Muscle Supplements - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Muscle Supplements

What do you guys take ?

I take Combat Protein / Kre Alk pills / Pre-Workout ..

Trying to find something to help get more results , or to help with muscle repair on rest days. Thanks
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
What do you guys take ? I take Combat Protein / Kre Alk pills / Pre-Workout .. Trying to find something to help get more results , or to help with muscle repair on rest days. Thanks
All natural... Lots of chicken and brown rice though haha
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Right now I'm currently loading on creatine.. Just finished week 1.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Im "bulking" atm. Its hard as hell for me to gain weight
Old 12-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Hyper FX for a Pre Work out/ Syntha 6 for protien/ And War for recovery.

Hyper FX grape is the best/ Syntha 6 all taste great/ and War is horrific but works great..
kript2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I just take a basic whey (ON Gold Standard) and leave the rest to food. Lots of chicken, fish, brown rice and veggies. Most likely you'll get "more results" by switching up the routine or just eating and sleeping more.
KSconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Depends what kind of results are you looking for?
BlackSmoke02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
ISO whey protein (allmax isoflex), ripped freak pre work out, intrabolic for during work out, bcaa's, casein protein powder (take one scoop before sleep ) and multi vitamins. (Sometimes I have fishoils and amino acid supplements).
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Sooo anyone else here HATE leg days?? Or am i just a *****?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
I'm a big runner and a soon to be diver in the navy. Core strength and legs are the bread and butter of my career. I'll admit that the chest and tricep days are usually more satisfying , but I don't mind leg days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3472031778.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	256.5 KB
ID:	142153  
Old 12-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I'm a big runner and a soon to be diver in the navy. Core strength and legs are the bread and butter of my career. I'll admit that the chest and tricep days are usually more satisfying , but I don't mind leg days.
Lol i dont skip them (as much as I would LOVE to), i just straight up hate them haha. That pic seriously made me lmao!
And its understandable the reason for you not minding them, thank you for your service!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't skip it, but I occasionally push it back a day or so to align it better with rest days or weekends. Being a former soccer player, I HATE legs and cardio with a fiery passion rivaled only by the fury of a thousand suns. Those are the days I hang out at the shake bar at the gym for an hour or so afterwards and chat with the cute girls behind the counter...because I can't press the clutch down in my car (I turn into Thumper from the movie Bambi), let alone walk across the parking lot.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I was physically unable to do legs for a good while due to my knee. FINALLY got cleared a few weeks ago and have had my first real good leg workouts in over a year recently. I am nowhere near where I should be but its not terrible.

But yeah, legs and back are way too neglected and some of the most effective workouts you can do. Also increases testosterone naturally from what I hear but that might just be an extra motivator that isn't entirely true lol.

For supplements.

-Protien Shake (mass gainer) with creatine/glycogen/BCAAs 1 hour before workout
-3 scoops of C4 about 30 minutes before workout start
-Pound a liter of water a good 15 minutes prior to start
-Drink water throughout
-Another protein shake when I'm done

This either winds up being lunch on workout days or I have a REALLY light lunch of chicken and brown rice with maybe a little soy sauce thrown in there for flavor to go with it.

I'm also finally going to be cleared to run again soon so those days will just be a ton of water and 1 scoop of C4 just to get me motivated to do 30 minutes of cardio. Fun...

One of the benefits of being in the military is a crazy *** gym and extra time to "PT" during the day.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I was physically unable to do legs for a good while due to my knee. FINALLY got cleared a few weeks ago and have had my first real good leg workouts in over a year recently. I am nowhere near where I should be but its not terrible. But yeah, legs and back are way too neglected and some of the most effective workouts you can do. Also increases testosterone naturally from what I hear but that might just be an extra motivator that isn't entirely true lol. For supplements. -Protien Shake (mass gainer) with creatine/glycogen/BCAAs 1 hour before workout -3 scoops of C4 about 30 minutes before workout start -Pound a liter of water a good 15 minutes prior to start -Drink water throughout -Another protein shake when I'm done This either winds up being lunch on workout days or I have a REALLY light lunch of chicken and brown rice with maybe a little soy sauce thrown in there for flavor to go with it. I'm also finally going to be cleared to run again soon so those days will just be a ton of water and 1 scoop of C4 just to get me motivated to do 30 minutes of cardio. Fun... One of the benefits of being in the military is a crazy *** gym and extra time to "PT" during the day.
I used to hate back days the most before I joined the military and boy did I pay for it during boot camp. My chin up/ pull strength was non existent. I know take more care and effort during back and biceps day . As for "extra time" to do pt, that depends how much work needs to be done and how bad your bosses want to get noticed by having their boys worked to the bone lol. With my recent promotion, I've found myself with a whole bunch more responsibilities. I'm lucky if I can hit the gym at work 1x a week. Luckily , Christmas leave period is a quiet time on the frigates and that should give me some time to work out on company time hehe.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Im "bulking" atm. Its hard as hell for me to gain weight
Set an alarm for 2am and take a protein shake with oats and peanut butter. Will be an additional 600 calories and over a week that's another full day of eating.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
I just take a basic whey (ON Gold Standard) and leave the rest to food. Lots of chicken, fish, brown rice and veggies. Most likely you'll get "more results" by switching up the routine or just eating and sleeping more.
Bingo. If you want big results take ****ing dbol an milk lol. There's no supplement for hard work. Eat like a mutha ****er and take shakes in between those meals. Set a program and don't deviate from it for a year. Weak point train as necessary and focus on recovery work. Weak guys can have big arms but the measure of a man is gorilla like shoulders neck and back.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote:

Wow what a picture lol. Hahaha
jhherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
Staff
Regular
Staff

That pic might be photoshopped lol but for all intents and purposes that's what we call the "North Jersey body".

I'm actually trying to LOSE weight, I should be around 190 and I'm at 215. Once I start up the running it should hopefully be off or mostly off by the summer. My wife and I have completely cut out any junk in the house, I go shopping 3 or 4 times a week for individual fresh meals and even diet soda is cut out at the house. I drink Coke Zero at work sometimes just for a pick me up but that's it.

Used to be able to drop 20+ lbs in a month running 3-4 times a week and lifting 3 times a week so we'll see what happens now that I'm over 30...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Lol north jersey body. Yeah I see some of the people like you Scotty are in the military so I know most of your training has to revolve around real world applications and not being muscle bound and bloated all the time. My cousin works for homeland security in Washington and it's been tough on him going from a 220lb frame to 190ish.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I would love to have to LOSE weight. My heaviest was a lean 173lbs at 5'10. I just can't stomach or afford to eat a healthy 7 meals per day to gain as much as I'd like. Lately hit a streak of depression/laziness where I refuse to go to the gym during the day and don't have the motivation to go at night. Any tips if you guys have hit the same wall? Or just *****g do it?
Old 12-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well in the Chair Force we are the only branch that currently does not have a weight management program. You pass the waist/pushups/situps/run (or walk if you have jacked up knees like me) or you don't.

I can pass it all just fine, I'm just trying to get back into better shape for ME. I see where my father is going being on every medication known to man because he is 50+lbs overweight and diabetic and can't let that happen to me.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Now i on the other hand have an office job at a hospital. So my job revolves around 2 things:

1. Look like I'm important while checking emails
2. Wank off in the office every time the hot chick from the quality department walks to the copier outside my office.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would love to have to LOSE weight. My heaviest was a lean 173lbs at 5'10. I just can't stomach or afford to eat a healthy 7 meals per day to gain as much as I'd like. Lately hit a streak of depression/laziness where I refuse to go to the gym during the day and don't have the motivation to go at night. Any tips if you guys have hit the same wall? Or just *****g do it?
I've never been in those shoes but here would be my advice. Part of your motivation will come from little successes or wins. For example if a guy benches 400lbs for the first time he's more inclined to keep going and working hard because there's visual progress. Don't stress about physically going to the gym but find something that you can do to better yourself. If it's running then walk a mile around the neighborhood. No excuses just move your feet and be consistent. After a month go to walk jogs every couple of mailboxes. The next month your going for better times. After that go 2 miles every other day. If it's weight training find hit around the house. Curl buckets of water for reps. Push ups. Find something u can pull or hang on for inverted rows or pull ups. Crunches. All of these are not ground breaking but will change your mood and develop a basic level of strength better than the avg joe. For meals just eat 3 to 4 a day with plenty of meat and veggies. Start there and your bound to see some results.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="jhherndon;1905317"] Set an alarm for 2am and take a protein shake with oats and peanut butter. Will be an additional 600 calories and over a week that's another full day of eating. ---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ---------- Bingo. If you want big results take ****ing dbol an milk lol. There's no supplement for hard work. Eat like a mutha ****er and take shakes in between those meals. Set a program and don't deviate from it for a year. Weak point train as necessary and focus on recovery work. Weak guys can have big arms but the measure of a man is gorilla like shoulders neck and back. ---------- Post added at 10:35 AM
I'm eating AT LEAST 5500 calories a day and so far have been putting on about 3lbs a week. I've been thinking about that whole shake idea but I'm not too sure yet. I have a job where im on my feet constantly going so that doesn't help me either lol. I love back work outs! Just hate leg days, don't skip them or push them back though lol.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote:
I've been in your shoes man.. Gym time HELPS though, took me awhile to get up again too... Just say **** it and roll up your sleeves bro!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the shakes help and it keeps it from
Being a sloppy weight gain like too much pizza and **** lol. But it sounds like you've got it down with a gain of 3lb a week. That's damn good
Old 12-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhherndon View Post
Yeah the shakes help and it keeps it from Being a sloppy weight gain like too much pizza and **** lol. But it sounds like you've got it down with a gain of 3lb a week. That's damn good
Im dirty bulking though :/ im literally eating everything in sight. Hell, I'm eating pizza right now
Old 12-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im dirty bulking though :/ im literally eating everything in sight. Hell, I'm eating pizza right now
For some people, that works best, but for others: simply increasing protein, poly and sat fats, and vitamin/mineral Intake will help gain mass (lean mass is more likely). I can't bulk up without getting really fat, so I need to really watch my diet through all my phases. I lost a lot of weight in the last few years. I became a little too cardio orientated and after I got sick, I lost what little essential muscle I've had. I took it As an opportunity to gain solid lean mass. For example, I've put on 5 lbs during the last 3 months. Not a lot, but it's all lean and I'm much stronger than I was before the start of my phase. Now I'm going back Into a cardio enriched program for a few months, so il probably cut more muscle and burn some fat, but il have to start all over from where I was. Working out in the civi world is so much easier. You can keep it simple and your worklife doesn't affect your work out routines too dramatically.

Anyways, il share some pics after I get back from the supplement store tomorrow. My bud is a manager there and I always get sweet discounts. Need some new protein, bcaa, pre work out, fish oils and glutamine powder!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Now I'm going back Into a cardio enriched program for a few months, so il probably cut more muscle and burn some fat, but il have to start all over from where I was.
A great deal of the misunderstanding of the function of the cardiovascular system arises from the use of the word "aerobics" to describe a particular exercise protocol. The term aerobic denotes a metabolic pathway within the body which yields energy through the oxidation of fat and carbohydrate. Literally, aerobic means: "with oxygen". Most of us have been taught that to exercise aerobically is to perform long duration steady-state activities which produce an elevated heart rate. Note that said participation of the heart and lungs is entirely dependent on muscular activity. Such low intensity activity is said to primarily stress the aerobic metabolic pathway and allow the body to use primarily fat as a fuel source. Additionally, "aerobics" is thought to provide an increase in endurance and provide a protective effect against coronary artery disease. While I will certainly agree that there are some marginal benefits to the cardiovascular system from a program of such activity, the reality is simply that these effects could be achieved in a safer and more efficient manner through the use of high-intensity strength training.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #27
Staff
Regular
Staff

There is a blender in the storage closet at work that is not used. Thinking of washing it out really good and using it to make power shakes for lunch. Quaker Oats, some natural peanut butter and my protein mixed with vanilla soy milk=gewd.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
There is a blender in the storage closet at work that is not used. Thinking of washing it out really good and using it to make power shakes for lunch. Quaker Oats, some natural peanut butter and my protein mixed with vanilla soy milk=gewd.
Hell yes. I would.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #29
Staff
Regular
Staff

I just need to see if I can dig up the workout I was doing in the desert in 2009. That effing thing was effective and once I started seeing results it got addicting. Coming home to a wife, winter and a 8 month old infant kind of put the kabosh on that tho... 12 hr shifts too...

But I work an office job now and as long as I get my work done I can vanish for 2-3 hours and nobody bats an eye. Plenty of time to get a solid 1+ hour workout in, get a little lunch, shower and get back.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol dirty bulking. Fug it though. Sometimes that's what it takes. Seeing your abs and looking "toned" is bull ish anyway. It's all about the yoke.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhherndon View Post
Lol dirty bulking. Fug it though. Sometimes that's what it takes. Seeing your abs and looking "toned" is bull ish anyway. It's all about the yoke.
I'm not too worried about my abs lol. I have a solid core and it's really easy for me to tone up. I'm just trying to get "bigger" lol
Old 12-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
I'm not too worried about my abs lol. I have a solid core and it's really easy for me to tone up. I'm just trying to get "bigger" lol
I couldn't see my abs in the last week of basic training and have resolved that I never will lol. I'm built more like a brick sihithouse anyway. I get myself down to sub 190 and in the shape I was in after my 2009 deployment I'll be a happy camper. The wife will be too.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone try Bar Brothers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3053201947.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	455.3 KB
ID:	142275