who weight lifts? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
who weight lifts?

I picked it up my senior year of high school only being 122 pounds and always being made fun of for being so small and wouldn't be able to hold my own. Now just turning 21 a few months ago I am just under 160 pounds with 5.8% body fat. As well as being in a 155 weight class for cage fighting for fun when we get the time too.

So the question is, do you lift? for fun? for strength? mass? bodybuild? completely obsessed with dieting?
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I used to. Started in 7th grade at 170 lbs I was benching 205 and doing reps with 45s on each side than played high school and maxed out at like 250 I think. Not bad for a kicker! Tore acl and now I'm in college not active and I weigh around 200 now. I hated very second of football workouts but looking back I was in way better shape. Buying the gym back up but can't give up bad food habits :/
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I used to lift a bit to strengthen upper body for long distance running and shooting but it was always a very light workout. Now I did leg-press and did ALOT of cardio and leg weight training.

But the real question is, do you even lift BRO? Lol jk

I'm a wuss, I can only do 150 like 15 times total ( 3 sets of 5 reps ).

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
I used to. Started in 7th grade at 170 lbs I was benching 205 and doing reps with 45s on each side than played high school and maxed out at like 250 I think. Not bad for a kicker! Tore acl and now I'm in college not active and I weigh around 200 now. I hated very second of football workouts but looking back I was in way better shape. Buying the gym back up but can't give up bad food habits :/
Well I am currently getting over rotator cuffs acting up so I have to take it easy on some workouts, but I have learned hard work pays off. I look back at football workouts and I wasn't the biggest obviously but it helped me be a better player I wish I could do it all over. Right now I am maxing 265x3 on bench, which isn't bad at all I don't think. I hate benching though, I would rather free weight dumbbell bench.

Yes! food and eating habits are the worst to follow, once you start it though you will look back and be like wow I ate all that stuff and feel absolutely disgusting. I know I did.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
I used to lift a bit to strengthen upper body for long distance running and shooting but it was always a very light workout. Now I did leg-press and did ALOT of cardio and leg weight training.

But the real question is, do you even lift BRO? Lol jk

I'm a wuss, I can only do 150 like 15 times total ( 3 sets of 5 reps ).
lol I get that question all the time, but I have since gained a lot of size, and I see people I haven't seen since high school and they are like wow, you're huge now. compared to what I was, it's a good feeling to accomplish something and prove fate wrong.
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

Old 07-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post

Well I am currently getting over rotator cuffs acting up so I have to take it easy on some workouts, but I have learned hard work pays off. I look back at football workouts and I wasn't the biggest obviously but it helped me be a better player I wish I could do it all over. Right now I am maxing 265x3 on bench, which isn't bad at all I don't think. I hate benching though, I would rather free weight dumbbell bench.

Yes! food and eating habits are the worst to follow, once you start it though you will look back and be like wow I ate all that stuff and feel absolutely disgusting. I know I did.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

lol I get that question all the time, but I have since gained a lot of size, and I see people I haven't seen since high school and they are like wow, you're huge now. compared to what I was, it's a good feeling to accomplish something and prove fate wrong.
Same here lol. Its what i do for fun besides messing around with the stang. I love the natural high of beating a max
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Same here lol. Its what i do for fun besides messing around with the stang. I love the natural high of beating a max
All I do is go to work then the gym. and of course play/fix/improve the stang on the weekends or any spare time.
the natural high of beating a max is like nothing else, once it's either racked or dumbbells set down its a huge smile of accomplishment and the feeling is awesome.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

All I do is go to work then the gym. and of course play/fix/improve the stang on the weekends or any spare time.
the natural high of beating a max is like nothing else, once it's either racked or dumbbells set down its a huge smile of accomplishment and the feeling is awesome.
And that swole feeling lol
Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And that swole feeling lol

oh of course, it's like bring it on b***** lol

Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'm 16 going into a junior in high school. I lift for the football team. I play guard. I weigh about 190 and bench 260. I also hang clean 260 and probably squat 315-350. The coach has us squat below parallel to work out your hamstrings too which really kills how much your able to squat. I don't really feel strong but I guess 260 as a junior is pretty strong. Lol.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

oh of course, it's like bring it on b***** lol
Feelin huge lol
I have to take a break for awhile though i broke my wrist trying new things with calisthenics lol
Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
I'm 16 going into a junior in high school. I lift for the football team. I play guard. I weigh about 190 and bench 260. I also hang clean 260 and probably squat 315-350. The coach has us squat below parallel to work out your hamstrings too which really kills how much your able to squat. I don't really feel strong but I guess 260 as a junior is pretty strong. Lol.
that's good, when I was 16 I weighed like 103 pounds lol. those are some pretty good numbers, keep it up, and never get lazy! of course, below parallel for your hamstrings and your butt pretty much. I go below parallel for everything and when maxing I use a bench to keep things accurate each time.

Quote:
Feelin huge lol
I have to take a break for awhile though i broke my wrist trying new things with calisthenics lol
oh lord lol. you can still work out your lower body and abs!

Old 07-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

that's good, when I was 16 I weighed like 103 pounds lol. those are some pretty good numbers, keep it up, and never get lazy! of course, below parallel for your hamstrings and your butt pretty much. I go below parallel for everything and when maxing I use a bench to keep things accurate each time.

oh lord lol. you can still work out your lower body and abs!
I am lol just no bench sadly
Old 07-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am lol just no bench sadly
to be honest I hardly bench, mainly because my gym only has smith machines, no open bars. So I stick to dumbbells for incline, decline, and flat bench. I feel I get a better workout that way as well.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I'm actually starting to do strongman comps. But uv been a serious lifter for about 3 years now
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
I'm actually starting to do strongman comps. But uv been a serious lifter for about 3 years now
that's awesome! I am actually looking into starting crossfit to mix things up a little.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

that's awesome! I am actually looking into starting crossfit to mix things up a little.
Crossfit is some hardcore stuff from what ive heard. I want to try it too
Old 07-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Crossfit is some hardcore stuff from what ive heard. I want to try it too
It most definitely is, but I am always up for something new and a different challenge so attempting it should be fun.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

It most definitely is, but I am always up for something new and a different challenge so attempting it should be fun.
I train jiu jitsu... Best workout I've ever experienced and its fun too!
Headleshorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I started when I was in 7th grade. In 8th grade I benched 245lbs and squated 330lbs. Then I got away from it due to me tearing my MCL in my right elbow. I now do P90X.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I hated lifting weights, I always skipped that but always started HS football lol. I always got fussed out by coaches
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I did, but I've been slacking recently

My peak was before wrestling season, weighed jut under 126 with less than 5% body fat
Natural weight is 140 :p
I was a strong mucka lucka :p
One of the strongest in my weight class
Now that I'm done, I weigh 140 and I've been pretty lazy, so Im sure I got a little weaker :p

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Bench was 260 and squat was 350

I need I get back up there
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I lift weights everyday that I can drag my *** out of bed. Sometimes it's really hard to get out of bed.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
Sad Panda
Staff

I just started working out lightly in the last month. going to the gym mon-fri. for a couple hours. I go with my cousin. if my scale is right ive only lost 10 lbs putting me right at 200
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I actually just finished up my 5 days giving me 3 off. it changes every week to keep my body guessing but this 3 day break is about to be relaxing and healing! Haha

Old 08-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
Sad Panda
Staff

very nice, I need to get a diet and stick to it. I just haven't yet lol
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Definitely almost everyday
Head turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
very nice, I need to get a diet and stick to it. I just haven't yet lol
The diet at first is the worst, as for me I am trying to gain weight so I'm still on a diet but still watching what I eat to keep body fat down. No unneeded sugars, pop, candy, cake etc. Which I haven't had in about 4 months. if I tried to eat fast food right now I would probably be sick, I never eat it haha.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The diet at first is the worst, as for me I am trying to gain weight so I'm still on a diet but still watching what I eat to keep body fat down. No unneeded sugars, pop, candy, cake etc. Which I haven't had in about 4 months. if I tried to eat fast food right now I would probably be sick, I never eat it haha.
Diets the hardest part, i love working out, hate dieting lol its hard not to eat fast food when its the only thing open when im awake...been keeping it clean lately though!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Diets the hardest part, i love working out, hate dieting lol its hard not to eat fast food when its the only thing open when im awake...been keeping it clean lately though!
it's hard but it does get easier, now I don't even want half that stuff. I just turned 21 not to long ago and all my buddies ask me to go out and get some brews, 95% of the time it's turned down. I feel accomplished just by that lol

Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Started in the 8th grade weighing like 100 pounds :p now 17 and weighing 190 at 6ft 2in and 7.6% body fat. I run about 6 miles every other day. I don't lift much, all you need is your body . I run most of the spartan races and warrior dashes here
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
15" bicep girth. Took a year off my lifetime sport
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15 inches.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	123533  

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
15" bicep girth. Took a year off my lifetime sport
Your getting close to my weiner girth
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Marathoner here!
Calandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Your getting close to my weiner girth
That's about the size of my wiener girth.
Soft
Folded in half..
Lol reminds me of middle school XD

On a completely great note
I FINALLY STARTED HITTING THE GYM AGAIN!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
My biceps are 14.5ins at 16 years old
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar