Busted by the cops :/ fixit ticket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Busted by the cops :/ fixit ticket

I was on freeway and got pulled over and given a fixit ticket. So I have to take off my window tint and change out my brake lights (LEDs with smoked lenses). I was wondering if anyone knows of led brake lights that are dot approved or if my only option is stock?

Also if I re tint my windows once I get the fixit taken care of what would the consequence be if I get caught again? I live in Cali so if anyone knows anything I would appreciate it
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
It would be funny if they took out all your door windows, front windshield and rear windshield, as punishment but not really....
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Really.!!!Nazis! I live in a smallish town where the Sheriffs brother owns the best tint shop around. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting a ticket for tint.
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Had the same thing happen to me, I just retint them. There is no other charge they can place on you for doing it again.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Talk about being strict
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

**** the Cali pigs man !!!!
Red_venom_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_venom_01
**** the Cali pigs man !!!!
Damn those cops for upholding the law. They should really have to give you a list of laws instead of just pulling you over for breaking them.
/sarcasm
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Damn those cops for upholding the law. They should really have to give you a list of laws instead of just pulling you over for breaking them.
/sarcasm
+1
Old 07-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Oh damn another police debate
But I can understand tint but led tailights with smoked covers is still very visible
Old 07-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I've always had a deep respect for law enforcement..until one night I was pulled over, told I had a brake light out, asked me and my friend to step out of the vehicle, he brings me around back and says "I have a gut feeling you are hiding something from me", I was not...he went through my car by hand tearing through all my papers and school books, finds NOTHING..than pulls out his radio and calls in a k-9, k-9 comes and TEARS my interior apart, wires under the dash were exposed, cuts in my seats, one big gash in my headliner, and they FOIND NOTHING! I asked them what are they gonna do about the dog destroying my interior, he laughed and said "call the station if youd like, and take it up with them"...he let me go on a warning for the brake light, I get home and find my brake lights are WORKING lmao, that cop was bored as hell, saw a kid driving a sports car with a backwards hat, and thought to himself "I'm gonna have some fun with this kid" lol....too this day I still respect law enforcement, but only REAL law enforcement, ya know the ones out there chasing killers, rapists, child molesters, thieves, etc, I have no respect for a cop who does nothing but sit in a patrol car all day and write ridiculous tickets to teenagers who know fight it because they can't afford a lawyer at age 19...
Old 07-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

They aren't allowed to search you're car unless you allow them to. Or if they see a gun or drugs visible.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
They aren't allowed to search you're car unless you allow them to. Or if they see a gun or drugs visible.
But they still do it I have had first hand experience ....it's a shame one jerk cop gives the goods ones a bad rap ...they are not all bad.
Nasty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

this thread is going no where fast just like others similar
Old 07-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Just say you don't consent to search. That's just giving up you're 4th amendment.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Old 07-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
I was on freeway and got pulled over and given a fixit ticket. So I have to take off my window tint and change out my brake lights (LEDs with smoked lenses). I was wondering if anyone knows of led brake lights that are dot approved or if my only option is stock?

Also if I re tint my windows once I get the fixit taken care of what would the consequence be if I get caught again? I live in Cali so if anyone knows anything I would appreciate it
Do what I do, drive with the front windows down 90% of the year... The only time you see my front windows is when my car is parked. I still need to tint my windows though.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

If they have reasonable suspicion they dont need to ask but still do out of courtesy.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT
If they have reasonable suspicion they dont need to ask but still do out of courtesy.
Video recorder goes a long way. I have never consented to a search and never will. Have never had my vehicles searched either.

If you are ever asked to step out simply take the keys and lock the doors. You'll end up with a ticket but your car will be intact.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You will have to read the California Vehicle Code to see what is approved of in the way o smoked lenses. Also, If you travel by vehicle outside of California, read the states that you will be visiting vehicle codes also. Just because it's Legal in California, it may not be legal in Arizona.

Is it really worth it to be (sic) and keep getting pulled over by the police? it is a fix it ticket. You get the tinting removed and go to a local agency and have them sign it off. However, some offices of the highway patrol (CHP) make you come back to their office and the office that wrote it can sign it off.

With computers these days, a couple of key strokes and get caught again, you will get slammed.

Is it really worth it?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Seems like there's more important things a cop could be doing. Especially when 90% of the patrol cars I c has 5% tint on them
Old 07-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Is it really worth it to be (sic) and keep getting pulled over by the police? it is a fix it ticket. You get the tinting removed and go to a local agency and have them sign it off. However, some offices of the highway patrol (CHP) make you come back to their office and the office that wrote it can sign it off.

With computers these days, a couple of key strokes and get caught again, you will get slammed.

Is it really worth it?
That pimp status man
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
You will have to read the California Vehicle Code to see what is approved of in the way o smoked lenses. Also, If you travel by vehicle outside of California, read the states that you will be visiting vehicle codes also. Just because it's Legal in California, it may not be legal in Arizona.

Is it really worth it?
If its legal in Cali it's probably going to be legal everywhere else lol

HID end all thread
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

For the lawyers out there, if your stopped, police have the right to search anything in the driver or passengers reach. Further, if they have reason to tow your vehicle, they can search the entire car. Before some of you lawyers scream the 4th amendment, it's called an inventory search. Making sure that all your "belongings" are documented and if need be, taken and logged in for you. That includes the trunk.

For those in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, getting stopped at an CBP (Border Patrol) Checkpoint. You, passengers and your entire vehicle can be searched. It's called the FEB (Functional Equivalent of the Border).

The border search exception is a doctrine of United States criminal law that allows searches and seizures at international borders and their functional equivalent without a warrant or probable cause.[1]
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For the lawyers out there, if your stopped, police have the right to search anything in the driver or passengers reach. Further, if they have reason to tow your vehicle, they can search the entire car. Before some of you lawyers scream the 4th amendment, it's called an inventory search. Making sure that all your "belongings" are documented and if need be, taken and logged in for you. That includes the trunk.

For those in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, getting stopped at an CBP (Border Patrol) Checkpoint. You, passengers and your entire vehicle can be searched. It's called the FEB (Functional Equivalent of the Border).

The border search exception is a doctrine of United States criminal law that allows searches and seizures at international borders and their functional equivalent without a warrant or probable cause.[1]
See kiddies. Your only told you have freedom. But do you really believe that. Come on man... and by the way officer Newmstang what state are you employed by?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

That would be NewMtang and a couple....
Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post

Probably next time it's just a ticket regardless if you get removed or not you will have to pay for the ticket

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote:

Is it really worth it?
Full faith and credit my friend
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

They can search you to an extent. But that does not mean tearing apart your car in the process

HID end all thread
Old 07-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #28
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
For those that don't understand the reason for laws on tint shade, it has to do with the police officer being able to see into a vehicle if they pull it over. I for one would not want to be in an officers situation of they pull over a vehicle, cannot see ito the car, and have a thug pull a gun and shoot the officer.

Here's a link to a site that shows the maximum tint allowed per state:

Automotive Window Tinting Laws in 50 US States
Old 07-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #29
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
For those that don't understand the reason for laws on tint shade, it has to do with the police officer being able to see into a vehicle if they pull it over. I for one would not want to be in an officers situation of they pull over a vehicle, cannot see ito the car, and have a thug pull a gun and shoot the officer.

Here's a link to a site that shows the maximum tint allowed per state:

Automotive Window Tinting Laws in 50 US States
Even 20% isn't that hard to see in.

HID end all thread
Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

You have the right to refuse a search. The officer is aloud to get a K9 to walk around your vehicle. The office gives the dog the ball hand command and the search begins. To prove he gave the command you literally need video. Probable cause is based on cumulative evidence and left at the officers discression. A cop pulled me over for putting on my turn signal too early. He accused me of steroids. I refused a search because he did not even have circumstantial evidence. He called a dog and put me in his car. To make a long story short. I was free as a bird. Wasted my hard earned tax dollars. He has proven to other officers that he is inaccurate and not a reliable police officer who makes bad judgment calls. He loses respect and reliability, lowering his chances of a promotion. I hate cops who do not know the job and do not follow training properly. Get the officers name and badge number next time. Blast him with bad media.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
You have the right to refuse a search. The officer is aloud to get a K9 to walk around your vehicle. The office gives the dog the ball hand command and the search begins. To prove he gave the command you literally need video. Probable cause is based on cumulative evidence and left at the officers discression. A cop pulled me over for putting on my turn signal too early. He accused me of steroids. I refused a search because he did not even have circumstantial evidence. He called a dog and put me in his car. To make a long story short. I was free as a bird. Wasted my hard earned tax dollars. He has proven to other officers that he is inaccurate and not a reliable police officer who makes bad judgment calls. He loses respect and reliability, lowering his chances of a promotion. I hate cops who do not know the job and do not follow training properly. Get the officers name and badge number next time. Blast him with bad media.
Hear, hear!!!! Most important statement in this post "does follow training properly "
Old 07-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94sccoupe View Post
Hear, hear!!!! Most important statement in this post "does follow training properly "
Great point, back on point.

The late 90s people were getting ticked for altezza tail lights. The clear covers with black or chrome on the inside. Now they are found on factory vehicles and D.O.T. approved.
If BMWs did not have angle eyes they would be illegal.
Getting a ticket for L.E.D.s, I could not fathom! If you can prove lite emitting diodes are on a new vehicle from the factory a judge will more than likely remove the ticket because they are Department of Transportation approved. You must present your case is a respectable way without verbally demeaning the officer.
Know the right approach and present the situation properly.
L.E.D.s are the future (or present) safety standard. Why are they ahead of their time.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Should be good, but I live in Texas?
Junior21gtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar