2013 Fantasy Football Thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Saw some old threads from previous years, and thought I'd try and start one up for the 2013 season. Hopefully we can use this as a tool to pick up some great tips, ask advice on trades, etc, and just BS about the best sport in the world haha.

I think its going to be an awesome year. Gonna be tough one though. Lots of possible sleepers. And the QB position is soooo deep this year, going to be tuff for me to even consider drafting one before the 4th or 5th round. Im personally going to try and stock up on as many rbs as i can, and use them for trade bait once the injuries start pilling up. Used this method last year and outta 5 leagues won the Championship in 2, lost in another Championship, made it to semi finals in one, and last league got owned by the injury bug.

Also, you guys should really check out
https://www.fanduel.com
Its basically Fantasy Football, but you to play week to week. What you do is try to assemble the best team within your designated salary cap. Players costs are obviously based on there performance. You can play in 1 on 1 matches, or 3, 5, 10, 20, etc all the way up to 100+ team games for buy ins anywhere from $1 up to like $500 per game. Its a legit site, ran by yahoo, and 100% legal. You can link it to your PayPal account and withdraw/deposit your money anytime. Its pretty bada$$. I won some serious money on there last year. You would be surprised how many noobs go on there, know absolutely nothing, and blow all their money. PS if you're going to sign up, if you dont mind, send me a PM and ill email you a link to join, because i get $10 for free everytime i get someone to join haha
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I enjoy playing fantasy football!! We had a league last year with some ME guys it was pretty cool and pretty competitive, I wouldn't even be thinking about football yet but our baseball teams suck this year and hockey is over so I'm ready , I live in Illinois by the way! Go Bears!!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
I enjoy playing fantasy football!! We had a league last year with some ME guys it was pretty cool and pretty competitive, I wouldn't even be thinking about football yet but our baseball teams suck this year and hockey is over so I'm ready , I live in Illinois by the way! Go Bears!!
Oh man we are rivals! Im probably the biggest Packers fan you will ever come across lol

Let me know if you know of any ME leagues this year! Im always down for another league!
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Bump. Since its closer now. Any ME members interested in starting a league? Ill set it up if we can get at least 10 people.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I'm down for it
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Da BEARS!
I'm starting to support my local team a little, lol, since they traded that cry baby to Denver.

EVIL, can you post a link explaining how it works. I've always been interested, but never quite understood it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Da BEARS!
I'm starting to support my local team a little, lol, since they traded that cry baby to Denver.

EVIL, can you post a link explaining how it works. I've always been interested, but never quite understood it.
Yeah man, here you go. Let me know if your up for it!
http://m.espn.go.com/general/fantasy...59&src=desktop

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
I'm down for it
Good deal. Hopefully we can get some more people!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, I'll check it out and let you know.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks, I'll check it out and let you know.
Sounds good!

If anybody would like to play, go ahead and PM me your email. Once i get 10 i will set up the league and send invites to everyone. Im planning on doing it through espn, as that seems to be the best from my previous experience. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Sounds good!

If anybody would like to play, go ahead and PM me your email. Once i get 10 i will set up the league and send invites to everyone. Im planning on doing it through espn, as that seems to be the best from my previous experience. Thanks!
I'm down, PM sent!
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm down, PM sent!
Got it! Keep um comin people!!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Got it! Keep um comin people!!
I'm in, I still need more info on how the draft will work. As in if we will have a budget, picking order, time limit on picks. Sending email address now.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm in, I still need more info on how the draft will work. As in if we will have a budget, picking order, time limit on picks. Sending email address now.
Awesome. It will be a standard snake style draft. Meaning if you pick 3rd the first round, you will pick 7th the second round. So and and so forth. No budget. It will just be a standard league. And you will have 90 seconds to make your pick.

Im gonna set the rules pretty standard, and once we get 10 people together, we can vote and make changes if need be.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Awesome. It will be a standard snake style draft. Meaning if you pick 3rd the first round, you will pick 7th the second round. So and and so forth. No budget. It will just be a standard league. And you will have 90 seconds to make your pick.

Im gonna set the rules pretty standard, and once we get 10 people together, we can vote and make changes if need be.
Am I wrong to assume you will draw for the picking order?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Am I wrong to assume you will draw for the picking order?
Nope. Picking order is randomly generated by espn, usually about 25-30 before the draft is set to start. Thats the best way IMO. 100% fair for everyone. Luck of the draw haha.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nope. Picking order is randomly generated by espn, usually about 25-30 before the draft is set to start. Thats the best way IMO. 100% fair for everyone. Luck of the draw haha.
Sounds good, I've done a lot of reading today on it, I just never picked up on that. How can I do the mock draft. I read it's a good idea, but it never explained how.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds good, I've done a lot of reading today on it, I just never picked up on that. How can I do the mock draft. I read it's a good idea, but it never explained how.
Heres a link.
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/mockdraftlobby

Basically, just join a 10-league with a snake style draft. That will be the best learning tool for ya, since thats the same way our draft will work. These are just fake drafts to help you get acquainted with the software, and how you can "expect" your real draft to go.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody else?? Only have 4 so far
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
As long as its free. I signed up for to many drafts this year already that cost money. I could have bought my x pipe if it wasn't for fantasy football.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
As long as its free. I signed up for to many drafts this year already that cost money. I could have bought my x pipe if it wasn't for fantasy football.
Me too man. This will be my 7th league. But yeah its free, just thought it be fun, so somebody has some bragging rights on the forums hahaha. Text or PM me your email if you wanna join.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Add me miguel@themontanofamily.us
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
Awesome. If tpost is playing, that will give us 6
Old 08-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #23
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:

I'm in..

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote:

I'll have to get back on because I haven't played in a year..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

I'm in..

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

I'll have to get back on because I haven't played in a year..
Pm your email. That should give us 7. I will setup the league tonight and send out invites.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. Just sent the invites. We only have 4 so far. Make sure those interested send me Pms with your emails. Tc x 4, Rm360, and kickerofdoom, i got you guys already. Everybody else send me emails!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

XxPIKExx invite sent to you bro.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #27
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Ok. Just sent the invites. We only have 4 so far. Make sure those interested send me Pms with your emails. Tc x 4, Rm360, and kickerofdoom, i got you guys already. Everybody else send me emails!
Never had time tonight.. Should Tom..

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Never had time tonigh will Tom night for sure..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

Never had time tonight.. Should Tom..

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Never had time tonigh will Tom night for sure..
Sounds good man
Old 08-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Bump for the day
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I would be interested in playing if y'all haven't had the draft yet. Never played before but sounds fun
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
I would be interested in playing if y'all haven't had the draft yet. Never played before but sounds fun
No draft yet. I have it set for next Tuesday.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

any spots still open? I didn't go through the thread to check.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:
I recall I spanked your team last year haha
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death View Post
any spots still open? I didn't go through the thread to check.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I recall I spanked your team last year haha
Yes, pm evil your email

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

EVIL, I'm having trouble opening the ESPN registration, does it have to be done on a computer?
Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes, pm evil your email

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

EVIL, I'm having trouble opening the ESPN registration, does it have to be done on a computer?
Thanks.

You should.be able to register from your phone
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys, we have 8 people. Need atleast 2 more. Fresh2death your in man, just sent u the invite. Tc, you get it figured out? You will also have to create a espn account (also free). Let me know if you need help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar