Xbox one or ps4? Why? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Xbox one or ps4? Why?

As the title says Xbox one or ps4 and why would you pick it?
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Neither you will be spied on!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My Xbox One is preordered already. I could never go to PSN after playing on Xbox live for 10 years. It's just a better experience. The achievements on the Xbox are a way better system than the trophies on the PS3 imo
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
My Xbox One is preordered already. I could never go to PSN after playing on Xbox live for 10 years. It's just a better experience. The achievements on the Xbox are a way better system than the trophies on the PS3 imo
If I cared about achievements or trophies, that make the difference, but for what it's worth, il go ps3. None of my sony products have let me down and the price is attractive. Plus offline playability is a must for me. I take it to sea and leave it In the mess for the boys to use and there's no wifi out at sea lol
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post

If I cared about achievements or trophies, that make the difference, but for what it's worth, il go ps3. None of my sony products have let me down and the price is attractive. Plus offline playability is a must for me. I take it to sea and leave it In the mess for the boys to use and there's no wifi out at sea lol
You are aware the Xbox One also plays games offline yes?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are aware the Xbox One also plays games offline yes?
New to me. I got turned off after the unveiling of it. I suppose they have changed that ? What about the whole game sharing thing? Is that dealt with too?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

New to me. I got turned off after the unveiling of it. I suppose they have changed that ? What about the whole game sharing thing? Is that dealt with too?
Yep. They changed both. I still don't understand the uproar. Who doesn't have internet nowadays? The used game thing was a big deal. Glad they fixed that
Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep. They changed both. I still don't understand the uproar. Who doesn't have internet nowadays? The used game thing was a big deal. Glad they fixed that
Maybe you didn't read what I said, but think about all the xboxs not sitting in someone's dorm room or their mothers basement. What about the xboxs and ps3's in your countries ships, submarines, FOB on foreign soil where Internet access is restricted and sometimes unavailable. It might not matter to everyone, but it definitely seemed stupid to have it not work unless it's online. Even a computer can load games without being connected to the internet.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Maybe you didn't read what I said, but think about all the xboxs not sitting in someone's dorm room or their mothers basement. What about the xboxs and ps3's in your countries ships, submarines, FOB on foreign soil where Internet access is restricted and sometimes unavailable. It might not matter to everyone, but it definitely seemed stupid to have it not work unless it's online. Even a computer can load games without being connected to the internet.
I read what you said, I just don't see why its a valid point in the next gen if consoles. Let's assume there are 10 million 360s activated in the US. How many of those are in places with limited access to the internet? In the grand scheme of things how many are on submarines? The fact is that the vast majority of population centers where consumers live have easy access to internet. I don't see the point to catering to the minority when the majority is so great
Old 10-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I read what you said, I just don't see why its a valid point in the next gen if consoles. Let's assume there are 10 million 360s activated in the US. How many of those are in places with limited access to the internet? In the grand scheme of things how many are on submarines? The fact is that the vast majority of population centers where consumers live have easy access to internet. I don't see the point to catering to the minority when the majority is so great
If you cater to everyone , you don't have to stand on a majority or minority front. When was the last time you got real bummed out when you thought about how ****ty it is that your xbox would probably work if it wasn't connected to the internet? Feel silly yet? If having it work regardless of internet connectivity doesn't impede or ruin the experience of the console, then why make it unusable while unconnected? If Xbox doesn't want to throw their ball in that , admittedly narrow, portion of the market, then they can just sony pick up the sales. You can't please everyone with one product, but don't create something great and add problems that it didn't inherently have. Either way, I'm psyched for next gen consoles. Probably not as much as a lot of other gamers, but I like buying new **** and I love playing sand box world type games and they will only get better as time goes on.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
getting both
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have a launch day PS4 pre-order. For me it is all about the controller. I am a sony guy since PS1 so, I prefer the controller. It is what I am used to and this dog is too old to learn new tricks.

Now, if Microsoft comes out with illumiroom (google it), I would probably own both.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
After the e3 reviel of the Xbox. Microsoft had so mny negative reviews that they were forced the changed all that bull****. I'm glad to say it is changed and that I will be getting the new Xbox. Xbox live is worth the money.
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Last play station i had was ps1 lol.

Now im on Xbox. Playing gta right now online as a matter of fact
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
PS4! Only Sony and Nintendo for me(although Nintendo is not as good as before )...
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
PS4! Only Sony and Nintendo for me(although Nintendo is not as good as before )...
Lol the Wii U came out and the world!s response was a collaborative "Meh".
Old 10-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Ps4 because Sony definitely makes a better product than Microsoft I also have a Mac because pc's (Microsoft) are crap except maybe if you have some really expensive Alienware or something and a whole lot of people who have Xbox are on their second or third one RROD now maybe they've perfected the Xbox one but track record baby track record and the play station has better exclusives in my opinion uncharted 1-3 the last of us stuff like that and ps4 doesn't make you buy the crappy camera which no one will use anyways making the console $100 less
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Ps4 because Sony definitely makes a better product than Microsoft I also have a Mac because pc's (Microsoft) are crap except maybe if you have some really expensive Alienware or something and a whole lot of people who have Xbox are on their second or third one RROD now maybe they've perfected the Xbox one but track record baby track record and the play station has better exclusives in my opinion uncharted 1-3 the last of us stuff like that and ps4 doesn't make you buy the crappy camera which no one will use anyways making the console $100 less
It's funny how the exclusive games go. 3/4 yrs ago they were all on Xbox. Halo. Bioshock. Mass Effect... Then once all the multiplatform games started to be developed for the Xbox and ported over to the PS3 Sony started getting some great exclusives. It's a shame it took so long
Old 10-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Yes MS "changed" pre owned game play ability. The technology is still there to be used at the publishers discretion. So all they did was pass the buck per say. Also you will need internet to set the Xbox up. From a hardware stand point the PS4 will blow the xbox1 out the water. I'll be willing to bet Xbox1 has GPU issues at launch (overheating). They had problems with the GPU all they way up to the reveal. Rushed it due to PS4.
Pivman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Yes MS "changed" pre owned game play ability. The technology is still there to be used at the publishers discretion. So all they did was pass the buck per say. Also you will need internet to set the Xbox up. From a hardware stand point the PS4 will blow the xbox1 out the water. I'll be willing to bet Xbox1 has GPU issues at launch (overheating). They had problems with the GPU all they way up to the reveal. Rushed it due to PS4.
Pivman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It's funny you would say that. The graphics card in the ps4 is a while series higher (7870) from the Xbox (7770) meaning that performance will be higher but technically heat would be too. Xbox went this route to get better performance at peak power draw as well as lower heat, also that's why the case is bigger. It's no joke how hot AMD products can get. Chances are the ps4 won't draw enough power. It's not easy building a power supply strong enough for that sort of draw, and yet small enough to fit a console case.

To be honest build wise, the Xbox one is simpler but it's also got longevity in nines. Does no one else remember the ps3 launch that literally went up in flames?

My biggest thing is, steam box is coming soon. That allows you to upgrade and change your components as you want.

Which brings me to one last thing... These next gen systems are literally pc computers now, I wonder if gpu and ram swapping will be supported
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I would get a PS4 I have and Xbox 360 and PS3 but my PS3 broke and I miss it, waiting for the PS4 tho!
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar