Ford Acceleration Problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
TAG
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: California
Posts: 4
Thumbs down Ford Acceleration Problems

I am trying to find any more recent complaints about this problem. I filled out a complaint form months ago on the site and nothing ever happened. I just filled out an additional one since someone else experienced the same thing while driving my car. A neighbor had to take me to emergency and a valet in Las Vegas. Luckily I warn everyone if they have to drive my car but I forgot to mention it to the valet. Scared them both to death. Valet kept apologizing profusely. All he did was turn the car on and it started revving. He never had his foot on the gas or brake. He didn't want me thinking he was showing off. He never wants to park one again. My neighbor thanked me for warning her because otherwise we would have got into a major accident. She will never drive it again. I hope I don't have another emergency. I have no alternative so I have to drive my car. I am however, always on guard knowing that there is this problem. Not knowing it was out there was horrible. I thought I was crazy, or pressing harder than I was, etc. Once I checked the site to file complaints and saw all of the other complaints, I was relieved. I did feel bad for all the people I have found who have spend thousands of dollars trying to find a fix. I am glad I saw that as well otherwise that could have been me. No fix found yet. How many complaints does it take for Ford to acknowledge the problem? Does someone have to die? Just looking at the huge lawsuit right now with Toyota, will it have to become that bad?
TAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
With a name like that I mark this poster a troll.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
Wtf
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
TAG
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: California
Posts: 4
Thumbs down Not a Troll

Nope... Not a troll. Just the name of my company. It is used on everything. It didn't occur to me that asking a completely rational question about a problem I know many have had, that it would occur to someone it wasn't legit. That doesn't even make sense.
TAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Why have we been getting so many trolls recently?
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Damn trolls... I've never heard of an unintended acceleration case with a s197 that wasn't a floor mat. If you did have an issue... It would be with the tps or the electronic throttle body. Thread/
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Wtf
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAssGirl View Post
Nope... Not a troll. Just the name of my company. It is used on everything. It didn't occur to me that asking a completely rational question about a problem I know many have had, that it would occur to someone it wasn't legit. That doesn't even make sense.
^ I highly suggest you should lay down somewhere, before you fall and stab yourself with a spoon....
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
TAG
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: California
Posts: 4
Very funny. Perhaps you should do a little more research on the Internet before you think you know everything. I have no mats as I did discover that issue months ago. I have wrote about this problem on my website and received a lot of feedback that reporting made no difference. I used the name to validate to them that maybe it could and maybe they could get help. Silly me. I should have known posting an intelligent question on a site for mustangs using that user name would bring out all the immature single boys who are trying to make up for their lack of manhood by their car. You give Mustang owners a bad name. Now go crawl back in your garage and polish something
TAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Lol mad Bro? I've never heard of this issue ever. Nor has anyone else here I guess. Move along.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAssGirl
Very funny. Perhaps you should do a little more research on the Internet before you think you know everything. I have no mats as I did discover that issue months ago. I have wrote about this problem on my website and received a lot of feedback that reporting made no difference. I used the name to validate to them that maybe it could and maybe they could get help. Silly me. I should have known posting an intelligent question on a site for mustangs using that user name would bring out all the immature single boys who are trying to make up for their lack of manhood by their car. You give Mustang owners a bad name. Now go crawl back in your garage and polish something
I'm married and posting from my garage while taking a break from suspension work.

Have you modified the ecu with a chip or tune?
Have you checked the tps voltage?
Have you used a multimeter to make sure the tb is getting correct voltage?

Things like this are why I like my throttle cable, clutch cable and steering shaft. If all else fails I have control of those three.

Hopefully that helps fatassgirl
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
^ you're so correct, your wasting your time "here"... So why are you "here"? ... Doesn't that show your lack of intelligence ?
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Go home shark, you're drunk
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coleton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wekiva springs
Region: Florida
Posts: 232
Another camaro owner tisk tisk

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Also why do you only have 3 posts? Hmm troll!
Coleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 312
These replies are funny.but seriously wtf is this import user talking about.i say import cause they love to really rev up there toys.
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
What kind of company?? Theassgirl??

Sounds like you should be driving a ford "escort" instead depending on the "services" you sell at "theassgirl" company.
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Now I'm intrigued, whats this the a$$ girl company you speak of? What's your rating on the BBB? Why haven't you formally introduced yourself? And.... Not one pic of your car? Hmmmmmmm.....
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jordan
Region: New York
Posts: 307
TROLL TROLL jump in your Stang and ROLL ROLL !!!!!! LOL
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
I have a legit noob question.... what's the point of trolling on here? What are people hoping to achieve?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
A good laugh i suppose
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Then "if" you're a female why would your handle be so obvious "the *** girl" ? Lol even the sluttiest of sluts would think of names like "angel eyes" or "forbidden fruit69"..... Hahahahaha
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jordan
Region: New York
Posts: 307
Hey guys maybe its fat pony in disguise . He's baaack !!!!!!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Hey guys maybe its fat pony in disguise . He's baaack !!!!!!
We both dropped a Fat Pony in different threads at the same time. That guy is quickly reaching icon status
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
^ hahaha " not on my watch dammit "
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #25
TAG
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Region: California
Posts: 4
Thank you LowFlyn. I will look into those. It is almost tragic how pathetic the rest of you little boys are. Trying to be all badass to a woman on a forum. Oh so tough. Sorry but I graduated from high school a long time ago and it's apparent to me that none of you have lives. You can say all you want but the only one who looks like an ******* is you. I could sit and insult your manhood but none of you are all worth it. Your moms must be proud!
TAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
I'm not so sure it's fat pony. The responses are just flat out not so funny. However, if it is a legitimate question, u have to understand that to most of us here, it's not one ever asked. If u r serious, lowflyjn did lead u in the right direction. Take ur car to advanced and let them check it for codes. IAC and TPS have to be in there somewhere too.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
TCopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: KCMO
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,260
I guess I missed out on this fat pony guy.
__________________

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAssGirl View Post
I am trying to find any more recent complaints about this problem. I filled out a complaint form months ago on the site and nothing ever happened. I just filled out an additional one since someone else experienced the same thing while driving my car. A neighbor had to take me to emergency and a valet in Las Vegas. Luckily I warn everyone if they have to drive my car but I forgot to mention it to the valet. Scared them both to death. Valet kept apologizing profusely. All he did was turn the car on and it started revving. He never had his foot on the gas or brake. He didn't want me thinking he was showing off. He never wants to park one again. My neighbor thanked me for warning her because otherwise we would have got into a major accident. She will never drive it again. I hope I don't have another emergency. I have no alternative so I have to drive my car. I am however, always on guard knowing that there is this problem. Not knowing it was out there was horrible. I thought I was crazy, or pressing harder than I was, etc. Once I checked the site to file complaints and saw all of the other complaints, I was relieved. I did feel bad for all the people I have found who have spend thousands of dollars trying to find a fix. I am glad I saw that as well otherwise that could have been me. No fix found yet. How many complaints does it take for Ford to acknowledge the problem? Does someone have to die? Just looking at the huge lawsuit right now with Toyota, will it have to become that bad?
Well there is a sight on the net, TheASSGirl | Slutty Clothes | Offensive T Shirts | Hot Shorts For Women, sells naughty shorts and t-shirts.

Try going to: http://www.nhtsa.gov/

They have an extensive data base to search through.

You can bet that unless Ford has to, they will wait till they get sued. Remember the Pinto Lawsuit, Ford instead of recalling and replacing a $11.00 part, decided it would be cheaper to defend any lawsuits with injuries and deaths.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Well there is a sight on the net, TheASSGirl | Slutty Clothes | Offensive T Shirts | Hot Shorts For Women, sells naughty shorts and t-shirts.

Try going to: http://www.nhtsa.gov/

They have an extensive data base to search through.

You can bet that unless Ford has to, they will wait till they get sued. Remember the Pinto Lawsuit, Ford instead of recalling and replacing a $11.00 part, decided it would be cheaper to defend any lawsuits with injuries and deaths.
Remember the part in Fightclub where Edward Norton is telling the woman on the plane the math behind wether or not a recall is done? I bet that's pretty accurate
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Has anyone thought that maybe this car really really really wants to get away from its evil owner that's it's willing to accelerate to self-destruction for no reason? ... WTF!! who keeps a car that does this *****?? anyone? Why don't you just take it back to where you bought it and find another one. This is so pointless Jordan never won a ring without Scotty pippen and Brady didnt call the cops on Hernandez ... B.S!!! I say B.S!!!
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mlarv5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kent Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 884
You come on here with a name like that and call us immature! You state in your profile you are from Chicago California with nothing more then a 2007 Mustang GT, and you want to be taken seriously?

You state you have a website and people have complained about this?
What is the URL? This way we can see what you are talking about.

First off have you taken it to a Ford dealer to see if they can fix this, along with register a complaint?
How often does it happen?
What Engine is in your car?
Did you buy it new in 07 or did you just get it?
If you bought it new take
Has it done it the entire time or did this just start?
If you bought it used how long ago?
Did you get a warranty?
Has it done it the entire time or did it just start?

We all would love to help a fellow Stang owner out, but think about the message you sent by registering with the information you did, and post something like this for a first post.

If this is for real then I hope this post helps. If not then have a great day and learn English, it really does make a difference in how you are taken in the real world.
__________________
1968 Coupe <53000 miles on her 289 came off the line Jan 21st 1968. I bought it in 1983

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Fat pony? I love you lmao
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Fat Pony trolled you guys so hard, you're all afraid to be trolled again. He has instilled fear into the mustang community. Constantly fearful of when he will strike again. Someone Asks a legitimate question, and one cries troll, then another, and another. Until we have another Salem Witch trial on our hands. Fatpony; if you're out there. You are the stuff of legends my friend. Even if you did message me weird things on PM.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Fat Pony trolled you guys so hard, you're all afraid to be trolled again. He has instilled fear into the mustang community. Constantly fearful of when he will strike again. Someone Asks a legitimate question, and one cries troll, then another, and another. Until we have another Salem Witch trial on our hands. Fatpony; if you're out there. You are the stuff of legends my friend. Even if you did message me weird things on PM.
Story time?
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:20 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.