When you're sitting in your V6.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
When you're sitting in your V6..

When you're sitting in your V6 and a V8 drives by and you're like(picture). Lol. Im sure this has been asked a million times but years and prices change. Right now im paying $834 every 6 month for(not sure but better be) full coverage insurance. It was $600 but because i failed high school(f**k you ap world history!) they've raised it to 800. I have State Farm if it helps. So i was wondering what do yall think they would raise it to for a 18 year old, no accidents, no tickets, if i got the new 2015 v8(maybe cobra?) next year? I was thinking about calling and asking but it hasnt come out yet. Do yall think it would be around the same for the 2014?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1381359193195.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	132005  
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
That's the V8's (picture) when they're pumping gas and my sixxer has 3/4 of a tank left
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
That's the V8's (picture) when they're pumping gas and my sixxer has 3/4 of a tank left
Lol most people can afford their gt's. If you bought your v6 for gas economy, you bought the wrong car in the first place. Lol Absolutely ridiculous argument.

Now OP. It might be a hell of a lot more than you're paying now. You are a relatively inexperienced driver and you are currently paying a decent premium on a 2002 v6 (if your profile is accurate). You would definitely be paying a lot more for a new sports vehicle. Part of the price is based on the value of insured vehicle . You're talking about a car that will be worth at least 10x more than yours. I also assume blue book value for 2002 v6 to be somewhere around 2800-5500 depending on condition. Anyways, it'll be a lot more for sure. The best thing to do is base it off this years shelby and gt. Then at least you'll have a ball park idea. The price will most likely be similar.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post

Lol most people can afford their gt's. If you bought your v6 for gas economy, you bought the wrong car in the first place. Lol Absolutely ridiculous argument.

Now OP. It might be a hell of a lot more than you're paying now. You are a relatively inexperienced driver and you are currently paying a decent premium on a 2002 v6 (if your profile is accurate). You would definitely be paying a lot more for a new sports vehicle. Part of the price is based on the value of insured vehicle . You're talking about a car that will be worth at least 10x more than yours. I also assume blue book value for 2002 v6 to be somewhere around 2800-5500 depending on condition. Anyways, it'll be a lot more for sure. The best thing to do is base it off this years shelby and gt. Then at least you'll have a ball park idea. The price will most likely be similar.
I wasn't trying to start an argument. I did not get this car for the mpg but the V8 vs V6 is getting old but oh well I don't want to change the subject on this thread so let's just leave it at that
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
We were quoted $250 per month for full coverage on my 01 Bullitt. I'm 18... Needless to say i have bone basic coverage.... And i was a good student in High school and have a clean history. And took a defensive driving course..... Insurance companies are out to get me.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
We were quoted $250 per month for full coverage on my 01 Bullitt. I'm 18... Needless to say i have bone basic coverage.... And i was a good student in High school and have a clean history. And took a defensive driving course..... Insurance companies are out to get me.
Insurance companies in the USA base part of your risk assessment on your academic success level?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Thats another problem i have to take in consideration, "full coverage". Its hard when youve never been in an accident to think 'yes i need insurance' honestly i wouldn't have it if it wasnt the law. But its better to be safe then sorry i guess. I know what you mean man straight a's, drivers ed, state farm safe driver discount. Well my insurance is due at the end of the month so i think ill go in and talk about it.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote:

Insurance companies in the USA base part of your risk assessment on your academic success level?
I think some do. Mine told me to keep everything above an D if i wanted a discount...
Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Most give a "Good student Discount"... Discount my ***, $250 a month for full coverage is still steep when i have a clean record and good grades.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Gas is 40 dollars a week for me

Anyways it should probably be more on a new Mustang... mine is the same as yours. About 800ish every 6 months and I'm 22 with a 13' GT with 0 tickets..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I pay $123 / month for full coverage in my 2002 GT. I'm 22 with no tickets or accidents.

If you bought a brand new car you would be forced to carry full coverage. Full coverage insurance plus a car note for a brand new (expensive) car would be... Well, expensive. Very expensive.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I'll give you guys one piece of advice. If you have bare bones insurance you are asking to be screwed. Most new vehicles these days are valued more than the minimum requirements. You are personally responsible for the difference.

I'll give you one thing op, at least you are looking at the rates.

My honest opinion is keep what you have a few more years, better than wasting money on insurance

Btw, wait till you're married and over 25. I pay less than you guys for all four cars at the house and the two in storage, full coverage with higher limits. Life just isn't fair when you're young.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I'll give you guys one piece of advice. If you have bare bones insurance you are asking to be screwed. Most new vehicles these days are valued more than the minimum requirements. You are personally responsible for the difference.

I'll give you one thing op, at least you are looking at the rates.

My honest opinion is keep what you have a few more years, better than wasting money on insurance

Btw, wait till you're married and over 25. I pay less than you guys for all four cars at the house and the two in storage, full coverage with higher limits. Life just isn't fair when you're young.
Hmm a wife you say? Where can i buy one of these? Haha jk. But that is some ****. Its okay to get off topic here, thats why i put it in the bar! You seem knowledgeable so can you tell me how to get a credit card? I've applied everywhere online but they keep saying "insufficient credit history"..like no ****? Yall wont give me a credit card... also im pretty sure you need one to purchase a house and a car.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post

Gas is 40 dollars a week for me

Anyways it should probably be more on a new Mustang... mine is the same as yours. About 800ish every 6 months and I'm 22 with a 13' GT with 0 tickets..
Good god. Mine is usually $40 every 2 weeks. I hope you travel a lot...
Old 10-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Good god. Mine is usually $40 every 2 weeks. I hope you travel a lot...
Not really That's why my gas is so cheap. I've only put 4600 miles on it in 6-7 months..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not really That's why my gas is so cheap. I've only put 4600 miles on it in 6-7 months..
I pay way more of both gas and insurance . Canada :/
Old 10-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I pay $89.95/month for full coverage on my 2014 Mustang, 99 Z28 (with several thousand dollars in mods that are insured), Talon TSi (again mods are insured) and WR250R bike (max rider benefits for me and my passenger).

I pay once every 6 months for an additional discount, and also have a $1000 deductible.

When I was in college, my insurance rates were almost $200 a month for a Dodge Avenger...
Old 10-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I pay $89.95/month for full coverage on my 2014 Mustang, 99 Z28 (with several thousand dollars in mods that are insured), Talon TSi (again mods are insured) and WR250R bike (max rider benefits for me and my passenger).

I pay once every 6 months for an additional discount, and also have a $1000 deductible.

When I was in college, my insurance rates were almost $200 a month for a Dodge Avenger...
They be thinking all us college aged kids act the same :\
Old 10-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida

Hmm a wife you say? Where can i buy one of these? Haha jk. But that is some ****. Its okay to get off topic here, thats why i put it in the bar! You seem knowledgeable so can you tell me how to get a credit card? I've applied everywhere online but they keep saying "insufficient credit history"..like no ****? Yall wont give me a credit card... also im pretty sure you need one to purchase a house and a car.
Ah...credit...

We'll start at the beginning.

No credit is worse than bad credit.

The best way to establish a credit history is to get bills in your name and pay them on time.

The best way to get a credit card is to speak with your bank and get a secured credit card. You will need to put a pre-determined amount of money into a holding account with the bank. This will be your "credit limit".

Use the card to buy something simple.each month (gas, groceries) and pay the balance in full each month. Once you make enough on-time payments your security money will be released and it will be a regular credit card.

With that said credit is a very easy way to screw your life up for a very long time. Be responsible and don't spend money you don't have.
Our's:
Old 10-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah...credit...

We'll start at the beginning.

No credit is worse than bad credit.

The best way to establish a credit history is to get bills in your name and pay them on time.

The best way to get a credit card is to speak with your bank and get a secured credit card. You will need to put a pre-determined amount of money into a holding account with the bank. This will be your "credit limit".

Use the card to buy something simple.each month (gas, groceries) and pay the balance in full each month. Once you make enough on-time payments your security money will be released and it will be a regular credit card.

With that said credit is a very easy way to screw your life up for a very long time. Be responsible and don't spend money you don't have.
Oh so its like a debit card?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Oh so its like a debit card?
Sort of. You still receive a monthly statement to pay, the money is simply on hold in case you decide not to pay.

You need.to set a budget for yourself and stick to it. You will never make it otherwise.
Our's:
Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sort of. You still receive a monthly statement to pay, the money is simply on hold in case you decide not to pay.

You need.to set a budget for yourself and stick to it. You will never make it otherwise.
Well before i failed highschool i was gonna double major in Finance and Accounting. So my budget is pretty much planned out. Living with my parents,(im lucky) i pay no bills. No rent, no phone bill, of course i pay insurance but i have six months to save up for that. Making 1600 a month and trying to only spend 10% of the credit limit on my credit card i should be fine.(read that most people with a perfect score only spend around 10% of their credit limit.) The only problem is getting approved for one. I guess ill hit up my bank tomorrow. Thank you for the help.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Well before i failed highschool i was gonna double major in Finance and Accounting. So my budget is pretty much planned out. Living with my parents,(im lucky) i pay no bills. No rent, no phone bill, of course i pay insurance but i have six months to save up for that. Making 1600 a month and trying to only spend 10% of the credit limit on my credit card i should be fine.(read that most people with a perfect score only spend around 10% of their credit limit.) The only problem is getting approved for one. I guess ill hit up my bank tomorrow. Thank you for the help.
Not a problem man. How much you spend is not as important as paying on time. I've never gone out of my way to build credit. Several years of bills, one cc and two early paid car loans and they never blinked an eye when I bought the house. The other advantage to good credit is everything is cheaper when you do need to finance.
Our's:
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Wow your lucky I usually spend like 60 bucks a week on gas hahahaha... I guess that's what you get when your mpg is 16.9...

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:53 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMoney View Post
Wow your lucky I usually spend like 60 bucks a week on gas hahahaha... I guess that's what you get when your mpg is 16.9...
Tell me about it
I spend just about the same as you if not more depending how many times i have to go back and forth from work
I spend like $300 just on gas a month
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
my GT and v6 had the same insurance... both sport cars according to farm bureau. I went back to my sixxer though happily...280 or so mpt ...vs my current 300-320 mpt. I drive a lot of interstate so I love it. I think it just depends on the persons needs. maybe I'll buy another gt as a weekend car lol. however the v6 stays

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:40 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I'm not minding being 20 and paying 60 a month for a cobra full coverage
94CobraUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar