Pulled over? Lets hear your stories - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #1

Region: Massachusetts
Pulled over? Lets hear your stories

I'm a new member here and just got another mustang. Of course two weeks into having it I get pulled over for "cutting off" an officer who was behind another vehicle at the time. I pulled over and they searched me for no reason, and then pulled apart my car, glove box, center console and even pulled my backseat off and threw it on the ground. After them not finding anything then proceeded to not find me guilty of any warrants or prior arrests and that got them mad. So after another 15 mins having to sit on my hands on the ground; gave me a criminal endangerment charge and now have to go to court. Unreal... And if that's not bad enough they then theew my license at me and said for me to pick up my backseat saying "good luck finding the papers that flew out while we searched your vehicle...and then smirked. Bacon-bits.
Figure I try and maybe hear some of your stories of your "best" interactions with the 5-0! Maybe while in your 5.0L!!!
Mustang_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Welcome but this thread wont be open long...
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Welcome but this thread wont be open long...
I guess it's against the sites policy huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Cops or no cops they shouldn't have done that. If it were me I would've said something. Glad cops like that army here otherwise I'd be in jail already. :/
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Cops or no cops they shouldn't have done that. If it were me I would've said something. Glad cops like that army here otherwise I'd be in jail already. :/
I know I tried to just keep my cool through the whole thing, it's sad when some cops pull an ego trip...sorry you were bullied as a child.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Nah it's called not taking crap from people who think they can dish it to anyone
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Nah it's called not taking crap from people who think they can dish it to anyone
I agree I haven't been messed with like this for a long time so I haven't had the anger or guts to do anything but now I'm all amped up and ready to go!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Mark View Post
I'm a new member here and just got another mustang. Of course two weeks into having it I get pulled over for "cutting off" an officer who was behind another vehicle at the time. I pulled over and they searched me for no reason, and then pulled apart my car, glove box, center console and even pulled my backseat off and threw it on the ground. After them not finding anything then proceeded to not find me guilty of any warrants or prior arrests and that got them mad. So after another 15 mins having to sit on my hands on the ground; gave me a criminal endangerment charge and now have to go to court. Unreal... And if that's not bad enough they then theew my license at me and said for me to pick up my backseat saying "good luck finding the papers that flew out while we searched your vehicle...and then smirked. Bacon-bits.
Figure I try and maybe hear some of your stories of your "best" interactions with the 5-0! Maybe while in your 5.0L!!!
Rule #1: memorize your rights.
Rule #2: record any encounter. Video on your phone/dash cam can have your back if anything happens. Cause in the court of law, a law enforcement officer's word will over rule yours unless you can prove it.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post

Rule #1: memorize your rights.
Rule #2: record any encounter. Video on your phone/dash cam can have your back if anything happens. Cause in the court of law, a law enforcement officer's word will over rule yours unless you can prove it.
Will look into this thanks for the information
Old 08-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I had an encounter with police Saturday, where i was going over the speed limit down an empty side street. And noticed a speed radar set up on the opposite side of the road, facing away from me. I hit the brakes anyway. Upon pulling onto a more populated street, i see people pulling over to the side of the road, and an Unmarked cruiser, with police in civilian clothing coming my direction towards me. So i pull over to give him right of way. NOPE. He sees me, turns off the lights, pops a U turn, and follows me. Follows me to nearly my house. Granted, i had been driving very calmly aside from the unoccupied side street. So he decides to cut me off in the middle of an intersection, and drive away after he had been following me for awhile.

Next day, i had a marked car drive slowly passed my work, and park right next to my car. Again, a plain clothed person got out, walked around the car, and the pulled away, out of the shopping center.

If you're going to give me a ticket, do it while you're following behind me. Don't stalk me at work, ok fellas? If they want a ride, they can just ask. I'm just going to chalk the experience up to a coincidence, seeing as nothing more has happened since.

My advice, be very polite and respectful to police. Then when you have your day in court, hit them with a recorded video. I'm pretty sure they had no right to search your vehicle. Let alone trash your car.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I had an encounter with police Saturday, where i was going over the speed limit down an empty side street. And noticed a speed radar set up on the opposite side of the road, facing away from me. I hit the brakes anyway. Upon pulling onto a more populated street, i see people pulling over to the side of the road, and an Unmarked cruiser, with police in civilian clothing coming my direction towards me. So i pull over to give him right of way. NOPE. He sees me, turns off the lights, pops a U turn, and follows me. Follows me to nearly my house. Granted, i had been driving very calmly aside from the unoccupied side street. So he decides to cut me off in the middle of an intersection, and drive away after he had been following me for awhile.

Next day, i had a marked car drive slowly passed my work, and park right next to my car. Again, a plain clothed person got out, walked around the car, and the pulled away, out of the shopping center.

If you're going to give me a ticket, do it while you're following behind me. Don't stalk me at work, ok fellas? If they want a ride, they can just ask. I'm just going to chalk the experience up to a coincidence, seeing as nothing more has happened since.

My advice, be very polite and respectful to police. Then when you have your day in court, hit them with a recorded video. I'm pretty sure they had no right to search your vehicle. Let alone trash your car.
Good story and great advice. It wasn't exactly nice of them and after all that he says nice car!!! Wtf?!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Mark
Use the recording on his dash when u go to court
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Use the recording on his dash when u go to court
That's if it was recording. Haha
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz

That's if it was recording. Haha
Lol true. Isn't it supposed to always be recording though?
Old 08-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol true. Isn't it supposed to always be recording though?
Yeap! Supposed to be! But they can say it malfunctioned or whatevee
Old 08-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

When the officer hits the strobes the recording begins. If it "malfunctioned" use that against them. Demand to see the video evidence of any wrongdoing on your part also get a lawyer.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Got pulled today because i was told i illegally used the turn lane to pass 4 people. But it was raining and i used that lane to swerve from hitting a guy slamming on the brakes and the guy at the light wasnt paying attention and going so i got over then got lite up. Which technically i was but i wasnt for that reason, oh well it is what it is, he was a jerk about it but was nice just giving me a warning but only because my father got me out of it
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Just got pulled over today, no front plate but cop was nice and let me off with a warning

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2413978930.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	122852
Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I've never gotten off from a cop. Except for that 1 time I was running this guy down who had literally stalkstalked me for over a month (his ex was staying at my place) our sheriffs don't have speed radars, so they can't get you for speeding. Well, we were in my friends cherokee and hauling *** behind this dude. Long story short, he calls the cops, sheriff pulls us over for "speeding", searched the vehicle. Found 9 knives and a baseball bat(i was only going to have a chat with him). Let us go because they couldn't prove we were "speeding". Dumbass. Head back to my house, and pass this same dude again in front of my house. -_-

Other than that, I've had no altercations with the POPO! Besides speeding tickets lol and I never get away with that lol
Old 08-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Just got pulled over today, no front plate but cop was nice and let me off with a warning
Did he say anything about your radar?
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:31 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Nope
Old 08-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I got a speeding ticket for going 61 in a 55 last year. Most pointless thing ever
Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got a speeding ticket for going 61 in a 55 last year. Most pointless thing ever
That cop must of been a dick! I think one that low wouldn't go on your license, correct?
Old 08-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #24

Quote:
What a joke...

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote:

That cop must of been a dick! I think one that low wouldn't go on your license, correct?
Lol idk yet...I have to go to court to have a trial as a criminal...so it will if there's proof that I did anything to "endanger the public"

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Mark View Post

What a joke...

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Lol idk yet...I have to go to court to have a trial as a criminal...so it will if there's proof that I did anything to "endanger the public"
Sorry posted this to wrong thread but there's more b.s. to go with...
Old 08-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote:

It was going to but I got it dropped lol

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Mark

What a joke...

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Sorry posted this to wrong thread but there's more b.s. to go with...
I agree lol
Old 08-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

It was going to but I got it dropped lol
Well that worked out. My first ticket I paid 283 dollars to have it switched to an improper equipment (No points on your license). My 2nd one cost me 560. 500 dollar lawyer fee, then took the online driving class, ended up with another improper equipment lol I learned to slow down a little I was 18 over last time lol
Old 08-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well that worked out. My first ticket I paid 283 dollars to have it switched to an improper equipment (No points on your license). My 2nd one cost me 560. 500 dollar lawyer fee, then took the online driving class, ended up with another improper equipment lol I learned to slow down a little I was 18 over last time lol
Lmao damn man!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I got clocked going 40 over once...... I got a "warning" I think he might of gave up
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Got a $850 careless driving / racing ticket for according to the cop racing a 84 Lincoln continental.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss
I got clocked going 40 over once...... I got a "warning" I think he might of gave up
Lmao livin life on the edge I see
Old 08-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Lmao livin life on the edge I see
That was on my GSXR-750, I sold it after I had my fun lol. It was to much for the street
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

i've gotten a warning for 98 in a 35, a warning for 68 in a 55, a warning for launching to hard at a light in front of two squad cars behind me, i was pulled over for putting my vehicle sideways leaving a parking lot a 2 am, i was however ticketed for 61 in a 30...but got off with $50 court cost and $50 driving school. My record is spotless lol, and i just got my insurance drop from turning 25 so that's cool. good rule of thumb...get pulled over by officers that like mustangs. even the one where i got the ticket i can't complain the officer was nice, and he could have arrested me for wreckless and impounded the car...$100 was fine by me

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i've gotten a warning for 98 in a 35, a warning for 68 in a 55, a warning for launching to hard at a light in front of two squad cars behind me, i was pulled over for putting my vehicle sideways leaving a parking lot a 2 am, i was however ticketed for 61 in a 30...but got off with $50 court cost and $50 driving school. My record is spotless lol, and i just got my insurance drop from turning 25 so that's cool. good rule of thumb...get pulled over by officers that like mustangs. even the one where i got the ticket i can't complain the officer was nice, and he could have arrested me for wreckless and impounded the car...$100 was fine by me
You should come to NC and try all that haha, you'd be in jail with these troopers
Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You should come to NC and try all that haha, you'd be in jail with these troopers
yeah the 98 was a sheriff on a back road...the 68 was a state trooper...then of course the 2 sheriffs behind me on the red light...the ticket was from a local PO but again it worked out pretty well. i use to have pretty bad driving habits lol, but since i got the insurance drop i'm pretty mellow...i don't wanna go back to what i was paying before

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1 they don't play in NC, they will take ur car like it's theirs

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar