Who plays the stock market - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Who plays the stock market

As it says. Who does the stocks. I was interested in getting into it and was wondering how to go about it.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Legal gambling.
Buy low sell high!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I figured that much. Didn't know it was that easy tho. Lmao.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Im sure it's not lol Ive never personally done it so I cant tell ya!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I do but my picks right now are pretty good so I haven't sold any.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I do but my picks right now are pretty good so I haven't sold any.
how'd you get into it?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Personally I would recommend learning with fake money first. "buy" stock and follow what it does and why.

Otherwise just start small and learn. For the most part you will never make money day trading, you need to invest in stock with the intention of holding it the next 15-20 years
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Personally I would recommend learning with fake money first. "buy" stock and follow what it does and why. Otherwise just start small and learn. For the most part you will never make money day trading, you need to invest in stock with the intention of holding it the next 15-20 years
Yeah. I'm 23 and wanted to throw some money in the stocks to see what will happen down the road. I want to try to jump on a new company with hopes of it branching out and becoming the next big thing.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Yeah. I'm 23 and wanted to throw some money in the stocks to see what will happen down the road. I want to try to jump on a new company with hopes of it branching out and becoming the next big thing.
Yikes! Very risky. Make sure you do your homework, and a lot of it. Knowing the industry, the company and it's mission/vision, products and their life cycles in the said industry, the competitors, and the financial trends are just scraping the surface of some of the digging that you will need to do. The market isn't for the faint of heart. You sometimes have to wait out the storms which can be quite scary. Diversifying is key. Good luck.
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'm 16 and had a personal finance class where we learned about this. So by no means am I an expert but anyways maybe look into mutual funds? They're like a collection of stocks picked up by a broker or something. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it's a less risky move than just buying plain stocks.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I just have money invested in mutual funds which are more stable than stocks... Since February my money has gone from 2800 to 3100 without touching it at all.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
I'm 16 and had a personal finance class where we learned about this. So by no means am I an expert but anyways maybe look into mutual funds? They're like a collection of stocks picked up by a broker or something. I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it's a less risky move than just buying plain stocks.
It's more like bonds, but you have the right idea. That's where I have my money.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I never expected to see this topic on here.

The market is all I do right now.
All of the above advice is good. There is a lot to it though. More than I realized when I started.
I think that mutual funds are a good way to get your feet wet. Try to educate yourself on the basics and be prepared to invest for the long haul. This is NOT a get rich quick scheme. Patience is definitely a virtue when investing in the stock market.
Also, recognize that the markets are at all time highs right now. If history is an indicator, there will be a decent sized "correction "in the near future which should present a good buying opportunity.
Just remember, the turtle, generally, does better than the hare when it comes to investing in the market...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'm reading up on it. I've done up a few summaries of some of the more interesting text-book style books out there. I'd be happy to share them with you if you wish.

Here is one of the summaries I've done. The guy is widely known as a (or was) professional trade specializing in options etc. I have bad memory so I tend to re-write books as I read achieving a summarization rate of around %10 which is pretty cool.

Read it up, let me know if you find it interesting. I can share others. Wall Street Money Machine by Wade B Cook.docx
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
how'd you get into it?
I just researched stocks, I wanted to buy then bought them. I just use e-trade, but I only a trade a couple times a year, so it works out.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:16 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Kramer, the loud mouth on CNBC is a good show to watch if you wanna learn how to invest.
It's a very stressful hobby, best to leave it to a professional. If a co files bankruptcy like GM, you can loose everything. They can void your stock, then sell new stocks. Every time an economist gets on tv, your stock will drop tempting you to sell. As already mentioned, you have to have a lot of patience.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Well there's been a bit of a pullback these past couple of days. About a 3% correction so far. Some of you guys might want to keep an eye on things and possibly hunt a bargain or two...
Old 01-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I actually am thinking of launching my own investment firm soon. I have followed stocks for sometime and have done many simulations and have own and lost. That being said, my wins are much bigger than my losses. I currently manage quite a bit of money for myself in the market and have done well. I moved a good sum into Tesla the other day (TSLA).

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Won* not own lol

2007 V6 Mustang (manual), Hurst/FR short throw, MAC dual exhaust, custom H-pipe, chin spoiler, GT front bumper, billet aluminum grill, GT500 rear bumper, GT500 wing, FR windshield banner, FR strut tower brace, LED interior lights, sequential taillights, FR side markers, slotted and drilled brakes, 93 Cobra teal painted (and cleared) stripes, etc.
Aventador97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador97 View Post
I actually am thinking of launching my own investment firm soon. I have followed stocks for sometime and have done many simulations and have own and lost. That being said, my wins are much bigger than my losses. I currently manage quite a bit of money for myself in the market and have done well. I moved a good sum into Tesla the other day (TSLA).

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Won* not own lol
Well Tesla looks like it may have worked out good for you if you only bought for short term.
I bought Ford. I'm hoping that their big European expansion plans work well for them in the 2015 model year...

February isn't starting out too good, following a dismal January. I think that we may be seeing the correction that has been long overdue.
This will be healthy for the market.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar