Letter to FORD CEO - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Letter to FORD CEO

So owning my 2013 ford mustang gt has been a nightmare. Im 22 years old and saved every penny i had to finance this car. Its had 1 motor swap 2 rear ends and overheated on me twice in 10 months of ownership. Lemon law went through but ford is refusing to give me back my 15k down payment and 10 payments i made. They want to give me back 14290 and pay off remainder of the loan. I want to write a personal letter to the CEO as this new car that i dreamt of owning has caused so much frustration and has made me even lose days of school.

Does anybody know how i can go about this. Maybe ford will step up cause im, livid at this point. No body should go through what i went through with this car 10 months ive owned it 4.5 months it spend at a dealership being repaired.
Apod91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
That's odd. Usually these cars are stout. Either way, sorry to hear about your trouble.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Im sorry to hear that! Was it brand new?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Lemon law in most states gives you amount paid minus mileage. Was this an arbitration agreement or did you go through the process after arbitration?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Hard on it? Take care of it?

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Sounds like that car was abused, just my opinion. I have had my 5.0 since 2011 and it runs like a champ!
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Just a little FYI: if you're looking to get money from ford for a horrible car due to an engine and 2 rear ends, maybe take down your profile pic of you at the strip!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
Just a little FYI: if you're looking to get money from ford for a horrible car due to an engine and 2 rear ends, maybe take down your profile pic of you at the strip!
I won't lie I saw that pic and chuckled when I read the first post....

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Overheated 2 times? Did you happen to hot lap the car when you were at the drag strip?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
I won't lie I saw that pic and chuckled when I read the first post....
^ I'm right there with you...
Old 09-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
As the silence in the posting continues, you could hear a pin drop, if several weren't laughing to hard.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #12

Region: Texas
Quote:
No Kidding!

Prolly shoulda got the Track Pak.

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

I had to register just to reply to this post.
This guy has got a tough row to hoe if he continues down this path!
SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

To help save face, the OP should probably go back and delete a few of his posts...

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...=2849395&pp=20

One revealed that his "miles to empty" never shows above 215. Ahhh, kids and machinery...
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

This is one of the dumbest threads on here. Ford looks over these fouroms. With a profile pic of you at the track, you can probally throw everything out the window. Seems like you were hard on the car. Things break deal with it.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #15
Road Trip!

This is what u should do

And follow each step....
Delete your post and buy a gt500
Mustang_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
This...thread...is...awesome!

I haven't broken anything on my 12. The transmission self-destructed without any provocation at 3400 kilometers but, since that little fix, car has delivered....

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

U guys are make assumptions to fast. This was a track pack and this car started knocking when i picked it up from the dealer the day it came off the trailer. I was told several times that its normal by my dealer and to drive the car normal as i did, i broke it in the way i felt right. I babied the car till 2000 miles did an oil changed and the noise got worse. Took if to a diff dealer and they told me that the bearings were bad and FORD KNEW ABOUT THE ISSUE it had that infamous tap
Motor was replaced rear end was the same deal
This car had flow master outlaws on it thats it
And u all need to realize this a mustang not a fusion. Yes i took the car to the strip after the motor was replaced and broken in. This is what this car is for...
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
He's 22 years old going on 16!!!!!!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Well, it kinda makes you wonder, you buy a mustang with the track pack, what did they expect you to do with it? Get groceries? Drive it to church?

Only the op knows if he abused his car or not but I gotta admit, this is the first mustang I've heard about that has had this many problems.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

you ran the hell out of it
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #21
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I've got 47K miles on my mustang. I've actively drifted the car in events after 15K miles. I don't have a tap or any other problems. His car has to be a lemon. After all the abuse I put my car through, it still runs like a top.

I think you should just take the loss if ford is willing to give you back your down payment and pay off your balance. Maybe get yourself a nice Subaru. Ugh, I'd totally get an WRX STI wagon if I could afford to have them both.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If Ford doesn't fix its mistake because someone took a performance car to a drag strip, then they are in the wrong. Now if there is evidence of him abusing the hell out of it, burn outs, extensive racing, etc. then I do believe Ford has a right to question things.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Sounds like you just got a bad car. I remember reading a few years back the the #1 lemon lawed car in the world was the Lamborghini. I assume they were speaking in terms of percentage of total production, but still... Could you imagine?? I'm thankful I've never had to go through the process. Sucks man. Hope it works out for you.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
If Ford doesn't fix its mistake because someone took a performance car to a drag strip, then they are in the wrong. Now if there is evidence of him abusing the hell out of it, burn outs, extensive racing, etc. then I do believe Ford has a right to question things.
I don't know the right answer, but are normal operating conditions defined somewhere in the small print? Seems like if they aren't, they should have no cause to question how the car is driven if they don't offer very specific instructions how to do so.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

The OP has not stated how many miles he's put on the car. Seems to me Ford has made him whole. You can't expect to not be charged for mileage.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Car has 12k now and because it broke down so early in its life has not taken off for mileage use.
Car has seen 1 day at a test n tune on stock tires. I've driven stick since i was 16 and never broken or burnt out a clutch. My 3 passes were subtle. How can u guys say i abused my car, im a car enthusiast like all of you. After the troubles started it only went back in to the dealer, and they extensively looked over my car for abuse. 3 days ago the fans stopped working. They were replaced. Last night i got stuck on the side of the road because again the car overheated because yet again the brand new fans stopped working. I myself had to go in and find this...

The fan plug ground wire... 3 days after being at the dealer they overlooked this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2165353285.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	127031
Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-798272326.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	127032
Old 09-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apod91 View Post
Car has 12k now and because it broke down so early in its life has not taken off for mileage use.
Car has seen 1 day at a test n tune on stock tires. I've driven stick since i was 16 and never broken or burnt out a clutch. My 3 passes were subtle. How can u guys say i abused my car, im a car enthusiast like all of you. After the troubles started it only went back in to the dealer, and they extensively looked over my car for abuse. 3 days ago the fans stopped working. They were replaced. Last night i got stuck on the side of the road because again the car overheated because yet again the brand new fans stopped working. I myself had to go in and find this...

The fan plug ground wire... 3 days after being at the dealer they overlooked this.
Ohhh. You got a lemon. That sucks. They still aren't going to give you every penny back. Are you trying to get in another Mustang? I'm sure your a bit sour on them, but what you are dealing with is pretty unique
Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

You've definitely got a lemon and it has to suck. Maybe you can get them to give you a new car and start over, but you have to expect to pay for the mileage. 12,000mi equals $6000. I admit to abusing my car and haven't had the first problem. Hope it all works out for you, don't give up on Ford,IMO, they make the best products on the road at any price.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I don't live in a lemon law state. How does it work? Do you just have to accept what the dealer offers once its declared a lemon? Or, is there some sort of arbitration? I'm assuming all states are different. I see that this is NY.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Lemon law varies by state. Here in MS it's pretty straightforward.

15 days in shop for same issue or 3 visits for same issue. You then notify Ford corporate you expect it fixed and they have 10 days to fix.

If you are not satisfied after 10 days you once again notify Ford corporate and meet with an independent arbitrator.

If you are not satisfied with arbitration you notify Ford corporate again and file in your state courts for lemon law.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I'm glad this thread turned around a little. For a Mustang to have that many issues before it even hits 15k is asinine. I doubt this guy took it around Daytona. I'll never buy a new Ford, sad as that may be. A guy at my work bought a '13 Mustang GT and has had several issues, usually stupid things that point to poor quality. Another guy bought a new Fusion and it has spent as much time in the shop as it has being driven by him over the first three months of ownership. I sympathize with the OP and hope everything works out.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
He's 22 years old going on 16!!!!!!
Lol
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
I'm glad this thread turned around a little. For a Mustang to have that many issues before it even hits 15k is asinine. I doubt this guy took it around Daytona. I'll never buy a new Ford, sad as that may be. A guy at my work bought a '13 Mustang GT and has had several issues, usually stupid things that point to poor quality. Another guy bought a new Fusion and it has spent as much time in the shop as it has being driven by him over the first three months of ownership. I sympathize with the OP and hope everything works out.
I've purchased 4 new Fords over the last 4 years and the only issue I have had with any of them was a bent axle on a 2010 GT Mustang. Other than that I havent put any of my cars in the shop for a single reason that wasn't maintenance. It's odd to hear these stories but when your producing products on such large scall they are not all going to be perfect. IMO, Ford makes the highest quality cars in America, and is making strides to catch up with Europe
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

I've purchased 4 new Fords over the last 4 years and the only issue I have had with any of them was a bent axle on a 2010 GT Mustang. Other than that I havent put any of my cars in the shop for a single reason that wasn't maintenance. It's odd to hear these stories but when your producing products on such large scall they are not all going to be perfect. IMO, Ford makes the highest quality cars in America, and is making strides to catch up with Europe
May be a freak occurrence, but for two people in a row at my work to buy borderline lemon vehicles from Ford is enough to ruin my opinion of their initial quality. Its one of those things where I'd feel like I got what was coming if I were to go ahead and buy a new Ford despite what i've seen. Cars are very expensive nowadays, and dealing with issues like the OP would be a serious problem for me.. too big an issue to walk into that buzzsaw.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Call me lucky but, out of the last 5 Fords I've bought new ('91 Mustang 5.0, '06 Powerstroke Lariat 4x4, '07 GT Premium, '11 Ranger XLT 4x4 and a '14 GT/TP), the only issues I've had was a check-engine light on the Powerstroke (it lacked a programming update) and an intermittent brake pressure switch on the '07 GT. Since then, I've had no indications of anything acting out of the ordinary. I'm not easy on the '14, as it gets ripped at least weekly, or more often when I'm feelin' frisky. It stands tall and will be nitpickingly maintained (over and above Ford's published maintenance schedule) while I own it. Fords have served me extremely well over the years and to-date, never once left me stranded. I can't begin to say that about GM and Mopar.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

« Photoshop | Ji ebib »