Weight lifters - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post

Maybe he could add Abs to Friday also? If he doesn't do them everyday.
Yes

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Should do cardio everyday. That works your core still, but id do a little more core work on your back day.
Depends on goals for diff people. If your bulking you do not do any cardio
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
I don't know how look a certain way, I only know how to lift heavy objects.

I would advise doing secondary muscles the same day as the correlating primary muscles. Your abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym- you will build them by use of your core but visual is the kitchen. Time spent doing abs would be better spent with deads or squats.

As someone mentioned, genetics will play a role, but it's more on form of build than anything else.

Cardio is important to keep decent cardiovascular strength, and you can still bulk while keeping cardio. I would not advise cutting it even if bulking.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I don't know how look a certain way, I only know how to lift heavy objects.

I would advise doing secondary muscles the same day as the correlating primary muscles. Your abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym- you will build them by use of your core but visual is the kitchen. Time spent doing abs would be better spent with deads or squats.

As someone mentioned, genetics will play a role, but it's more on form of build than anything else.

Cardio is important to keep decent cardiovascular strength, and you can still bulk while keeping cardio. I would not advise cutting it even if bulking.
Everytime I am bulking I cut out cardio. Every wenter. Im 5'9 207 lbs. I will probally put on 20 lbs this winter. Should hit 225-230 by march. Then you strict diet
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustang17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 341
Yeah.. If you're trying to bulk cut out cardio it all depends on your goals if you wanna cut then do cardio and alot of core rather than bulking and just eating like a animal. Thats another thing if you don't eat right you won't see any gains. The foods you eat reflect your workout greatly. As far as supps go if you really want to take creatine a simple creatine monohydrate will do especially for someone your size. If you want something more out of it id recommend SizeOn. The brand is that makes it is gaspari nutrition. Basically what most people said also take protein i recommend gold standard whey thats all i've ever used and some amino acids and if you want multi vit's too. I read through briefly so if i repeated anything sorry but i saw you spend typically 90 minutes in the gym that really isn't all that long or short depending on which body parts you work out on. If your goal is to get your arms bigger obviously focus more on that in the gym if you want a bigger chest like me i leave chest for its own day and i focus on that its all about your goals bro. You gotta make sure you allow enough time to recover too but aminos will help out with recovery.
__________________

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
I would suggest Gold Standard as a snack, not as a post workout. It's just a basic whey, and your digestion time to complete is about two hours.

AA or a more broken down protein for immediately after.

You are kind of mentioning a little of what you want, but it sounds more like appearance- I hear weightlifting and think real powerlifting or strong man- if you just want to look good, then do creatine but keep cardio. You will bulk up more by not doing cardio, but you will gain a lot of fat if you are really slamming calories. The body can only digest so much protein at one time, the rest gets stored as fat (usually). Yes, it can be made into energy, but your body first uses the calories it has available, it takes more work to burn the fat off.

I have always found it easier to gain while staying fit (cardio) rather than gaining weight (and fat) and then later trying to build up my cardio again, and having to lose it- but what you want to do is up to you. I used to work very hard to get my numbers up and push myself, and gain. I never used equipment to go past my limit, and when I would go past 560 on deads and 465 on squats I would start to hurt myself- injury, build back up, injury, work back to my absolute maxes- so now I work on building endurance and weird things, like NOVICE freerunning, and whole body strength. I still do my lifts (I don't pull more than 5 anymore, and don't squat more than 4), but I do a much more diverse range of exercises.

I just really hope you don't become another person who lives in the gym to bench and curl. In college there were herds of them, people with calves smaller than my forearms, and spending two hours doing arms- with most of their calorie count coming from Natty and "the munchies." Body Building.com will be the best place to learn and develop, for routines, diet, and exercises.

The only thing we are going to be able to give you is what OUR opinion is on what we THINK you should do from your brief description. If you learn about all the options, and search for the ways to get your results, while learning as much as you can, you can develop your own routine.

Anything I tell you (or any other powerlifter) is going to be about ripping apart your best growth hormone producing muscles, and full range compound movements to maximize muscle strength and growth. If you're not careful, you can even become deformed. My chest isn't completely balanced, my lats aren't completely even, and my right bicep/left tricep is bigger than the other from my form. My thighs are as big as my chest, and I can't buy fruit of the loom boxers because they are too tight and rip or pull up/push down- while the waist is very loose. But if I have to choose between strong and pretty, I choose strong.

There are really countless ways to improve and develop, even with personal trainers, they have their own style and thoughts. The best YOU workout is going to be designed by YOU.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Salc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Garnet valley
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I would suggest Gold Standard as a snack, not as a post workout. It's just a basic whey, and your digestion time to complete is about two hours. AA or a more broken down protein for immediately after. You are kind of mentioning a little of what you want, but it sounds more like appearance- I hear weightlifting and think real powerlifting or strong man- if you just want to look good, then do creatine but keep cardio. You will bulk up more by not doing cardio, but you will gain a lot of fat if you are really slamming calories. The body can only digest so much protein at one time, the rest gets stored as fat (usually). Yes, it can be made into energy, but your body first uses the calories it has available, it takes more work to burn the fat off. I have always found it easier to gain while staying fit (cardio) rather than gaining weight (and fat) and then later trying to build up my cardio again, and having to lose it- but what you want to do is up to you. I used to work very hard to get my numbers up and push myself, and gain. I never used equipment to go past my limit, and when I would go past 560 on deads and 465 on squats I would start to hurt myself- injury, build back up, injury, work back to my absolute maxes- so now I work on building endurance and weird things, like NOVICE freerunning, and whole body strength. I still do my lifts (I don't pull more than 5 anymore, and don't squat more than 4), but I do a much more diverse range of exercises. I just really hope you don't become another person who lives in the gym to bench and curl. In college there were herds of them, people with calves smaller than my forearms, and spending two hours doing arms- with most of their calorie count coming from Natty and "the munchies." Body Building.com will be the best place to learn and develop, for routines, diet, and exercises. The only thing we are going to be able to give you is what OUR opinion is on what we THINK you should do from your brief description. If you learn about all the options, and search for the ways to get your results, while learning as much as you can, you can develop your own routine. Anything I tell you (or any other powerlifter) is going to be about ripping apart your best growth hormone producing muscles, and full range compound movements to maximize muscle strength and growth. If you're not careful, you can even become deformed. My chest isn't completely balanced, my lats aren't completely even, and my right bicep/left tricep is bigger than the other from my form. My thighs are as big as my chest, and I can't buy fruit of the loom boxers because they are too tight and rip or pull up/push down- while the waist is very loose. But if I have to choose between strong and pretty, I choose strong. There are really countless ways to improve and develop, even with personal trainers, they have their own style and thoughts. The best YOU workout is going to be designed by YOU.
I'm definatly not one of the guys that are in it for looks I'm all about keeping everythin balanced my squat used to be 350 and I could dead lift 450. My main goal is to just get my numbers up and be as strong as I can all I'm sayin is I want it show I don't want to be no model I just want it to show by my size does that make more sense
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
I'm definatly not one of the guys that are in it for looks I'm all about keeping everythin balanced my squat used to be 350 and I could dead lift 450. My main goal is to just get my numbers up and be as strong as I can all I'm sayin is I want it show I don't want to be no model I just want it to show by my size does that make more sense
Find out your maxes. Take one day to find your squat, bench, and deadlift maxes.

Then this next cycle, after your longer rest, warm up to 80% on your squat. So if you're maxing 300 right now, after you are nice and warm, knees are good, blood is flowing, start doing sets of two with 240. You should do 15 sets, and only take 30 seconds rest in between.

After, super sets on your stronger muscle. My stronger group is quads, so start with a heavy weight- go to failure. Drop 10 lbs, no rest, failure. Drop 10 lbs, no rest, failure. Do this until you reach 50% of what you started with. After you complete the set at 50%, drop to 25%, and continue until you fail. Pick it back up to 50%, have someone else pull the weight up, and just fight it. If you were able to get it up by yourself, you haven't been doing it right. Fight it for at least five negatives.

Repeat the process on leg curls (or vice versa). Also, do hip extensions and inductions. Don't go too hard on the ext/ind, by this point you will be pretty dehydrated (and cramping), and you don't need to push yourself on it. Just get a few sets in to stretch it out and use the muscles fully.

Day of rest, then bench day. Day of rest, and whatever you want other than back or deads. Take your two days off, and then repeat the process above for dead lifts. Warm it up, then 15 sets of 2 @ 80% w 30 seconds rest. When I do this, I just do back extensions after the workout. Do sets of 5 reps with 1-2 minute rests, working up as high as you can go. I usually end up maxing out the machine, you probably will, too, so when you get there, at the max, do two sets of 20. You can do more, but at that time, I call it a day.

Day or rest, bench, day of rest, cardio. Two days off, then squat day, then the same process with bench. When you're done with the process, get ready for dip time. After 3 or 4 minutes, four sets of dips to failure. Your shoulder better be lower than your elbow, or it's worthless. Move to dumbbells for sets of 12, flat bench. I would start light, and work your way up- 5 sets. It's okay to be easy at first, if you struggle towards the end- you want to be easy, this is for your stabilizer muscles. If you want, you can follow this with the chest fly machine, and then cable pull downs with sets of 24. Your elbows in, hands hanging down, your palms should be facing your knees- 8 reps. Your elbows in, palms reversed, 8 reps. Close grip, palm to palm, 8 reps holding each one at the bottom, fully extending. You should be on your knees for this, no cheating. I can usually only stand two sets.

After this three and a half week process, totally flip your workouts. If you always do flat bench, do decline and incline. If you do conventional, do sumo. Squats are squats, but if you do light weight high reps, jump heavy weight and limit your reps. As you move a few weeks in, start working your old stuff in that you want, and start shifting your exercises and workouts to what you want.

Remember, every time you do a deadlift and you don't LOCK your shoulders back, fully extending your hips, you are cheating yourself. Every time you squat, and your thighs don't break parallel by an inch, you are cheating yourself. If that bar doesn't sit on your chest, you are cheating yourself. Every moment you are in the gym, and you aren't craving to rip apart those plates and bars, you are cheating yourself.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Lock your shoulders back. I think I may accidentally be doing a bit of a shrug, but this will suffice.



This is the right depth of a squat.


Anything less is weakness, and someone choosing to not do what they can. Also, don't use the tampon on the bar. Shoulders back, make a bookshelf, and set the bar there. Chalk it up, if you need to.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
gqsmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 638
Just go big and get some tren! Then "test" the limits!
gqsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hamilton
Region: Canada
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I don't know how look a certain way, I only know how to lift heavy objects. I would advise doing secondary muscles the same day as the correlating primary muscles. Your abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym- you will build them by use of your core but visual is the kitchen. Time spent doing abs would be better spent with deads or squats. As someone mentioned, genetics will play a role, but it's more on form of build than anything else. Cardio is important to keep decent cardiovascular strength, and you can still bulk while keeping cardio. I would not advise cutting it even if bulking.
Disagree.... Your core is very important for a alignment of your entire body.... If you do not balance out your workouts with lower back exercises and core exercises you will be creating a problem .... Most definately down the years you will have back problems.... Take for instance the common rounded shoulders you see for males that have much more stronger chests than there backs.... This predisposes them to shoulder problems down the road .... Shoulder impingement etc.... Your body is designed so that your muscles ( the bodies pulleys) pull on the bones in certain ways.... By beefing up certain muscle groups and not the opposing ones you are basically cooking a disastrous meal ( kitchen reference)

Take home message.... Do as you do to one side of the body as you do to the other side. Balance is key
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
Disagree.... Your core is very important for a alignment of your entire body.... If you do not balance out your workouts with lower back exercises and core exercises you will be creating a problem .... Most definately down the years you will have back problems.... Take for instance the common rounded shoulders you see for males that have much more stronger chests than there backs.... This predisposes them to shoulder problems down the road .... Shoulder impingement etc.... Your body is designed so that your muscles ( the bodies pulleys) pull on the bones in certain ways.... By beefing up certain muscle groups and not the opposing ones you are basically cooking a disastrous meal ( kitchen reference)

Take home message.... Do as you do to one side of the body as you do to the other side. Balance is key
When you are deadlifting, the strongest, most used, and most worked muscle is the core. I haven't needed to do a single sit up to pull 500+.

When you are bending down, lowering your hips below your knees, your core is pretty important. Working especially on core isn't a negative, but it's not needed. The time and energy spent on it could be better used somewhere else if someone wants to be strong. And to see the definition, it's made in the kitchen.

If you focus on squat and deadlift with bench in the mix, as I have been almost annoyingly repeating, you won't have the issue, and won't need that extra time.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Salc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Garnet valley
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 144
Alright guys just an update I've been hittin the gym hard lately I don't take the breaks in between sets I've really been pushing myself and stayin away from the machines usin free weights and I'm really noticing a difference in my soreness the next day like not being able to walk after leg lol so now I'm gonna try some post workout to help with that I read some reviews on bodybuilding.com and a lot of people recommend muscletech cell-tech so I'm gonna try that out ill put up before and after pics over a two week period
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #48
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
You need to stretch more..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Salc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Garnet valley
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
You need to stretch more..
I always do before and after workouts and every morning
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #50
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salc7 View Post
I always do before and after workouts and every morning
Hmm.. Take brakes.. It's good to push yourself.. But major soreness is not a good thing.. Your doing more harm then good.. Because it's taking time for your muscles to heal..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Salc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Garnet valley
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Hmm.. Take brakes.. It's good to push yourself.. But major soreness is not a good thing.. Your doing more harm then good.. Because it's taking time for your muscles to heal..
I'll try that I did cut my time down in the gym to 30-45 minutes but ill still try to end with some cardio just to keep that up
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
You've worked out before so ill assume you've felt the soreness before. Thats usually a good thing unless it hurts so bad you cant lift the next day. I remember walking up stairs everyday at school after leg day like fūck, fūck, fūck..lol
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Salc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Garnet valley
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
You've worked out before so ill assume you've felt the soreness before. Thats usually a good thing unless it hurts so bad you cant lift the next day. I remember walking up stairs everyday at school after leg day like fūck, fūck, fūck..lol
Yea I had those days after lifting for football haha not fun at all
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Trying the plan or tweaking your workout?
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:16 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.