Vaping, Who does it? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Attachment 145903
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post
So anyone who smoked or chewed tobacco move to vaping? I've been vaping for almost 3 months and have been chew free and love it.
I started vaping 1 week ago today. Ive had a few relapes with cigarettes but nothing major, right now im on the 24mg but I think I need stronger but cannot find it here in Naples...I was told 24mg is strongest they have...
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post
I started vaping 1 week ago today. Ive had a few relapes with cigarettes but nothing major, right now im on the 24mg but I think I need stronger but cannot find it here in Naples...I was told 24mg is strongest they have...

24 is a lot it makes most people sick to there stomachs after a quick vape session. I don't understand how 24 isn't enough . The vape setup I have pushes out so much vape that even when I'm in the lowest level nic it's still almost too much . If you enjoy vaping might want to upgrade to a rebuildable unit it might help the missing factor for you
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra mark View Post
24 is a lot it makes most people sick to there stomachs after a quick vape session. I don't understand how 24 isn't enough . The vape setup I have pushes out so much vape that even when I'm in the lowest level nic it's still almost too much . If you enjoy vaping might want to upgrade to a rebuildable unit it might help the missing factor for you
I have a rebuildable unit however its small, its about the size of a ballpoint pen and has a small container for the nicotine liquid. The 24mg doesnt bother me at all but it does help with my cravings and I think its mostly mind over matter at this point...
Vintage Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I can build you something to make you think 6mg is to much lol.
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Speaking of vaping.... Me and two buddies are starting up an e liquid business! I'm looking for help from people who vape daily. If anyone has new/ different flavor suggestions please pm them to me! Maybe I'll send out some samples, I also plan on offering a forum discount for anyone that orders.
TaylorF25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorF25 View Post
Speaking of vaping.... Me and two buddies are starting up an e liquid business! I'm looking for help from people who vape daily. If anyone has new/ different flavor suggestions please pm them to me! Maybe I'll send out some samples, I also plan on offering a forum discount for anyone that orders.

Pm sent!
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

Old 01-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I use a Tesla mod made of brushed aluminum that has vw/vv and runs on 18350s, and sitting in the top is a Kanger Protank 3 that holds a 2.5 ml, is made of pyrex and stainless steel that uses dual coils and has a removable drip tip. The dual coil setup is nice, I like to vape most flavors at about 4.4-4.6 volts on 2 ohm coils
Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:02 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra mark View Post

Yeah 24mg is more than enough for most folks. Some of my favorite flavors, however, are only available in 36mg
Shuvool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I typically can hit on 24mg all day long.
36 makes my throat hurt, which is what I first used.
But some flavored have more throat hit than others. So that makes a difference in my flavor/mg choice
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

If you would like a tester let me know I only use 0mg but I have a lot of friends who vape and don't mind posting on Instagram or Facebook about it. I do it for fun but on a daily basis.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
If you would like a tester let me know I only use 0mg but I have a lot of friends who vape and don't mind posting on Instagram or Facebook about it. I do it for fun but on a daily basis.
We're currently mixing flavors to get every one of them perfect. The 0mg option is actually pretty popular, we're offering that as an option for sure. I'll shoot you a pm when we have them perfect and see if we can work out a deal! We appreciate any support that we can get!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:46 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We're currently mixing flavors to get every one of them perfect. The 0mg option is actually pretty popular, we're offering that as an option for sure. I'll shoot you a pm when we have them perfect and see if we can work out a deal! We appreciate any support that we can get!

Sounds good man! I'll be here!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:52 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

I tried to pm you back but your messages are full sir
Old 01-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I tried to pm you back but your messages are full sir

Fixed! I got it and replied
Old 01-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

We will have our full list of premium liquids by next Tuesday! This will be our first line of premium e liquids!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Let me know what you got! Fire ice will be a top seller I can assure you! Lol
Redsvtcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We will have our full list of premium liquids by next Tuesday! This will be our first line of premium e liquids!

Stoked!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Awesome! I will want to sample some!

Old 05-23-2016, 11:02 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Bringing back a dead thread!

I started a month ago. Have been doing it consistently and learning a lot along the way. Has completely replaced cigarettes for me.

My setup:
Kangertech KBOX 200 - Mod
Kangertech Topbox Mini - Tank
Kangertech 1.2 Ohm SSOCC - Coils
LG 3000 mAh Lipo - Battery (x2)
Old 05-23-2016, 12:17 PM   #126
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I love vaping but it's even more expensive than smoking.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:29 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
Really? That's the first time I've heard that. What's costing you so much?

So far it's been pretty reasonable for me. I live near a good vape shop that regularly has sales. So I stock up on liquid and coils during a sale. I don't count the cost of my mods, batteries, and tanks since that's kind of a getting started sunk cost.

5 coils lasts me a month - $20 (regular price)
150ml liquid lasts me a month - $75 (regular price)
Total - $95/month

1/2 pack of cigarettes per day - $4
Total - $120/month
Old 05-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #128
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugeismo View Post
Really? That's the first time I've heard that. What's costing you so much?

So far it's been pretty reasonable for me. I live near a good vape shop that regularly has sales. So I stock up on liquid and coils during a sale. I don't count the cost of my mods, batteries, and tanks since that's kind of a getting started sunk cost.

5 coils lasts me a month - $20 (regular price)
150ml liquid lasts me a month - $75 (regular price)
Total - $95/month

1/2 pack of cigarettes per day - $4
Total - $120/month
Idk, I kept having issues first with the tank I had, then switched to something better, from there being that I would vape like a crackhead, I would go through a ton of atomizers and then there was the issue of dropping my setup down off of a stand under a b1 and destroyed the battery. Got a new battery, and back to atomizer destruction lol. I would go through a small container of juice every 4 days or so. Smoking, I just don't do it as much at most every 3 days but usually more, I would get a pack. I guess the offsetting factor for me was the usage.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:21 AM   #129
Admin

Supporter
Admin

What does this cost, compared to cigarettes?

I had a buddy who smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day. He complained that he wanted a new Harley, but could not afford it. When I pointed out that he was smoking his new Harley away (did the simple math of how much 3 packs a day, times a week, times a month was), he shrugged, and changed the subject.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The upfront cost is what steers people away. I bought an Atlantis Cleito Tank, which comes with 2 coils (should last you about 2 weeks with 2 coils) a Sigelei box mod with battery, And for that was 70 bucks. If you order your juices online, it's much cheaper than buying at a shop. I recently bought 200 ML of juice, and it cost me $30. Plus every $15 you spend, you get a free 10ml bottle. After $30 shipping is free. At least the site i order from.

However, once you get rid of the upfront costs, it'll usually probably cost you 40 bucks a month, including a 5 pack of coils, and your juices. I quit smoking 3 years ago, and i use my vape to ward off the urges to puff on the cancer sticks. It's probably not as safe as people think, but it's a hell of alot better for you than cigarettes imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
What does this cost, compared to cigarettes?

I had a buddy who smoked 3 packs of cigarettes a day. He complained that he wanted a new Harley, but could not afford it. When I pointed out that he was smoking his new Harley away (did the simple math of how much 3 packs a day, times a week, times a month was), he shrugged, and changed the subject.
Depends entirely on the person. If you do research and buy online, you can save a lot. If you buy locally, expect to pay a bit more.

Your logic is sound, that's why he walked away. No one likes hearing the truth. Once I started paying attention to the fact I was paying $8/pack to give myself cancer, I just had an F-IT! moment. I was spending $120/month on cigarettes give or take. Now I'm down to around $75/month. I could get it lower if I didn't buy local so often.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #132
Registered Member

Regular

I may have to get my vape down here with me next time I fly home.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:05 PM   #133
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
You can kick the habit with a cheaper setup. I used an Innokin pen style 1.5ohm for a few months while I lowered nicotine dosage. Cost about $40 at a local shop but they are around $25 online. Draw is very similar to a cig. Went from 18mg to 6mg per day and then upgraded my setup to a Kangertech Kbox mini with a subtank mini and .5ohm coil. Now it's more for the flavor (blueberry cheesecake and key lime pie are my favorites with some dragonfruit and banana mixed in once in a while). Best thing is, I can vape inside at work! (Not smelling like an ash tray is a bonus)

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:37 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
You can kick the habit with a cheaper setup. I used an Innokin pen style 1.5ohm for a few months while I lowered nicotine dosage. Cost about $40 at a local shop but they are around $25 online. Draw is very similar to a cig. Went from 18mg to 6mg per day and then upgraded my setup to a Kangertech Kbox mini with a subtank mini and .5ohm coil. Now it's more for the flavor (blueberry cheesecake and key lime pie are my favorites with some dragonfruit and banana mixed in once in a while). Best thing is, I can vape inside at work! (Not smelling like an ash tray is a bonus)
Sounds like my exact process/setup. Try the Toptank if you get a chance. Makes refills far easier and in general eliminates mess.

Once I got my sense of smell back, I was horrified by how cigarettes smell.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:04 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
After 5 bucks a day for smokes, 20 bucks a month saves me a bunch of money....

"Insert clever phase here"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1464833040323.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	201868  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar