Pittsburgh tools - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Pittsburgh tools

Hey all I found these tools specifically jack stands and a floor jack for a good price. Wanted to know if anyone had used em or knows anything about em?
05stangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Harbor Freight Tools

They are probably made in some city in China that has no idea about safety or Quality control. That is why they are cheap. Harbor freight has been in business for a very long time so you should be OK. Just don't totally depend on the jack but the jack stands should work fine.
Personally, I would go to Sears or Lowe's and buy some better quality items. They do have a little better quality made in China tools then Harbor Freight.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I got their 3 ton jack stands. They are actually pretty solid jack stands. I've used them several occasions for the Stang.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys for the input
Old 12-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Your talking about from harbor freight i assume, i use to work there and only say one jackstand come back and thats was due to the lock handle breaking because of a bad weld. But as far as other tools i would use any of the wrenches because they are made of pot metal and just bend and then round off your bolt the sockets in mot sure about but if i had a choice id deff not get them. The jacks are good as long as you use them right (the right weight) and they should be good. Their air tools aren't bad either for the price you pay. Just stay away from their battery powered stuff and you will be good
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks that helps
Old 12-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No problem
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
i have alsi used tools from harbor freight, the jack stands are good stuff for the higher priced ones, they sometimes sell a cheaper one that works, but i wouldnt trust them. as for the other tools, they tend to be cheaper tools designed for the average person who might use them a few times a month. for that they are effective, but for more use than that, step up and buy better tools from lowes or home depot.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I just would not trust their jack.

If a jack fails before you can get the jack stand out you will be stuck. Get a good jack. I'm sure their Jack stands are fine.
Harbor Freight does have decent stuff but not at the extreme low price. Their better stuff just costs more. You get what you pay for. ( Caveat Emptor)
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar