Cross country trip yay or nay - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
Cross country trip yay or nay

Wasup everyone, so I'm planning a trip for me and my girl and I really want to go to Cali never been and hear it's nice plus I wanna cruise the coastal hwy been a dream of mine for some time now. Basically I want to drive from Maryland to Los Angeles Google maps says 1day and 18 hours, but my girlfriend isn't down for the ride. Just want to know wat do you guys think about that drive it's 2,690 and off course I'll be renting a mustang vert
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I think your time line is a little ambitious. This time of year I would fly out, then rent a car.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
As long as it doesn't have 4.10 gears it'll be fun! lol

I traveled up the coast many times going to my bros college at Humboldt state univ
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I think your time line is a little ambitious. This time of year I would fly out, then rent a car.
oh I'm not going now just wanna start preparing for the summer money wise and driving would be more expensive than just flying after hotel and gas

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
As long as it doesn't have 4.10 gears it'll be fun! lol I traveled up the coast many times going to my bros college at Humboldt state univ
yea hopefully not lol.... I watched some videos on YouTube Cali seems like a cool place. I'm 25 and been stuck in md finally wana take some time off and travel
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I think the drive is possible.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
I drove from the shore right here in Jersey, to Venice beach, lived out there for roughly 6 months, and drove back home...on our way there we took our time stopping all over the place, drive in total took us 7 days, on the way home still took our time but not nearly as bad and made it home n 3-4 days...GREAT DRIVE man it was totally worth it, I was 18 years old, with my best friend, and we just had a BLAST for those 6-7 months.
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I believe the current record is 18 hours.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8pony View Post
I drove from the shore right here in Jersey, to Venice beach, lived out there for roughly 6 months, and drove back home...on our way there we took our time stopping all over the place, drive in total took us 7 days, on the way home still took our time but not nearly as bad and made it home n 3-4 days...GREAT DRIVE man it was totally worth it, I was 18 years old, with my best friend, and we just had a BLAST for those 6-7 months.
thats exactly wat I want to do stop at all the cool places snap pics go to Area 51 lol just enjoy the drive. Sounds like you guys had fun tho

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I believe the current record is 18 hours.
my girl is with me so I won't be making cannon ball and gumball 3000 times she hates when I go over 85 lol
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post
thats exactly wat I want to do stop at all the cool places snap pics go to Area 51 lol just enjoy the drive. Sounds like you guys had fun tho ---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ---------- my girl is with me so I won't be making cannon ball and gumball 3000 times she hates when I go over 85 lol
Yep did all that, Grand Canyon you gotttta stop at bro it's AMAZING
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8pony View Post
Yep did all that, Grand Canyon you gotttta stop at bro it's AMAZING
yea that's one of my places to hit on my list too, that's why I think it would be better to drive
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 501
The mountain roads through Colorado and Utah are awesome! I've taken it 3 times in two different mustangs. Got the best of 28 mpg in my superchearged 2010 gt with 3:73's. Utah is fun to drive through going south, 80 mph speed limit in the middle of no where = fun driving.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Screaming Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 857
My dad took that trip many times from pa/MD to Cali the fastest he said he did it was 43 hrs with stops for food some sleep and gas
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post
Wasup everyone, so I'm planning a trip for me and my girl and I really want to go to Cali never been and hear it's nice plus I wanna cruise the coastal hwy been a dream of mine for some time now. Basically I want to drive from Maryland to Los Angeles Google maps says 1day and 18 hours, but my girlfriend isn't down for the ride. Just want to know wat do you guys think about that drive it's 2,690 and off course I'll be renting a mustang vert
I would first find out if anyone will rent you a car to go cross country. Some car companies put in little restrictions, like a guy who rented a car in Tuscon Arizona and drove into California. The rental company slam dunked him.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
I would first find out if anyone will rent you a car to go cross country. Some car companies put in little restrictions, like a guy who rented a car in Tuscon Arizona and drove into California. The rental company slam dunked him.
yea that I will have to find out but I'm a gold club member with hertz I think they give you unlimited mileage but I will check into that I don't wanna get hit with unexpected fee's
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
The trip is doable. I would recommend that you break it down to no more than 6-8 hours at a time. Plenty of sights along the way. Considering doing a mild Route 66 trek. Plenty of places to enjoy and it would break up the journey.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.