$23k for a 2013 Premium GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
$23k for a 2013 Premium GT

I bought my '13 Pony early this year and then got reamed through a divorce. I had a '98 F-150 that I owned and bought the Pony for my daily driver. Well due to the divorce and the ridiculous amount of money I had to fork out, I couldn't afford 2 vehicles, so I sold the truck and looked at trading the mustang in on a new F-150 lease or used F-150 trade, because I really need a truck and it's very tight every month trying to make this payment.

When I purchased my car, MSRP was $37,800. Obviously I didn't pay that, but I still owe $30k on the car. It has 11,000 miles, premium, leather, GT track package, shaker audio etc. Ford dealer says true market value is $23,000! I laughed in the guys face. Where's Waldo books could find a better true market value than that. Even a Chevy dealer offered $28k. Anyway, end result is I'm keeping the car and I'll find someway to make ends meet right now. Moral of the story- dealers are snakes and you're better off buying a used car rather than new!
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #2

Region: Ohio
Wow talk about low-balling the price of your car! If you take a look at Classifieds like cars.com or Autotrader, I think you'll find most guys selling lightly used Mustangs such as yours are priced to be depreciated by only a few grand or so, as newer GT's especially seem to hold value well enough...
Uncle Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
They wanted to make like 10k on your car...
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hear ya. Same deal here. Buy the 2012 car in Dec. '11, then wife decides to do some things there's no going back from and tell me all about it in Jan. '13. Result? I'm buying her out.

So car payment continues, mortgage more than doubles, monthly expenses increase hugely, anxiety levels peak but, on the plus side, I own title on my house, my car, my bike and my pension so, I win.

Stick with it, man, there are few enough pleasures in life...and don't sign away your personal autonomy ever again.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Hear ya. Same deal here. Buy the 2012 car in Dec. '11, then wife decides to do some things there's no going back from and tell me all about it in Jan. '13. Result? I'm buying her out.

So car payment continues, mortgage more than doubles, monthly expenses increase hugely, anxiety levels peak but, on the plus side, I own title on my house, my car, my bike and my pension so, I win.

Stick with it, man, there are few enough pleasures in life...and don't sign away your personal autonomy ever again.
I swear you would turn me into a church going man if you were a pastor/preacher/whatever they call them. There should not be admins on this site. There should be one Admin, and it should be you. For real.

(Nothing against the mods/admins that currently rule the roost)
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Thats why you need prenuptual agreements. Cause if she leave yo a#! She gone leave wit half.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03
Thats why you need prenuptual agreements. Cause if she leave yo a#! She gone leave wit half.
Sure...go into marriage with a failure agreement.

Maybe ppl should make sure who they are marrying first.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. Yea my only option to get out of the car if it really comes to not being able to afford it, will be to sell it myself. I hope it doesn't come to that point. On a good note, trying to save every penny, I've got my current average MPG at 25.3! Pretty much coasting wherever I go lol
Old 08-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That sucks you lost a car :/
Old 08-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Well, it's easy to be authentic...when you're speaking from the heart.

You can trust on this, I didn't see what came my way and there was not way of predicting this outcome 20 years ago when I started this relationship.

In most jurisdictions, pre-nups aren't worth the paper they are printed on unless you are VERY careful in their crafting.

You need to articulate everything in the agreement and you need to ensure both parties have independent legal advice and are signing off without ANY compulsion whatsoever.

The "half" thing is also overblown in most second-shot situations. A second kick at the can doesn't open the door to take half of the stuff you came in with. Entitlement is usually half of what the marriage/relationship produced from its start point. This can be significant too, of course and, is well beyond my ability to afford so, I'll be really selective about who shares anything with me and under what circumstances.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

Sure...go into marriage with a failure agreement.

Maybe ppl should make sure who they are marrying first.
People change after 10+ years. You never know what will happen.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Single people say, keep the car and not the woman. But sometimes the car takes half. What a big loss in a short period of time. Have you thought about personally selling it? My uncle has a new Thunderbird and recently went to Chevy for my cousin. A second opinion from a dealership might be the best route.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I had the car listed for a short time, a few calls and one low offer. I decided to pull the ad for now. My financing is 1.9%, so most on my payment goes right to principal. I'll keep it for now. If it comes down to food and shelter over the car, then I'll worry lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar