the draft. I could not find anyone so my 14 year old step son drafted the team and I must say he did a good job filling in the blanks. As I said it is a keeper league we keep eight players each year and of the eight, three must be IDP (individual defensive players). Scoring is very complexed it is set up so each tier player scores about the same. It is PPR (points per reception) league. Here is the team. If you are interested in joining and taking over a good team with an excellent set of keepers PM me. First one to PM gets team. The ...K next to the players name is the keeper from last year.

QB
C Newton...K
A Smith

WR
V Jackson...K
D Bowe...K
M Floyd
G Tate
V Brown

RB
A Peterson...K yes the AP!!!
MJ Drew...K
F Jackson
B Tate

TE
O Daniels
T Gonzalez

K
M Bryant

LB
E Henderson
J Houston
B Orakpo
D Butler...K
D Johnson...K
P Kuger
T Hali

DB
P Chung
D Manning
L Webb

DL
J Pierre-Paul...K
B Raji
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #274
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Hey guys been on ME for about 16 months and just now ran across this thread. I'm big into fantasy football. I commish four yahoo leagues and currently have one team available. It is in a eight player keeper league. The old manager quit one week before the draft. I could not find anyone so my 14 year old step son drafted the team and I must say he did a good job filling in the blanks. As I said it is a keeper league we keep eight players each year and of the eight, three must be IDP (individual defensive players). Scoring is very complexed it is set up so each tier player scores about the same. It is PPR (points per reception) league. Here is the team. If you are interested in joining and taking over a good team with an excellent set of keepers PM me. First one to PM gets team. The ...K next to the players name is the keeper from last year.

QB
C Newton...K
A Smith

WR
V Jackson...K
D Bowe...K
M Floyd
G Tate
V Brown

RB
A Peterson...K yes the AP!!!
MJ Drew...K
F Jackson
B Tate

TE
O Daniels
T Gonzalez

K
M Bryant

LB
E Henderson
J Houston
B Orakpo
D Butler...K
D Johnson...K
P Kuger
T Hali

DB
P Chung
D Manning
L Webb

DL
J Pierre-Paul...K
B Raji
Dude I'd soooo be down but am already doing 9 leagues this year... Im already at capacity i feel. Lol

Talk me into it tho...... What site is it with? Whats the buy in? How many teams?

Defense is a little weak tho....
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #275
Road Trip!

It is on Yahoo fantasy football. It is a free league. The corp keepers are a good set to build around and they are all pretty young as well. This league is so competitive there has not been a repeat champ yet. It is an awesome league with a good corp of managers. We also like to trash talk a little bit here and there. Loads of fun.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #276
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
It is on Yahoo fantasy football. It is a free league. The corp keepers are a good set to build around and they are all pretty young as well. This league is so competitive there has not been a repeat champ yet. It is an awesome league with a good corp of managers. We also like to trash talk a little bit here and there. Loads of fun.
I would man but i already have a lot on my plate, and really dont wanna join a free league. Id rather just concentrate on my other money leagues. Thanks for the invite though!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #277
Road Trip!

Team has been taken. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #278
Registered Member
Regular

So how's everyone feeling about the week! How did you guys do in your other leagues?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #279
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Well I won all 4 games and put up the highest points in two leagues. Thanks to my Dallas cowboys.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #280
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Well I won all 4 games and put up the highest points in two leagues. Thanks to my Dallas cowboys.
Ya I was at the end of that beating ,lol!! Dallas d destroyed me!! To bad some of Peyton couldn't rub off on Eli !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar