Valet or Waiter? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #36
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehigh BKR View Post
It's frustrates you? Are you kidding me. First of all.. That's not always the case. Choice A I had a hook up as well as choice B. I knew someone who could get me a job at both and me going for choice A now has nothing to do with what people are and aren't saying on here. You don't know my life.. Or what obstacles I have to take in consideration. My cousin with the Valet happened to get back to me first before the person in the restaurant business so I'm going for it. If it really bothers you then don't post here.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Thanks I appreciate it

I think he was just saying how you asked a question here and out of what everyone said it seemed like you had your mind set already. That there was no point in asking.

That's just what I'm interpreting, I don't think it was meant to be a personal stab to you.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Do they own the restaurant or just work there? Or would you drive a V6 or drive a Shelby 1000?
They work there. I drive a 5.0.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I think he was just saying how you asked a question here and out of what everyone said it seemed like you had your mind set already. That there was no point in asking.

That's just what I'm interpreting, I don't think it was meant to be a personal stab to you.

^-- This.

With what everyone has said about each job I wouldn't care if I "had a hook up" or not. When I was job searching I had no hook ups and did things the old fashion way. I didn't agree to the first place that called me in. I went to the best place. The one that gave me the best skills and training as well as schedule and money. And you're right that I don't know your life. But I assume it's like every other person's life as in the fact that you want the best.

I'll just tell you right now that I'm relatively young and already understand a cold hard fact of life that is:

Just because something is convenient does not mean it's worth doing.

/rant over. Have fun parking cars and getting no skills. As long as you're happy then it works for you.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 03:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Valet or Waiter?

I will have fun parking cars. That wasn't the point.. My point was asking people on here with personal experience who have worked in either business. Just cause I have hook ups isn't what is making me get the job. I had 2 other jobs I applied at and didn't go through. So I'm not " going for the first option " or the "easy way out." I don't need to have skills in my next job cause it's not the career path I'm pursuing. I'm already in my career and have my foot in the door. This is just a job to give me money to pay for my car and a little extra spending money. I work at a grocery store making minimum wage.. Just looking for a step up and new opportunities. However..thanks for your support.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I will have fun parking cars. That wasn't the point.. My point was asking people on here with personal experience who have worked in either business. Just cause I have hook ups isn't what is making me get the job. I had 2 other jobs I applied at and didn't go through. So I'm not " going for the first option " or the "easy way out." I don't need to have skills in my next job cause it's not the career path I'm pursuing. I'm already in my career and have my foot in the door. This is just a job to give me money to pay for my car and a little extra spending money. I work at a grocery store making minimum wage.. Just looking for a step up and new opportunities. However..thanks for your support.
in the end you have to do what is best for you, all the advice in the world doesnt pay the bills. i hope you are successful at your next job.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in the end you have to do what is best for you, all the advice in the world doesnt pay the bills. i hope you are successful at your next job.

Exactly. Just figured I'd gather some past experiences and knowledge from you guys ( which I appreciate all of you that shared ). Thanks a lot.. I got the job today so I'm pretty stoked for a new start.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Exactly. Just figured I'd gather some past experiences and knowledge from you guys ( which I appreciate all of you that shared ). Thanks a lot.. I got the job today so I'm pretty stoked for a new start.

I apologize for getting agitated. Good luck and I hope it all goes well! Don't forget to take pics of awesome cars you get to drive!

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I apologize for getting agitated. Good luck and I hope it all goes well! Don't forget to take pics of awesome cars you get to drive!

I apologize for agitating you.. Thanks though I will for sure!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lol.
I don't think that everyone understands how difficult that it can be to land a fulltime, paying, job as a firefighter. People rarely quit. You have to wait for retirements and such.
Once you get in you usually stay in. That job blows away being a waiter or a valet by a long ways. And I highly doubt that BKR ever saw himself as a waiter at 45 years old...

Congrats man!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Lol.
I don't think that everyone understands how difficult that it can be to land a fulltime, paying, job as a firefighter. People rarely quit. You have to wait for retirements and such.
Once you get in you usually stay in. That job blows away being a waiter or a valet by a long ways. And I highly doubt that BKR ever saw himself as a waiter at 45 years old...

Congrats man!

Couldn't have said it any better., I've wanted to be in the Fire career ever since I was 5 years old and I'm finally following through with it. I'm 18 and currently in the Junior Fire department as well as taking classes ahead of time for my EMT/Fire Science degree. The Valet/waiter job is just a job for now.. To get me by, to pay the bills and provide some extra spending money. Nothing to do with my full time career. Thanks man, I appreciate it.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
this came in today Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1390691378.326117.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	145750
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #47