Was fun while it lasted - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Was fun while it lasted

Beginning of the year I will be trading the stang in for a bmw 335i. I test drove one yesterday and wow. Might be listing all my parts on here or eBay for sale soon I'll let you guys know.
Kcstunna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Unquestionable difference?
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I don't envy the repair bills lol. I use to work on them. as long as it runs though it is a decent model.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yea ive heard maintenance is costly especially having to get parts through the dealership
UGAKIDD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAKIDD7 View Post
Yea ive heard maintenance is costly especially having to get parts through the dealership
yeah but I will have a warranty
Old 10-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
Unquestionable difference?
I was shocked honestly I know it's comparing apples to oranges but the amount of money it's gonna take to get the mustang up there I just don't think it's worth it. I already put over 6 thousand in her already
Old 10-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Good luck. Stock they're meh... Intake, turbo back and tune it's a fun car. Just ditch it before the warranty runs out.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82 View Post
I was shocked honestly I know it's comparing apples to oranges but the amount of money it's gonna take to get the mustang up there I just don't think it's worth it. I already put over 6 thousand in her already
Twin turbo right? What are you paying for it?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Twin turbo right? What are you paying for it?
Yup twin screw the one I was looking at was 2011 sport package with navigation for 29000
Old 10-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup twin screw the one I was looking at was 2011 sport package with navigation for 29000
Wow that's awesome. What do you like most about it? Handling? I'm not too sure about comparing our cars to bmws and all so I wouldn't know how the two (5.0) compares.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow that's awesome. What do you like most about it? Handling? I'm not too sure about comparing our cars to bmws and all so I wouldn't know how the two (5.0) compares.
Yeah like I said you can't really compare cause totally different category. But the way it took off I really made my mustang look really slow. Handling was superb it hugged corners like nothing. I was impressed cause this is a inline 6 with a low psi on the turbo so I could only imagine what will happen when I get a better tune
Old 10-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah like I said you can't really compare cause totally different category. But the way it took off I really made my mustang look really slow. Handling was superb it hugged corners like nothing. I was impressed cause this is a inline 6 with a low psi on the turbo so I could only imagine what will happen when I get a better tune
Hahaha. Alright then. I mean, mustangs are ENTRY-level cars anyways when you look at it big-picture.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahaha. Alright then. I mean, mustangs are ENTRY-level cars anyways when you look at it big-picture.
yeah you right I'm gonna miss her though when she's gone
Old 10-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah you right I'm gonna miss her though when she's gone
Well, I know I will ALWAYS have a mustang in my life.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcstunna82
You just thought ford was picky with warranty work...even the oil change in a bmw is over $100. Try $20k when the engine gives out. Local m3 driver just found that out for a dropped valve...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
You just thought ford was picky with warranty work...even the oil change in a bmw is over $100. Try $20k when the engine gives out. Local m3 driver just found that out for a dropped valve...
250 for oil change
Close to 700 for rear rotors and pads...
Yea they charge a lot....
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Just don't spontaneously become a crappy drive like all the other BMW drivers? Please?

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Also, I own an Audi A4. The oil change is a b!tch because they require a "special" oil that costs well over 100 bucks a change. I'm sure BMW is the same, being a high end German car manufacture. Regardless congrats on join the German crew
Chuckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Just don't spontaneously become a crappy drive like all the other BMW drivers? Please? ---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ---------- Also, I own an Audi A4. The oil change is a b!tch because they require a "special" oil that costs well over 100 bucks a change. I'm sure BMW is the same, being a high end German car manufacture. Regardless congrats on join the German crew
Did they tell you "special oil"
Because fully synthetic 5w-30 is what they used in my dad's car
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Well yeah you are correct but to work on the m3 is a little bit more pricey than the other series. Also I know better that's why I getting a newer model with a 100000 mile warranty on it so I'll be fine for awhile. All maintenance including oil changes are included as well

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Just don't spontaneously become a crappy drive like all the other BMW drivers? Please? ---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ---------- Also, I own an Audi A4. The oil change is a b!tch because they require a "special" oil that costs well over 100 bucks a change. I'm sure BMW is the same, being a high end German car manufacture. Regardless congrats on join the German crew
No worries I always drive like I have sense but if I need to get into it I will
Old 10-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Don't even think about Modding your BMW

They will void your warrant for any changes you want to do including the exhaust. A tuner ????? Forget it. These are truly great cars and really do not need anything at all done to them except drive them.

The problem for me is that they are just another car. A Mustang is a Mustang and a very good car to have if you like to do cruises and car shows and just plain enjoy cars along with "CAR PEOPLE"

I like BMW's, Audi's, Corvette's, along with a whole bunch of Jap cars but I will not give my Mustang up for any one of them.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Beginning of the year I will be trading the stang in for a bmw 335i. I test drove one yesterday and wow. Might be listing all my parts on here or eBay for sale soon I'll let you guys know.
They ride awesome and bet they are fast, but hope you have deep pockets ..

I know struts for that thing cost over 1000 for just replacements, and motor mounts are like 500+

I work at a used car dealer , all I can say is good luck
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
They ride awesome and bet they are fast, but hope you have deep pockets .. I know struts for that thing cost over 1000 for just replacements, and motor mounts are like 500+ I work at a used car dealer , all I can say is good luck
Believe me I know but one again im buying mines from a bmw dealer with an awesome warranty so repairs won't be an issue for me

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
They will void your warrant for any changes you want to do including the exhaust. A tuner ????? Forget it. These are truly great cars and really do not need anything at all done to them except drive them. The problem for me is that they are just another car. A Mustang is a Mustang and a very good car to have if you like to do cruises and car shows and just plain enjoy cars along with "CAR PEOPLE" I like BMW's, Audi's, Corvette's, along with a whole bunch of Jap cars but I will not give my Mustang up for any one of them. Ronnie
Yeah I'm not changing anything because you don't need to I will have them give me an more aggressive tune but that's it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar